Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow (30951 Views)

Osinbajo & His Wife, Dolapo Shows "Love" At Pres. Buhari Inauguration [Photos] / Nkechi Ikpeazu Gifts A Widow Living In A Half-built Tarpaulin-mud, A New House / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Sirianese: 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
money121:
Our Love Story was That of 'Love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow

"I met my husband in Enugu, he was a youth corper then in Enugu. I was also posted to Enugu. So a friend of mine visited me and she came along with her boyfriend who also came along with my husband. That was how we met and it was love at first sight. I think people frown at love at first sight but it worked for us.

I fell in love with his broad shoulders. Then he was really looking very cute. I can still remember what he was wearing that day – a red shirt, long sleeves and jeans trousers. That was 37 years ago. He couldn’t even take me out because he didn’t have money as a youth corper. It was quite magnetic and that was it.

There is a 3-year age difference between us. I am older than him anyway. I was like 25 then while he was 22. It was love that really endured. I had graduated and in my place (Owerri) when a girl graduates from the University suitors come from left, right and centre. And your parents would expect you to go for a made man with everything, but I have always known that there was no way I could have married a self-made man. I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"

Rest On Aketi

Mrs Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu
Former First Lady of Ondo State

I want to flex my love / I want to carry my love away!🎵🎵
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by XAUBulls: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
chopnaira:
Awwww. So romantic. She must be hurting right now. May God grant their family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Classic and timeless photographs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by XAUBulls: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
money121:

"I met my husband in Enugu, he was a youth corper then in Enugu. I was also posted to Enugu. So a friend of mine visited me and she came along with her boyfriend who also came along with my husband. That was how we met and it was love at first sight. I think people frown at love at first sight but it worked for us.

I fell in love with his broad shoulders. Then he was really looking very cute. I can still remember what he was wearing that day – a red shirt, long sleeves and jeans trousers. That was 37 years ago. He couldn’t even take me out because he didn’t have money as a youth corper. It was quite magnetic and that was it.

There is a 3-year age difference between us. I am older than him anyway. I was like 25 then while he was 22. It was love that really endured. I had graduated and in my place (Owerri) when a girl graduates from the University suitors come from left, right and centre. And your parents would expect you to go for a made man with everything, but I have always known that there was no way I could have married a self-made man. I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"

Rest On Aketi

Former First Lady of Ondo State.

A lovable eulogy.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Kingzjayzee: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
FeliciaOja:
Akeredolu was one of the most handsome and smooth looking governors in Nigeria
With his classic white beards.

I really feel for this woman, this will truly hurt

P.s
I have noticed that Yoruba and Igbo love dey strong well well.
Especially if the guy is Yoruba and the woman is from Igbo.
davido and chioma. grin

1 Like

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Okoroawusa: 12:47am On Dec 29, 2023
These days can a 25 year old, a graduate and working lady fall in love with a 22 year old recently graduated, Youth Corper young man who is not from her tribe, not from a well known family and fvcking broke? Those days are gone

2 Likes

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by GUNITGuy: 12:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Edusouls:
she is an Igbo woman keeping his family together for him till death, what most Yoruba women can’t even do, one reason most successful Yoruba men go for Igbo woman don’t mind Yorubas their tribalism is the worst in the whole Nigeria, I pity all those naive Igbo young women marrying there, in future they would understand their mistakes not now
Is she regretting ithow many Igbo women are regretting marriage to Yoruba men ...In my family None I can say ...
Makinde is married to a Kalabari woman for many years and they are still married
Ajimobi was married to also a Kalabari woman too
Davidos uncle is married to Ibo
Davido is married to ibo
Even one of Tinubu's son is also married to Ibo
What's the problem with you people ....
We all know what Psquare wife Lola faced in your hands if not for Peter taking his Stand she's gone for just being Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by GUNITGuy: 12:58am On Dec 29, 2023
Edusouls:
go tell am ur dead brother wey marry Igbo woman and became a very successful man in life u think ur wiser than him? Surely he would not be happy with the share disrespect of calling his own kids ugly, u just justified what I said about Yorubas, una tribalism, wickedness and divisive attitude is the worst in the whole nation, chameleon’s
Please don't respond to Some callous comments by some people they're not normal..
We are proud of his wife and her children and grateful to the wife for playing a great role in his life ...
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by GUNITGuy: 1:06am On Dec 29, 2023
Nonexisting1:
I will better build a home from the scratch with you because I want to have a say in my home"
Vaginarians from my state have this mentality of building with a man which is why they are still better than the rest today even with this current wave of hookups. You can never hear us call wives oriaku like Anambra people do. If you want a wife that will not come with urgent 2k mentality, come to Imo state and marry. It's that simple.
I had met a imo lady they do have that mentality indeed ..
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by MyAmericandream(f): 1:31am On Dec 29, 2023
flokii:

She used bedmatic skills to trap Arakurin, grip am well while locking legs around him.. we know the drill.
Love at first sight indeed.

They were together for almost 40years… stop this nonsense please.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by onuman: 1:55am On Dec 29, 2023
LegendHero:
For the love of Aketi, I won't say what is on my mind.

He should continue to gallantly rest in peace.

The antichrist in you wouldn't rest still.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by onuman: 2:00am On Dec 29, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Is she regretting ithow many Igbo women are regretting marriage to Yoruba men ...In my family None I can say ...
Makinde is married to a Kalabari woman for many years and they are still married
Ajimobi was married to also a Kalabari woman too
Davidos uncle is married to Ibo
Davido is married to ibo
Even one of Tinubu's son is also married to Ibo
What's the problem with you people ....
We all know what Psquare wife Lola faced in your hands if not for Peter taking his Stand she's gone for just being Yoruba
You don't know what love and marriage entails.

Igbos marry far away Oyibo women. Igbo man marriage to nearby Yoruba woman should be like eating jollof rice.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Tzar(m): 4:02am On Dec 29, 2023
Igbo women get weak in the knees when they see Yoruba men!
I know Igbo men hate this fact, but we Yoruba men can’t but love how Igbo women love us!
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Tunde835(m): 6:00am On Dec 29, 2023
Ganasawa:

Pls you guys should grow
Allow the woman to be pls
It's a nightmare for me to marry an ugly woman cause i'm somewhat gorgeous myself. She needs to be like a model material.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:14am On Dec 29, 2023
As an igbo man,WE,AND I MISS THE MAN,A TRUE LOVER OF ONDO PEOPLE,HIS A LENGEND,HE SUFFERED ENOUGH,GOD PLS GRANT GOVERNOR AKEREDOLU HEAVENLY REST IFSHA .
FAREWELL AKETE,BYE SIR,NIGERIA DO NOT HAVE YOUR KIND NOW. sad
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Ashawoman82: 6:19am On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
Akeredolu was one of the most handsome and smooth looking governors in Nigeria
With his classic white beards.

I really feel for this woman, this will truly hurt

P.s
I have noticed that Yoruba and Igbo love dey strong well well.
Especially if the guy is Yoruba and the woman is from Igbo.
stop deceiving yourself, igbo women are just wife materials, fine they might love money or be a little bit materialistic, but they just have this natural wify characteristics in them and they are naturally beautiful, they don't cheat when married compared to other tribes.. I'm a lagosian and it's only in the west that married women cheat with all confidence, most of the time their hubby knows... Yoruba women don't have dignity compared to igbo women, so it has nothing to do with the igbo men, men from various tribe especially wealthy men go for igbo women go and make your research..... As for the men, they naturally know how to take care of their women that's why women from other tribes love them, so they ain't restricted to just marrying igbo women..
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Ashawoman82: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Don't mind that idiot ! I don't know what's special about Igbo ladies that will make any Yoruba man,successful or not,to want to marry one ! Those loudmouthed igbos just like to hype themselves,Igbo ladies my foot,shior !

Without being immodest,I can't even recall the number of Igbo ladies I have dated in this life; too numerous for me to count ! There was nothing special about anyone of them;some were clean,some were dirty but majority of them were mannerless,that's a fact ! So,kini big deal about any so called "Igbo ladies",tueh ! Why on earth will any Yoruba man prefer an Ijeoma or Amaka to an Afolasade or Abimbola when he is not sick in the head !

Na Igbo ladies dey rush Yoruba guys as a matter of fact,I experienced it live while still in the game and even up till now as a grandpa to be ! There are so many stories but we are too big for all those kiss-and-tell nonsense ! It's really funny how these Igbo usually see themselves in some ways that no one else sees them ! Anyway, it's all borne out of inferiority complex that's well embedded in their DNA !
keep deceiving yourself sit.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:33am On Dec 29, 2023
NwokoloOwa:
Why are some people attacking Betty? I can't understand. I suspect that because she and her husband were impregnable and their marriage heavily fortified by their love and respect, some just had to hate the woman, Betty.

Many Nigerians are just bitter people. The woman may be innocent of all the power-hijacking accusations. It might be Akeredolu in his weak state trying to exercise power or some of his executive members playing politics to protect their seats but No typical Nigerians will go for weaker person to label her names and drag her reputation

Rest in Peace Arankunrin
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by HRMK: 6:37am On Dec 29, 2023
AKETI DIDNT BELONG TO ALLAH BUT GOD! HE WAS A CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD! MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE!!
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2023
femi4:
She was controlling his government. Didn't allow him to hand over to his deputy and concentrate on his health.

Forget love....a woman is naturally selfish. How can you pick power over his health and claimed you love him

Those are mere accusations and just pent up imaginations by traducers. Even while sick Aketi didn't lose his mind, he might be weak but he still has his senses. Many things that played out was Aketis wish with his political cronies trying not to give chance for usurp of power Incase he has chances of making it alive and has nothing to do with the woman. People just like to pry on the weaker people as justification to exercise their selfish thoughts .

Whatever happens, since her husband loves her till death and she was beside him till death, everyone should give Akeredolu the respect by been nice and courteous to the wife and kids left behind anything other than that it's trying to rubbish the dead man.

1 Like

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by HardBishop: 6:49am On Dec 29, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Igbos loving and enjoying Yoruba pricks since 5AD. She come born for our brother very ugly children, boat mails and femails grin grin grin grin grin grin

why we Igbo guys detest smelly Yoruba pussies. for shifting in poos. your women can argue and disgusting in character. VERY JEALOUS at any improvement dirty, even in mensis and normal hygiene.
we ibo men really detest you people
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Iamanoited: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2023
AKEREDOLU WAS NOT A MUMU BY ANY STANDARD. AKEREDOLU WAS A DISCERNING CHARACTER.
BETTY TOO IS NOT EVE.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by zoedew: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2023
money121:

Rest On Aketi

Former First Lady of Ondo State

Is that what you should be talking about now!🧐🤔
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Philip4564(m): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2023
Highplains:
May his soul gentle soul rest in perfect peace..I met him a few times at his office THE LAW HUB situated at ring road,Ibadan.My lawyer was working there at the time and he had a couple of them then so it was a chanced meeting when I went to see my lawyer..He wasn’t governor then.He was humble didn’t even mind how young I was,he flowed with me freely.But wait oo,i sure say that woman go dey tease am sometimes say,”I’m older than you”Women can be romantically funny while teasing..RIP
To be honest Aketi is a very humble and down to earth man..Him venturing into politics destroy his reputation coz I'll not lie he failed as a Governor.may God rest his soul.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by femi4: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Those are mere accusations and just pent up imaginations by traducers. Even while sick Aketi didn't lose his mind, he might be weak but he still has his senses. Many things that played out was Aketis wish with his political cronies trying not to give chance for usurp of power Incase he has chances of making it alive and has nothing to do with the woman. People just like to pry on the weaker people as justification to exercise their selfish thoughts .

Whatever happens, since her husband loves her till death and she was beside him till death, everyone should give Akeredolu the respect by been nice and courteous to the wife and kids left behind anything other than that it's trying to rubbish the dead man.
It is wrong to keep holding on to power while you are weak. Directing the affairs of a state goes beyond using 'senses' alone, that's why the constitution created the post of a deputy to fill that vacuum.

Unfortunately, in this part of the world, no respect for constitution, our health and well being. Always seeking power for selfish reasons. From Yar adua's wife, now Betty....who's next
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2023
femi4:
It is wrong to keep holding on to power while you are weak. Directing the affairs of a state goes beyond using 'senses' alone, that's why the constitution created the post of a deputy to fill that vacuum.

Unfortunately, in this part of the world, no respect for constitution, our health and well being. Always seeking power for selfish reasons. From Yar adua's wife, now Betty....who's next

I quite agree with you that holding on to power while weak and doesn't have the strength to fulfill the legal requirements is all shades of wrong but my point is the wife shouldn't be made to answer for that because it might be the dead man wish and his last resolve to rein control on his state.

At the bolded, the problem isn't their wives but lack of consolidation on state apparatus to do the right thing. The house members were still loyal to Akeredolu till intervention of Tinubu not because of his wife but because of their loyalty to Akeredolu and those are the ones that will take blame not his wife cos their loyalty should be to the state.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by MeGood91: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2023
chopnaira:

It does break barriers. Even though I have my reservations about how she hijacked the state in the last few years past, It's all bygone now. I only pray God comforts her.
Turai hijacked Nigeria
Any woman will do the same
So it's not new
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Blackman101: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2023
My the soul of the departed rest in peace.

God has his reason for everything
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Omodua(m): 11:44am On Dec 29, 2023
LegendHero:
For the love of Aketi, I won't say what is on my mind.

He should continue to gallantly rest in peace.
Pls don't bring tribalism here.

We are mourning Aketi. A loving personality and detribalised Nigerian.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Omodua(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Justiceleague1:
Flokii is somewhere and has a different opinion grin
Flokii is not a human being. Always consigned to anything evil.

He should be ignored!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
chopnaira:
Because at the later stage of Aketi's governance, she took control like in the case of Turai.
It is not the wife you should understand politics. Look if you are in power your closest associates are your ring and they help you run the Govt. When you are very sick, these guys will not want you to step away. They will put pressure on your wife to ensure that you don't leave power because once you are no more, they took will leave power. This happens everywhere and the political class understands this
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Myhusband:

women are naturally power drunk than men

may the soul of Aketi continue to rest on

Igbo ladies have a special feelings for Yoruba guys/men, If I was polygamous in nature I could have dated many Igbo ladies while serving in Anambra state, the respect those babes have for Yoruba guys is second to none

anyway ladies generally don't have regards and reference for SIMP
it is not the wife you should understand politics. Look if you are in power your closest associates are your ring and they help you run the Govt. When you are very sick, these guys will not want you to step away. They will put pressure on your wife to ensure that you don't leave power because once you are no more, they took will leave power. This happens everywhere and the political class understands this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC / Water Scarcity; See How Ibadan Residents Hustle To Get Water. Photos / Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.