Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc (18639 Views)

I Finally Bought A Motorcycle From My NYSC Savings / Soldiers Assault Corper Abel Tardoo Nathaniel Who Trekked From Ondo To Abuja / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by Eagba(m): 10:16am On Dec 31, 2023
folake4u:

Hi again.

There's no cause of action in this case. It is not incumbent on the government to protect farmers.
I used to think we have a social contract with government.
Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by folake4u(f): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2023
Eagba:
I used to think we have a social contract with government.

How?
Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by Eagba(m): 10:41am On Dec 31, 2023
folake4u:

How?
We are meant to pay tax, perform civic duties etc and there are consequences for not playing our roles( government hold us up to that).
Inexchange for government protection and social amenities.

I was read a story, where a girl and her mother sued a particular US state police for not protecting her from a rapist. She won and was awarded millions of dollars as compensation.
Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by folake4u(f): 10:44am On Dec 31, 2023
Eagba:

We are meant to pay tax, perform civic duties etc and there are consequences for playing our roles( government hold us up to that).
Inexchange for government protection and social amenities.

I was read a story, where a girl and her mother sued a particular US state police for not protecting her from a rapist. She won and was awarded millions of dollars as compensation.

Lol. How many times have the government protected you? Answer that yourself.

That is the United States, this is Nigeria!
Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by Eagba(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2023
folake4u:

Lol[b]. How many times have the government protected you? Answer that yourself.[/b]

That is the United States, this is Nigeria!
Not so many times that I can count.
Maybe the answer lies with the judiciary.
What you think?
Re: Relocating To Abuja For My Nysc by folake4u(f): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2023
Eagba:

Not so many times that I can count.
Maybe the answer lies with the judiciary.
What you think?

Okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise / Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.