Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment (30326 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Unveils Seven–Point Economic Master Plan / Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) / Tinubu With A Placard, Demands Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by iwaeda: 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, on Sunday said he would reserve all his observations about President Bola Tinubu’s administration until one year into his tenure in May 2024.

Soyinka described this as a personal policy of his, saying this one-year delay gives the President enough time to “make up” for lost grounds.

He said this when he paid a courtesy visit to the President who is holidaying in Lagos.

“Well, you know, something you may have noticed about me is that most heads of state, when they take office, I always leave them alone for about the first year…Because they need time.

“I know when they come in, they don’t start from ground zero. They often start even lower than ground zero and they have to make up.

“So, I’m adopting the same principle this time. When you see me next year, ask the same question again and listen to my answer,”
he explained.

Soyinka who called Sunday’s appearance an “embarrassing visit” said he approached the President with a seven-point agenda which he declined to reveal.

“I came here with a seven-point agenda. And we had a very thorough discussion on those items.

“Actually, it’s an embarrassing visit because when I visited him the last time, it was to try and persuade him not to run for office. I told Atiku and himself to please leave the ground so young people could run. That’s the last time we met about five years ago.

“So I came to see how he was doing after ignoring my advice. I came to see how both he and his wife were weathering Nigeria, and to wish them a Happy Christmas,” he explained.

Meanwhile, the Abia State Governor, Dr Alex Otti, who also visited Tinubu in Lagos, urged Nigerians to remain patient saying the economic reforms will yield prosperity if sustained.

Otti said “One thing is that he has a very courageous, unifying the exchange rate and then removing subsidy which actually had become a scam and costing us a lot of money.

“Those policies are good but then they come with the negative sides. They come with challenges for an economy where over 60 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.

“So it’s not going to be easy, immediately. But I believe that if we are patient and if we go through the policies without compromising that over time, things will turn around.”

https://punchng.com/wole-soyinka-visits-tinubu-with-seven-point-agenda-reserves-presidents-assessment/

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by TemplarLandry: 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2023
cool Great move!

Gbajuę geng won't like this.

I dedicate “Final Answer” by BNXN feat. Popcaan to them.
Great jam!

81 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Lastmankc(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

209 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by McLizbae: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
“So I came to see how he was doing after ignoring my advice." Lols

Prof. and his humorous disposition sometimes...

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by festacman(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
What President Tinubu needs now is not any broad AGENDA. We have gone past that stage. Even those broad stuff in Renewed Hope Manifesto haven't help anybody.

He needs practical ideas to develop specific policies and programs to tackle specific problems especially economic. That's what is lacking.

Meanwhile, this is wishing all Nairalanders a merry Christmas.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by LegendHero(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
One of the most notable Nigerian ever Prof. Wole Soyinka, glad you visit the president.

The friendship runs back long ago and I’m sure you’ll be blunt in your discussion with him as you always are.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by LordIsaac(m): 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
This is commendable. At least, they are told what is expected.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 12:36am On Dec 25, 2023
He’s joined the partisan train already.. .. nothing wrong with a partisan citizen….but to attack others who supported another candidate when you are codedly supporting your own candidate … is pure hypocrisy

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by abdeefggh: 1:26am On Dec 25, 2023
I believe President Tinubu will do what is right

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Alexis11: 1:36am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

Lol everything is insult and tribal to you guys. So people that admire Wole Soyinka will see this and support your presidential candidate or what? grin

If Soyinka protested in 2012, your father or grandfather should do the same in 2023.

106 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Alexis11: 1:40am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:
He’s joined the partisan train already.. .. nothing wrong with a partisan citizen….but to attack others who supported another candidate when you are codedly supporting your own candidate … is pure hypocrisy

Did Soyinka ever insult you guys until you all started hurling invectives on his personality?

You all wanted to make it looked like it is an offence not to support your fraudulent mini Messiah. grin

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BiaflaOrDeath: 1:51am On Dec 25, 2023
Obidients wil not recognize tilumbu as the president grin

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by jahsharon: 2:20am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:

Mention one person in your family who is qualified to be Wole Soyinka's housemaid

He fought Yakubu Gowon
He fought Murtala Muhammed
He fought General Olusegun Obasanjo
He fought Sheu Shagari
He fought General Muhammadu Buhari
He fought Ibrahim Babangida
He fought Sani Abacha
He fought Abdulsalami Abubakar
He fought Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
He fought Musa Yar'Adua
He fought Goatluck Jonaddaft
He fought Mumumodu Buhari

Is it not time for him to rest at 87 years?

Now tell.me, what were your parents doing within that time that Wole Soyinka was fighting for a better future for you?

111 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by NewDea4: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2023
No pictures of the whiskery old fart?
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 3:38am On Dec 25, 2023
LegendHero:
One of the most notable Nigerian ever Prof. Wole Soyinka, glad you visit the president.

The friendship runs back long ago and I’m sure you’ll be blunt in your discussion with him as you always are.

He advised him not to run. He didn't listen to friendly advice.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 3:42am On Dec 25, 2023
jahsharon:

Mention one person in your family who is qualified to be Wole Soyinka's housemaid

He fought Yakubu Gowon
He fought Sheu Shagari
He fought Sani Abacha
He fought Musa Yar'Adua

Now tell.me, what were your parents doing within that time that Wole Soyinka was fighting for a better future for you?

How his fights benefit you?. He fought for nothing positive. Being an academic giant doesn't make you a good leader. I still respect Gani Fawehinmi and Tai Solarin more than him.. Dele Farotimi is my favourite yoruba leader now.

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by olril17(m): 3:59am On Dec 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Great move!

Gbajuę geng won't like this.

I dedicate “Final Answer” by BNXN feat. Popcaan to them.
Great jam!
Arindin 😎

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by olril17(m): 4:01am On Dec 25, 2023
jahsharon:

He fought Yakubu Gowon
He fought Sheu Shagari
He fought Sani Abacha
He fought Musa Yar'Adua

I am yet to meet a Tinubu supporter that have sense😎

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by olril17(m): 4:03am On Dec 25, 2023
LegendHero:

Why can’t your own father start the protest? Is he not old enough?

You expect a 89 year old Wole Soyinka to jump on the street for you when your own grandpa can just start the process?
U no kuku get sense before ✅

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by happney65: 4:09am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Thank you.

The Man is one hell of an hypocrite. Hiding under big English yet you're nothing but an hypocrite

Nonesense

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 4:09am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Did Soyinka ever insulted you guys until you all started hurling invectives on his personality?

You all wanted to make it looked like it is an offense not to support your fraudulent mini Messiah. grin
‘Did Soyinka ever insulted’ clearly gave it away in regard to your level of education and cognitive ability.
Yes, he started calling other people names first. Nobody attacked him first .
Now that your big Messiah has won, can you ask him to fix things for his voters. Have u purchased Naira today?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by kunle4toyeyaho: 4:11am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:
How is he partisans here? He said he would not make any comment about PBAT administration until the administration is a year old in office,he said that has been his personal policy since the days of OBJ

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Alexis11: 4:16am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

‘Did Soyinka ever insulted’ clearly gave it away your level of education and cognitive ability.
Yes, he started calling other people names. Nobody attacked him.
Now that your big Messiah has won, can you ask him to fix things for his voters. Have u purchased Naira today?

Whether you like it or not, not everyone will succumb to your nonsense blackmail. Tinubu still remains far better candidate compared to Obi and others.

I have not purchased naira today, I am waiting for for naira to get to 5000/$ first. Hopefully we will see that pretty soon so that we can both be happy.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Obakoolex(m): 4:23am On Dec 25, 2023
NewDea4:
No pictures of the whiskery old fart?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by LegendHero(m): 4:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

He advised him not to run. He didn't listen to friendly advice.

Not all advice are meant to be adhered to.

Why should Jagaban listen to his friend when he is very sure of the success rate of his ambition?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by raskymonojendor: 4:32am On Dec 25, 2023
BiaflaOrDeath:
😂😂😂

Those ones are irrelevant in the scheme of things. They were just useful idiots for Alex Otti.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by LegendHero(m): 4:40am On Dec 25, 2023
BiaflaOrDeath:

Don’t mind those kids.

They’ll delude themselves online while their leaders crawl in the middle of the night to pay homage to Jagaban.

I kinda like the SE governors of this period. From Soludo to Otti to Peter Mbah, they are not playing politics of bitterness and senselessness like we know politicians from that region.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by LegendHero(m): 4:40am On Dec 25, 2023
jahsharon:

He fought Yakubu Gowon
He fought Sheu Shagari
He fought Sani Abacha
He fought Musa Yar'Adua

They are obviously complaining about Nigeria when everyone else was progressing which explained why the boy inherit the complaint to the extent of waiting on a 87 years old man to lead a protest for his generation.

23 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Fuel Scarcity - Where Are These Sets Of People? / Nigerians Prefer Imported Ladies To Made-in-nigeria Women - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.