Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? (15845 Views)

Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? / UBA Announces Availability Of New Naira Notes At Atms / Procedure For Checking Availability Code For CAC Company Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by zionstaar75: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
In lagos there is no cash scarcity......POS are even fighting for customers
in ilorin there is no cash scarcity
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Realdeals(m): 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Any opportunity I had to enter a bank, I must collect cash. Today, max of 20k was allowed over the counter at StanbicIBTC ọgbà.
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by sammirano: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Imagine GTB staffs excitement when I brought cash to them today.

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by OVikkytan49: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
It's now #150 on minimum charges.
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Mcslize: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Kaido:
Nothing like that in the North here.

Weti concern North with Nigeria? You guys are enjoying na. Una no get issue.

Anything that is worrying Nigerians doesn't touch you guys as the first citizen wey una be.

Nigeria would have been better of if every part live alone.

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by livinbygrace: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
kerry57:
Expected. We are cefa in badagary border here. So nothing concern us with naira scarcity. If I tire I go go Ghana go spend cedis next week. I feel like going on holiday in one of those Ghanian reserves.

You are very correct jare,ordinary Benin Republic better pass that nonsense country.They are just making things difficult for the masses.
What then is the usefulness of banks ?nO CASH,NO LIGHT ,NO ROADS ,No money infact nothing is working in that useless country.
Abeg Nigeria matter tire me.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by greggng: 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
GoWithGood:
Seems what Nigerians went through during election period was not enough, that is why cash scarcity is emerging again.

Two people I know that went to bank this morning to withdraw money returned without a penny. One narrated how he even trekked back as he was with no means to pay transport fare.

ATMs are not dispensing

POS operators now charge N400 to withdraw N5000

The question is, where the POS operators getting the cash from?

Why is the country always positioned herself to suffer the citizens?

From which angle is this cash scarcity re-emerging?

Why are Nigerians made to suffer unnecessarily?

I'm reporting live from Calabar, Cross River State.

How is the situation in your area? Any cash scarcity in your area?

Emefele has been vindicated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by RepoMan007: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
GoWithGood:

if you transport to a bank to deposit cash, will they pay you for it? No. So sell to POS in your area and bypass their COT plus you (get to) make profit.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Brushstrokes20: 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
Reporting from lagos..
I withdrew 20k with #600 about an hour ago
# back to square one
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire! 🔥
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by jubrilELsudan: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beuberry:
Terrible. I m tempted to do runs.
This regime breeds hunger!
Help o!

HOW MUCH SHORT-TIME

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godswillu:
In my Area POS agent always have cash
but ATM is out of cash most of the time
POS operators spend up to 6 or even 8 hours in a day looking for cash, going from one ATM to another.

They even have to bribe bank security to get cash.

Nigeria is programmed to cheat citizens and even citizens have become cheats themselves.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by jubrilELsudan: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
AS E BE SO FOR MY AREA....BOYZ DON BURN 2 BANKS OOOO

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Goodnewsforlife: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
Antoeni:
Even Baba Agbado's Real Mother In.Osun in Iragbeji Village Has Been Pleading With His Son To Be, Wise Sensible, Reasonable & Responsible
But He Refused
igbos are very easy to sight

2 Likes

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by naturefellow(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
post=127560296:

Just imagine,
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

When we say we are our own problem they start grumbling.....

Okay listen to these examples:

1. You sell chicken and add over 40% profit ,you are happy forgetting that the person that bought the chicken sells tomatoes and pepper.

2. the tomatoes and pepper seller has to recover the excess she paid for the chicken, so she adds her own 42% profit margin.

3. Teacher will come and buy these 2 items with what? She has no other alternative than to increase lesson fees or school fees.

4. You will go and rent house from a landlord who has paid excess for cement, sand, chicken, tomatoes and pepper, lesson fees, how will he meet up if not by increasing his house rent by 60%.

And the circle continues, it is not about dollars, dollars is just an excuse, abi wetin concern garri, beans and yam with dollars.

The problem is you and I and our excessive greed.

And for the bad and corrupt politicians since 1960 up till present that took our darling nation 100 years back.
They will never go Scot free in their looting and criminal lifestyle.....including their supporters.

Back to the topic,
But as for ALL of us at dem MANNABBQGRlLLS........
As long as God lives.....
schizo!

You no use your burner accounts today...?
NLPoliceWoman silvernorgold
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by funshint(m): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
Nothing like that here... nothing can beat that Emefiele cash scarcity!
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Blaze14k: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
samogo1:
So now is it Emiefele that is causing the scarcity? Even when we have more money in circulation ( old and new notes)

Useless APC.

Apc supporters what see it as a problem. You should know by now Nigeria operate based on tribalism
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Goodnewsforlife: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
RepoMan007:
if you transport to a bank to deposit cash, will they pay you for it? No. So sell to POS in you area and bypass their COT plus you make profit.
this is d main reason y pos have money n banks don’t have but many don’t understand

People prefer to sell money to pos operators than take it to bank

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by gnaira(m): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:
In lagos there is no cash scarcity......POS are even fighting for customers

Not true.
There's somewhat cash scarcity in Lagos as most ATMs are not dispensing cash, while Banks only grant N5,000 to N20,000 max over the counter.

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by gnaira(m): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

Come ikorodu and see people shouting your pos here everywhere.

Have not seen or hear people complain of not getting cash both in ikeja and ikorodu I go to and fro everyday.

Most atm have not been dispensing since November oga.....so no be news

Did you ask the POS agent what's their charges?

Have you been into the bank to withdraw cash over the counter?

If your answers are no, kindly refrain from speaking authoritatively as you are misinforming the public with wrong update.
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Godoverevery: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
gnaira:

Not true.
There's somewhat cash scarcity in Lagos as most ATMs are not dispensing cash, while Banks only grant N5,000 to N20,000 max over the counter.

My issh with people like you is this atms not dispensing and bank only granting 5,00 to 20,000 did it just start this week

This something that have been on going since last month and people are still spending cash everyday.

Have never found it difficult to get cash in ikeja and ikorodu which I fly everyday......so no scarcity
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by victorsola: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
GoWithGood:
Seems what Nigerians went through during election period was not enough, that is why cash scarcity is emerging again.

Two people I know that went to bank this morning to withdraw money returned without a penny. One narrated how he even trekked back as he was with no means to pay transport fare.

ATMs are not dispensing

Why is the country always positioned herself to suffer the citizens?

From which angle is this cash scarcity re-emerging?

Why are Nigerians made to suffer unnecessarily?

I'm reporting live from Calabar, Cross River State.

How is the situation in your area? Any cash scarcity in your area?
the things is pos operators are the ones taken all the money in te atm . Because Dey plenty pass normal this days.
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Godoverevery: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
What rubbish it this one saying

10k I still collected today in ikeja I paid 200 charges

What my business with bank when I can easilyget cash with POS.

Some of you people just delight in passing bad news

Many people have posted in the other state there is no scarcity aswell so STFU
gnaira:

Did you ask the POS agent what's their charges?

Have you been into the bank to withdraw cash over the counter?

If your answers are no, kindly refrain from speaking authoritatively as you are misinformating the public with wrong update.

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by gnaira(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Godoverevery:

My issh with people like you is this atms not dispensing and bank only granting 5,00 to 20,000 did it just start this week

This something that have been on going since last month and people are still spending cash everyday.

Have never found it difficult to get cash in ikeja and ikorodu which I fly everyday......so no scarcity

Needless to say much; i bet any intelligent person can deduce the right update from this response.
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by sylife(m): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
Go to Onitsha and carry Cash to your City
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by BeyondDenemy: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
flexyrule:
Just paid 500 to deposit N50,000 into my account 30 minutes ago.

The second packet is even here with me...

Banks are paying up to 1m here.

Where is that?
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by fineboynl(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Banks have barricade their ATMs or sealed it. It might be a bid to avoid inflation.

1 Like

Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by SirLakes: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
5k still hundred naira charges in my street sha

grin grin
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by Shomek(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
We are just hearing about this it has not happen here and it will never happen
Re: How Is Cash Availability In Your Area? by GoWithGood: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
RepoMan007:
if you transport to a bank to deposit cash, will they pay you for it? No. So sell to POS in you area and bypass their COT plus you make profit.

You should ask first if i need to transport myself to my bank. No, i dont need to do that.

Also, consider when large amount of money is involved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Debt Recovery From A Woman Old Enough To Be My Mother / Releasing Money As High As ₦2,500,000 Is Dangerous - Police To POS Operators / We’re Going To Need More Cash, Banks Tell CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.