Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri (5153 Views)

Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi / Osinbajo: Call For Secession, Fastest Way To Extinction / 'Stop Donkeys From Extinction': Eyinnaya Abaribe Opposes Yahaya Abdullahi's Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dafresh:
You people are not wise at all, any Igbo man born in Lagos or Kano can speak Igbo and the language of the place they're born, all the Igbo Facebook influencers uses Igbo. Mumu Reno have he been to Igbo land, how manys years? that man de press una button

You can marry a man from another tribe and choose not to learn his language, but not an Igbo man, he will force you to learn Igbo language. When Peter Obi wife was speaking clear, fluent Anambra Igbo, e shocked all of them. Even Igbos married to White ladies, they teach their wives and children Igbo language, although some of them don't care...Reno just dey lie to them.

The Catholic church in Nigeria is being controlled by Igbos. Igbo priests and Bishops are all over the country. Out of four living Cardinals in Nigeria, two are Igbos...out of three Pope's envoy from Nigeria. The only Nigerian close to Sainthood in the Catholic Church is an Igbo Preist. All the three are Igbo Archbishop...even in the Vatican City, Rome na Igbos dey run am, before any other African tribe.
In the LDS church, ( the mormons ) their only Temple in Nigeria, is in Aba Nigeria. In the whole of Africa West, after Accra, Ghana, it is Aba Nigeria. Religion plays a vital role in propagating and sustaining the language of a people. But we see everything as politics.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by MasterShifu010(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
Reno should be the last person to say something like this ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ, the man is itsekiri , and the language is almost gone , and he is worried about the language of a people he loves to hate ?โ€ฆ.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Name five Igbo hip pop artists in Nigeria and five of their songs with Yoruba lyrics

Igbos scattering all over the country no mean they will throw away their language and speak that of the locals. There are Igbo communities in Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Edo States...and they also speak the language and other Igboid dialects

In Benin City, Asaba, Warri, PH, Lagos etc Nigerian Pidgin English is the language of Communication. There's no Igbo city or town where Pidgin English is widely used for communication. You must learn and understand Igbo. Unless you are just there for business or on a short trip

I know three current State governors outside Igbo land that clearly speak and understand Igbo language.
1) p square
2) chidinma
3) flavor
4) black ones
5) teckno

Robi want more ?

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Objectivist04: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
anungangampu:

You are the delusional one. Its a normal thing for igbos to learn other peoples language and still retain their language. It's Even worse up north, yet, igbo children born up north speak better igbo than those born in other places in Nigeria.
Yoruba dominate Nigerian secular music, igbos dominate gospel music.
Igbos has been scattering since 1930, yet, the one outisde igbo land defend their heritage than those at home.

You are right, while you must speak the native language in the north, lgbos in the north retain and speak their language more than Igbos in other parts of the country, even more than those in the east !!

When I went to a town in taraba state in the mid 90s l saw Yoruba children who were born and in the town speaking lgbo fluently. They learnt the language from lgbo children whom they play with and those lgbo children were also born in the town o not in lgbo land.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Okwyjesus(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
blabulu2000:

Who.approved it? Your village king...,a bi?

The three arms of govt are independent.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
walefresh3:
1) p square
2) chidinma
3) flavor
4) black ones
5) teckno

Robi want more ?

Name one of Psquare music in Yoruba
Name the songs, you just dey mention people's name without the particular song they rendered in Yoruba language
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by CrossRhodes: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ngozi123:
You people still haven't learned from what happened in the last few days... Continue undecided
They have not....

Na to dey use the report button steady now

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Beremx(f): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
If you land in Onitsha today, just by speaking Yoruba language, you dont even have to be Yoruba, na so Ibo girls go rush you, flirting and giggling.

When Ibo go home for holidays girls no believe they are from Lagos. So they test them to speak Yoruba. If he pass test, na everyday pussy till he leave town. Those that failed this test in past can attest. Abi I lie? grin
this your fake gist is gotten from Iya Alaje agbo drinking joint. Is this what you discuss with your agbo drinking friends? You're deluded

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by opamoses1: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by paramakina202: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
I have been hearing since 1980 that Igbo language will go extinct in the next 50 years.
The 50 years no dey ever finish.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Name the songs, you just dey mention people's name without the particular song they rendered in Yoruba language
title ife... Flavour featuring chidinma..

Chidinma kedike...search for it on tooexclusive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Dafresh: 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

You can marry a man from another tribe and choose not to learn his language, but not an Igbo man, he will force you to learn Igbo language. When Peter Obi wife was speaking clear, fluent Anambra Igbo, e shocked all of them. Even Igbos married to White ladies, they teach their wives and children Igbo language, although some of them don't care...Reno just dey lie to them.

The Catholic church in Nigeria is being controlled by Igbos. Igbo priests and Bishops are all over the country. Out of four living Cardinals in Nigeria, two are Igbos...out of three Pope's envoy from Nigeria. The only Nigerian close to Sainthood in the Catholic Church is an Igbo Preist. All the three are Igbo Archbishop...even in the Vatican City, Rome na Igbos dey run am, before any other African tribe.
In the LDS church, ( the mormons ) their only Temple in Nigeria, is in Aba Nigeria. In the whole of Africa West, after Accra, Ghana, it is Aba Nigeria. Religion plays a vital role in propagating and sustaining the language of a people. But we see everything as politics.
Reno is using their brain, I have watched America choirs sing Igbo song during Mass. Even gospel singers in Nigeria many of them are Igbos and they use Igbo to sing and their songs have gone world wild other countries now sing Igbo worship songs.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

continue to stay in alaigbo and be decieving your GUILIBLE zombidients....

99% of p square song has yorubas word..
Chidinma speak fluent Yoruba... Black ones also...

Dis is another gospel song sang in full yorubas words by IBO FOLK LIKE U... CHIDINMA
Kosi oba bire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by walefresh3(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dafresh:

Reno is using their brain, I have watched America choirs sing Igbo song during Mass. Even gospel singers in Nigeria many of them are Igbos and they use Igbo to sing and their songs have gone world wild other countries now sing Igbo worship songs.
stop lieing here... Mention nigeria best 10 gospel singer here....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
walefresh3:
continue to stay in alaigbo and be decieving your GUILIBLE zombidients....

99% of p square song has yorubas word..
Chidinma speak fluent Yoruba... Black ones also....

I am not in Alaigbo pls. I know Psquare pass you. I am aware that Paul's wife Lola is Yoruba. But out of your 99% Psquare songs in Yoruba, to mention one dey hard you... werey
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by sylife(m): 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
What is that rino Morkiri native and ethnic language again?

It's already gone.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by orohbirodeysmel: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
walefresh3:
title ife... Flavour featuring chidinma..

Chidinma kedike...search for it on tooexclusive

[b] Kedike
Chidinma
Lyrics

Kedike Lyrics
[Intro]
Uhn ooh, oh yeah
Yeah
Ooh ooh ooh oh

[Verse 1: Chidinma]
From the first time I met you
There was something about you
I can never forget the way you take thief my heart
I dey try to pretend you
I no like, I no send you
But I know like we're friends too
'Cause you gave me a spark
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

[Pre-Chorus: Chidinma]
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

[Chorus: Chidinma]
You dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Ooh oh eh

[Verse 2: Chidinma]
I can tell what's that to
Build my whole world around you
No one else can do the things that you do for me
I wanna be there for you
Baby I really love you
There is something about you that I cannot explain
Na you alone I want
And you alone I need
And you alone go make me feel complete
I just can't help myself
I wan be your all
And I see no one else
Wey I fit give my heart

I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away from you
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Eh, eh, eh

[Bridge: Chidinma]
Yeah, ooh ooh
Ooh ooh
(I no go ever leave you)

I no go ever leave you (baby)
I go dey there for you (baby)
Nothing wey them fit do
I go dey with you oh
I no go ever leave you
I go dey there for you oh (yeah yeah yeah)
Nothing wey them fit do
To take me away

You dey make my heart go kedike (kedike)
Kedike (kedike)
Ke-ke-kedike (hey, hey)
Eh, you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Baby you dey make my heart go kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-kedike
Kedike
Ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke-ke
[/b]

This is Kedike, bring out the line where Yoruba word were used in the lyrics...I dey wait
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Dafresh: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
walefresh3:
stop lieing here... Mention nigeria best 10 gospel singer here....
Igbos from 1 to 10
Show me where Mass is been conducted using Yoruba hymns in America or Europe?
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by annayawchee: 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
As long as the East still exist,
The Igbo language will never die.

We breath and live in our language and we're proud of it.

Using Lagos and North as a yardstick to determine the existence of the Igbo language is insane..

Come to our homeland and feel the spirit of Igbo language.

Igbo ga di๐Ÿ’“
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by opamoses1: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
annayawchee:
As long as the East still exist,
The Igbo language will never die.

We breath and live in our language and we're proud of it.

Using Lagos and North as a yardstick to determine the existence of the Igbo language is insane..

Come to our homeland and feel the spirit of Igbo language.

Igbo ga di๐Ÿ’“
Outside Alaigbo, Igbos don't like to speak their language. Reno is just saying what people already know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by DaTruths: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

No where in his post was Yoruba or even Ibo mentioned tongue

Are you a kid?

Woman go deceive you easily oh.
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by ednut1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
All the people from Delta I know cannot speak their own language. Why not focus on that mr man
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Omoawoke2(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Reno is not done yet grin

Na Reno go send Igbos go mental institution las las

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by anungangampu: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Objectivist04:

You are right, while you must speak the native language in the north, lgbos in the north retain and speak their language more than Igbos in other parts of the country, even more than those in the east !!

When I went to a town in taraba state in the mid 90s l saw Yoruba children who were born and in the town speaking lgbo fluently. They learnt the language from lgbo children whom they play with and those lgbo children were also born in the town o not in lgbo land.
This is very hard for many to understand. Learning other peoples language is fun to igbos, i traveled to Ibadan and discovered same. Even those who came back to South West after the war both in Lagos learn Yorouba before entering business. Its a normal thing
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Emyogalanya: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
I think he should be more worried About his uhrobo language that is limited to his village. Even in between his people na mostly Pidgin english. come to Igboland if you can't speak Igbo just keep Quiet
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Antivirus92(m): 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Reno pressing the Yoruba man mumu button

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Pappyjim: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ride on "Reno De Lion" for giving them blow back to back gbasgbos all the time๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Those developers go learn by fire by force๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by blabulu2000: 11:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
Okwyjesus:

The three arms of govt are independent.
See chicken brain. what concerns the Judiciary with Jeep approval......
Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by Benwallt(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
Reno, I take God beg you, let these people rest. They have suffered too much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by WorldRichest: 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Reno is not done yet grin

I will advise Elders with Flat heads to go and beg this Reno before he trace their origin with evidences to where we no expect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by WorldRichest: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
Odin13:
How can yoruba monikers be dancing around that a language will go extinct grin

If not inferiority

Wetin e be

Yoruba are inferior to Igbos?

So how come as Yorubas pray to go to Heaven, Igbos pray to go to Yoruba land?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Three Major Languages In Nigeria Will Go To Extinction Soon - Omokri by WorldRichest: 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
Odin13:

After awolowo failed attempts to force it on Midwest

He failed and lost all

Igbo remain second language in south south

How Yoruba wan deal with this reality..

Supporting Wike and forcefully attaching themselves to south south

Even after being rejected

This pains eh ..

Wait ooo. Wetin dey pain us? Is it paining us that we have been President for 8 years, VP for 8 years, and we are running another 8 years as President while your tribe has not even gotten VP? I think you need to check yourself, are you okay?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jos: Nigeria Army, Students In Bloody Clash Killed One / INEC Receives Petition For Recall Of Abubakar Kuk, Kano House Of Assembly Member / What Is Senator Shehu Sani's Tribe And Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.