Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44789 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You โ€˜Japaโ€™ โ€” Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by BreconHills(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lukepeter:

Majority would make it without luck (wetin Christian dey call Grace) and without waiting for someone to connect them to a Job like in Nigeria through nepotism, corruption and other illegality.

It's more of a 80/20 thing.

50/50 or 40/60 against if you understand the industrial machine system he is talking about. If one had the chance to succeed in both climes would anybody choose abroad? Even the expatriates that come here don't want to go back.

I spent significant time abroad and by the time I came back I had lost most of my childhood contacts who rose rapidly through the NG system - many who are founders of banks, governors and so on.

Many say "Iam doing it for the children" Well I have a child in Cambridge but I pay special attention to stay in touch - the values system abroad may not give parents that much joy in old age.. And we are working hard to build businesses in NG that he can scale.

But I think the real problem stems from the rising costs of international travel and the absence of real choice through having an informed choice. Back in the day when an air ticket was 350 naira university students were travelling like pure water and yet not choosing to remain.

Experience will make us all wise if facts don't.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Jayhome24: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

What class of visa did they relocate with?

That person you quoted has lived his life all in the US. Never take such miscreants to be serious people. I am willing to bet he trafficked drugs and got deported.

Another nonentity on the loose. Who get chain in the house? Pls this guy need to be chain his level of obidients miscrrants status it's in the high degree of lunacy.

Think before you talk next time.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by greatman247(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lovemeharder:
The pros and cons of Japa cheesy
As for me, I feel it doesn't favor everybody, some will definitely make it there while some will not. It's a 50/50 thing.

Oga it's 90/10.

Almost everyone makes it there but fewer or very few people make it in Nigeria, not like that.

People base you making it to Luck or Grace, but not like that in Abroad. You work and work here with no results, not like that in Abroad.

In Abroad, a very large number of persons make it and very few don't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=Piroty post=127619947]

I never said it's not more here, it is [b]but i actually prefer if undergraduates don't see jobs as the sole reason for graduating[/[/b]quote] you're right but poverty is the cause

Government improvished the masses, so what do you expect?

Poor parents struggle to send their Wards to school, some even take loan with nothing to show for it after many years

Graduates get automatic jobs in the 80s after school. But now, even first-class are thrown out in the streets

You need to see how graduates had become fraudsters popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo

I weep for this country
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by soccerlite: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
Nonsense talk

Even the people stealing money aren't spending it in nigeria

Well

It's your prayer and so it shall be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Lifeinlight: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
Jayhome24:

Another nonentity on the loose. Who get chain in the house? Pls this guy need to be chain his level of obidients miscrrants status it's in the high degree of lunacy.

Think before you talk next time.
lol

You finally brought in politics into this. I definitely know you and your likes must be one of those miscreants that asslick their oppressor, claiming to be patriotic.

Stockholm syndrome

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Amonijosh1: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
allow people japa joor, let them face what ever consequence
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Piroty: 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=Lifeinlight post=127620024][/quote]

I absolutely get your point though,even to get the skill has become expensive and takes time too,government isn't helping matter on the other hand
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by soccerlite: 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2023
Basicend:
If you have the opportunity and God is not leading you to stay in Nigeria, you can japa o.

But God showed me that Nigeria will regain her balance later. I am very certain of this, and those that held it's pillars in the trying times will give direction and earn authority in the stable season.

God never lied to me
. It will take a lot of strenght and clarity to stay now, so go, if you don't understand the mysteries of the spirit.

Lolzzzzz ๐Ÿคฃ

Has God ever lied to anyone

By their fruits you shall dem
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2023
Difrent:

No
I mean like 20% of the population
And living in places like ketu alapere in Lagos
Or
Ososami in Ibadan.
Note : I never said electricity was enough....its not enough yet but not as bad as you paint it
Lol.... 20 percent is Utopian compared to the reality. They are one transformer spark away from months long darkness..

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Difrent: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2023
ceejayluv:

Lol.... 20 percent is Utopian compared to the reality. They are one transformer spark away from months long darkness..

Funny kids everywhere.

You will argue if I tell you there are places that has electricity 247 at least 360 days a year (leaving 5days margin of error)

Nigeria generates enough power for Homes.... What it lacks is distribution capacity and power for industrial capacity.

The problem with most Nigerians is they don't take time to make their research and rely on political analysts who analyse based on their bias

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Aquila99: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.

No one attacks anyone that makes a Post about Japa. But see as insults dey fly around because he adviced against japa.. u all dat think life only moves wen u go dia r just despicable.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Jayhome24: 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lifeinlight:
lol

You finally brought in politics into this. I definitely know you and your likes must be one of those miscreants that asslick their oppressor, claiming to be patriotic.

Stockholm syndrome

Very interesting!!!
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by godwon01(m): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
The reasons adduced above is applicable to the latest japa people. For we first migrants , it is not applicable to us. Generally speaking , japa is by the grace and mercy. Living in Nigeria is by the grace and mercy also. Some of us that belongs to first generation of migrants , we don't joke with our root Nigeria. Half of our dividends of traveling is in Nigeria. I strongly suggest for people to japa, you will not regret it. More so , traveling is part of education. It is a life experience that you will continue to remember for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
Difrent:

Funny kids everywhere.

You will argue if I tell you there are places that has electricity 247 at least 360 days a year (leaving 5days margin of error)

Nigeria generates enough power for Homes.... What it lacks is distribution capacity and power for industrial capacity.

The problem with most Nigerians is they don't take time to make their research and rely on political analysts who analyse based on their bias
Dude, Nigeria's power generation at the moment is likened to powering a mansion with i-pass-my neighbour Gen. A few rooms Will get powered leaving the rest rationing. Let's not excuse mediocrity.
Where My parents live in Owerri is close to a Substation, the neighborhood stepped down a 33kv feeder line supplying orlu, so they get much More power supply than the rest of the city. those are exceptional cases.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Difrent: 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2023
ceejayluv:

Let's not excuse mediocrity.

Did I?
I only provided factual information
Make use of it however you want
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Chaiiii that part 2 got me sha

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by planetx: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

What class of visa did they relocate with?

That person you quoted has lived his life all in the US. Never take such miscreants to be serious people. I am willing to bet he trafficked drugs and got deported.
Dummy keep chasing me around on NL, of course I have lived in the US BEFORE, so am talking from experience. So stop doing like you have some breaking news.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
abidot:
6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.[b][/b]

Isn't there tribalism in Nigeria?
So what's the difference?

Truth be told tribalism is not a problem in Nigeria. Only one tribe experiences tribalism in Nigeria and it can be prevented. You think the edo or ijaw or Hausa or Fulani or Yoruba man experiences tribalism ? No they donโ€™t. Itโ€™s only the Igbo tribe that experiences tribalism. And thatโ€™s because they have refused to accept the fuckup of their ancestors and live with it. Their constant agitation against the effects of their own fuckup is why they experience tribalism

So what is the fuckup ? The Igbo man was ruling and in control of the country for many years after colonization but the fact that other regions still had regional powers was angering them because they wanted the ultimate power over everybody. So azikiwe and ironsi through their 419 magomago eventually abolished regional powers so Igbo would have ultimate power. They killed all the regional leaders of the other regions. Then they shutdown cessation clause to come out of Nigeria if you donโ€™t like the union. And unfortunately for them Hausa snatched power but now itโ€™s central power and no cessation and Igbo is minority tribe so they can never win an election in Nigeria again because nobody wants to align with them after their magomago of killing regional leaders and eliminating regional power and cessation clause. So automatically Igbo is relegated to third class citizen due to nothing but their own action. Instead of just accepting the fuckup and existing like every minor tribe with no hope for power they will be agitating and making noise. This is the only cause of the tribalism against igbo. Nobody else experiences tribalism. But if igbo just relax and accept their position the tribalism will disappear tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by LivingSage: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
Well said. You nailed all the points

I love the thread.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by captaininiobong(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
When someone told me his relative does cleaning job to survive in the UK, men I was shocked even the scholarship I was looking for to go study data science abroad I dint borthered again
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Anonimoux: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
Trash
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Timigeofrey(m): 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
Higher percent of PPL that Japa got better sha
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Kabaa123: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Confusion everywhere. Do I go or do I stay

I swear thatโ€™s my predicament now

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
Nonsense talk ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Who never japa ny go agree with the nonsense

Make I keep my opinion to my self cause it of no use ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

Me when no even go school sef de get am big here and I never even de reach 1year ๐Ÿ˜‚

My brothers and sisters
If you get the opportunity to japa please no think am twice. Japa oh and remove your self from poverty

The aim of japa is to better yourself and bring the rest home to invest. Which work you fit do for naija wen you go fit save at least 700-800k on a monthly basis

Na Watin brother Felix talk that year but now go see brother Felix. Heโ€™s old and unuseful. His children don de continue the poverty from where em go stop

Make ona de play ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by steeltrust: 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
captaininiobong:
When someone told me his relative does cleaning job to survive in the UK, men I was shocked even the scholarship I was looking for to go study data science abroad I dint borthered again
I sorry for you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Available9: 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2023
UnfairLife7:
wetin be naija unemployment statistics compare to US and Canada?

wetin be naija level of poverty compare to these countries?

some of una no just get xense

What does other people's poverty got to do with you ?

You left your bank manager job to UK to become a window cleaner... what does the future hold for you as a 43 years old man working as a window cleaner in your Almighty UK ? Do you think in 15 years time, you can measure up to your Nigerian colleagues who retired successfully as a banker ?

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cyberguy72(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
Basicend:
If you have the opportunity and God is not leading you to stay in Nigeria, you can japa o.

But God showed me that Nigeria will regain her balance later. I am very certain of this, and those that held it's pillars in the trying times will give direction and earn authority in the stable season. Japa and go and be working in factories 23hrs in a day.At the end of the day all ur salary goes to taxes

God never lied to me. It will take a lot of strenght and clarity to stay now, so go, if you don't understand the mysteries of the spirit.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Omobalo67: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2023
captaininiobong:

LWKD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Omobalo67: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2023
steeltrust:
Nonsense talk ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Who never japa ny go agree with the nonsense

Make I keep my opinion to my self cause it of no use ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

Me when no even go school sef de get am big here and I never even de reach 1year ๐Ÿ˜‚

My brothers and sisters
If you get the opportunity to japa please no think am twice. Japa oh and remove your self from poverty

The aim of japa is to better yourself and bring the rest home to invest. Which work you fit do for naija wen you go fit save at least 700-800k on a monthly basis

Na Watin brother Felix talk that year but now go see brother Felix. Heโ€™s old and unuseful. His children don de continue the poverty from where em go stop

Make ona de play ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

You get BAD mouth
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by fastseo: 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Do you know what is called insecurity vs security?

Like can you just wake up in the night and walk randomly without fear of being attacked?
Can you just travel on a lonely part without fear of harm?
Can you travel 10 hours at night to south or north Nigeria without fear of militant or armed men?

All this are possible in white man's land.

You can't hear that they killed anyone. If it happens it's an emergency. And police will be out once.

Infact since am hear I have not seen or heard about insecurity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10m-Long Python Runover By Car Rescued In Indonesia (Photos, Video) / Accident Kills Many In Awomamma, Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Spanish Coastguard Rescues Three Nigerians Under Ship From Lagos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.