Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri (5156 Views)

Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi / Osinbajo: Call For Secession, Fastest Way To Extinction / 'Stop Donkeys From Extinction': Eyinnaya Abaribe Opposes Yahaya Abdullahi's Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by updatechange(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
I don see am

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Omoluabi16(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You should seek expert's opinion on this so you don't get complacent. Those protecting their languages know why wink
I'm not getting complacent. I'm saying I'm seeing the efforts. People are putting too much efforts for our languages to just go extinct. TRUST ME ON THAT.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by TopBanter: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
kettykin:
Thanks to the millennials and the alpha generation, tiktok has popularized igbo language so much that Igbo language is now being used by whites for skits. Igbo gospel music is now every part of the globe , names like odogwu, is now known all over the globe because of nollywood...

Achebe and chinamanda has made igbo words and stories a must know over the literature world.

Baba, na under rock you dey live or old people’s home? You surely aren’t talking about the same Igbo language UNESCO pronounced a death sentence on. Keep fooling yourself sha.

It is elders like you who are not satisfied deceiving themselves alone. They must deceive the naive, ignorant and younger Igbos also.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Armaggedon: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
"One of" sounds like a language. Until you are brave enough to mention the language, we will know you are man enough.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Armaggedon: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
TopBanter:

Baba, na under rock you dey live or old people’s home? You surely aren’t talking about the same Igbo language UNESCO pronounced a death sentence on. Keep fooling yourself sha.

It is elders like you who are not satisfied deceiving themselves alone. They must deceive the naive, ignorant and younger Igbos also.
UNESCO prediction is about Nigerian languages in general not a particular language.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by anungangampu: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
I heard this last 25yrs ago. Reno hate and his asslicking will not allow him see or hear that Igbo language dominate gospel music in Africa. Igbo Language is the language of business in Nigeria.
Yoroub language is in those counties because they have aborigines who are historical yorouba migrant.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
kettykin:
Thanks to the millennials and the alpha generation, tiktok has popularized igbo language so much that Igbo language is now being used by whites for skits. Igbo gospel music is now every part of the globe , names like odogwu, is now known all over the globe because of nollywood...

Achebe and chinamanda has made igbo words and stories a must know over the literature world.

Leave mumu people to keep mumuring up and down...You hardly see an Igbo musician, use Yoruba in his music, especially Igbo hip pop artists. But Yoruba musicians will always use one or two Igbo phrases in their music. They many, Simi, Teni, Yemi Alade, Davido, Adekunle Gold etc. The undisputed truth is, apart from Hausa in the north. The most widely spoken language in Nigeria is Igbo. I have my reasons.
1) There are more Igbos in South South and other regions of the country than there are other tribes in other regions.
2) Owing to business, education, religion and tourism. An average Nigerian have come in contact with more Igbos than other tribes outside his own.
3)Igbos high standards of living, domineering nature, makes other people try to know one or two Igbos words. Some claim they learn Igbo words so as to know when Igbos wants to outsmart them in business transaction.
4) Today there are many Igbo skit makers and comedians in the content creating Industry than other tribes. Both on Facebook and TikTok. They use Igbo more often to bypass Facebook ban and Facebook community standards... because they have discovered that there's money on social media.
5)The Christian religion in Nigeria are dominated by Igbos, and an average Christian church all over Nigeria use Igbo worship/Gospel songs every Sunday

So tell me how the language will die grin grin

Reno Omokri himself understand many Igbo words than Hausa and Yoruba words.

7 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by anungangampu: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Leave mumu people to keep mumuring up and down...You hardly see an Igbo musician, use Yoruba in his music, especially Igbo hip pop artists. But Yoruba musicians will always use one or two Igbo phrases in their music. They many, Simi, Teni, Yemi Alade, Davido, Adekunle Gold etc. The undisputed truth is, apart from Hausa in the north. The most widely spoken language in Nigeria is Igbo. I have my reasons.
1) There are more Igbos in South South and other regions of the country than there are other tribes in other regions.
2) Owing to business, education, religion and tourism. An average Nigerian have come in contact with more Igbos than other tribes outside his own.
3)Igbos high standards of living, domineering nature, makes other people try to know one or two Igbos words. Some claim they learn Igbo words so as to know when Igbos wants to outsmart them in business transaction.
4) Today there are many Igbo skit makers and comedians in the content creating Industry than other tribes. Both on Facebook and TikTok. They use Igbo more often to bypass Facebook ban and Facebook community standards... because they have discovered that there's money on social media.
5)The Christian religion in Nigeria are dominated by Igbos, and an average Christian church all over Nigeria use Igbo worship/Gospel songs every Sunday

Dont mind the fool. Even when Unesco goofed on this one. HE still used it on his gullible followers. Igbo domination of social media is just in thw early stages.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by TopBanter: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Odin13:
Yoruba has already cluster to see their superiors and bitter enemies fail grin

.... and they keep rising grin

The pain grin

You will never speak sensibly even if you live to age 500.

What concerns Yorubas with this when ordinary commonsense a ten year old should possess tells us that a people consistently raising generations after generations away from their traditional domain stand little change of preserving their language and culture?

As things are going, more Igbos will speak Yoruba, Hausa and the languages of nations like Ghana and Cameroon in futurw than the Igbo language because of Igbos ‘go anywhere and live anywhere, refugee nature.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by DaTruths: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
This dude is just busy putting rift and bad blood between igbos and Yorubas all in the name of table shakers.

Seun please i beg of you, Instruct your mods to desist from posting this man's tweets on nairaland frontpage.

Election has come and gone, we can do better.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Odin13: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
TopBanter:

You will never speak sensibly even if you live to age 500.

What concerns Yorubas with this when ordinary commonsense a ten year old should possess tells us that a people consistently raising generations after generations away from their traditional domain stand little change of preserving their language and culture?

As things are going, more Igbos will speak Yoruba, Hausa and the languages of nations like Ghana and Cameroon in futurw than the Igbo language because of Igbos ‘go anywhere and live anywhere, refugee nature.

You wey get sense try leave your village

See as Reno Dey finger fork people brain anyhow

Tueh!!!

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by TopBanter: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Keep deluding yourselves and living in denial.

It is because of Igbos someone coined the saying denial is not a River in Egypt.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Raskimonojendor: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
DaTruths:
This dude is just busy putting rift and bad blood between igbos and Yorubas all in the name of table shakers.

Seun please i beg of you, Instruct your mods to desist from posting this man's tweets on nairaland frontpage.

Election has come and gone, we can do better.
No where in his post was Yoruba or even Ibo mentioned tongue

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by kettykin: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Igbo is already spoken in ondo and osun goverment houses, governor of osun and his wife are fluent igbo speakers, while the wife of ondo governor is igbo

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Raskimonojendor: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Height of delusion. Even Ibo musicians were complaining about how they have to sing in Yoruba to make it. grin

They are now thanking Adekunle gold and others for helping to infuse a few Ibo language in their music grin

Even this upcoming new Ibo musician (odumodublvck), na Yoruba boys dey still help his music by signing him to their label.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by jmoore(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

What you posted here is unrelated.

He said a tribe will soon go extinct. True or false.

Reno mentioned language, but you are mentioning tribe going into extinction.
This is a case study on how tribalism damages brain.

Better go back to primary school to learn the difference between language and tribe.

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by ImperialYoruba: 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
If you land in Onitsha today, just by speaking Yoruba language, you dont even have to be Yoruba, na so Ibo girls go rush you, flirting and giggling.

When Ibo go home for holidays girls no believe they are from Lagos. So they test them to speak Yoruba. If he pass test, na everyday pussy till he leave town. Those that failed this test in past can attest. Abi I lie? grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by OmoFiditi: 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
If he is thinking it is Ibo, then he is wasting his time.

Ibo language is now being concretized in their music, folklore and movies. Ibo-teaching schools and blogs are popping up all over US, Canada, and Europe..

Even kids born in the US, and Europe to Ibo parents and have never visited Nigeria but speak Ibo, go to youtube tiktok and see them.

Reno will re-incarnate as a rat in year 2503 and be disappointed that Ibo is the major language of trade in the area around the Niger and benue. grin

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by nedu666: 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
It will not better for Tinubu if after all this ass licking by reno, he did not find ordinary cleaner in aso Rock to give reno. Because as e dey, reno has no business, can't apply for a job, no contracts. Dude needs a job badly.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by abdeefggh: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

You are deceiving yourself grin. Igbos scattering around the country is actually self destructive, you have to understand the locals and speak the locals language to sell your market.

Secondly, every sensible person knows yoruba language dominate Africans entertainment industry, infact you can't blow without adding yoruba language to your songs.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by nedu666: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
If you land in Onitsha today, just by speaking Yoruba language, you dont even have to be Yoruba, na so Ibo girls go rush you, flirting and giggling.

When Ibo go home for holidays girls no believe they are from Lagos. So they test them to speak Yoruba. If he pass test, na everyday pussy till he leave town. Those that failed this test in past can attest. Abi I lie? grin

Pussy is so free yet you can't get any. You better use soapy
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Raskimonojendor: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Objectivist04: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
flokii:
The language Nnamdi Azikiwe wanted to force on Yorubas.. Ol0shi wanted his own language to be spoken across South just like Hausa language in North.

Yorubas better wake up.. this docile and gullible lifestyle won't do our people any good.
When you are beclouded by hate you begin to contradict yourself.
reno said that the language is going extinct because the speakers lack interest In speaking it but here you are f00lishly accusing Azikiwe and your nightmare Obi of trying to impose the language on southern Nigeria.
Are you not confused so.
Reno

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
abdeefggh:

You are deceiving yourself grin. Igbos scattering around the country is actually self destructive, you have to understand the locals and speak the locals language to sell your market.

Secondly, every sensible person knows yoruba language dominate Africans entertainment industry, infact you can't blow without adding yoruba language to your songs.

Name five Igbo hip pop artists in Nigeria and five of their songs with Yoruba lyrics

Igbos scattering all over the country no mean they will throw away their language and speak that of the locals. There are Igbo communities in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Edo States...and they also speak the language and other Igboid dialects

In Benin City, Asaba, Warri, PH, Lagos etc Nigerian Pidgin English is the language of Communication. There's no Igbo city or town where Pidgin English is widely used for communication. You must learn and understand Igbo. Unless you are just there for business or on a short trip

I know three current State governors outside Igbo land that clearly speak and understand Igbo language.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Height of delusion. Even Ibo musicians were complaining about how they have to sing in Yoruba to make it. grin

They are now thanking Adekunle gold and others for helping to infuse a few Ibo language in their music grin

Even this upcoming new Ibo musician (odumodublvck), na Yoruba boys dey still help his music by signing him to their label.

Lies na Yoruba artistes use Igbo pass, the stats are there. Flavor, KCee, Phyno, Psquare, Tekno name their songs with Yoruba lyrics...even Timaya, Burna Boy, Duncan Mighty use Igbo lyrics in their songs
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by anungangampu: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
abdeefggh:

You are the delusional one. Its a normal thing for igbos to learn other peoples language and still retain their language. It's Even worse up north, yet, igbo children born up north speak better igbo than those born in other places in Nigeria.
Yoruba dominate Nigerian secular music, igbos dominate gospel music.
Igbos has been scattering since 1930, yet, the one outisde igbo land defend their heritage than those at home.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
OmoFiditi:
If he is thinking it is Ibo, then he is wasting his time.

Ibo language is now being concretized in their music, folklore and movies. Ibo-teaching schools and blogs are popping up all over US, Canada, and Europe..

Even kids born in the US, and Europe to Ibo parents and have never visited Nigeria but speak Ibo, go to youtube tiktok and see them.

Reno will re-incarnate as a rat in year 2503 and be disappointed that Ibo is the language of trade in the area around the Niger and benue. grin

In Beni City, small small children, Epa and Iye na so so Pidgin English Dem dey speak...but Reno will tell you that it is Igbo that will go into extinction. What happens to Bini and other small languages in Nigeria. What they cannot compete with, they hate it.

Out of fear of Yoruba language going down, Lagos government have to introduce Yoruba language at Train stations. Name one Igbo city where Pidgin English is widely spoken...none

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
kettykin:

Igbo is already spoken in ondo and osun governor houses, governor of osun and his wife are fluent igbo speakers, whole the wife of ondo governor is igbo

For more than 24yrs now, even in Rivers State government house na Igbo dem dey speak there. I know 3 serving State governors outside Igboland who are fluent Igbo speakers grin grin
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Objectivist04: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=orohbirodeysmel post=127561384]

Reno Omokri himself understand many Igbo words than Hausa and Yoruba words. [/quot
e]
Your post reminds me of the reverend father in Lagos who stired controversy by banning lgbo song in his parish citing that the song is dominating others.

I can also remember when I went to a town in taraba state, I saw Yoruba children who have never been to Igbo land in their life speaking lgbo fluently courtesy of lgbo children whom they play with.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Dafresh: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Edoreborn:
Table shaker Reno,,we already know d tribe.. Even when some of us were growing up in a small community in ilasamaja Lagos that time,,their parents go dey speak their language to them,,only to reply in other major language as quoted by Reno...

Proudly yoruba
You people are not wise at all, any Igbo man born in Lagos or Kano can speak Igbo and the language of the place they're born, all the Igbo Facebook influencers uses Igbo. Mumu Reno have he been to Igbo land, how manys years? that man de press una button

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=Objectivist04 post=127562204][/quote]

I visited a friend in Jos...I went to his church na so so Igbo Dem dey use for praise and worship. When I came back home. His 6 yrs old sister told me to be calling her Ada. I asked her what's the meaning of Ada, she said she don't know, but that she likes the name. grin grin Her mom told me, the little girl too like the flavor music Ada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ: I Will Not Go To Sambisa Forest But....(Pic) / President Buhari's Recent Phone Conversation With GEJ Leaks / Live Photos From Indigenous People Of Biafra Members Protest In Owerri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.