Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment (30381 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Unveils Seven–Point Economic Master Plan / Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) / Tinubu With A Placard, Demands Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Becomrichn: 7:02am On Dec 25, 2023
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by onuman: 7:15am On Dec 25, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/wole-soyinka-visits-tinubu-with-seven-point-agenda-reserves-presidents-assessment/

Nobody expects Wole Soyinka, or any other person, to remind President Tinubu that the 36 states and Abuja political structure of Nigeria with 20 states in one northern region but a meagre 17 states in the two southern regions, is a huge fraud which has denied political and economic development for Nigeria.
After all, as governor of Lagos State, Tinubu crisscrossed all the SW region asking for political restructuring of Nigeria between 1999-2007. Tinubu was one of the few southern politicians who understood the fraud in the political structure created successively from 1967-1996 by northern military dictators.
Land mass or population figures is NEVER used as criterion to proliferate undue large number of new federating units like states or local government areas and legislative seats in a region with large land mass or high population, in a country earlier formed by different regions.
For fairness, there should have been equal number of states between the SW, Northern and Eastern regions of Nigeria that formed independent Nigeria in 1960.

Tasking the National Assembly to regig the skewed political structure is a no brainer.
Sovereignty belongs to the people. Therefore, a Sovereign National Conference will be ideal for political restructuring of Nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by olril17(m): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2023
Bashirkareem31:
you've sense and you are using "still" and "yet" together.Muniru
Is that your father’s name?
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BigIyanga: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
How is he partisans here? He said he would not make any comment about PBAT administration until the administration is a year old in office,he said that has been his personal policy since the days of OBJ
He uninvitedly dabbled into Naija politics by calling PO supporters names… doubled down by calling PO supporters tribal even though he won 1/3 of the country like his kinsman.

He also attacked PO for taking legal route to challenge the election result… even though his previous candidates.. Olu Falae and GMB had taken the same route to challenge OBJ’ s victories …’never at any time did he criticize Olu Falae and GMB from going to court.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by creativehubb: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2023
I like Soyinka, he is always demanding from presidents and political leaders, a true activist.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Otolomo1(m): 7:41am On Dec 25, 2023
If he is idiot
Wetin be your father?
Your father wey cant Garner 5%of his achievement?
Shebi na person wey go school can achieve near what he had... Idiot...
Am sorry for including your father, that is not the way I do my thing, am well trained that I should alwayss respect elder... You have to renew your proper home training.... Home training is what you lack...
Am sorry
Lastmankc:
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Gbogbowa: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2023
I will also give Soyinka one year before I make comments
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Iseoluwani: 7:49am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:
Foolish cultist.He was protesting against Gej in 2012 when he removed fuel subsidy.But the idiot can't do anything when his tribesman did the same thing.

i agree with everything you have said, but NOT FOOLISH CULTIST.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by fx45(m): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2023
BiaflaOrDeath:
Obidients wil not recognize tilumbu as the president grin
You cannot force yourself on Nigerians and believe you can deliver good leadership. The druggie will eventually sink the country. Tulumbu is the worst President in the history of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by seguno2: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2023
onuman:
Nobody expects Wole Soyinka, or any other person, to remind President Tinubu that the 36 states and Abuja political structure of Nigeria with 20 states in one northern region but a meagre 17 states in the two southern regions, is a huge fraud which has denied political and economic development for Nigeria.
After all, as governor of Lagos State, Tinubu crisscrossed all the SW region asking for political restructuring of Nigeria between 1999-2007. Tinubu was one of the few southern politicians who understood the fraud in the political structure created successively from 1967-1996 by northern military dictators.
Land mass or population figures is NEVER used as criterion to proliferate undue large number of new federating units like states or local government areas and legislative seats in a region with large land mass or high population, in a country earlier formed by different regions.
For fairness, there should have been equal number of states between the SW, Northern and Eastern regions of Nigeria that formed independent Nigeria in 1960.

Tasking the National Assembly to regig the skewed political structure is a no brainer.
Sovereignty belongs to the people. Therefore, a Sovereign National Conference will be ideal for political restructuring of Nigeria.

What came out of Obasanjo’s and Jonathan’s sovereign conferences?

What was your input in the last amendment to the constitution?

When you are ready, you will do enough advocacy work on your own senator and representative to make the amendments that you want to make the country look like your own desires.

Until then……….
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Jayokey: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2023
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/wole-soyinka-visits-tinubu-with-seven-point-agenda-reserves-presidents-assessment/
Which seven points agenda?. Just collect your Christmas money and continue to keep quiet. I can't stop thinking if this Wole is the same Wole during Jonathan's time
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by IfnobeGod20: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Did Soyinka ever insulted you guys until you all started hurling invectives on his personality?

You all wanted to make it looked like it is an offense not to support your fraudulent mini Messiah. grin
Prof. Soyinka was the first person to have attacked obidients and I did said it that time that he was looking for trouble when there is none. He attacked obidients, attacked Obi and all his supporters and that was the genesis of the rain of attacks to his person and what he represent.
You cannot continue to be selective in your approach as a statesman and expect those you're attacking to have respect for you. Ko possible.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Banhammy717: 7:57am On Dec 25, 2023
I stand to be corrected.
I think this is the first time Soyinka will visit any Nigeria President

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by jaxxy(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:

This is unnecessary. it's not all about tribeman.

Gej failed woefully when he had alot going for him. Gej inherit the best economy from Obasanjo and Yaradua

Buhari inherited a worse state of economy due to mismanagement and corruption under GEJ reason people where patient with him bt made the economy even worse.

As for tinubu he didn't support tinubu he just wasn't against him or for anybody which by how controversial the elections played out it looked like he was in support of the attacks and was bias bt he actually wasn't.

The problem with Obidients is they are not very diplomatic and very critical even though its understandable at this crucial time bt definitely not the best approach in every situation.

Yes Prof wole Soyinka has disappointed but his intentions are generally good and for a better Nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Paramount01(m): 7:58am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Lol everything is insult to you guys. So people that admire Wole Soyinka will see this and support your presidential candidate or what? grin

If Soyinka protested in 2012, your father or grandfather should do the same in 2023.

Soyinka don't even have the strength again, let his father do the protest now
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Originalsly: 7:58am On Dec 25, 2023
I don't believe this is from Soyinka. Since when one can read a whole paragraph ... in fact two paragraphs written by Soyinka without diving into a dictionary to find the meanings of words? This couldn't be from him
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Jayhome24: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2023
Lastmankc:

Hahahahaha so same Soyinka you were praising at a point thinking he supported Gringory now your enemy?

Yea during Jonathan those malams haven't bastardized our oil sector these much but right now the oil sector is almost dead with the way the Mallams battered it so I totally support the removal of subsidy it profit no one than the cabals so it was a different ball game during my man (Jonathan) era bro.

And by the way stop involving tribe in everything. I think all elders in your family are all dead that is why you just opened your mouth to be insulting
riders anyhow.

I'm die hard and unrepentant Jonathan supporter anyday any moment I stand with Gej.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by onuman: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2023
seguno2:

What came out of Obasanjo’s and Jonathan’s sovereign conferences?

What was your input in the last amendment to the constitution?

When you are ready, you will do enough advocacy work on your own senator and representative to make the amendments that you want to make the country look like your own desires.

Until then……….

Which country exists with a political structure and constitution crafted by military dictators from one of the three regions of the country? Nigeria is unique, with a political structure and constitution that are fraudulent.
After proliferating legislative seats for the northern region accruing from the undue large number of states created by northern military dictators in the Northern region, your type now asks people from the south to come to the National Assembly for needed political restructuring of Nigeria. Intelligence by half.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by BreconHills(m): 8:10am On Dec 25, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

He fought against subsidy removal like a mad. I know soyinka . Anybody that schooled in OAU in 90 and 00s would understand Soyinka more. OAU used to worship him. He endorsed Buhari . He advised Tinubu not to run but still supported him. He has been consistent unti he supported Buhari..Gani fought Tinubu till he died of cancer.

I have read Dele books and I know what he stands for. He is more of political activitist than Gani who is both political and human right activist.

Is there any leader that Gani did not fight? He fought Gowon, OBJ as well, But there are parts of his fight that are not as well known. I used his amazing law library to prepare for my first independent case in court in the 80's. He was the first lawyer to produce indigenous case law that strengthened Nigerian jurisprudence. Before that we were tied to the apron strings of the All England law reports. His will was also radical and it included the demolition of the library and law chambers. Today it is a small estate called Gani Fawehimi Court.

Human activists are rarely ever forgotten. Political activists on the other hand are more remembered for fighting systems not people. So like I said I trust God to live long enough to see and hear more from Faramoti so we can all understand what system he is fighting and what he sees as a replacement because all the three major political candidates in 2023 were major players in the military's imposed 1999 constitution. They are are all major beneficiaries of that era.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by olril17(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2023
Paramount01:

Every mad man will always thing every other person is mad, the same with you, every Tinubu support don't have sense because sense is Absence in your DNA
Lol. Alailopoloo
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Kukutenla: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
How is he partisans here? He said he would not make any comment about PBAT administration until the administration is a year old in office,he said that has been his personal policy since the days of OBJ
But he attacked Jonathan in early 2012 when the administration was less than a year in office

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by flokii: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2023
Prof. Wole Soyinka should add 6 months to make it 1 year and 6 months to be fair on President Tinubu.. the ab0kis under Buhari almost killed Nigeria, looting treasury like it's no man's business.

This country is really blessed to stibb be standing till date.. thieves are just too much in the political class.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by NinjaMetahuman: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2023
jahsharon:

Mention one person in your family who is qualified to be Wole Soyinka's housemaid

He fought Yakubu Gowon
He fought Murtala Muhammed
He fought General Olusegun Obasanjo
He fought Sheu Shagari
He fought General Muhammadu Buhari
He fought Ibrahim Babangida
He fought Sani Abacha
He fought Abdulsalami Abubakar
He fought Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
He fought Musa Yar'Adua
He fought Goatluck Jonaddaft
He fought Mumumodu Buhari

Is it not time for him to rest at 87 years?

Now tell.me, what were your parents doing within that time that Wole Soyinka was fighting for a better future for you?
like stupid children brainwashed by the most annoying movement in Nigerian history have taken over social media stage.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by Layi4real(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2023
if u think it is very easy for Tinubu to build this country up Nd make it a working nation within this short period of time then try building up Ur life first Nd achieve all Ur life goals within a short period of time too.....
many people here can't even control there family well not to talk of controling an organisation

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by NOwazobia: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2023
Yoruba political prof has spoken as the Agbaya Prof he is. undecided

Well, as Laurette money no kon dey enough, na to romance Tinubu for extra crumbs.
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by 2elliot: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2023
Alexis11:

Did Soyinka ever insulted you guys until you all started hurling invectives on his personality?

You all wanted to make it looked like it is an offense not to support your fraudulent mini Messiah. grin
gbaun
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by MightySparrow: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2023
BigIyanga:
He’s joined the partisan train already.. .. nothing wrong with a partisan citizen….but to attack others who supported another candidate when you are codedly supporting your own candidate … is pure hypocrisy

I guess you are of the tribe that wake their parents with a kick, shey?
Re: Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment by bluefilm: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2023
Supporters of nonsense angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Tells Saraki: Resign Or We’ll Force You Out / Olorunrinu: 'Nigerians Should Beg Tinubu To Contest 2023 Presidency’ / Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.