Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow (30970 Views)

Osinbajo & His Wife, Dolapo Shows "Love" At Pres. Buhari Inauguration [Photos] / Nkechi Ikpeazu Gifts A Widow Living In A Half-built Tarpaulin-mud, A New House / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
femi4:
She was controlling his government. Didn't allow him to hand over to his deputy and concentrate on his health.

Forget love....a woman is naturally selfish. How can you pick power over his health and claimed you love him
it is not the wife you should understand politics. Look if you are in power your closest associates are your ring and they help you run the Govt. When you are very sick, these guys will not want you to step away. They will put pressure on your wife to ensure that you don't leave power because once you are no more, they took will leave power. This happens everywhere and the political class understands this
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
femi4:
It is wrong to keep holding on to power while you are weak. Directing the affairs of a state goes beyond using 'senses' alone, that's why the constitution created the post of a deputy to fill that vacuum.

Unfortunately, in this part of the world, no respect for constitution, our health and well being. Always seeking power for selfish reasons. From Yar adua's wife, now Betty....who's next
Even if you want to handover your inner ring will not agree. Imagine you are a nobody and your closest pal becomes the Governor and you are his chief of staff? Now imagine that your pally is sick and wants to handover, bros you no agree. The inner associates knows that the next person will push them away hence they pressure the wife to one corner. Look they might refuse to make any announcement that he is stepping down and cling on as much as possible. For some of Aketi's associates that is the closest they will ever get to the corridors of power.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
MeGood91:

Turai hijacked Nigeria
Any woman will do the same
So it's not new
it is not the wife, we should understand politics. Look if you are in power your closest associates are your ring and they help you run the Govt. When you are very sick, these guys will not want you to step away. They will put pressure on your wife to ensure that you don't leave power because once you are no more, they took will leave power. This happens everywhere and the political class understands this. If a Governor makes you Chief of staff today and the governor becomes ill, will you agree that he should step down? When you are already seeing the future?
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by GUNITGuy: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
onuman:

You don't know what love and marriage entails.

Igbos marry far away Oyibo women. Igbo man marriage to nearby Yoruba woman should be like eating jollof rice.
We all know why they do that!!!!that's another story ...Why majority of their women not also marrying Oyinbo men as they marry Yoruba men...
Korra Obidi is a good example she's an ex Oyinbo wife..Uche Jombo, Kate Henshaw all ex Oyinbo wife's but am very sure if they had a Yoruba man they would still be married till today...
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by MeGood91: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
SSpeter:
it is not the wife, we should understand politics. Look if you are in power your closest associates are your ring and they help you run the Govt. When you are very sick, these guys will not want you to step away. They will put pressure on your wife to ensure that you don't leave power because once you are no more, they took will leave power. This happens everywhere and the political class understands this. If a Governor makes you Chief of staff today and the governor becomes ill, will you agree that he should step down? When you are already seeing the future?
yes
but the figure head is always those who we are seeing not those behind the scene
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by BABANGBALI: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Igbos loving and enjoying Yoruba pricks since 5AD. She come born for our brother very ugly children, boat mails and femails grin grin grin grin grin grin
Mynd44 come and see chomtin grin grin
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by BABANGBALI: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
FeliciaOja:
Akeredolu was one of the most handsome and smooth looking governors in Nigeria
With his classic white beards.

I really feel for this woman, this will truly hurt

P.s
I have noticed that Yoruba and Igbo love dey strong well well.
Especially if the guy is Yoruba and the woman is from Igbo.
dat na because Yoruba guys sabi nack Igbo girls well well more than their men

1 Like

Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by femi4: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
SSpeter:
Even if you want to handover your inner ring will not agree. Imagine you are a nobody and your closest pal becomes the Governor and you are his chief of staff? Now imagine that your pally is sick and wants to handover, bros you no agree. The inner associates knows that the next person will push them away hence they pressure the wife to one corner. Look they might refuse to make any announcement that he is stepping down and cling on as much as possible. For some of Aketi's associates that is the closest they will ever get to the corridors of power.
Why not
The constitution should be respected. As soon as I recovered fully, I ll come back to my post using the same constitution.

Now that he's no more, Is there anything left for him or the "inner crew" to fight for?

They are shortsighted , they lost tomorrow because of today's gain. Now, they lost everything...even the honor they deserved if they had done the needful was lost
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
chopnaira:

It does break barriers. Even though I have my reservations about how she hijacked the state in the last few years past, It's all bygone now. I only pray God comforts her.
then Ondo politicians are shameless if a woman that's not elected hijack the state... What were state assembly people doing.. nonsense trying to scape goat a woman
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by SSpeter(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
femi4:
Why not
The constitution should be respected. As soon as I recovered fully, I ll come back to my post using the same constitution.

Now that he's no more, Is there anything left for him or the "inner crew" to fight for?

They are shortsighted , they lost tomorrow because of today's gain. Now, they lost everything...even the honor they deserved if they had done the needful was lost
honour and conscience are luxuries politicians cannot afford
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by engrchykae(m): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
chopnaira:
Because at the later stage of Aketi's governance, she took control like in the case of Turai.
if the husband is sick,it is natural that the wife takes a stand,if not outsiders and vultures will mess up the legacy.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by engrchykae(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
NovusHomo:

And that is why she should go back into the hole she crept out from.
shut up,once big, always big.
No matter how lean a cow is,the cow can never be the same size with a goat.
Even the skeletal remains of a cow is still bigger than a living goat.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Tochj(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
A visionary man who saw great potential in a woman
ignored Stoopid tribalist morons and married a woman who pushed him to greatness.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by engrchykae(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
Chispa:
your younger brother was hitting your kpekux, oloshhoooo
you pained soul know that you are lying.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by engrchykae(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
Aketi and Betty are formidable.
They stood against ruga.
They championed amotekun.
Unlike other spineless governors and first ladies
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by NovusHomo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
engrchykae:
shut up,once big, always big.
No matter how lean a cow is,the cow can never be the same size with a goat.
Even the skeletal remains of a cow is still bigger than a living goat.

"Kwenu", typical.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Harrynight(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fuckingmallam45:

They first met when he was at the age of 22 not when they got married. Make una dey read to understand.

You obviously need to read to understand not just to read to attack.
He is her husband yes, did I say they got married when he was 22?

Ode
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by engrchykae(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
NovusHomo:

"Kwenu", typical.
"Ronu", typical.
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Harrynight:

You obviously need to read to understand not just to read to attack.
He is her husband yes, did I say they got married when he was 22?

Ode
Mumu, just take a look at what you're saying. Did you fail mathematics during your secondary school days? Just take to correction and stop embarrassing yourself here.
Ode! Ode!!
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by Harrynight(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fuckingmallam45:

Mumu, just take a look at what you're saying. Did you fail mathematics during your secondary school days? Just take to correction and stop embarrassing yourself here.
Ode! Ode!!

Go back to primary school,
That's where u will learn comprehension, you need that to start with.
Dullard 😜
Re: Our Love Story Was That Of 'love At First Sight' - Akeredolu Widow by BALLOSKI: 6:39am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

It does break barriers. Even though I have my reservations about how she hijacked the state in the last few years past, It's all bygone now. I only pray God comforts her.
First ladies do that in Nigeria every time. Why is her own case different?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hunter Wounded, Guns Recovered In Firefight With Boko Haram Terrorists (photos) / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / Trouble Brews In House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.