Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom (25931 Views)

My Wife Wants To Kill Me. What Should I Do? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
TheWinter Bird:
How much is rice that you cannot buy for your own mom and hers? Is rice that expensive in Nigeria?

Cost of 50kg bag of rice is almost twice the national monthly minimum wage grin

Then I ask if a commodity is twice the national monthly minimum wage of a country is that commodity expensive with regards to the purchasing power of the people in that country?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by PastorFire: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
Valoromega:

You better don't try that nonsense. You think baby things is for weak men? My wife just gave birth and i spent almost half a million for CS and other things in the hospital. Not to talk of baby things, naming ceremony and other necessity. Your wife don't care cos when that time comes, they will tell you it's your responsibility and nobody will borrow you money or dash you money unless someone who truly loves you

Your unborn baby should be your topmost priority right now. Dat thing no be for boys o! Una fit reach hospital now, dem go tell una say complication dey, make dem admit, make dem use ICU, make dem do dis & do dat.. All na money o! Use your head wisely before dem take your own money take disgrace you as a man.

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Juju70(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2023
Oga go buy the rice and add Turkey on top

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by PastorFire: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2023
LikeAking:
Stingy man!

If she is the type of woman wey they try, buy for her. But I’d she is the sturborn type dont buy anything for her.

Are you married?

Do you have kids or you are just a kid with the internet in his pocket?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by aestake: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nazgul:

You eat everyday in your house, you spend money on daily activities...that's what I mean by consistently. More like reoccurring recurring expenditure. It's always there and you'll keep doing it.

In the case of a new born, cream, soap, napkins, baby milk...etc. would keep coming up. And these things aren't cheap. He's wife would be on a special diet as a breast feeding mother.

His wife's mom would definitely come for omugwo, of which her expenses would be on his head. Plus cost of running the house. If you sit down and do your calculations hasn't the 1.7m finished?

That money wouldn't carry his family till Easter next year. Not with the kind of inflation we're experiencing. Unless he has a stable source of income where he can always fall back to.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by PastorFire: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2023
dominique:
Tell her to get the rice for her mum with her own money if she feels her mum is badly in need of it. Don't under any circumstances give into her pressure or emotional blackmail. Once you start, the entitled behaviour and demands won't stop. However I don't support your idea of not wanting to give anytime a dime. Tis the season of sharing love and gifts. Gift at your own discretion

Will you pay his bills when the baby comes?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by PastorFire: 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

But OP you did not try, you have a whooping sum of 1.7m I see no reason why you shouldn't allow ur mother in law have atleast 1m outta the money. and since the budget for the baby is 400k, you'd be left with 300k. Man you'll still have alot at ur disposal

I suppose, from your words, you are single. Try having a baby and then you will know your budget is never enough for it.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Thegreatone001(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2023
It baffles me how adults will come here and be seeking for advice, for something they can easily handle on their own. 🤷🤷
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by PastorFire: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
My brother you wan spend 400k ontop baby things? Abeg wetin u dey buy. My daughter is 2 weeks now. The mama spent only 100k for every thing. During delivery na C/S she use. I pay 300k for everything cos na private ward she dey.
If u get that kind money wetin come be 9k for 10kg rice wey u no fit buy for ur mother inlaw. Abeg guy man dey relax make ur wife no do u bad after child birth. Dem dey craze once dem born finish. U go hear say she carry pikin japa.

Bros, i paid 200k for CS, paid for other expenses (drugs & bills) for ICU, paid for ward admission (drips, drugs) and bought baby things.. Maybe you should do the maths for me.

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Emmacy001: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nazgul:

1.7m in Tinubu's Nigeria is rubbish. No thanks to inflation and high dollar rate.

Do you know that at child both a considerable amount of that money would go into the hospital expenses. After being discharged from the hospital, there are still other things you'll have to keep buying.

Baby soap and cream.

Napkins.

Baby milk formular.

Baby clothes.

Routine medical checkup.

Coupled with your regular household expenses.

If he does this consistently for 3 months, that 1.7m would finish.
Abeg rest
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
My brother you wan spend 400k ontop baby things? Abeg wetin u dey buy. My daughter is 2 weeks now. The mama spent only 100k for every thing. During delivery na C/S she use. I pay 300k for everything cos na private ward she dey.
If u get that kind money wetin come be 9k for 10kg rice wey u no fit buy for ur mother inlaw. Abeg guy man dey relax make ur wife no do u bad after child birth. Dem dey craze once dem born finish. U go hear say she carry pikin japa.

Lwkmd
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by 123readygo: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2023
Givers never lack. The more you give the more you receive. You have over a million Naira and you can’t take out 100k and buy rice for your mum and in-law…
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by MomohMrMoore: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
What is the connection? So if someone is expecting a baby, it means nothing for the inlaw? Or there is no money for the two? People can post nonsense on nairaland sha

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by tuzle(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2023
God should bless me to the extent that buying a bag of rice even for my enemy won't be a problem.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Paramount01(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nazgul:

1.7m in Tinubu's Nigeria is rubbish. No thanks to inflation and high dollar rate.

Do you know that at child both a considerable amount of that money would go into the hospital expenses. After being discharged from the hospital, there are still other things you'll have to keep buying.

Baby soap and cream.

Napkins.

Baby milk formular.

Baby clothes.

Routine medical checkup.

Are you married?
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2023
Stephench:
Never give to your wife's mom what you cannot give to your mom. A certain girl that I didn't even marry that we were about to start dating stylishly told me I'll have to take care of her mom that's instant hatred for her

You are right.

I don't know why women feel it's the responsibility of their husband to foot the bills of her family. Anyone who wants to die from pressures of life should go ahead and accept that believe system.

A parent will bore children male and female and the first point of call will be an inlaw they never knew from Adam except few years back. The children will tactfully remove such responsibilities from themselves and put it on someone that isn't the child of their parents.

For the girl you talked about, it's very pathetic to know that really happened. I had a situation where my girlfriend brought such comparison between her parents and mine. She made mention of me always been available for my parents and I don't even talked or do same for her parents. Relationship that was three months old grin,, when I talk highly of my parents and how I can move the world for them her countenance changed , I knew this was it.

Some ladies are good at transferring liabilities to the man and transferring assets to their family. It is a pitiable situation, only the verry strong will survive.

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by RisenObinna: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
ikeno:
Oga, show love by buying a big of rice and share to both families it will not prevent you from getting things you will need for your baby. Beside, she will be the one to come and do umugwo for you baby
Yes, buy for her mom and you mom too. It won't cost more than 100k.

Put your initial decision aside.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Rinoxy: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nazgul:

Baby soap and cream.

Napkins.

Baby milk formular.

Baby clothes.

Routine medical checkup.

Unrealistic and over exaggerated.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by adecz: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2023
Don't run from your duties as a
on in-law in Nigeria❗️❗️❗️😕😕😕

Didn't you know Christmas was coming❓❓

As for your child, you had 9 months
to prepare...

You better park well & go and
get that bag of rice.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
What's is this one saying? Some family issues aren't worth discussing in a public domain. Kids would always spill trash to derail the discussion.

Anyone who goes against your line of thought is a kid grin only kids process their thought that way grin
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2023
DeLaRue:

Haba, divorce just like that smiley

It is annoying to find oneself in such scenario, how on Earth will an adult not been able to process and take right decision. It baffles me sometime.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by intruder15(m): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
Valoromega:
My wife and I are expecting our first child, so currently I'm saving up money before the baby comes, we are also trying to get baby things of almost 400k.

But she wants me to buy Christmas rice for her mom. I've already decided that I'm not buying anything for anyone this December, including my own mom. But she wants me to buy for her mom which I refused becauze my baby is more important.
Mind you, she has elder ones who can't even get anything for their mom this December (she's the youngest). I just lied to her that I'm broke and I don't have any money. But I have close to 1.7 million which I want I to save for the baby and also get a car for when the baby comes.

I'm I making the right decision by ignoring everyone this December or should I take like 100k and just buy a bag of rice and share to the mom.

Personally I don't want to spend a dime on anyone because my child is the most important thing right now

I dunno if I will say women generally or some women. How they reason is shocking to the sane mind. If it will not spoil anything, remove the 100k and get rice for both mums. Yours and hers. Channel the rest to your child.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2023
tellwisdom:
Foolish boi.. you get 1.7 mills and u never buy me beer? Abi u want make that money disappear??

grin , this off me grin grin
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by intruder15(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

But OP you did not try, you have a whooping sum of 1.7m I see no reason why you shouldn't allow ur mother in law have atleast 1m outta the money. and since the budget for the baby is 400k, you'd be left with 300k. Man you'll still have alot at ur disposal

Wanted to ask if you were okay. Then I remembered it's none of my business. My prayer for you is that you will get married someday. Then read this your comment afterwards. Maybe na cruise you de catch. My bad.
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Coolgent(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
Valoromega:
My wife and I are expecting our first child, so currently I'm saving up money before the baby comes, we are also trying to get baby things of almost 400k.

But she wants me to buy Christmas rice for her mom. I've already decided that I'm not buying anything for anyone this December, including my own mom. But she wants me to buy for her mom which I refused becauze my baby is more important.
Mind you, she has elder ones who can't even get anything for their mom this December (she's the youngest). I just lied to her that I'm broke and I don't have any money. But I have close to 1.7 million which I want I to save for the baby and also get a car for when the baby comes.

I'm I making the right decision by ignoring everyone this December or should I take like 100k and just buy a bag of rice and share to the mom.

Personally I don't want to spend a dime on anyone because my child is the most important thing right now

My two cents advice...
Withdraw 100k, spend 50k for your mum 20k or 25k for your mother inlaw
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by stormborn28(m): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

The most foolish advice I have seen this year...what a record
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Boobysmith: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2023
Zonefree:

A wife that can't afford one bag of rice for her mother is a BIG liability to her husband.

- A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him.

- Same man will pay bride price

- Same man will organize and foot the weeding bills.

- Same man will pay for hospital bills

- Same man will also take care of the wife's family

All just for procreation? undecided

Wetin man dey gain for marriage
sometimes is not worth it, especially if your partner taking you for granted

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Dicta18: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
Are you that poor? Rice?

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by writeprof(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
Valoromega:

It's very compulsory you send something to your MOTHER and MOTHER IN LAW especially this Christmas season, EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE. BUT YOU EVEN HAVE. You don't need your wife to prompt you. It's part of what makes a married man, a responsible person. I did exactly that today. The amount is inconsequential but the results are what will make your marriage enjoyable. Please, be careful of not creating enemies for your unborn child, it's too early. I hope the way you were saying "my baby, my baby ' is not the way you talk even to your wife about the child. WISDOM IS PROFITABLE TO DIRECT. GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Kavod: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2023
ikeno:
Oga, show love by buying a big of rice and share to both families it will not prevent you from getting things you will need for your baby. Beside, she will be the one to come and do umugwo for you baby
THIS OP, I DE SHAME FOR AM... FIRST TO EVEN BRING THIS KIND YEYE FAMILY MATTER COME PUBLIC AND TWO NA SAY ITS JUST 50K FOR BAG OF RICE, E NOR KNOW SAY E MARRY THE HOUSE BABY....I HAVE 1.7... I HAVE BUDGETED 400K FOR BABY THINGS.... INSECURE MAN WHEN FEEL SAY E NA DISCIPLINED AND STRATEGIC GURU.
SHE HAS ELDER ONE WHO CANNOT BUY ANYTHING FOR THEIR MOTHER.. HOW IMM TAKE KNOW? THIS NA VERY LOW LEVEL OF THINKING..... JUST IMAGINE...... RICE..... ABEG MAKE UNA ASK AM WETIN E FEEL SAY PEOPLE WHEN GET DOGS DE FEED THEIR DOGS.. BAG OF RICE WHEN FIT NOR REACH ONE MONTH TO FEED 5 HEALTHY DOGS. I NOR GET SAVINGS SELF... I MEAN ZERO NAIRA FOR MY OPAY BUT THOSE DOGS GO CHOP RICE AND MEAT TOMORROW....
THIS OP NA JUST SHAMELESS MAN

MODIFIED
E EVEN TALK SAY E NOR GO BUY FOR E OWN MAMA....
HMMMMMMN....

1 Like

Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Melagros(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2023
Offpointng:

You de try grin grin grin
Re: We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom by Melagros(m): 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
ikeno:
For sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uncle In-law Is Becoming Unbearable / 13 Questions Nigerian Parents Ask When You Say You’re Going To Visit A Friend / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.