Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,031 members, 7,835,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri (5146 Views)

Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi / Osinbajo: Call For Secession, Fastest Way To Extinction / 'Stop Donkeys From Extinction': Eyinnaya Abaribe Opposes Yahaya Abdullahi's Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
what's the meaning of the video?
I didn't understand a dime from what the man was saying

My point exactly!
If Baba Olowe or his Children tell you say them be Omo Osun State you will not argue

That is Ancient Traditional Yoruba Poetry he is reciting
Only Yorubas versed in Tradition and Yoruba History go understand

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

My point exactly!
If Baba Olowe or his Children tell you say them be Omo Osun State you will not argue

That is Traditional Yoruba Poetry he is reciting
Only Yorubas versed in Tradition and Yoruba History go understand
how does it relate to our argument?
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
how does it relate to our argument?

Use your head

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by annayawchee: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2023
opamoses1:

Outside Alaigbo, Igbos don't like to speak their language. Reno is just saying what people already know.
any Igbo man that doesn't speak his language outside the east is a big fool and that doesn't mean they're in the majority.

This language no go die
We dey modify am with slangs daily sef

Imazikwa kosi adi!!
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

Use your head
prove to me that the man is Igbo.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
prove to me that the man is Igbo.

You have Just Proven my point exactly that if they don't tell you you no go know.
many of them in Oyo and Osun State are already claiming to be Yorubas

Baba Olowe's Original name na Jude Chukwuka but if he no tell you his Ancestry you no go know

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by ceevictor(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Reno said he won't mention the tribe. But the excerpt above has clearly done that.

He is a fool, the people attributing to has a major hit presently in online content creation majorly because of this language. Presently from that end no one cares what they do in Lagos in terms of content creation...
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

You have Just Proven my point that if they don't tell you you no go know many of them in Oyo and Osun State are already claiming to be Yorubas

Baba Olowe's Original name na Jude Chukwuka but if he no tell you his History you no go know
prove to me that he is Igbo apart from that useless YouTube videos. Show other pictures of him and his family, his profile. I want to believe that he is Igbo. Your people forge alot
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
prove to me that he is Igbo apart from that useless YouTube videos. Show other pictures of him and his family, his profile. I want to believe that he is Igbo. Your people forge alot

The fact you are asking me to prove he is Igbo has already proven my point perfectly because you already fully believe that he is Yoruba

Baba Olowe's Original birth name is Jude
Chukwuka but Baba don Yoruba finish

People like Baba Olowe full Oyo Osun Ondo Ogun Ekiti

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

The fact you are asking me to prove he is Igbo has already proven my point perfectly

Baba Olowe's Original birth name is Jude
Chukwuka

People like Baba Olowe full Oyo Osun Ondo Ogun
so I should just believe because you said so?
Define delusion again please
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Mrfeel: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2023
Christistruth00:

Itsekiri is a recognized Yoruba dialect

So ?
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Pristine664: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2023
Wutinky:

Nobody sing in Yoruba language outside Yoruba people,,,, Ghanaians and other Africa countries mostly sing with Igbo language, They prefer Igbo Christian music. I never heard Yoruba Gospel song outside Nigeria. Their highlife is useless and dead at the moment. Yorubas stop measuring with the Igbo, they are better than you

Ment? You are joking right??

If you truly believe this it means you are a full delusion patient and you should check in at any good psychiatric home asap. grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Pristine664: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Wutinky:

Yorubas are naturally docile with inferiority complex, tanything to measure dick with the Igbos makes them so happy, Reno is exploiting them, most of them are in their second and third round of masturbation

The same Reno you Igbos were worshipping like a god till late 2012 when he was always bashing the Yorubas for supporting APC? grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by engrchykae(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2023
Reno thinks he can gain relevance through Igbo matter.
But igbo is the language of social Media right now and has been promoted like never before.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by SuperOnyi: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Dafresh:
You people are not wise at all, any Igbo man born in Lagos or Kano can speak Igbo and the language of the place they're born, all the Igbo Facebook influencers uses Igbo. Mumu Reno have he been to Igbo land, how manys years? that man de press una button

shocked

I haven't been to Igboland all my adult life but my parents spoke only Igbo to us. When I see comments like the ones in this thread, I just shake my head.

With the way pan-africanism is gaining ground, I don't see Igbo language dying in the nearest future. Every country that was colonized tend to favor the language of the colonialists and with the influence of the American culture, it was crazy but things are changing now.

Igbo language might evolve (since we have a very large diaspora community) but it will not die.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Christistruth00: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

I haven't been to Igboland all my adult life but my parents spoke only Igbo to us. When I see comments like the ones in this thread, I just shake my head.

With the way pan-africanism is gaining ground, I don't see Igbo language dying in the nearest future. Every country that was colonized tend to favor the language of the colonialists and with the influence of the American culture, it was crazy but things are changing now.

Igbo language might evolve (since we have a very large diaspora community) but it will not die.

No it won't die
If Yoruba Language could survive in Cuba and Brazil
Igbo Language may have fewer Speakers but it won't die especially not n the East
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by spagettiluv: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2023
Antivirus92:
mr Jude acting babalawo in Yoruba movie is not a surprise,there are millions of ibos in Ibadan who are like mr Jude chukwuka.

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2023
[quote author=Noerection post=127569161][/quote]
Okay
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2023
Mazisimonekpa:
I told you before
You old moniker left Nairaland before me

Mazi Simon Ekpa
Prime Minister
Do I care
Once the name is paying me on YouTube and other media platforms, why will I worry over a platform that doesn't pay for my contributions? Keep fooling yourself on Nairaland when men are cashing out

I put more zeal on my YouTube channel, Facebook page and others than wasting my time on faceless forum

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Do I care
Once the name is paying me on YouTube and other media platforms, why will I worry over a platform that doesn't pay for my contributions? Keep fooling yourself on Nairaland when men are cashing out

I put more zeal on my YouTube channel, Facebook page and others than wasting my time on faceless forum
you go explain explain explain tire without evidence of your bank account showing what you are earning
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by lexylaw40: 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Mrfeel:
The Itsekiri language has gone extinct already all Itsekiri people have adopted pidgin English as their first language in warri, rone omokri can not even speak his own mother tongue , he thinks that fake British accent he always force to speak is the ultimate
Itshekiri is yoruba
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Mrfeel: 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
lexylaw40:
Itshekiri is yoruba
Whether is yoruba or not, The people who speak it in Itsekiri land has abandoned it for pidgin English , even their old men speak pidgin
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
you go explain explain explain tire without evidence of your bank account showing what you are earning
O..l..e, keep fooling yourself on Nairaland, January you start where you stopped, later you go tell your children na because of Nairaland you couldn't achieve what your mates achieved, time wait for nobody, grin grin
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Stale
BeautifulMind2:

O..l..e, keep fooling yourself on Nairaland, January you start where you stopped, later you go tell your children na because of Nairaland you couldn't achieve what your mates achieved, time wait for nobody, grin grin
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Dafresh: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

You're correct, many of them too believe on Reno
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
If you land in Onitsha today, just by speaking Yoruba language, you dont even have to be Yoruba, na so Ibo girls go rush you, flirting and giggling.

When Ibo go home for holidays girls no believe they are from Lagos. So they test them to speak Yoruba. If he pass test, na everyday pussy till he leave town. Those that failed this test in past can attest. Abi I lie? grin

This is hilarious but trust me, it is true

I live in Anambra and i can tell u this is true

Plus, Igbos here who have lived in Yorubaland and understand Yoruba sees themselves as better than others who dont

And honestly, Their guys and ladies down here think so too

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BitterTruth0001: 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

What you posted here is unrelated.

He said a tribe will soon go extinct. True or false.

What does it matter ?
You will be dead before it happens , if ever
So focus on matters that affects your life now negro
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

I visited a friend in Jos...I went to his church na so so Igbo Dem dey use for praise and worship. When I came back home. His 6 yrs old sister told me to be calling her Ada. I asked her what's the meaning of Ada, she said she don't know, but that she likes the name. grin grin Her mom told me, the little girl too like the flavor music Ada

U just dey lie anyhow
Bro, Flavor ft Chidinma in a song titled "Ife"

In fact, they both sang in Yoruba all through
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by BeautifulMind2: 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
Stale
Follow me for more interesting update grin, I put more zeal on platforms paying me, providing contents than wasting my precious time on faceless forum, follow me on YouTube and Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enP_fV2Ltzk?si=-evNGqUnyr4hySKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Country Would You Prefer: Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan Or Philippines? / It Is Either The Koran Or The Sword For Nigerians- Aliyu Gwarzo. / Modification Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.