Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44666 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Confusion everywhere. Do I go or do I stay

Stay back.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by obaidan: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
1. Talks about Nigerians abroad not making it to Forbes list are very unintelligent. People want to be happy and have a chance of living a good life. People don't want to be dragging generator, struggling to get to work, wake up 4am for a work that will start at 8am to get 350k per month where they can hardly save 100k. People want to live a decent life, People want to position their kids to compete at the global level, not competing for zenith bank cbn nnpc jobs with governors daughters, u are there talking about Forbes List.

2. Far right people abroad are the ticking timebomb to you, the boko Haram, thugs that ur politicians are raising putting guns in their hands during election, that those ones will use the guns to start earning a living after election, those ones are not ticking bomb to you

3. No racism, but there's discrimination along ethnic lines. We are so alike, yet we find any little opportunity to attack one another igbo this, yoruba that, fulani that, parents telling their children not to marry from another tribe, but u think racism is the only monster.

4. So if someone is a caregiver, she should not take the job to care for gay couple because she is religious. U do logic test at all before u typed all these things?

5. Cost of living is cheaper yenyenyen. Standard of living nko. Income standard nko. Why u dey celebrate low cost of living, I thought Nigerians living in Nigeria are on Forbes list mission. People abroad earn enough to support their living oga.

6. According to you Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring to those places to live like king, you dont even need to be too analytical and deep to realize that Nigerians that are working now too in the US and EU have a chance of retiring back to Nigeria to live like kings too. And that's the reason they are doing what they are doing now.

7. Why are those Americans and EU citizens waiting till retirement before relocating to Indonesia, Mexico amd the rest u talked about. Why not relocate to those places in their active years, why wait till retirement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Smartguyboy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
Anything to make you happy

At least they're far better than Nigeria that top the ladder of unemployment and poverty in the world

Is there any where in the world where there’s No poverty and unemployment?
We all know 98% Nigeria living in Europe are all poor people living in Nigeria are better than them.

They are street people go to beg for food in Italy and many European countries.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2023
Omobalo67:

You get BAD mouth
bro Watin person go talk na 😂🤣
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Artiiclebeast: 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
I would have dissected the trash here one by one, but no time to do so.

If una like make una believe all these nonsense.

I'm sure all what the demented op conjured are the same reasons why the politicians ruining his life and the country have all their wards away from Nigeria while they remain to keep looting and shoring up in waiting for the return of these wards to come take over from their parents in a bid to continue to rule and govern the likes of this op and his wards.

A very myopic and moronic attempt at being patriotic and "uncowardly".

OYO for anyone who fails to use his tongue to count his teeth.

The best thing that's ever happened to me and everyone I know is "Japa".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by slydog(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

You failed to identify health care. You are one sickness away from death in our comatose health sector.

Few moments ago, I witnessed someone collapsed on the street and 911 was called while on the phone they were telling the caller how to position his body and do CPR while doing cpr fire service came with their medical team and began resuscitation, less than 5 mins later emergency medical service came in. It was my first time witnessing such, what I did was to count the number of paramedics on ground for one person. I counted 7. They had mini versions of a number of medical equipment I don't know which they used to resuscitate him, while they were prepping to put him into the ambulance police arrived to ask some questions.

This was just someone walking on the street. If this happens in Nigeria, that fellow is gone, not only do we have no one to call for emergency medical services, but the fact that all fellow Nigerians will do is to gather round, block fresh air, shout eyah, video you in your dying moments and maybe pray that God accepts you into paradise.

Here, I see people moving and driving with mobile oxygen with hose connected to their noses and still functioning. I've met someone walking with colostrum bags and functioning well, and smoking his crystal meth. The fact that he cant pass shit normally wont even kill him, rather its OD from his crystal meth that'(( kill him. Meanwhile, my mother inlaw almost died of intestinal obstruction.

The fact that life is valued and precious here supercedes all these facts which if I even want to tackle, I'll tackle all.
Your money will not save you when medical emergencies happen and you're told there's either no doc available, or no equipment/outdated equipment, or no power.
Talking about easy to become millionaire, I met a Nigerian real estate Millionaire here in Canada. There are others. Truth is in these societies, you really don't have to be a Millionaire to enjoy the good things of life. I arrived Canada last year, I'm not a Millionaire but I already have carribean boat cruise and vacation to Cacun next year. Racism? Forget that, we have our version in Nigeria in different dimensions.
If you want to stay back in Nigeria, by all means, if you have the means to japa, do it the right way. I even feel coming in as a student is a waste of money, though I realize that's the only option for some, just ensure whichever process you use is legit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by obaidan: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2023
Some talk about children of rich people n politicians living in Nigeria. Just dey whine yourselves. Dey dere dey use analogy wey no even tally with ur situation at all

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Afolue(m): 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
True. Africa is an hidden treasure. For those who knows…

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by alfredilly: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

This can't sell anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Elonmuzk(m): 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
Mrdecent:
You sat down in a village typing stuff...

You have not spend a night with kidnappers before and you don't have any serious health challenges, if not, your orientation will change about japa.

OP, just pray none of those things above happens to you . That's when you will know the difference between Japa and staying in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by livebullet(m): 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

I disagree with number 4... In Naija fake products fit poison person... Including sniper sprayed bean etc. In the west, the food industry is closely regulated.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by samuraijapan: 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hello! I am Japanese!
I was just looking and saw this title, so I wrote to you.
Of course you are welcome to come to Japan, but Japan is certainly not a very nice country.
Nowadays, we Japanese don't feel Japan has a future either!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by nosa2ekundayo: 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

Eiya maybe some frustrated individual abroad has discourage you....

Look, even Nigeria as a country needs to japa!

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Is there any where in the world where there’s No poverty and unemployment?
We all know 98% Nigeria living in Europe are all poor people living in Nigeria are better than them.

They are street people go to beg for food in Italy and many European countries.
Nigeria top the ladder of poverty and unemployment while their corrupt leaders have stolen resources running in trillions of naira if not dollars in their bank account and even properties across the globe

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
santaclaws:
Not a bad idea to have a contrary opinion on Japa, but your claim that Nigerians youths moving to other countries is an act of cowardice is definitely an unreasonable statement.
[b]
They are Cowards
Call a spade a spade

[/b]
You didn't take into account that so many people have been struggling in this country even before the economic issues. A lot don't have jobs in Nigeria despite being graduates and most employed people are underpaid.

They shud struggle harder

If the youths aren't cowards, they should stay over and allow visionless politicians, poverty and hyperinflation ruin their lives?

How did politician ruin them
Is it pols that said they shud'nt farm or manufacture?

. Or betterstill, they should take up arms and challenge the government so that they can die for nothing... 😒
when americans and europeans took up arms against their govts, did they die for nothing?
Why are you now drumming to nothing

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by bejick(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

Racism is by far better than Tribalism and Nepotism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Exceed15: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
No 7 makes sense. How can your son walk up to you and tells you be thinks he is a girl. I will never bring my kids until they turn 18.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

What does other people's poverty got to do with you ?

You left your bank manager job to UK to become a window cleaner... what does the future hold for you as a 43 years old man working as a window cleaner in your Almighty UK ? Do you think in 15 years time, you can measure up to your Nigerian colleagues who retired successfully as a banker ?
if your country good they won't abandoned it for another. Use your tongue count your teeth. Your country is a shit hole littered with poverty. I can count numbers of Nigerians in my area that don't have anything to eat to celebrate Christmas while the leaders has their stolen resources running in trillions of naira if not dollars in their bank account with various properties across the globe

Your corrupt leaders has turned her graduates into Yahoo Yahoo. Go school for naija and remain jobless for decades

Insecurity is nothing to write home about. Bokoharam, bandit, herdsmen, ritualist, kidnapper,armed-roberry, pick pocket, street hurshins, cyber fraudsters, rapist et al

Naija don cast no be today

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
bejick:

Racism is by far better than Tribalism and Nepotism
you can say that again. Racism is different skin colour but tribalism and nepotism is of same colour

Shame on this country

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by NICEEY: 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

6.) No Racism:

This is one of the most beautiful write-ups I have seen on nairaland. I also once had that mentality but with a lot of reading and research I came to descover that remaining in Nigeria is the best option for a Nigerian. Stay in Nigeria, read books that would help you build wealth, practice what you read and see yourself soar high in no time. Japa will only make you a slave, it's just a pity only little people know this fact. Stay in Nigeria build wealth then travel to anywhere in the world for entertainment, that's when you really enjoy leaving your country and not when you are poor. I give a very big thumbs up to this writer.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:

DISCLAIMER:

[/color]
It's not supposed
They are living First World lives
And Nigeria has 29000 dollar millionaires while has 15million
Stop smoking

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries.
[color=#770077]
For your mind, west does not have support system
What do you think insurance or social security is?
Una go just dey yarn okpata with free mb

You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you,
[/color]
Bank loan dey
Scholarship dey
Soup kitchen dey
Shelter dey

.if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home,
[color=#770077]
Police
Child services
Streets go help you abroad too

if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting

So you really think westerners will watch your house burn
Besides they collectively paid for fire department that will come while not are using bucket and palm leaves

if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

Do you think ppl don't get abandoned in Nigeria?

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos.

Where did you get this fake stat
How many have died in Lagos this year
How many in abroad
Lie small small na
Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture.

Is Boko,bandits, herdsmen, kidnappers, ugm far right in Nigeria? Talk with sense
In Nigeria it's even police that you will be afraid of
These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media.

Yet you manufactured your own 7 times likely data. Clown
In d

Nobody is jealous of your menu o
And you think you are not paying thru nous skin pores in Nigeria. Everyday lamentation of price of tomatoes and rice. Joker

Weather that encourages poverty is favorable?
Do you hear yourself

6.) No Racism:

What is tribalism?
Mtscheeeeeeew

Which ideology have you gained in Nigeria?

Na you wan overwork yourself and refuse to participate
Na only to drink beer and spend money you don't have pretending to be enjoying una Sabi

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples.

You can request different clients
Or get another job. Nobody forces you to do anything.

You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy.

Google sister wives and stop spewing rubbish

I doubt if men have rights in the West.

Plenty
They choose not to exercise them

You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court.

Ever heard of prenup or trust
Please read more and type less

If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict.

Is it not same in Nigeria?

I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band.

Must you watch premier league or play in it

He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye.

He should provide an essential service then let's see who will cancel him
Entertainment is not a career

They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

Why din they come and make their money in Nigeria
Why did they hammer first before retiring to shithole countries. And it's even the poor ones that didn't save enough pension that do that rubbish

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again.

Na you wan return to the system
You sef follow the tax code and pay less takes unlike Nigeria where you will pay blank check 'taxes ' (bribing govt officials, repairing car due to bad road, losing lives and property due to no fire service or healthcare system
Better tell yourself the truth

In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.

Na you wan slave o

Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays

The more the income the less the taxes ogbeni, shift
Ask trump, ask bezos, ask buffet, they don't pay taxes
because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term.

[b]
Don't pay 'taxes' in Nigeria and you will end up dead

[/b]
[quote]The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe.

You think they didn't pay their taxes before leaving?

An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly.

First World living is anomaly? Are you OK

Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
na so yet police dey flog ppl for embassy? How many abroad ppl do you see remaining in Nigeria? Dreamer

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
sukkot:

Truth be told tribalism is not a problem in Nigeria. Only one tribe experiences tribalism in Nigeria and it can be prevented. You think the edo or ijaw or Hausa or Fulani or Yoruba man experiences tribalism ? No they don’t. It’s only the Igbo tribe that experiences tribalism. And that’s because they have refused to accept the fuckup of their ancestors and live with it. Their constant agitation against the effects of their own fuckup is why they experience tribalism

So what is the fuckup ? The Igbo man was ruling and in control of the country for many years after colonization but the fact that other regions still had regional powers was angering them because they wanted the ultimate power over everybody. So azikiwe and ironsi through their 419 magomago eventually abolished regional powers so Igbo would have ultimate power. They killed all the regional leaders of the other regions. Then they shutdown cessation clause to come out of Nigeria if you don’t like the union. And unfortunately for them Hausa snatched power but now it’s central power and no cessation and Igbo is minority tribe so they can never win an election in Nigeria again because nobody wants to align with them after their magomago of killing regional leaders and eliminating regional power and cessation clause. So automatically Igbo is relegated to third class citizen due to nothing but their own action. Instead of just accepting the fuckup and existing like every minor tribe with no hope for power they will be agitating and making noise. This is the only cause of the tribalism against igbo. Nobody else experiences tribalism. But if igbo just relax and accept their position the tribalism will disappear tomorrow
You are a disgrace to humanity. Who told you only one tribe experience tribalism and nepotism in Nigeria? Let's assume truly only one tribe experience it how is that not a problem? Are they not Nigerian?

You're a disgusting tribal biggot

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by NICEEY: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

What's your definition of make it...?

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 3000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N700, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $700 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $1200 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren

You have said well. People will only see where they are looking and will never see where they don't look. Opportunities yapa for Nigeria many of us are just not noticing because we allowed the hatred of politicians to blind us.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
NICEEY:

This is one of the most beautiful write-ups I have seen on nairaland. I also once had that mentality but with a lot of reading and research I came to descover that remaining in Nigeria is the best option for a Nigerian. Stay in Nigeria, read books that would help you build wealth, practice what you read and see yourself soar high in no time. Japa will only make you a slave, it's just a pity only little people know this fact. Stay in Nigeria build wealth then travel to anywhere in the world for entertainment, that's when you really enjoy leaving your country and not when you are poor. I give a very big thumbs up to this writer.
Tell these your sermon to millions of unemployed Nigerian graduates roaming the streets on a daily basis

Tell these your sermon to an average Nigerians that can't afford ordinary 3 square meal daily

Tell these your sermon to those Nigerians in my area that don't have anything today to celebrate Christmas while their corrupt leaders stole their resources running to trillions of naira if not dollars in their various bank account with fleets of properties across the globe, while they buy dual citizenship for themselves and families

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by bejick(m): 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
you can say that again. Racism is different skin colour but tribalism and nepotism is of same colour

Shame on this country

The bane that holds Nigeria Down are Religion, Tribalism, Nepotism (for the poor masses) and the grandpa Greed ( for the upper echelon and Politicians)

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by TariDisemi300: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
The original author of this article is delusional

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by olawura18(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lol nonsense
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by bejick(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 3000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N700, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $700 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $1200 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren

The are not the same since 75% is for expenses that means the 700 dos id for savings while the person they paid N700,000 never run expenses at all and the truth how many jobs in Nigeria pays as much as 700k.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by NICEEY: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
Tell these your sermon to millions of unemployed Nigerian graduates roaming the streets on a daily basis

Tell these your sermon to an average Nigerians that can't afford ordinary 3 square meal daily

Tell these your sermon to those Nigerians in my area that don't have anything today to celebrate Christmas while their corrupt leaders stole their resources running to trillions of naira if not dollars in their various bank account with fleets of properties across the globe, while they buy dual citizenship for themselves and families

That's exactly what am doing, am telling everyone. At this level anybody waiting for any politician to fix this country so that he can enjoy is a fool. Yes I said what I said. Are there not a lot of hungry people in the US? Or is it because Africans love to showcase their own problems for the world to see? Even if someone would fix this country pls tell me is it in the next twenty years with how everything is going. Nigerians are the ones who will even try everything to stop him, as long as he is not their candidate, so what are you saying? See our lives are left to us if we like we can just wail and suffer and if we like we can try to help ourselves and find a way out. Upon everything happening in Nigeria some people are still moving from poverty to riches every year. So Mr Man keep your bitterness to yourself.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by headboyprince(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2023
Antoeni:
12 .Its Easier to Commit Crime Here in Nigeria And Get Away With it
that is even more reason to japa... because you can easily get robbed on the street and nothing will happen. its only an advantage if you're a crinimial yourself. this means only crinimals will choose not to japa. not sane person will reject canada visa just to remain in Nigeria.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by headboyprince(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
Available9:

again another garbage...how many youths in nigeria can boast of 700k per month salary that isnt into fraud or shady business... you should be talking of 30 - 50k per month salary because that is the most that is the basic salary you can use to compare to that 3k abroad... so if you earn 30k per month how much will be your take home in this current country.? iam waiting...? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
bejick:

The bane that holds Nigeria Down are Religion, Tribalism, Nepotism (for the poor masses) and the grandpa Greed ( for the upper echelon and Politicians)
Nah
Our albatross is laziness
Gulf states are nepotist ,tribalism, and religious
So are western states
And they are all greedy
Laziness is your problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos / Hit-And-Run Driver Knocks Down Echefu Lawrencia Uloma, LAUTECH Student (Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 312
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.