Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally (24235 Views)

How To Naturally Induce Labour At Home / Does Ewedu Induce Labour? / 8 Effective Exercises To Induce Labor Naturally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by silibaba: 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
uyogabie:

I was staying in a bungalow when I had my last child.What I did then was to keep climbing the front step up and down repeatedly.I had long walks daily.

The moment I realised I was in labor,I did the step climbing till I was 8cm dilated before I even went to the hospital.

There is always a way to improvise.You get it.
I Gerrit dear.

Castor oil can also do the magic nah.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by aimalohi: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
Be climbing stairs but my dear u have to take it easy oo if not if u run into labour when d baby is not ready u might go for emergency labour. Do Evernote too rigorous also pray pray pray pray d God who only knows a actual time he put d baby there also know when it's time
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by RIDOO: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
I had same experience during my first born a boy ..going to 39weeks he just stayed there in his occupied duplex...l tried exercise etc etc but didn't work...Na so my mum area sis came and told me to pound yam o..Na so dem put yam for fire and when it was done l pounded everything sweating profusely like dey poured water on me.. afterwards l went to bath..

Not long l started seeing mucus with traces of blood..l fell in labour that midnight and gave birth the following day.. with a 4.15kg baby boy.. That was how pounding yam induced me o.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Ndipe(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ask your Doctor not Nairaland.

Adanambra1:
i am 39 weeks today and 5 days oo
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
i dey do the do regularly
i don chop spicy food tire... everything on the internet, i have done.
scan already say my baby is head down position
3.5kg....
people of God, what do i do next to avoid Pitocin inducement or epidural
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by splendyuniQ: 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
Mama, nothing is yet wrong okay, but if you want to induce the pregnancy naturally, walk a staircase up and down as many times as your strength could carry you. labour would start within 24hours after this exercise. Its very effective. My wife used it for all my children.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by adioolayi(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
Opt for CS..

Science don advance past all these levels of stressing yourself, your husband and the unborn child with loads of anxiety and worrying over what is not.

Tell your Dr you want CS..na you go pick date sef...just walk into the clinic and let them do it..before you say jack..you don born and you are already on your way to full recovery.

Since you no go undergo any labour process...your recovery will be faster
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by missjekyll: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
You must be a man.
She want to sleep on her tommy again.

She wants to be able to roll over on her own.
She wants to get up from a sofa, eat whatever she likes without heartburn.she wants to sleep without being kicked awake from inside.

Poster i recommend the yam pounding stuff.
Wishing you a safe delivery.
lanreni:
It is quite unfortunate and sad many times I read about these so called gen-Z's and the younger generation who are informed so much, but are less knowledgeable and intelligent.
Firstly, you come to a 'market square" to ask questions about what you should have discussed with your gynaecologist who is informed about your own unique body chemistry and the developing child. That doesn't show much intelligence.
Secondly, you should have known, if you're truly informed, that there's a unique chemistry between a particular baby, the womb and the particular mother. Artificial inducement of this separation could have side effects on the baby in future. You haven't even reached 40 weeks, the pregnancy is still in order. Why the panic and the unnecessary worry?
Thirdly, if you were really informed, you should have known the difference between a having labour pains (child wants to come out, but hindered by something) and child kicking (still taking in what it needs before coming out). Let CS be for only when the labour pains come and the baby is hindered. Avoid it as much as possible, only when the child and mother's life/health is threatened.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10008265/
Finally, always stick to natural remedies and not artificial ones. Sex is an artificial remedy. It is like saying you will start drinking sperm up and down because it has zinc in it that is good for health! Do you know of other things that are not healthy for you or the baby in it? No wonder this generation like sex too much. Too much sperm on the head when about being born! smiley smiley sad
Wishing you safe delivery regardless!
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Franklyine: 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
You don nak already, just 3wks.
You will soon give her belle.
You don’t want her period to resume before you start.
MatrixReloaded:

Tomorrow marks it 3 weeks my baby is here with the mother(39 weeks 5 days). She did 4 scans all tru her pregnancy. The latest one was my concern when we notice discomfort amd the report didn't seems well. Remember induction is a forceful way to extract a baby and very painful and most tyms as I was told the baby might be too weak to accept such procedure. You don't want to have to struggle your baby out.
CS was our option, I signed the consent form and my spouse didn't have to eat anything. In the morning around 8am she was already in the ward. After anatesia, the doctor performed the cut under her belle line to expose her gauging uterus. The rest was pulling the baby out and the head was the last to follow.
I watched it like a movie scene with courage and praying.
At the end I smiled and the mother is OK and fully recovered. I don knack her one, but na slow slow 5 days ago self..

1 Like

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....

You don't need exercise, buy fresh ewedu, plenty, cook and drink.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by adisacool: 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Do not joke with your health and the baby, if the weeks stated are true, let the doctors kick in by inducing you the normal way and if you are still comfortable without being in labour mood, CS should be the next thing because of your health and the baby, else the baby will be depreciating in kg gradually.
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by UncleKoboko: 11:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
dominique:
I heard something about castor oil but I honestly don't know it works. You're most likely having a girl, na dem dey tie gele do make-up, fix nails while in there while their male counterparts would have bounced out around 38 weeks. Speaking from experience sha.
Opposite
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by bashlek(m): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
Induction is very painful than labour, you will soon give birth.. 3.5kg is too big oo. Tell ya husband to gather money for C-S……..It safer and stress free.
Before Monday evening, you will give birth
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Kaa4(m): 12:00am On Dec 31, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

At the end I smiled and the mother is OK and fully recovered. I don knack her one, but na slow slow 5 days ago self..
You are merciless eh. And you could not wait for at least three months ah? I am afraid to fear!

1 Like

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by bashlek(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2023
Paulpaulpaul:

You don't need exercise, buy fresh ewedu, plenty, cook and drink.

This thing works like magic. Yes, buy fresh ewedu if you are Yoruba. Call it OOyo for them if u wan buy am, if dey don’t understand the meaning pick it on their shelve, don’t call it ewedu oooo. Clean and remove the sticks, squeez it well till it becomes tick. Close ya eyes nd drink it. You can remain and put it for fridge. Drink it today nd tomorrow. Thank me later. Our grandma taught my sis
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by bdon123(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2023
My wife 39 too n waiting for water to break
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by OlujobaSamuel: 12:09am On Dec 31, 2023
Hmmmmmm, mine na miracle.
The Dr advised my wife to go for inducement, the advice was painted as a btw statement so she never thought it to be immediately, not knowing that it was noted in her file.
They still gave a following week appointment for someone scheduled for next day inducement. When she got there the following week, they said there can't be inducement again as she is overdue.
Booked for CS, admitted her overnight to be done the next morning, wife fell into labour midnight, delivered in the morning before they started moving the expectant mum's to theater.
Everything was just God, from conception to delivery, the baby was a miracle

1 Like

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by bdon123(m): 12:10am On Dec 31, 2023
uyogabie:
Be a little patient ma'am.

You can take a very long walk though or climb the staircase up and down.
If na ur pelvis d baby dey push u go patient?
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by ayinba1(f): 12:47am On Dec 31, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....
Why the hurry?
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by djseanjohn77: 12:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....

1. Eat date fruits regularly daily
2. Ask your husband to help stimulate your nipples longer daily n correct knocking 2 to 3 time daily...Coul be for short period. Massage and sleep well.
3. Spicy meal, with added curry especially.
4. Pineapples

You will be fine, I wish you safe delivery. I have 3 beautiful kids, my last will be 7 in March.

Lastly, worry-less, enjoy the time, it's not too late...the ripe stage is 38 months...with possible plus or minus 2 weeks.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by elup2023: 1:54am On Dec 31, 2023
Let them induce asap.no need to punish yourself or the baby cos the bigger the baby is,it could result to tearing Ur vagina flr easy access if the head no gree commot
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by luminouz(m): 2:11am On Dec 31, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Tomorrow marks it 3 weeks my baby is here with the mother(39 weeks 5 days). She did 4 scans all tru her pregnancy. The latest one was my concern when we notice discomfort amd the report didn't seems well. Remember induction is a forceful way to extract a baby and very painful and most tyms as I was told the baby might be too weak to accept such procedure. You don't want to have to struggle your baby out.
CS was our option, I signed the consent form and my spouse didn't have to eat anything. In the morning around 8am she was already in the ward. After anatesia, the doctor performed the cut under her belle line to expose her gauging uterus. The rest was pulling the baby out and the head was the last to follow.
Lmaooo...na werey you be

Your baby is just 3 weeks old and you don fuq your wife one round?🤣🤣
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by engrchykae(m): 2:24am On Dec 31, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....
is the baby in the right position?
If not,meet these women that sets babies well and you will deliver.
It happened to us,then we met one of such women and she told us that the baby is not in the right position,she did her job and two days later we had our girl.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Trophy12: 2:26am On Dec 31, 2023
dominique:
I heard something about castor oil but I honestly don't know it works. You're most likely having a girl, na dem dey tie gele do make-up, fix nails while in there while their male counterparts would have bounced out around 38 weeks. Speaking from experience sha.
this woman chai grin grin
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Invest4growth: 2:59am On Dec 31, 2023
Follow the instructions of your doctor. Safe delivery
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by ShadowM(m): 3:02am On Dec 31, 2023
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Praktikals(m): 3:24am On Dec 31, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....
Better woman cool
God will take control. All the best, ma.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Nornate: 3:30am On Dec 31, 2023
longview007:

What about nak?
Has he nack you and when.
Lol!
lol...I never get mind knack o..will do soon.
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by notttty(m): 3:36am On Dec 31, 2023
Adanambra1:
first timer mama
i don exercise tire
chop pineapple tire
3.5kg....
tell us you just want your baby to have a new year birthday.. I get. Meanwhile congratulation in advance and abeg I wan chop naming ceremony jollof rice. Wish u safesest and peaceful delivery. Aamin
Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by Ishilove: 3:46am On Dec 31, 2023
DDIA:

Ishilove my love kiss

How is work?

Have you given birth yet? I mean you don turn baby mama yet? cool
That cesspit you call a mind can only regurgitate dung and human excreta so I shouldn't be surprised at the kind of comments you litter Nairaland with. Your comments are you, really; you are a walking waste bag of filth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by olaodun: 3:54am On Dec 31, 2023
Pls I would advise you to do 3 things
1 pray to God about your situation
2 seek Medical and professional advice and help at the best hospital
3 seek knowledge on what to eat and exercise with these God will see you through

1 Like

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:02am On Dec 31, 2023
Go for membrane sweep in ur hospital. Same thing happened to my wife. Almost all her peers delivered and she became much worried. She went to the hospital, they gave her castor oil and she took all the contents oooo instead of just 2 spoons but nothing still happened after 40 weeks. Until she went to another hospital that administered the membrane sweep and in 3 days, she delivered a baby BOY

1 Like

Re: I Am 39 Weeks And 5 Day Pregnant. What Do I Do To Induce Labour Naturally by missRonica(f): 4:04am On Dec 31, 2023
U should consider surgery when it gets to 40weeks. I had same issue but mine was twins. Both were heads down but I wasn't experiencing labour signs! I was told twins come early n was given delivery date of 13th December omo dem no gree come o. I did all u listed n more nothing show. My case was a serious one o na so dem call their chief,he advised that since the babies were ok that he would allow me carry dem till 40th week but if I no go into labour na to do Cs cos it would be dangerous to d babies if I carried beyond that(twins survival dey reduce as they grow bigger cos space no go dey again). We booked the surgery for 3rd of Jan. On 2nd Jan I was admitted but one of d doctors decided to induce me (wrong move!). I went into labour but I had only dilated about 3cm by d next morning. Na so dem carry me enter theatre within 15mins my boys were out! The surgery took only an hour(the doctor did a very neat job). Due to the induction( e dey put children through stress), my second boy was affected n was admitted to NICU. To d glory of God, he got better n was discharged same day with me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meningitis Outbreak; Here’s How To Prevent Spread Of The Contagious Disease / Fire Accident At Igbologun Sea, Lagos / Bad Condition Of Health Clinic In Ipokia LGA In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.