Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri (5152 Views)

Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi / Osinbajo: Call For Secession, Fastest Way To Extinction / 'Stop Donkeys From Extinction': Eyinnaya Abaribe Opposes Yahaya Abdullahi's Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2023
Dream25:

More than half of my Igbo friends in school then can't speak Igbo but speak Yoruba fluently, why Una like lie like this??.. shocked

Some even identify with Yoruba than Igbo.. Come and see nifemi, Oluwabusayo bearing Igbo girls... They flaunt their Yoruba name with pride... grin
we are used to Yoruba lies.
Fabricating stories no dey hard una
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2023
The most popular Nigerian language outside the shores of Nigeria is Igbo.

Meet a Ghanaian,indian , Japanese,european and ask them to say whatever or speak whatever Nigerian language they know and see if 3or4 out five things they try to say is not igbo
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 6:46am On Dec 22, 2023
okoro:
https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1737851079151476932
You waste so much of your life over Igbo matter, keep waiting for Igbo language to die while you will be the first to go meet your ancestors, then your children will start where your start, while you are waiting for Igbo language check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/7946251/nigerian-man-translating-physics-textbook#127567560
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Noerection: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

You waste so much of your life over Igbo matter, keep waiting for Igbo language to die while you will be the first to go meet your ancestors, then your children will start where your start, while you are waiting for Igbo language check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/7946251/nigerian-man-translating-physics-textbook#127567560
you have been banished from Nairaland so your opinions here are not needed
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Armaggedon: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2023
Dream25:

More than half of my Igbo friends in school then can't speak Igbo but speak Yoruba fluently, why Una like lie like this??.. shocked

Some even identify with Yoruba than Igbo.. Come and see nifemi, Oluwabusayo bearing Igbo girls... They flaunt their Yoruba name with pride... grin
yea...we only hear about Igbo girls bearing Yoruba names from anonymous Yoruba nairaland members. Isn't that credible? Truth is that when it comes to language capabilities, Igbos are the most sophisticated in the country.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2023
Noerection po kissst=127567711:
you have been banished from Nairaland so your opinions here are not needed
Banished grin poverty mentality how much are they paying you on Nairaland, you are wasting your useless time on Nairaland hating from January to December while real guys are cashing out on different media platforms
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by DataMina: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2023
Wutinky:

The current Governor is from Opobo and he is Igbo. He chose to Identify with Ijaw because Igbos have been ruling the state since 1999 and the riverine commuinity has been clamouring to rule the state. Professing his Igboness would be counter productive.

Yorubas are naturally docile with inferiority complex, tanything to measure dick with the Igbos makes them so happy, Reno is exploiting them, most of them are in their second and third round of masturbation
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:12am On Dec 22, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

[b] Kedike
Chidinma
Lyrics

Kedike Lyrics
[Intro]
Uhn ooh, oh yeah
Yeah
Ooh ooh ooh oh

[Verse 1: Chidinma]
From the first time I met you
There was something about you
I can never forget the way you take thief my heart
I dey try to pretend you
I no like, I no send you
But I know like we're friends too
'Cause you gave me a spark
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

[Pre-Chorus: Chidinma]
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

[Chorus: Chidinma]
You dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Ooh oh eh

[Verse 2: Chidinma]
I can tell what's that to
Build my whole world around you
No one else can do the things that you do for me
I wanna be there for you
Baby I really love you
There is something about you that I cannot explain
Na you alone I want
And you alone I need
And you alone go make me feel complete
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, eh, eh

[Bridge: Chidinma]
Yeah, ooh ooh
Ooh ooh
(I no go ever leave you)

I no go ever leave you (baby)
I go dey there for you (baby)
Nothing wey them fit do
I go dey with you oh
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh (yeah yeah yeah)
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

You dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike (kedike)
Ke-ke-kedike (hey, hey)
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Baby you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke
[/b]

This is Kedike, bring out the line where Yoruba word were used in the lyrics...I dey wait
u only picked kedike to boost your your lies here... Oya let me bust u more... In the first place why did u edit the word ife out of the lyrics ?

Dis is another song sang by chidinma with yorubas word

Iberu kosi fun mi, aya o fun mi o (I am not afraid, I have no fear in me)
Alade wura (For You wear the golden crown)
Olorun to kaju, Olododo (Ruler of the heavens, The Righteous One)
Talo to wo? Talo ju o l’Oba mi? (Who is like You? Who’s greater than my Father?)
Eni to mowa, Oba to mowa (The one who know us, the Potter)
To mo o Gbogbo (The all-knowing Lord)

Refrain:
Osuba Olorun ijaya (I worship the great and dreadful God )
Gbani gba ni, Olorun n’ saia (The deliverer we run to)
Eni to le mi — mi mode (I come to the One who owns my life) (Repeat)

Okpeni ni ja (The terrific defender)
Keruo gboni ja ()
Okpe okun ni ya, oji okun dide (You parted the sea, You raised the dead)
Ibarre mare sa (Here is Your worship))
Ele buru’n ike ni yo ( The one with abundant care)
To mo o Gbogbo(The all-knowing Lord)

Advertisement
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

[b] Kedike
Chidinma
Lyrics

Kedike Lyrics
[Intro]
Uhn ooh, oh yeah
Yeah
Ooh ooh ooh oh

[Verse 1: Chidinma]
From the first time I met you
There was something about you
I can never forget the way you take thief my heart
I dey try to pretend you
I no like, I no send you
But I know like we're friends too
'Cause you gave me a spark
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Ooh oh eh

[Verse 2: Chidinma]
I can tell what's that to
Build my whole world around you
No one else can do the things that you do for me
I wanna be there for you
Baby I really love you
There is something about you that I cannot explain
Na you alone I want
And you alone I need
And you alone go make me feel complete
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, eh, eh

[Bridge: Chidinma]
Yeah, ooh ooh
Ooh ooh
(I no go ever leave you)

I no go ever leave you (baby)
I go dey there for you (baby)
Nothing wey them fit do
I go dey with you oh
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh (yeah yeah yeah)
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

You dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike (kedike)
Ke-ke-kedike (hey, hey)
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Baby you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke
[/b]

This is Kedike, bring out the line where Yoruba word were used in the lyrics...I dey wait
Most of chidinma songs are in Yoruba language... U keep lieing because in are in the midst of your igbotic folk...

Dis is chidinma song in Yoruba...
TITLE OSUBA

Iberu kosi fun mi, aya o fun mi o (I am not afraid, I have no fear in me)
Alade wura (For You wear the golden crown)
Olorun to kaju, Olododo (Ruler of the heavens, The Righteous One)
Talo to wo? Talo ju o l’Oba mi? (Who is like You? Who’s greater than my Father?)
To mo o Gbogbo (The all-knowing Lord)

Refrain:
Osuba Olorun ijaya (I worship the great and dreadful God )
Gbani gba ni, Olorun n’ saia (The deliverer we run to)
Eni to le mi — mi mode (I come to the One who owns my life) (Repeat)

Okpeni ni ja (The terrific defender)
Keruo gboni ja ()
Okpe okun ni ya, oji okun dide (You parted the sea, You raised the dead)
Ibarre mare sa (Here is Your worship))
Ele buru’n ike ni yo ( The one with abundant care)
To mo o Gbogbo(The all-knowing Lord)

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Name one of Psquare music in Yoruba
Name the songs, you just dey mention people's name without the particular song they rendered in Yoruba language
70% of p square song has yoruba words more than igbo words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Brenbentondiaz: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2023
Sevenworldpower:
Foolish man is not worried about his native language and culture. Well, he has abused Tinubu in the past and now praising yorubas so that Tinubu can forgive him.
Any written and recorded language can never go into extinction. it can be revived by cultural rivavalist.

"He abused Tinubu" and "he's praising Yoruba now" seem to be mutually exclusive to you. So, I can't praise Americans if I insult Biden? Are you ibos this dense, or it's an act you guys generally put up for comic reasons? I've noticed this basically on all platforms, so this kind of daft reasoning can't be something minor among you.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by chubinwa(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2023
RINO is just a pained Id*ot. Itshekiri is in the mud, yet it's another man's language that is his problem.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Noerection: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Banished grin poverty mentality how much are they paying you on Nairaland, you are wasting your useless time on Nairaland hating from January to December while real guys are cashing out on different media platforms

mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique mukina2 seun
Rule 19 he is Anambra1sts0.n

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Mazisimonekpa(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

I told you before
You old moniker left Nairaland before me

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Prime Minister
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
we are used to Yoruba lies.
Fabricating stories no dey hard una

Go to Osun and Oyo State
You go Shock
If they don't tell you, you won't know

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2023
Wutinky:

Nobody sing in Yoruba language outside Yoruba people,,,, Ghanaians and other Africa countries mostly sing with Igbo language, They prefer Igbo Christian music. I never heard Yoruba Gospel song outside Nigeria. Their highlife is useless and dead at the moment. Yorubas stop measuring with the Igbo, they are better than you

https://m.facebook.com/MiracleTouchNetwork/videos/white-people-singing-yoruba-songoluwa-e-tobi/3573485549341040/

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2023
Mrfeel:
The Itsekiri language has gone extinct already all Itsekiri people have adopted pidgin English as their first language in warri, rone omokri can not even speak his own mother tongue , he thinks that fake British accent he always force to speak is the ultimate

Itsekiri is a recognized Yoruba dialect

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

Go to Osun and Oyo State
You go Shock
If they don't tell you, you won't know
will you keep quiet my friend.

Come to awka here and see Yorubas speaking Igbo more than us
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:11am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
will you keep quiet my friend.

Come to awka here and see Yorubas speaking Igbo more than us

The ones in Oyo it is not what they Speak it is who they are many don't even remember the road to their Grandparents village anymore

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2023
walefresh3:
70% of p square song has yoruba words more than igbo words
list them naa or show the relics.
Incorporating one or two Yoruba words in his songs is quite different from singing in Yoruba. Davido, dbanj,yemi alade ,wizkid,wande coal all have songs laced with Igbo words
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

The ones in Oyo it is not what they Speak it is who they are many don't even remember the road to their Grandparents village anymore
don't understand
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
don't understand

The third Generation ones in Oyo State are already claiming they are Yorubas of Ibadan
and those they grew up together with are even backing them up
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by EJEGBULEJE: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2023
Definitely not HAUSA language, Hausa speaks their language anywhere, anytime...
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

The third Generation ones in Oyo State are already claiming they are Yorubas of Ibadan
always speaking like a lunatic.

The third generation Yorubas in awka are already claiming Igbo and none of them knows the way to their villages neither do they want to go back to Yoruba land
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Dafresh: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2023
WorldRichest:

Wait ooo. Wetin dey pain us? Is it paining us that we have been President for 8 years, VP for 8 years, and we are running another 8 years as President while your tribe has not even gotten VP? I think you need to check yourself, are you okay?
You're right you have benefited from being president because you can't feel scarcity of Cash,you buy fuel cheaper than others you buy rice 5k naira while we that haven't be president for long buy rice 50k . Congratulations 👏
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
always speaking like a lunatic.

The third generation Yorubas in awka are already claiming Igbo and none of them knows the way to their villages neither do they want to go back to Yoruba land

Ok How many are there compared to those in Ibadan be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUPqg1lt2s?feature=shared

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

Ok How many are there compared to those in Ibadan be honest
they are way more than the ones in Ibadan
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
they are way more than the ones in Ibadan

You Shock abi?

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by 12chibundo: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
I never Heard Itishekiri been spoken anywhereI never Heard Itishekiri been spoken anywhere...
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Sevenworldpower(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Brenbentondiaz:

"He abused Tinubu" and "he's praising Yoruba now" seem to be mutually exclusive to you. So, I can't praise Americans if I insult Biden? Are you ibos this dense, or it's an act you guys generally put up for comic reasons? I've noticed this basically on all platforms, so this kind of daft reasoning can't be something minor among you.

Who even told low life like you I am igbo? Obasanjo is Igbo too. Apc supporters are morons. He abused Tinubu before election [ past action) , he is praising yorubas invluding Tinubu now( present and continous action) as a way of seeking for forgiveness.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

what's the meaning of the video?
I didn't understand a dime from what the man was saying
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Cantonese: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Idiotic man and his idiotic comment.

He should talk about his tribe and his language. His people are confused with their language. They do not know where to stand between the Yoruba language and other languages of the Niger Delta. The youths of his tribe do not understand the language and do not speak. Ask them where they come from, they say “my mama tell me say I be Itsekiri”.

Omokri should focus on his own language, as it is already getting extinct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NERC Promises Improved Power Supply / Buhari/Osinbajo Asset Declaration: Nigerians On Twitter React / Cross-carpeting In Nigerian Politics: An Index Of Our Politicians' Substance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.