Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment (30335 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Unveils Seven–Point Economic Master Plan / Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) / Tinubu With A Placard, Demands Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 4:40am On Dec 25, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
How is he partisans here? He said he would not make any comment about PBAT administration until the administration is a year old in office,he said that has been his personal policy since the days of OBJ
Your convenient memory is not memorizing at all. He started attacking PO and his supporters first. He also started criticizing the legal pursuit of PO and his team thru the court system…. when the case was still in court.. he’s a noble laureate, but with zero legal experience. Making some subjudice statements when a matter is in court is sheer rascality and hypocrisy on his part.

He was protesting and critical of GEJ… how many times did he protest against GMB?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by dominic17: 4:46am On Dec 25, 2023
I am see all these Ronu propaganda personal running riot on this thread. Please noted their names they are Tinubu paid agents to confuse sane people that is what they do for living , please don't take they opinions serious

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by kunle4toyeyaho: 4:57am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Your convenient memory is not memorizing at all. He started attacking PO and his supporters first. He also started criticizing the legal pursuit of PO and his team thru the court system…. when the case was still in court.. he’s a noble laureate, but with zero legal experience. Making some subjudice statements when a matter is in court is sheer rascality and hypocrisy on his part.

He was protesting and critical if GEJ… how many times did he protest against GMB?
Did he criticise GEJ when he was less than a year in office? Who told you he would not be critical of PBAT after he is 1-year in office.Learn to comprehend before making irrelevant comments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 5:02am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Whether you like it or not, not everyone will succumb to your nonsense blackmail. Tinubu still remains far better candidate compared to Obi and others.

I have not purchased naira today, I am waiting for for naira to get to 5000/$ first. Hopefully we will see that pretty soon so that we can both be happy.
Ask your candidate to start acting like his party has been in power for the last 9 years.. you and your ilk can pick and choose when to play opposition or party in power. Now that you have won, go ahead and fix things for your voters.. they’re not asking for too much.
They ONLY way you can claim to be a better president is by besting GMB’s records.. for now, your candidate is waay behind lol
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 5:03am On Dec 25, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
Did he criticise GEJ when he was less than a year in office? Who told you he would not be critical of PBAT after he is 1-year in office.Learn to comprehend before making irrelevant comments
Story.. tell us. Tell us when he marched against GMB
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Godfullsam(m): 5:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

You hide behind your old dilapidated phone to call an old man foolish?

Even GEJ can not call Soyinka a foolish man.
Your parents did a terrible job in training you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BreconHills(m): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

How his fights benefit you?. He fought for nothing positive. Being an academic giant doesn't make you a good leader. I still respect Gani Fawehinmi and Tai Solarin more than him.. Dele Farotimi is my favourite yoruba leader now.

The point he was making is that the man has been consistent. Gani Fawehimi and Tai Solarin are quite different and their wars are quite different. Gani fought from the grounds of equitable legality. Tai wanted access for the underprivileged class. He got it when IBB granted him chairmanship of the Peoples Bank. He retired from that position following the collapse of The People's Bank when he realised that poverty did not make a man more righteous than others. Most of Peoples Bank loans to the poor were never repaid leading to the collapse of the bank.

Wole Soyinka fought government with his intellect and Nobel prize on the international stage. He started off fighting for equity on the local stage but soon learned that Nigerian governments were more moved by the opinion of the international community and that is where his fight is. Carefully worded WS statements can lower a countries risk and credit rating.

As for the Farotimi - let's see what he does over the next three election cycles. Speaking against a candidate and preferring another does not sound like thought leadership to me. It sounds like personal opinion being highlighted by specific media in this case Arise TV.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Godfullsam(m): 5:59am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:
He’s joined the partisan train already.. .. nothing wrong with a partisan citizen….but to attack others who supported another candidate when you are codedly supporting your own candidate … is pure hypocrisy

But this is what you igbos always do.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Godfullsam(m): 6:07am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

How his fights benefit you?. He fought for nothing positive. Being an academic giant doesn't make you a good leader. I still respect Gani Fawehinmi and Tai Solarin more than him.. Dele Farotimi is my favourite yoruba leader now.

Dele Farotimi, because he is sympathetic to Obi and the Obidients cause abi?
Why not include Rufai Iseni? Oh, you don't know he is yoruba too?

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Beraphiu(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

it is a pity we appreciate the dead more than the living, you will also miss him when he is no more

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Desusi: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Great move!

Gbajuę geng won't like this.

I dedicate “Final Answer” by BNXN feat. Popcaan to them.
Great jam!
But where are the seven points agenda?
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by KrisUc(m): 6:26am On Dec 25, 2023
Baba has gone to collect his Christmas chicken and bag of rice

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 6:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Beraphiu:
it is a pity we appreciate the dead more than the living, you will also miss him when he is no more

Dele Farotimi is still alive.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by SonOfDSoil01: 6:33am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Did Soyinka ever insulted you guys until you all started hurling invectives on his personality?

You all wanted to make it looked like it is an offense not to support your fraudulent mini Messiah. grin
don’t mind flat head and hypocrisy, they were expecting everyone to support their gbajue master grin anyone against him was seen an enemy, that was were their problem started from. Before election they insult both the Yorubas and hause forgetting this were the people that makeup the numbers if you wanted to win any national election😂

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Jaycee07(m): 6:33am On Dec 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Great move!

Gbajuę geng won't like this.

I dedicate “Final Answer” by BNXN feat. Popcaan to them.
Great jam!

Professor Wole Akiwande Soyinka is a tribal bigot.
Period.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 6:34am On Dec 25, 2023
Godfullsam:

Dele Farotimi, because he is sympathetic to Obi and the Obidients cause abi?
Why not include Rufai Iseni? Oh, you don't know he is yoruba too?

Dele has been consistent about his views even before Obi. I don't know much about Oseni and his ideas until last election period. Dele was SU leader in LASU in 80s.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by SonOfDSoil01: 6:39am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

grin mgbeke feeling funky…who your respect epp? He doesn’t even know you exist😂

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by yommen: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

No body supported fuel subsidy removal in 2012 and eventually in 2023. We all want our fuel subsidy but you the president are the one to stand your ground because you know what it entails. You see what we don't see and you should be able to stand your ground. That's what Tinubu did that Jonathan could not do. The way even GEJ himself broke the news was odd. He broke it during new year celebration which trapped a lot of people in the place they went to celebrate New year. Many were also preparing to pay school fees. Jonathan in himself was a good leader but he is too soft as a person. You can't attain positions of power and be that soft. You must be firm. So, you blaming Soyinka for Jonathan's inaction is an act of high level ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Bashirkareem31: 6:41am On Dec 25, 2023
olril17:

I am still yet to meet a Tinubu supporter that have sense😎
you've sense and you are using "still" and "yet" together.Muniru

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by SonOfDSoil01: 6:42am On Dec 25, 2023
happney65:

Thank you.

The Man is one hell of an hypocrite. Hiding under big English yet you're nothing but an hypocrite

Nonesense
grin pained loser, just because he didn’t support your gbajue messiah…keep crying😂

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by soccerlite: 6:43am On Dec 25, 2023
abdeefggh:
I believe President Tinubu will do what is right

When everyone innocent nigerians is killed and politicians
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 6:44am On Dec 25, 2023
BreconHills:

The point he was making is that the man has been consistent. Gani Fawehimi and Tai Solarin are quite different and their wars are quite different. Gani fought from the grounds of equitable legality. Tai wanted access for the underprivileged class. He got it when IBB granted him chairmanship of the Peoples Bank. He retired from that position following the collapse of The People's Bank when he realised that poverty did not make a man more righteous than others. Most of Peoples Bank loans to the poor were never repaid leading to the collapse of the bank.

Wole Soyinka fought government with his intellect and Nobel prize on the international stage. He started off fighting for equity on the local stage but soon learned that Nigerian governments were more moved by the opinion of the international community and that is where his fight is. Carefully worded WS statements can lower a countries risk and credit rating.

As for the Farotimi - let's see what he does over the next three election cycles. Speaking against a candidate and preferring another does not sound like thought leadership to me. It sounds like personal opinion being highlighted by specific media in this case Arise TV.

He fought against subsidy removal like a mad. I know soyinka . Anybody that schooled in OAU in 90 and 00s would understand Soyinka more. OAU used to worship him. He endorsed Buhari . He advised Tinubu not to run but still supported him. He has been consistent unti he supported Buhari..Gani fought Tinubu till he died of cancer.

I have read Dele books and I know what he stands for. He is more of political activitist than Gani who is both political and human right activist.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Kingluqman(m): 6:45am On Dec 25, 2023
McLizbae:
“So I came to see how he was doing after ignoring my advice." Lols

Prof. and his humorous disposition sometimes...
The man was like "I said don't run, and he didn't listen" grin

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by soccerlite: 6:46am On Dec 25, 2023
yommen:

No body supported fuel subsidy removal in 2012 and eventually in 2023. We all want our fuel subsidy but you the president are the one to stand your ground because you know what it entails. You see what we don't see and you should be able to stand your ground. That's what Tinubu did that Jonathan could not do. The way even GEJ himself broke the news was odd. He broke it during new year celebration which trapped a lot of people in the place they went to celebrate New year. Many were also preparing to pay school fees. Jonathan in himself was a good leader but he is too soft as a person. You can't attain positions of power and be that soft. You must be firm. So, you blaming Soyinka for Jonathan's inaction is an act of high level ignorance.

Hypocrite

You will not find mercy if you don't remove this silly comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Sevenworldpower(m): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
grin mgbeke feeling funky…who your respect epp? He doesn’t even know you exist😂

Mentally deranged APC supporters see everyone who contradicts their views as Igbo. Yekini olodo rabata, ori eja lo mo je.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by seguno2: 6:48am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:

Is he not one of those wisemen who helped Tinubu package the Abacha PTF a-looter comrade into the incorruptible messiah to further wreck our country and loot our treasury

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by McLizbae: 6:49am On Dec 25, 2023
The man was like "I said don't run, and he didn't listen". Now he ran and nothing happened and there nothing Prof. can do😂😂🤣🤣
Kingluqman:
The man was like "I said don't run, and he didn't listen" grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by soccerlite: 6:49am On Dec 25, 2023
May the judgement of God rise upon all of you

All of you will not escape God's judgement

God will visit the pains of the innocent on your generation

All of you will die a painful death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by seguno2: 6:52am On Dec 25, 2023
yommen:

Balablu town hall defence of the indefensible, something that progressive man of integrity Fayemi confessed they played politics with, using smart people like Femi Falana, SAN Pastor Tunde Bakare, Femi Kuti etc to achieve?
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 6:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Godfullsam:

But this is what you igbos always do.
What have Igbos got to do with attacks . Obj his fellow kinsman, supports and endorses candidate every election cycle… but he never attack his opponents’ voters and followers… your Soyinka went below the belt and started attacking PO followers and voters… and PO never for once attacked him… can you explain to us.. why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Man In Court For Trespassing On Obasanjo’s Land In Ota, Ogun / Father Ejike Mbaka Is Back - Adoration Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.