Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife (1623 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AreaFada2: 8:38pm On Apr 24
Konquest:

Thanks for the feedback @Areafada2

What's the name of the Eastern Yoruba town you're referring to here? Sure, as an adult who is NOT averse to detailed investigations, I can take my research away from there.

Perhaps you can shrink the picture before attaching it here or give me the link to see the picture.

All the best.

You see lots of tribal people arguing online, most do not know their genealogy beyond their great grandfather. If they did, they would find out that they have very mixed backgrounds.

Take Nnamdi Azikiwe as an example. He wrote in 1970 in his book "My Genealogy and Nativity" that he was the son of Chukwuemeka, son of Azikiwe, son of Molokwu, son of Onira, son of Dei, son of Ezechima.

Ezechima or Chima or Chime was the man we called Ikhimwin in Benin. Zik said his clan in Onitsha felt much superior to other clans because they were bona fide Benin princes of blood. He knew his descent because of his noble lineage. He also listed other places founded by Ezechima as Isseleku, Aboh, Onicha-Olona, Onicha-Ugbo, etc.

Infect, in Benin, we consider Isseluku as the head of all Ezechima clans. This was even confirmed by the Obi of Isseluku in 1982 in his visit to Benin.

Remember Zik was born in 1904 and by around 1912 to 1913, before one 9ja was created, he probably heard all this story from his folks. Especially his grandmother as he said. Back then, people were still closer to their origins and tribal nationalism was not yet a big deal. British divide and rule after 1914 worsened things gradually.

Most people are commoners and have little in their family to warrant their lineage story to be told. This is not to be condescending but stating the fact. Some of those who do not know their genealogy find succour in tribalism.

I met a guy abroad over 20 years ago. We got chatting. I soon found out his mother was a Benin princess. He was a regular at Benin palace when visiting 9ja. Both his first name and surname were from a Nigerian tribe that is not Edo or even from South-South. He told me things about the palace I know to be true. 100 years from now, they might argue that person's children have no links with Benin.

Gregyboy
Automaticmotors
samuk
Babasolution

@Konquest, I don't have a link to pics and I did try to shrink by over 200%
Showing more would be basically identifying oneself fully on an anonymous forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by NaijaPrince18: 7:51am On Apr 26
All these inferior people need Yoruba for clout grin
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 1:35pm On Apr 26
@Areafada, why don't you ever use the historical documents which I shared (precolonial maps and precolonial texts). As soon as I leave nairaland, the level of discussions about history goes back to that of discussing fairytales.
Why would you want to remain at the level of the yoruba fairytale peddlers when properly researched history proves Benin supremacy ?
Yoruba have no history beyond their past as slaves in Brazil, that is why they pretend fairytales are their history, that is a good excuse for them. My question is therefore why would a noble Edo person also go into confusing fairytales with history while he could just do the proper research with proper logic and be vindicated ?

I even laid down how historical research is done, I brought out historical documents and sources for more historical documents, but you guys just can't learn, as soon as I leave, you dumb down to yoruba level of confusing fairytale and history. The yoruba do it because their ancestors were slaves, you do it because you are too lazy.

1 Like

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Christistruth00: 7:30pm On Apr 26
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AutomaticMotors: 8:07pm On Apr 26
Ghostagain:
@Areafada, why don't you ever use the historical documents which I shared (precolonial maps and precolonial texts). As soon as I leave nairaland, the level of discussions about history goes back to that of discussing fairytales.
Why would you want to remain at the level of the yoruba fairytale peddlers when properly researched history proves Benin supremacy ?
Yoruba have no history beyond their past as slaves in Brazil, that is why they pretend fairytales are their history, that is a good excuse for them. My question is therefore why would a noble Edo person also go into confusing fairytales with history while he could just do the proper research with proper logic and be vindicated ?

I even laid down how historical research is done, I brought out historical documents and sources for more historical documents, but you guys just can't learn, as soon as I leave, you dumb down to yoruba level of confusing fairytale and history. The yoruba do it because their ancestors were slaves, you do it because you are too lazy.

Bro let's connect I need to discuss with you outside nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Olu317(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28
AreaFada2:

So, a matrilineal guy (with a bit of money) from Ogiamien family and with the recognised Chief Ogiamien missing for years now tells a story and that is your plausible version of history? First ask them to present the young man installed as chief Ogiamien to come and tell his family history. There is a full book on Ogiamien in Benin. Go and read it in full, not this online nonsense you see.

My point is that there are too many versions of Oduduwa. The Ooni can say anything just like anybody else but we need a consistent version. I have a stake in it. I have a direct Oduduwa link through a different Yoruba dynasty.
You haven't changed a bit with your false views.

Ooni will always state the obvious fact. But oba biini with multifaceted incoherent irritant falsehood can ne'er stand the test of time.
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 4:48pm On Apr 28
Olu317:
You haven't changed a bit with your false views.

Ooni will always state the obvious fact. But oba biini with multifaceted incoherent irritant falsehood can ne'er stand the test of time.

Authenticity check:
1. Locate bight of Ife
2. Locate Ife republic.
3. Show me a precolonial map of Ife
4. What battle against the British did Ife do ?
5. Show me the ancient palace of Ife ?

Even your own brothers admitted on nairaland that Ife is just a place which the yoruba chose in awolowo's era as their "source". It has nothing to do with actual history, it is just politics. The oni of ife is just a priest with a small priest-dom called ife.

Benin Empire and even oyo kingdom have many such priests and the oni was just one of such priests under the alafin of oyo.

The oni isn't even fit to be a king, but you guys want to call him emperor 🤣
And you want to compare him with an actual emperor whose treasures are still sitting in multiple museums accros western Europe and America ?

If you want to locate oni of ife's crown, look at the picture below:

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 5:10pm On Apr 28
AreaFada2:

So, a matrilineal guy (with a bit of money) from Ogiamien family and with the recognised Chief Ogiamien missing for years now tells a story and that is your plausible version of history? First ask them to present the young man installed as chief Ogiamien to come and tell his family history. There is a full book on Ogiamien in Benin. Go and read it in full, not this online nonsense you see.

My point is that there are too many versions of Oduduwa. The Ooni can say anything just like anybody else but we need a consistent version. I have a stake in it. I have a direct Oduduwa link through a different Yoruba dynasty.
Areafada, your brain is lazy. I've tried to give you respect in the past, but I can only notice your inability to learn.
Once again, oduduwa never existed, it is just a made up story, a fairytale.
Why didn't you learn after all I posted in front of your eyes ?
You are not a kid! just stop living in fairytales!
You've seen precolonial maps and texts, you ignored those and chose to dwell on stories?
Those stories were made to take Benin's prestige away from Benin and give them to the oni of Ife, but your brain doesn't comprehend this ! The oni is nothing but a village priest, and thanks to intellectually lazy people like you, he is parading himself as an emperor in 2024, a year in which education is cheap.
You just can't rise your iq up a little bit, can you ?

Remember this sentence:
"A fool and his money are soon parted".
You foolishly let the yoruba steal your heritage while believing you are the smart one. You make me think of this Andrew in the story below:

Kevin had no money and Andrew was rich, so Kevin went to Andrew and said "Andrew all your money belongs to me, give it to me", Andrew replied "no you are a liar, only half of my money belongs to you, I will give you only half". Andrew thought he was being smart and he was happy that he was able to keep half of his original wealth, while Kevin had actually gained half of Andrew's wealth without doing any work for it.

Having a lazy brain is the worse curse of all. I can't articulate how disappointed I am in you, what a disgrace, after I spent years spreading education on nairaland... What a pity.
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 5:24pm On Apr 28
Instead of talking about real history, some would rather be talking about Spiderman oh sorry oduduwa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELM8h_euNI?feature=shared
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AreaFada2: 6:51pm On Apr 28
Ghostagain:

Areafada, your brain is lazy. I've tried to give you respect in the past, but I can only notice your inability to learn.
You've seen precolonial maps and texts, you ignored those and chose to dwell on stories?
Those stories were made to take Benin's prestige away from Benin and give them to the oni of Ife, but your brain doesn't comprehend this ! The oni is nothing but a village priest, and thanks to intellectually lazy people like you, he is parading himself as an emperor in 2024, a year in which education is cheap.

Remember this sentence:
You foolishly let the yoruba steal your heritage while believing you are the smart one. You make me think of this Andrew in the story below:

Kevin had no money and Andrew was rich, so Kevin went to Andrew and said "Andrew all your money belongs to me, give it to me", Andrew replied "no you are a liar, only half of my money belongs to you, I will give you only half". Andrew thought he was being smart and he was happy that he was able to keep half of his original wealth, while Kevin had actually gained half of Andrew's wealth without doing any work for it.

Having a lazy brain is the worse curse of all. I can't articulate how disappointed I am in you, what a disgrace, after I spent years spreading education on nairaland... What a pity.
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AreaFada2: 6:59pm On Apr 28
Ghostagain:

Remember this sentence:

Dude, I ignored your previous rant. I am not your student. Please stay on your lane. Where exactly do you teach? I am happy to invite you to where I do my work. Mentoring the very brightest minds of their generation.

First go and undo what Oba Ewuare II said about Oranmiyan at his coronation and remove Oranmiyan from The Red Book. Then come back and argue. Have you written your own book on the topic yet? Do so and dismiss everything the palace has said on Oranmiyan and present it to the palace.

Write whatever you know and leave it at that. Don't seek to monopolise knowledge. You are too small to even attempt that. NEVER quote me again.

Thank you.
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 7:41pm On Apr 28
AreaFada2:

Dude, I ignored your previous rant. I am not your student. Please stay on your lane. Where exactly do you teach? I am happy to invite you to where I do my work. Mentoring the very brightest minds of their generation.

First go and undo what Oba Ewuare II said about Oranmiyan at his coronation and remove Oranmiyan from The Red Book. Then come back and argue. Have you written your own book on the topic yet? Do so and dismiss everything the palace has said on Oranmiyan and present it to the palace.

Write whatever you know and leave it at that. Don't seek to monopolise knowledge. You are too small to even attempt that. NEVER quote me again.

Thank you.
Your lazy brain and your pride. Bad combo.
You seem to think your "knowledge" is worth mine, while you should have been learning from me and you should have left your toxic pride far far away.
You are at the level of confusing fairytales with actual history. I was trying to bring you up to the level of knowing the difference between fairytale and history. But somehow you thought both of us lived in parallel universes and therefore in your universe, you could be right ?
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by Ghostagain: 8:39pm On Apr 28
AutomaticMotors:

Bro let's connect I need to discuss with you outside nairaland
I left social media some time ago, but I will send you a new email address. I have to make a new email address in order to avoid giving my identity away in this platform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AutomaticMotors: 9:28pm On Apr 28
Ghostagain:

I left social media some time ago, but I will send you a new email address. I have to make a new email address in order to avoid giving my identity away in this platform.

Kindly send me a mail zankunaruto@gmail.com
Re: The Benin Prince Who Founded Ile-ife by AreaFada2: 4:53pm On Apr 29
Ghostagain:

Your lazy brain and your pride. Bad combo.
You seem to think your "knowledge" is worth mine, while you should have been learning from me and you should have left your toxic pride far far away.
You are at the level of confusing fairytales with actual history. I was trying to bring you up to the level of knowing the difference between fairytale and history. But somehow you thought both of us lived in parallel universes and therefore in your universe, you could be right ?
Let us both go to the palace and tell BTC you want to educate them on Benin history. At least with your omniscience, sharp brain and superior knowledge and wisdom than King Solomon, that should be easy. It might take me a very long journey to do but I would make out time to come.

Let's settle it that way. Running from this would be sheer cowardice.

I don't know you or care about your opinion on anything.

Only you know why your are obsessed with my opinion and crave my attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Wrong Is It To Give Or Receive Something With Your Left Hand? / Learn More About Ila- Yoruba Tribal Mark / Video & Photos: Look At Igbo Village In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.