Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria (44627 Views)

11 Reasons Why You Must Japa From Nigeria / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by MSN1(m): 5:52am On Dec 26, 2023
Princewill1:
This is a rebuttal of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7936687/11-reasons-why-must-japa#:~:text=11.,life%20expectancy%20is%20very%20high.

DISCLAIMER:
There is a notion that once you present an anti-japa argument, you're automatically an agent working for the govt. I want to state here that I have never supported this Apc govt since their coming to power in 2015. My contrary opinion on japa stems from my detest of youths mass-migration for economic reasons. I see it as an act of cowardice and stupidity.

This is not just for Nigerians japaing alone. I'm also disgusted whenever I see pictures of thousands of able bodied Latino youths who are at the US-Mexico border begging to be allowed entry into the US. These youths coming to together to mass-migrate can also link-up to take back their country via any possible means. Because if their home countries were better, they won't be moving out enmass. One of the reasons why the citizens of the country you're japaing to often discriminate against you is because you have proven to be a weakling seeking an easy excape or an inferior who are incapable of fixing their problems.
The only mass-migration i support is if it's due to serious natural disaster or large scale political persecution like that of Israel-Palestinian conflict. Below are the 11 reasons why you shouldn't Japa from Nigeria.

1.) It's More Easier To Be A Dollar Millionaire/Billionaire In Nigeria:

There are millions of Nigerians in the diaspora who are supposedly living in the first world economy and are working in various fields of human endeavor. But it may interest you to know that non have ever made it into Forbes billionaires list. But those at home keep making the list back to back.
This is important to point out because wealth building is a crucial topic to every real man and majority of Nigerian men moving are doing so mainly due to financial reasons.
Truth is, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and a developing economy. There are plenty of wealth to be created in a "developing economy" than in a "develop economy", that's why as you are trooping out, Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are trooping in. Nigerians are raising $20k-30k in this economy to Japa while average Americans can't boast of $10k in their bank accounts, they live check to check.

2.) African Communal Living:

Nigeria offers the African social support system that you won't find in the Western countries. You fit run into financial emergency, your family will gather to raise funds for you, if you child misbehaves outside elders go assist you to discipline the child before you return home, if your house is on fire the whole neighborhood will join hands in puting out the fire, if you're cooking late night and ran out of maggi, if you knock on your neighbor door, him go deliver you, if your co-tenant never see you for 2 to 3 days, he go knock for your door to check up on you. All these don't happen in your Japa destination. In the West, you fit dey sick and later kpai inside your room and stay there for over a month nobody go know until your body begins to the smell.

3.) There Is More Insecurity Abroad:

You are 7times more likely to be shot in any city in America than in Lagos. Almost every Western country has violent "Far-Right Groups" who are frustrated and bitter with their Govts for allowing influx of migrants to erode their society and culture. These groups are like a time bomb waiting to go off because they can easily turn violent by attacking migrants especially black people. The big truth is, insecurity especially in southern Nigeria is over-reported and amplified on social media. There are violent crimes in every country. The crime news you read on social media especially in South of the country is commiserate with our population. No one can pull out any data anywhere to show that crime rate in the South has reached an epidemic proportions as believed on social media. In fact if you ban social media for 1year in Nigeria and conduct an opinion poll on insecurity. You will be surprised that Nigerians will tell you that insecurity has reduced. Just recently, a govt minister was robbed on the highway in South Africa. If that were to happens in Nigeria, Japa will be trending in Nigeria for more than a week. Most Nigerians haven't seen a bokoharam militant before but bokoharam will attack a village in Borno State close to the border with Chad, someone living in Lekki will read the news online and tweet that he wants to Japa due to insecurity.

4.) Easy Access To Natural Foods:

Nigeria has abundant healthy cheap natural foods and it's even taken for granted here. The people in the abroad you wants to go are jealous of your menu. Unhealthy and disease-causing canned and processed foods are what you will end up to when you finally japa because you will pay through your nose to place your hands on any organic food there.

5.) Favourable Weather Condition Throughout The Year:

Nigeria has one of the best climate conditions you can find. We have no extreme weather here. No severe temperature, Tornado or Harricane. Weather conditions in your Japa destination can cause sudden emergency situations. It can sometimes cause a whole city to be evacuated.

6.) No Racism:

Truth remains that after you Japa, you and your family will at one point experience both subtle and harsh discrimination based on your skin color or accent and you will never integrate into the Western society not even in a million years. Black Americans that japaed 400yrs ahead of you are yet to be fully integrated and accepted, I don't know who is motivating you that you will be accepted fully or that your own case will be different.

7.) Nigeria Better On Raising Cultured Kids:

If as a Nigerian, you are cautious of how your kids will be raised, you better stay back home, because in the West, your kids doesn't belong to you. They belongs to the government and authorities there are free to teach and instill any idealogy they deem necessary. So don't be shocked if your 7yrs old son are taught how to switch gender or pronoun at school and given free lgtv literature with erotic images.

8.) Nigeria Better On Entertainment And Fun Activities:

You can fall into depression abroad due to loneliness and stress from doing multiple jobs but not in Nigeria. With little money in Nigeria, you can go partying and balling till dawn day in day out. You fit die onto enjoyment.

9.) No Weird Or Crazy New Culture:

Abroad will humble a deeply religious person who is against homosexuality to work as a caregiver for gay couples. You will be forced to embrace trans and gay people, feminism and made to reject polygamy. I doubt if men have rights in the West. You risk losing everything to a woman, this don't only apply to your wife. Even your long-term girlfriend who you are cohabiting with, can be given a share of assets after a breakup by the court. If a random woman accuses you of rape, the system will already treat you as a convict. I recently observed that premier league captain band is now decorated with pride colors (lgtv flag) to support the community. And you know what awaits any player that openly criticizes it or refuses to wear the band. He risk getting cancelled and he should kiss his footballing career a goodbye. They will use his punishment as deterrent to others. All these new crazy woke policies and behaviors are not practiced in Nigeria.

10.) Cost Of Living Is Cheaper:

Thousands of Americans and EU citizens are retiring like kings in South East Asia and South America ie Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Chile etc. You can look it up. Not that they don't love their home countries but because they are excaping the high cost of living in the West. Accommodation, transportation, education, local foods etc are still cheaper in Nigeria. The amount you will paid on a match-box apartment in London or New York can fetch you a year rent of 2bedrooms flat in a good location in any major Nigerian city.

11.) No Rat Race Or Extreme Taxation In Nigeria:

You will labour abroad for a month and the rigged system will use "high taxation, high cost of living and the scam credit system" to return everything back to the system in order for you to repeat the circle again. In a bid not to go homeless on the cold streets, and also to put food on your table, you have no other option than to keep repeating the circle until the time you will finish your term of slavery due to old age, then your children will start where you stopped and the circle continues.
Truth is, the entire world is controlled by the globalists in the West, the further away you're from the West and it's entanglements the freer you will become. If the 1% elite in the West removes the rigging in the system you will be able to secure enough bags and retire early. But they stands to lose if people starts excaping the system early, they need your manpower for longer period of time to maintain their industries and establishments. This explains why the more income you earn there, the more rediculous taxes you pays because the system is continously gauging you and the tax system (one of it's tools of control) is strictly and heavily guided, defaulters risks jail term. The system was programmed in a way that you will never get enough in order not for you to start thinking of excaping the slave camp early until you finish your term of slavery.
This is one of reasons why rich and exposed Nigerians don't fancy living abroad. Even most African ex-footballers returns home immediately after the end of their career in Europe. An average Nigerian coming from lack, hunger and extreme poverty and who is daydreaming of Japa won't be able to see this anomaly. Living in Nigeria will provide you the opportunity to excape Matrix.
If u fail to mention the fact that;
Nigeria politicians have condemn the past, present and future of the country and it is wiser to secure your life and posterity is saner climes, then u have said NOTHING!.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Cromagnon: 6:05am On Dec 26, 2023
Lifeinlight:
you just dey write rubbish. Laziness kill you there

There's no country in the world that you won't find Nigerian.
so in your tiny brain
Presence equals hard work

Your useless leaders that you asslick will soon come for you someday no worry
Leader of what exactly
Are you a gay. Which wan be lick as again
Come for me say wetin
When your stupid tribesman destroyed Nigeria you think say una go dey Dia forever abi.
You never see shishi
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Karleb(m): 6:06am On Dec 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Keep spreading fake news about the US on the Internet, bloody ret@rd!

That question is their kryptonite.

"oh!. My mtn sub finished in a minute"

But they will go combat mode if you ask them the plan they did.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by BeeNG3: 6:34am On Dec 26, 2023
E
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2023
so you’re a tribal bigot?
sukkot:

Truth be told tribalism is not a problem in Nigeria. Only one tribe experiences tribalism in Nigeria and it can be prevented. You think the edo or ijaw or Hausa or Fulani or Yoruba man experiences tribalism ? No they don’t. It’s only the Igbo tribe that experiences tribalism. And that’s because they have refused to accept the fuckup of their ancestors and live with it. Their constant agitation against the effects of their own fuckup is why they experience tribalism

So what is the fuckup ? The Igbo man was ruling and in control of the country for many years after colonization but the fact that other regions still had regional powers was angering them because they wanted the ultimate power over everybody. So azikiwe and ironsi through their 419 magomago eventually abolished regional powers so Igbo would have ultimate power. They killed all the regional leaders of the other regions. Then they shutdown cessation clause to come out of Nigeria if you don’t like the union. And unfortunately for them Hausa snatched power but now it’s central power and no cessation and Igbo is minority tribe so they can never win an election in Nigeria again because nobody wants to align with them after their magomago of killing regional leaders and eliminating regional power and cessation clause. So automatically Igbo is relegated to third class citizen due to nothing but their own action. Instead of just accepting the fuckup and existing like every minor tribe with no hope for power they will be agitating and making noise. This is the only cause of the tribalism against igbo. Nobody else experiences tribalism. But if igbo just relax and accept their position the tribalism will disappear tomorrow
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by kazyhm(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is not entirely true. Even elite Chinese and Indians migrate to the west. Exchange rate is not the only incentive. I am sure you have never lived abroad.

Only people who failed at economics do the bold.

That is your uncle's fault. I am sure he migrated on a visit visa rather than via education of American Lottery or standard work visa. Nigerians in the US on standard visas are doing extremely well. You can use his condition to console yourself though, if it makes you happy.

People migrants to the west for different reasons.......Chinese are migrating everywhere...... Chinese government is strategically staking their resources in every potential economy in the world

Indians issue are a different kettle of fish.....

Citizens you can compare to Nigeria in terms of migration to the west outside Africa are mexicans, Lebanese, Jamaicans and Brazilians........

I have visited your so called abroad many times but not planning to relocate because I'm not convinced that it is not a rat race..

All the difference you think other countries have is in your head........talk with an average Americans or Canadians and get a whole bunches of what their government is doing wrongly including the immigration policies.......

Come to think of it.......how can a branch manager of a bank resigned and relocate to the UK to work as a cleaner in a restaurant ?
Even my room mate in the university, worked with Zain mobile resigned, used all his savings to relocate to the UK to work as a security in a mall ?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2023
Do you know anyone else with N100 Million property selling for discount?
Asking for a friend
Jayhome24:
They are never going to listen. Can I tell you the truth? Devil and his hosts haven't finished their mission by creating Japa syndrome to destroys lives, break homes, destroyed finances, set people who have survived hustling back to square one, frustration and failure untill the mission completed by the Lucifer give them 100 reason not to Japa they won't listen.

A property worth over N100m was sold to a friend for N30m just a months ago even my friend was telling the family this house is worth than this pls don't sell this property the wife refused to yield and the house was gone and they are in Canada since then with no place to sleep with 2 kids is that not a curse?

Pls don't advise them let them Japa dem eyes go clear when they reach their Japa destination, dem no dey telli pesin....in Timaya voice.

I will never stop anyone not to Japa infact sell your life to Japa good for you.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2023
slydog:

You failed to identify health care. You are one sickness away from death in our comatose health sector.

Few moments ago, I witnessed someone collapsed on the street and 911 was called while on the phone they were telling the caller how to position his body and do CPR while doing cpr fire service came with their medical team and began resuscitation, less than 5 mins later emergency medical service came in. It was my first time witnessing such, what I did was to count the number of paramedics on ground for one person. I counted 7. They had mini versions of a number of medical equipment I don't know which they used to resuscitate him, while they were prepping to put him into the ambulance police arrived to ask some questions.

This was just someone walking on the street. If this happens in Nigeria, that fellow is gone, not only do we have no one to call for emergency medical services, but the fact that all fellow Nigerians will do is to gather round, block fresh air, shout eyah, video you in your dying moments and maybe pray that God accepts you into paradise.

Here, I see people moving and driving with mobile oxygen with hose connected to their noses and still functioning. I've met someone walking with colostrum bags and functioning well, and smoking his crystal meth. The fact that he cant pass shit normally wont even kill him, rather its OD from his crystal meth that'(( kill him. Meanwhile, my mother inlaw almost died of intestinal obstruction.

The fact that life is valued and precious here supercedes all these facts which if I even want to tackle, I'll tackle all.
Your money will not save you when medical emergencies happen and you're told there's either no doc available, or no equipment/outdated equipment, or no power.
Talking about easy to become millionaire, I met a Nigerian real estate Millionaire here in Canada. There are others. Truth is in these societies, you really don't have to be a Millionaire to enjoy the good things of life. I arrived Canada last year, I'm not a Millionaire but I already have carribean boat cruise and vacation to Cacun next year. Racism? Forget that, we have our version in Nigeria in different dimensions.
If you want to stay back in Nigeria, by all means, if you have the means to japa, do it the right way. I even feel coming in as a student is a waste of money, though I realize that's the only option for some, just ensure whichever process you use is legit.
are you not ashamed as a black man ...always consuming and not creating

Can't you build your own society ?
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:07am On Dec 26, 2023
that person earning 700k at home doesn’t have bills? What kind of mathematics is this ?
Available9:

What's your definition of make it...?

Gone are those days when people travel abroad and in no time, they will start sending money and building houses...

Living in a society where you have all the basic amenities, but about 75% of your money go for bills...when comparing, compare the 25% with what people earn in Nigeria...in business, it is called take home...

Someone who earns 3000 dollars every month abroad and pays bills of 75% is equal to someone who earns N700, 000 in Nigeria... because if that person removes the 75%, he will be left with $700 as take home.

Before you argue with me, rent in abroad is paid on monthly basis and it can be between $1200 to $2000 for most of our Japa brethren
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2023
cococandy:
so you’re a tribal bigot?
absolutely not. Have I ever sounded like one ? I am saying the issue of tribalism is overstated and it only affects igbo people and this is due to the constant agitation coming from the SE. I also offered a solution that the tribalism against igbo would stop tomorrow if they stopped the agitation and just relaxed. The point being people using tribalism as a japa issue are not being truthful. What we face in Nigeria is nepotism and classism not tribalism and we all deal with that
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2023
sukkot:

Truth be told tribalism is not a problem in Nigeria. Only one tribe experiences tribalism in Nigeria and it can be prevented. You think the edo or ijaw or Hausa or Fulani or Yoruba man experiences tribalism ? No they don’t. It’s only the Igbo tribe that experiences tribalism. And that’s because they have refused to accept the fuckup of their ancestors and live with it. Their constant agitation against the effects of their own fuckup is why they experience tribalism

So what is the fuckup ? The Igbo man was ruling and in control of the country for many years after colonization but the fact that other regions still had regional powers was angering them because they wanted the ultimate power over everybody. So azikiwe and ironsi through their 419 magomago eventually abolished regional powers so Igbo would have ultimate power. They killed all the regional leaders of the other regions. Then they shutdown cessation clause to come out of Nigeria if you don’t like the union. And unfortunately for them Hausa snatched power but now it’s central power and no cessation and Igbo is minority tribe so they can never win an election in Nigeria again because nobody wants to align with them after their magomago of killing regional leaders and eliminating regional power and cessation clause. So automatically Igbo is relegated to third class citizen due to nothing but their own action. Instead of just accepting the fuckup and existing like every minor tribe with no hope for power they will be agitating and making noise. This is the only cause of the tribalism against igbo. Nobody else experiences tribalism. But if igbo just relax and accept their position the tribalism will disappear tomorrow

Igbo is relegated to third class citizen but the have the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria

All these Yoruba people seff.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2023
sukkot:
absolutely not. Have I ever sounded like one ? I am saying the issue of tribalism is overstated and it only affects igbo people and this is due to the constant agitation coming from the SE. I also offered a solution that the tribalism against igbo would stop tomorrow if they stopped the agitation and just relaxed. The point being people using tribalism as a japa issue are not being truthful.

1)You can’t say something is overstated if you are not the one experiencing it.

2)And you’re wrong . Both about who experiences tribalism in Nigeria and the cause of it.

3)And your solution is a non-solution. We shouldn’t have to be okay with mistreatment regardless of what you believe the former generation did or didn’t do.

4)Do You really think we are a minority that can’t win in a free and fair election? I have news for you.

This nairaland sef. One day you’re vibing with someone the next day you find out they are okay with some type of oppression or bigotry that you couldn’t have imagined. Guess I should learn to manage my expectations. Oh well.

Sha I hope you had a good Christmas. (If that’s something you celebrate).

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2023
ariesbull:

Igbo is relegated to third class citizen but the have the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria

All these Yoruba people seff.
third class politically. I am not speaking about the igbo man on the streets. Igbo politicians

Cococandy
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 8:19am On Dec 26, 2023
sukkot:
third class politically. I am not speaking about the igbo man on the streets. Igbo politicians

Cococandy

What’s the difference?

When an igbo person pulls themselves up to the political class to run for office, you’re going to tell us we are third class and should be okay with others governing us in perpetuity.

There’s no difference because the political class comes from the general population

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by ariesbull: 8:31am On Dec 26, 2023
sukkot:

Cococandy
even third class politically ..what have your people gained with being first class politically.. the two most poorest groups in Nigeria are Hausa in the North ans Yoruna in the Southern Nigeria...yet one Yoruba man is the president but his people in Osun ,Ekiti are languishing in poverty and illiteracy looting buses and lorries

What have you gained with the so called first class ....even the phone you are using was brought by an Igbo man ,ur pants was brought by an Igbo man ... You will enter motor and the car parts was brought by an Igbo man

Your life revolve around Igbo ...their imprints are there ...so what have you achieved with your so first first class

Empty vessels making noises ...look at Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo very backward states ...their villages are 12th century dwelling every idiot there will claim Lagos cos their various states are so backward

You open your mouth to say first class....that is backwards and poor
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by madone: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2023
Difrent:

If you stay in your lane you are safe
But if you misbehave.. nairaland is better off without your likes
angry you are getting close. as I said bf I know your type.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by luvyaself95(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2023
In as much you have valid reasons is the same reason i have good reasons to japa when it time.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2023
cococandy:

1)You can’t say something is overstated if you are not the one experiencing it.

2)And you’re wrong . Both about who experiences tribalism in Nigeria and the cause of it.

3)And your solution is a non-solution. We shouldn’t have to be okay with mistreatment regardless of what you believe the former generation did or didn’t do.

4)Do You really think we are a minority that can’t win in a free and fair election? I have news for you.

This nairaland sef. One day you’re vibing with someone the next day you find out they are okay with some type of oppression or bigotry that you couldn’t have imagined. Guess I should learn to manage my expectations. Oh well.

Sha I hope you had a good Christmas. (If that’s something you celebrate).
1- I mean overstated for the whole populace and it is. I have personally Never experienced it. However we all face nepotism and classism

And nobody has to be okay with mistreatment but the truth is everybody is being mistreated not just igbos. What is happening to igbo political class is totally separate from what is happening To the igbo man in the streets. You people confuse political issues wit’s personal issues. The political Class have their own thing going on and then we in the street have our own thing. If the political class is maligning igbo politicians that’s got nothing to do with people on the streets. Thesee politicians all eat and play together despite their differences. It’s the igbo man on the street that is carrying headache for issues between big men and tthis is rather unfortunate becausee they are alienating tthemselves from the Nigerian brotherhood and sisterhood in the process and causing trribalism to themselves which is rather unfortunate because these politicians including the igbo ones are all friends which is why my solution is that the igbo man on the streets should justt relax and shun politics and ttryy to re-engage with his brothers from other tribes. Shun the political class. Stop agitating and fighting for them all the time. Almost no other tribe fights for their political class except igbos. These politicians don’t care about you. Relax and enjoy yourself. Thats my solution and I think it’s a perfect solution and compliments of the season to you. Merry Christmas. Greetings to your beautiful daughter. I am sure she is grown now hehe
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by Love800(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Does 13 or 14 dont give enof light?
ceejayluv:

Dude, Nigeria's power generation at the moment is likened to powering a mansion with i-pass-my neighbour Gen. A few rooms Will get powered leaving the rest rationing. Let's not excuse mediocrity.
Where My parents live in Owerri is close to a Substation, the neighborhood stepped down a 33kv feeder line supplying orlu, so they get much More power supply than the rest of the city. those are exceptional cases.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2023
ariesbull:
even third class politically ..what have your people gained with being first class politically.. the two most poorest groups in Nigeria are Hausa in the North ans Yoruna in the Southern Nigeria...yet one Yoruba man is the president but his people in Osun ,Ekiti are languishing in poverty and illiteracy looting buses and lorries

What have you gained with the so called first class ....even the phone you are using was brought by an Igbo man ,ur pants was brought by an Igbo man ... You will enter motor and the car parts was brought by an Igbo man

Your life revolve around Igbo ...their imprints are there ...so what have you achieved with your so first first class

Empty vessels making noises ...look at Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo very backward states ...their villages are 12th century dwelling every idiot there will claim Lagos cos their various states are so backward

You open your mouth to say first class....that is backwards and poor
brother your fight is not with me. Your fight is with the political class. I am not a politician and I don’t vote. Compliments of the season to you
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2023
cococandy:

What’s the difference?

When an igbo person pulls themselves up to the political class to run for office, you’re going to tell us we are third class and should be okay with others governing us in perpetuity.

There’s no difference because the political class comes from the general population
all I am saying is that that is the heir achy in the political space created by these politicians as a default but it doesn’t mean a charismatic person from any small tribes can’t rise up to be president if he or she is loved by the people. Look at GEJ ? And I am almost certain Soludo of Anambra state is a future Nigerian President. So anybody can be president.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by cococandy(f): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2023
sukkot:

1- I mean overstated for the whole populace and it is. I have personally Never experienced it. However we all face nepotism and classism

And nobody has to be okay with mistreatment but the truth is everybody is being mistreated not just igbos. What is happening to igbo political class is totally separate from what is happening To the igbo man in the streets. You people confuse political issues wit’s personal issues. The political Class have their own thing going on and then we in the street have our own thing. If the political class is maligning igbo politicians that’s got nothing to do with people on the streets. Thesee politicians all eat and play together despite their differences. It’s the igbo man on the street that is carrying headache for issues between big men and tthis is rather unfortunate becausee they are alienating themselves from the Nigerian brotherhood and sisterhood in the process and causing trribalism to themselves which is rather unfortunate because these politicians including the igbo ones are all friends which is why my solution is that the igbo man on the streets should justt relax and shun politics and ttryy to re-engage with his brothers from other tribes Shun the political class. Stop agitating and fighting for them all the time. Almost no other tribe fights for their political class except igbos . These politicians don’t care about you. Relax and enjoy yourself. Thats my solution and I think it’s a perfect solution and compliments of the season to you. Merry Christmas. Greetings to your beautiful daughter. I am sure she is grown now hehe

This is false.
There are people from other tribes on here who are constantly up in arms in support of politicians from their own tribes. You can’t sincerely say only Igbo people do that .

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by YourBestWriter: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2023
foolishness no go ever leave this one sha
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by YourBestWriter: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2023
Lukepeter:

Majority would make it without luck (wetin Christian dey call Grace) and without waiting for someone to connect them to a Job like in Nigeria through nepotism, corruption and other illegality.

It's more of a 80/20 thing.

I thought I'm the only one that reasons like this, but finally, there is someone that is as smart as I am to be this reasonable.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by YourBestWriter: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2023
jaksmillioniar:
I sha know dat my children will be citizen one day if is to sell all my property cos d fact is u cant compare.wat we lack as black d white got a lot.i know wat am saying. My friend dat japa in June is enjoying him self snapping pix. His now a citizens

today I'm suffering but I'm happy because I know my suffering is for my future children to never know the road to Nigeria. bukayo Saks is even trying because he comes around this shithole sometimes, but my children no go even know say them be Nigerians. disgraceful country

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by sukkot: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2023
cococandy:

This is false.
There are people from other tribes on here who are constantly up in arms in support of politicians from their own tribes. You can’t sincerely say only Igbo people do that .
oh they only do it online. Igbo take it to the streets 🤣🤣
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
santaclaws:
Not a bad idea to have a contrary opinion on Japa, but your claim that Nigerians youths moving to other countries is an act of cowardice is definitely an unreasonable statement.

You didn't take into account that so many people have been struggling in this country even before the economic issues. A lot don't have jobs in Nigeria despite being graduates and most employed people are underpaid.

If the youths aren't cowards, they should stay over and allow visionless politicians, poverty and hyperinflation ruin their lives? Or betterstill, they should take up arms and challenge the government so that they can die for nothing... 😒

When gaslighters and propagandists talk,, you go know.
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by slydog(m): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2023
BigBashiru:

You just arrived in canada...in 7 yrs or less when you realize how grossly anti-social Canada is you will be back in Nigeria....

Are you implying I should come back to Nigeria because Canada is antisocial? Imagine that, lol.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by chibizz007: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
At least serious people still make it through online business within 7 days in nigeria.want to know how?
Chat me via Whatsapp:08060696905
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by vacanci: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Go and sit down oga. if your country good Nigerians won't be leaving. allow people to japa in peace abeg

you can never compare naija to US or Canada. 98% of Nigerians are willing to japa if they have the opportunity.

your prayer points in Nigeria is their reality over there

yeah, i will go and sit down but one of them just returned from Poland and said he is not going back again. The grass is greener on the other side from one's perspective. this is why when you watch football, every move loooks easy to the complaining fans. Go and wash old mama nyansh for canada then u will understand.

Let's go back to the topic and i will want you to mention one Japa Nigerian that is richer than the top 100 richest people in Nigeria who never Japa, then we can talk, else stfu
Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2023
vacanci:

yeah, i will go and sit down but one of them just returned from Poland and said he is not going back again. The grass is greener on the other side from one's perspective. this is why when you watch football, every move loooks easy to the complaining fans. Go and wash old mama nyansh for canada then u will understand.

Let's go back to the topic and i will want you to mention one Japa Nigerian that is richer than the top 100 richest people in Nigeria who never Japa, then we can talk, else stfu
it is better to wash oyinbo yansh and earn in dollars and pounds, sends money home to your family and establish businesses than being jobless in Nigeria or at most being underemployed earning meagre 30k minimum wage

The last time i checked Nigeria top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world. An average Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily while their corrupt leaders stacked up their various bank account with trillions of naira if not dollars and properties across the globe. an average Nigerians cannot afford to buy a bag of rice that was previously 8k during Jonathan government but now around 70k during your emilokan government. an average Nigerians celebrated Christmas on empty stomach. an average Nigerians don't have access to quality healthcare and education.

FYI, Nigerians traveling abroad aren't going there to compete with the top 100 richest people in Nigeria. They left Nigeria to better their lives and loved ones, live a descent life and be able to afford just anything without thinking twice. they relocated to fulfill their dreams as naija is a dream Killer. they give birth to citizens in those sane countries to secure the future of their children and unborn children. at least most Nigerian in diaspora if not all are better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria that could barely afford descent meal daily. they're far better than 95% of Nigerians living in Nigeria. their $1 or £1 will feed some family in Nigeria

Nigerians in Diaspora are far better than Nigerians living in Nigeria that could barely afford 3 square meal daily

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria by UnfairLife7(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
Cromagnon:

There is difference between hard working and just doing hard work
Also the hardest work is thinking,why so few do it.
Does it look like Nigerians abroad are thinking to solve problem in Nigeria or just for themselves?
Is that how other nationals work hard at building their country or japaIng?
If they ran away where would Nigeria see to run to
you're here making comments on Seun platform. I'm very sure you're older than Seun. when would you think of creating your own platform and make it grow like Seun?

don't be like your corrupt politicians that are known for talking without doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / Truck Filled With Bottles Crashes At Iyana-Ipaja In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.