Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow (30943 Views)

Osinbajo & His Wife, Dolapo Shows "Love" At Pres. Buhari Inauguration [Photos] / Nkechi Ikpeazu Gifts A Widow Living In A Half-built Tarpaulin-mud, A New House / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by money121(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
Our Love Story was That of 'Love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow

"I met my husband in Enugu, he was a youth corper then in Enugu. I was also posted to Enugu. So a friend of mine visited me and she came along with her boyfriend who also came along with my husband. That was how we met and it was love at first sight. I think people frown at love at first sight but it worked for us.

I fell in love with his broad shoulders. Then he was really looking very cute. I can still remember what he was wearing that day – a red shirt, long sleeves and jeans trousers. That was 37 years ago. He couldn’t even take me out because he didn’t have money as a youth corper. It was quite magnetic and that was it.

There is a 3-year age difference between us. I am older than him anyway. I was like 25 then while he was 22. It was love that really endured. I had graduated and in my place (Owerri) when a girl graduates from the University suitors come from left, right and centre. And your parents would expect you to go for a made man with everything, but I have always known that there was no way I could have married a self-made man. I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"

Rest On Aketi

Mrs Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu
Former First Lady of Ondo State

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by money121(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
Love sweet

But

Verily we belong to Allah, and verily to Him do we return

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Tjra: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
Rest on Aketi cry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by NoSmoking: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
Not bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by slivertongue: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
love is wonderful. love breaks barriers.

12 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Ireportlive: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2023
She survived breast cancer, with Akeredolu close by her all through her journey to remove the cancerous cells

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Totilopussylick(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
Cheers for the update tongue
Ireportlive:
She survived breast cancer, with Akeredolu close by her all through her journey to remove the cancerous cells

11 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by chopnaira: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Awwww. So romantic. She must be hurting right now. May God grant their family the fortitude to bear the loss.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by LegendHero(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2023
For the love of Aketi, I won't say what is on my mind.

He should continue to gallantly rest in peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by chopnaira: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
slivertongue:
love is wonderful. love breaks barriers.
It does break barriers. Even though I have my reservations about how she hijacked the state in the last few years past, It's all bygone now. I only pray God comforts her.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by bennybuhari: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
I feel her pain but she didn't do well in Aketi's last days

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by decatalyst(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
Sweet story.

I am sure she really enjoyed her love life. May the Lord console her.

I pray that all good women fall in love with good and caring men. That's how love can be enjoyed

31 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by NwokoloOwa: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2023
Why are some people attacking Betty? I can't understand. I suspect that because she and her husband were impregnable and their marriage heavily fortified by their love and respect, some just had to hate the woman, Betty.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by crackhouse(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
RIP bro
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by FeliciaOja(f): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Akeredolu was one of the most handsome and smooth looking governors in Nigeria
With his classic white beards.

I really feel for this woman, this will truly hurt

P.s
I have noticed that Yoruba and Igbo love dey strong well well.
Especially if the guy is Yoruba and the woman is from Igbo.

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by chopnaira: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
NwokoloOwa:
Why are some people attacking Betty? I can't understand. I suspect that because she and her husband were impregnable and their marriage heavily fortified by their love and respect, some just had to hate the woman, Betty.
Because at the later stage of Aketi's governance, she took control like in the case of Turai.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by GanagiBitrus: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Losing a loved one is always painful. You won't understand unless you've had the experience.

8 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by sylve11: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Didn't know she is an Igbo woman. Nice one.

Continue to journey well, Akeredolu. sad cool

3 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Nairalander248: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
money121:
Our Love Story was That of 'Love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow

"I met my husband in Enugu, he was a youth corper then in Enugu. I was also posted to Enugu. So a friend of mine visited me and she came along with her boyfriend who also came along with my husband. That was how we met and it was love at first sight. I think people frown at love at first sight but it worked for us.

I fell in love with his broad shoulders. Then he was really looking very cute. I can still remember what he was wearing that day – a red shirt, long sleeves and jeans trousers. That was 37 years ago. He couldn’t even take me out because he didn’t have money as a youth corper. It was quite magnetic and that was it.

There is a 3-year age difference between us. I am older than him anyway. I was like 25 then while he was 22. It was love that really endured. I had graduated and in my place (Owerri) when a girl graduates from the University suitors come from left, right and centre. And your parents would expect you to go for a made man with everything, but I have always known that there was no way I could have married a self-made man. I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"

Rest On Aketi

Mrs Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu
Former First Lady of Ondo State

Okay
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by tesppidd: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
Take heart Madam Aketi.

One never knows how it hurts to lose a much loved one till it happens to them.

May the soul of the departed rest peacefully.

26 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Itiskdg121(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
Love is beautiful
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Justiceleague1: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
Flokii is somewhere and has a different opinion grin

1 Like

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Antoeni(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
Story That Touch
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by bosstim(m): 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
See this one!!!! Who cares about your reservations
Park well jare
chopnaira:

It does break barriers. Even though I have my reservations about her, It's all past now. I only pray God comforts her.

9 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by makavalley(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
We are all here for a while , use the time you have here very well for humanity and God

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by dkidd: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
bennybuhari:
How do u mean
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by chopnaira: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
bennybuhari:
Gbam.

5 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Dpharisee: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
Tough woman, she pushed him beyond his limits just like Patience Jonathan did to GEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally: Footage Of Thugs Harassing Road Users In Lagos Today Emerges / Obasanjo, Ambode At 80th Birthday Of Adebutu / PDP Mega Rally In Katsina: Fayose, Secondus, Other PDP Officials Arrive State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.