Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Do Spirits Control The Physical? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Spirits Control The Physical? (1236 Views)

How Do Spirits Exist? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / The Spiritual Controls The Physical (16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Emusan:

This is from my own personal experience, let me see what you'll call it.

It happened during my NYSC in Cross River.

I had a dream and in that dream it was Friday night/Saturday morning but in reality it was Saturday night/Sunday morning.

The dream went like this, there was a clash between the village I was and another village. The fight was so brutal that dead bodies were everywhere but the villagers took it upon themselves that nothing will happen to any Corps members as they will do everything to protect them. And I saw some of the villagers taking gun shots, marchet cut e.t.c for the corps members. Then I woke up with great fear, in the morning (which is on Saturday morning) I then narrate everything to my colleague because we stay in corpers' lodge and as I was rounding my story up, I then say if this dream is true let the Pastor confirm it tomorrow which is Sunday (we worship in the same church).

Since it's on Sunday morning in reality, as usual we prepare for church and the service went well but to my greatest surprises, in fact, we have already shared the grace and as everyone is about to be leaving I just "Please, everybody should come back nobody should go." It was Pastor calling us back. After we all came back, Pastor proceed and said, "please we need to pray and especially for our Corpers, I had a dream three times tonight and in the dream two villages were fight and blood flows." And the pastor raised some prayer points and we prayed.

I was dumbfounded because how can two people have the same dream in two different locations at the same time? Was the question that is popping on my heard and not only that, how can I say in my dream that if this dream is truly Pastor should confirm it and it happened exactly.

Note: if you know Cross River State very well, the Pastor is living in Ugep (which is the LG headquarter of Yakurr local government and I stay in another village called Idomi.

On getting home after service that day, I then told my colleagues the dream and how pastor confirmed it. All of them were in shock.

Do you know it's not up to two weeks, when fight actually broke out between two villages though not the very one I was but very close to mine and it was bloody. That Cross River State government has to send emergency security to evacuate all the NYSC members in the two villages and fortunately no corps members lost their life.

Our village received few corps members and others were moved to another place before giving them another PPA.

Then as they share their own story, we were told that it was the villagers that protect them before government rescuer came and even some of the villagers lost their lives in the process.

What do you have to say about this?
your story is realistic, it isn't fictional.
It is very possible that God had revealed the communal clash to you and the pastor for confirmation, to avoid NYSC members from becoming casualties.
But it is still not proof that spirit controls the physical as such communal crises are better controlled and avoided through communal bilateral agreements rather than some spiritual means
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Why is it that man knowing for sure that he will die and leave everything for someone else keeps fighting and struggling to acquire it all only for him to die and nothing goes with him?

Why is it that despite all the promises of nice people we know dies immediately when they get the seat in authority?

Why is it that everyone wants peace yet there is war everywhere?
there are reasonable explanations to all these questions that does not require spiritual remedy

Simply quote: the spiritual controls the physical!

The only way to break free is accurate knowledge from above otherwise you will blame those killing their neighbours but when you are given the opportunity to decide what should happen you will kill much more than those you're blaming! undecided
hmm!
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
paxonel:
there are reasonable explanations to all these questions that does not require spiritual remedy

I'm sorry if this question of mine provoke you:

Can you mention any organization that has a reasonable explanation to these questions and using such explanations to benefit their members so that others can be sure they have the answers?

Well i know an organization of worshipers that has used what they claimed is inspired by a SPIRIT and so far so good they're making the best use of what they have.
Of course they believe the spiritual controls the physical but i have never seen any group of humans no matter how educated or intelligent that doesn't believe in the spiritual yet able to explain why these things are so! undecided
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
MindHacker9009:

It does make sense as the spirit has got the person in trouble and the person then comes to their senses at that time they are caught. The problem is that if that person does not beg God Almighty everyday to guide the person from such spirits the spirit can control them again to do the same.
a better way to put :
If the person does not learn his lessons after getting into trouble, he will find himself doing the same thing again until that desire eventually destroys him.

You know, God is not mocked, whatever anyone sows, that is what he will reap?
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I'm sorry if this question of mine provoke you:

Can you mention any organization that has a reasonable explanation to these questions and using such explanations to benefit their members so that others can be sure they have the answers?
your first question
MaxInDHouse:

Why is it that man knowing for sure that he will die and leave everything for someone else keeps fighting and struggling to acquire it all only for him to die and nothing goes with him?
by nature, humans are hard working and resourceful people who works to pass their accumulated resources to their posterity.
Every organizations or institutions knows this principle, it is not restricted to any one organization to know
MaxInDHouse:
Why is it that everyone wants peace yet there is war everywhere?
it does not require any single organization or institution to understand that survival of the fittest postulated by Charles Darwin is real.
Humans keep fighting to control the limited available resources in the habitat
MaxInDHouse:

Why is it that despite all the promises of nice people we know dies immediately when they get the seat in authority
because they pretended to be nice in order to get to that seat.
Every organizations and institutions knows these principles

Well i know an organization of worshipers that has used what they claimed is inspired by a SPIRIT and so far so good they're making the best use of what they have.
Of course they believe the spiritual controls the physical but i have never seen any group of humans no matter how educated or intelligent that doesn't believe in the spiritual yet able to explain why these things are so! undecided
if you have ever travel to places like Europe, you will encounter a lot of intelligent atheists who doesn't believe that the spiritual controls the physical.
They have valid explanations making them very intelligent people.
But their knowledge is only limited to the physical.
Now, if the spiritual truly controls the physical, it means that these atheists will never have knowledge of the physical just like the way they lack knowledge of the spiritual
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Emusan(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
paxonel:
your story is realistic, it isn't fictional.
It is very possible that God had revealed the communal clash to you and the pastor for confirmation, to avoid NYSC members from becoming casualties.
But it is still not proof that spirit controls the physical as such communal crises are better controlled and avoided through communal bilateral agreements rather than some spiritual means

After you agreed that the dream is from God you still went ahead to say @bold part shocked shocked shocked

So, if such dream can come from God, how come you didn't see spiritual controling the physical in it?
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
paxonel:

if the spiritual truly controls the physical, it means that these atheists will never have knowledge of the physical just like the way they lack knowledge of the spiritual

If atheists truly have the knowledge then how come they can't form an organization and make sure what affects others regarding WARS making people to kill people doesn't affect their group?

To illustrate let's say someone or some people claim they know what is causing HIV and AIDS do you think any reasonable people should believe them if HIV and AIDS is also killing members of such a group?

I asked:
if everyone wants peace why so much wars? You said it's survival of the fittest.
But there has never been any fittest group whose members don't get killed during wars so what is the essence? undecided
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
NNTR:
No, cars dont' control the drivers, but a car can take over certain controls from a-not-taking-full-care driver or if car is driven under influence of any sort
Now fact is, cars dont possess drivers in order to control them, however drivers possess cars, in order to control cars
That claim is bullsheet and you know it. lipsrsealed
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
paxonel:
The man went away proclaiming Christ and winning souls for Christ.
I think that is enough reason for the miracle.
Many other instances of Jesus healing others, who didnt give testimonies, talkless, giving evangelism a thought

paxonel:
Now, the question is, in all the deliverances performed by pastors in churches today, how many of the delivered people were once mentally challenged people but are now living a normal life proclaiming Christ?
Can you mention one known person who was once a mentally derailed person that was healed by any pastor in Nigeria or anywhere else?
Just one!
You're shifting the goal post, and even widening it too, because the thread title and its question, if still valid is 'Do Spirits Control The Physical?'

I have forwarded historical facts of spirits controlling in a garden (i.e. A&E) and cemetery (i.e. deficit in good and proper mental functioning)

paxonel:
Because, we are talking about known evidences or proofs here.
Oh, OK, you want to have it this way now. Yeah? Tell me please
1. Where does the thought comes from, letting a driver getting behind the steering wheel of car have set off to drive the car whilst under the influence of above legal limit alcohol consumption?
2. Where does the thought comes from, letting a 'pedalfile' get excited and sexually aroused at children?
3. Where does the thought comes from, letting depression or anxiety-related people, not minding permanent brain damage risks, get high on taking illicit or hard substances?
4. Where does the thought comes from, letting a person be sexually unfaithful to his/her partner?
5. Where does the thought comes from, hoodwinking, deceiving, misleading others?

paxonel:
This is not to degrade miracles in anyway. But the aim is to ascertain the validity of the truth that we pteach as Christians in this modern era
we will come to this.
Let's talk about the mental case above first
ok
Mark 11:23
I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power],
but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will].

The thing, really here, is not taking and looking at things in the right perspective. Watch this bro, miracles are the bread and butter of the kingdom. Miracles happen in every nanoseconds passing.

If you want to deliberate on the mad man in Luke 8:27-39 above, his mental case could have been as a result of a TBI (i.e. Traumatic Brain Injury), maybe due to a fall, knock or blow to head, causing a chemical imbalance in his brain and Jesus being the Original Doctor, Physician, Psychiatrist and Surgeon helped reset the chemical brain imbalance for the man, unlike for some or others, their mental illness or condition, could be down to illicit drug and alcohol abuse.

Now, the social media is replete of pastors, mission houses, Samaritans, well meaning people helping former mental illness sufferers and rehabilitate them, but the thing really is that, not every cases, is a pulpit case, but rather the direction ought to be medical breakthroughs and ground breaking advancement.

Does anyone really think Mark 11:23 is literal. Hmm? Of course, its literal and not literal. Getting a mountain to be lifted up and thrown into the sea, is not a pulpit feat, but rather would happen through technological means (i.e. using engineering machinery and equipments)

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
MindHacker9009:
Cars are made by the driver (man) so all that the car does has been programmed by the driver man. So the physical is being control or programmed.
Cars are made by man. The wisdom comes from above

With all said, you concede that a car can take over certain controls from a-not-taking-full-care driver or if car is being driven under influence of any sort. Dont you?

Cars will take over control and manoeuvres, if the driver permits and allows

NNTR:
No, cars dont control the drivers, but a car can take over certain controls from a-not-taking-full-care driver or if car is driven under influence of any sort

Now fact is, cars dont possess drivers in order to control them, however drivers possess cars, in order to control cars

Kobojunkie:
That claim is bullsheet and you know it. lipsrsealed
Lets put it to test nah

Lets go there, sebi, you're in Illinois now? Right?
Hop on to Illinois I-90 freeway, with accelerator pedal hitting the floor with your foot permanently on it, and car's speeding, use up all speedometer, next, close your eyes tight shut, then take your hands off the steering wheel and lets see if you'll remain in the land of the living to tell the tale, after you have yielded control to car

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
NNTR:
Lets put it to test nah
Lets go there, sebi, you're in Illinois now? Right?
Hop on to Illinois I-90 freeway, with accelerator pedal hitting the floor with your foot permanently on it, and car's speeding, use up all speedometer, next, close your eyes tight shut, then take your hands off the steering wheel and lets see if you'll remain in the land of the living to tell the tale, after you have yielded control to car

This test of yours does not support your claim given that at no point does the car acquire consciousness of its own with which it then takes over the controls from the driver. undecided

Again, your claim is bullsheet! lipsrsealed
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
paxonel:
do you believe that fictions and fairytales do exist?

Because from your story, you started by saying that a woman dreamt.
Whether she told you the dream or you saw the dream yourself you didn't indicate.

And secondly, what are the evidence that these kind of stories are real?
Can you mention the river involved ?
Spectacular stories like these must have references of similar occurence at the said river. And it should be known worldwide that the said river is known for swallowing children.
And that a known maimaid whose pictures are circulated worldwide is responsible for the mistery.
This is the only way your story can be accepted to be true or valid.

You know, if i tell you another story that i throw a bucket from the top of a building and it fell to the ground. Then no one can argue the validity of my story because my story is realistic.

But what you presented up there is fictional, unproven and unreliable
Bla blah blah, blah.
Believe whatever you want.
Good luck.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This test of yours does not support your claims since at no point does the car itself acquire consciousness thereby taking over the controls from the driver. undecided
Life is sweet, you dont want to die yet.

I have no idea why you brought consciousness into the fray, paxonel the OP didnt, but you just have to be your true to your nature, truculent self

Kobojunkie:
Again, your claim is bullsheet! lipsrsealed
Except you are an eunuch, as in, if your balls havent been cut off yet, why not hop on to Illinois I-90 (i.e. Interstate 90) freeway with accelerator pedal hitting the floor with your foot permanently on it, and car's speeding, use up all speedometer, next, close your eyes tight shut, then take your hands off the steering wheel and lets see if you'll remain in the land of the living to tell the tale, after you have yielded control to car

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
NNTR:
Life is sweet, you dont want to die yet.
I have no idea why you brought consciousness into the fray, .. the OP didnt, but you just have to be your true to your nature, truculent self
■ Except you are an eunuch, as in, if your balls havent been cut off yet, why not hop on to Illinois I-90 (i.e. Interstate 90) freeway with accelerator pedal hitting the floor with your foot permanently on it, and car's speeding, use up all speedometer, next, close your eyes tight shut, then take your hands off the steering wheel and lets see if you'll remain in the land of the living to tell the tale, after you have yielded control to car
When you lot claim the spiritual controls the physical do you not do so believing that some spiritual "consciousness" controls the physical either by way of preprogrammed rules or direct interference? lipsrsealed

2. Again, the car has no way of taking over control since the outcome is dependent on the actions of the driver in this. undecided
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When you lot ...
You lot?
Are you alright by any chance? Smh.

Kobojunkie:
... claim the spiritual controls the physical do you not do so believing that some spiritual "consciousness" controls the physical either by way of preprogrammed rules or direct interference? lipsrsealed
Doesnt dignify commenting on

Kobojunkie:
2. Again, the car has no way of taking over control since the outcome is dependent on the actions of the driver in this. undecided
Why not shut your eyes closed tight and take your hands off a car's steering wheel driven at neck breaking speed, and lets see if you would live to tell if the car did or did not take over control, and this caused and brought about by foolish actions of skeptic driver Kobojunkie

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Emusan(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Do cars control the drivers?

Car is physical likewise the Driver

The best example would have been, electricity controlling the hardware.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
Emusan:

Makes no difference, the driver here represents the electricity and the car is the hadware.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Emusan:
Car, might be physical likewise the Driver, but a car has no soul (i.e. driver has a soul, car is soul less)

A car cannot communicate, connect nor interact with God like human beings are capable of

Emusan:
Electricity will control hardware based on instructions programmed on the connectors on its circuit board.

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Emusan:

MindHacker9009:
Makes no difference, the driver here represents the electricity and the car is the hadware.
Driver is hardware and software, with both powered with electricity (i.e. ruach, pka wind or breath of God, aka lifeforce or living force)

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
NNTR:
You lot?
Are you alright by any chance? Smh.
Doesnt dignify commenting on
Why not shut your eyes closed tight and take your hands off a car's steering wheel driven at neck breaking speed, and lets see if you would live to tell if the car did or did not take over control, and this caused and brought about by foolish actions of skeptic driver
***Yawn***
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Emusan(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
NNTR:
Car, might be physical likewise the Driver, but a car has no soul (i.e. driver has a soul, car is soul less)

A car cannot communicate, connect nor interact with God like human beings are capable of

Is this against my point or in support?

Electricity will control hardware based on instructions programmed on the connectors on its circuit board.

You're right but remember the programmer needs electricity first to start any programming.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
Emusan:
Is this against my point or in support?
If tbh, I dont know what your point is.

I see you typed 'Car is, physical likewise the Driver' so made me, advance that a car, might be physical likewise the Driver, but a car has no soul (i.e. driver has a soul, car is soul less)

I am confidently sure, you'll agree that a car cannot communicate, connect nor interact with God like human beings are capable of, and that a car has no soul

Emusan:
You're right but remember the programmer needs electricity first to start any programming.
Programming starts, with writing down computing instructions, on paper first, before it gets compiled into machine code form in order for the instructions to be executed, of course with help of a supply of electricity (i.e. the electric current in this context, is akin to ruach, pka wind or breath of God, aka lifeforce or living force, thats in the human body thats alive un the land of the living)

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 4:14am On Jan 01
Onyiiobi7735:

Bla blah blah, blah.
Believe whatever you want.
Good luck.
i don't do uncertainties like good luck when it comes to getting the right information.
I do a proper research and get my information rightly. I know how this has helped me to achieve breakthroughs in my career and my personal life.

At the end, what is most important is happiness

Thanks anyway!
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 5:27am On Jan 01
NNTR:

You're shifting the goal post, and even widening it too, because the thread title and its question, if still valid is 'Do Spirits Control The Physical?'
the thread title is something that can be broadly applied to any natural occurence in our day to day lives.
Pastors performing miracles or deliverances or babalawo conducting rituals for some blood money in their shrines, are things we can possibly see in churches and African traditions respectively.
But when we ask critical questions like Do spirits control the physical? to get the right answers, it helps us not to be vulnerable to their tricks if there are any such tricks

Oh, OK, you want to have it this way now. Yeah? Tell me please
1. Where does the thought comes from, letting a driver getting behind the steering wheel of car have set off to drive the car whilst under the influence of above legal limit alcohol consumption?
2. Where does the thought comes from, letting a 'pedalfile' get excited and sexually aroused at children?
3. Where does the thought comes from, letting depression or anxiety-related people, not minding permanent brain damage risks, get high on taking illicit or hard substances?
4. Where does the thought comes from, letting a person be sexually unfaithful to his/her partner?
5. Where does the thought comes from, hoodwinking, deceiving, misleading others?
in all these, do you assume that the thoughts comes from the spirit or the mind?

Mark 11:23
I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power],
but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will].
then, the posing question is :
Is there evidence or proof of anyone who has ever say to a mountain, be lifted up and the mountain is lifted up?
Mention the person.
He should have a name, address and if possible a comprehensive Wikipedia profile.

All we need is just evidence that these things are real

The thing, really here, is not taking and looking at things in the right perspective. Watch this bro, miracles are the bread and butter of the kingdom. Miracles happen in every nanoseconds passing.
do you classify giving birth to a child, or digesting food or breathing air into your body system a miracle?

If you want to deliberate on the mad man in Luke 8:27-39 above, his mental case could have been as a result of a TBI (i.e. Traumatic Brain Injury), maybe due to a fall, knock or blow to head, causing a chemical imbalance in his brain and Jesus being the Original Doctor, Physician, Psychiatrist and Surgeon helped reset the chemical brain imbalance for the man, unlike for some or others, their mental illness or condition, could be down to illicit drug and alcohol abuse.
But Jesus didn't carry out any physical surgery on him.
He casted out the demon, therefore it was obviously a miracle he performed
Well, i think that miracles are usually required in certain situations especially when the situation will lead people to believe in God.
But any situation that has nothing to do with God or religion, such situations will definitely require physical remedy, example is surgery

It also instructive to note that, many of the problems we take to church for miracles require physical remedy, not spiritual remedy.
Examples are financial prosperity, protection and good health.

So if we have the vast majority of our problems that can be solved physically, it already shows that physical controls this life and not the spiritual.

Now, the social media is replete of pastors, mission houses, Samaritans, well meaning people helping former mental illness sufferers and rehabilitate them, but the thing really is that, not every cases, is a pulpit case, but rather the direction ought to be medical breakthroughs and ground breaking advancement.
Exactly, you are on point

Does anyone really think Mark 11:23 is literal. Hmm? Of course, its literal and not literal. Getting a mountain to be lifted up and thrown into the sea, is not a pulpit feat, but rather would happen through technological means (i.e. using engineering machinery and equipments)

you are perfectly right.
Using Engineering machinery and equipments can be used to achieve that
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 5:52am On Jan 01
MaxInDHouse:

If atheists truly have the knowledge then how come they can't form an organization and make sure what affects others regarding WARS making people to kill people doesn't affect their group?
you mean, there are no members of your religious organization that were not killed in Gaza, simply because they belong to a group?

To illustrate let's say someone or some people claim they know what is causing HIV and AIDS do you think any reasonable people should believe them if HIV and AIDS is also killing members of such a group?
knowledge and wisdom isn't the same thing.

If someone in the group claims to know the cause of HIV /AIDS and he is not applying the knowledge, then he is not wise.
These things are very possible

I asked:
if everyone wants peace why so much wars? You said it's survival of the fittest.
But there has never been any fittest group whose members don't get killed during wars so what is the essence? undecided
there is no one such group that is capable of protecting it members when the battle for the fittest arises.
The battle is usually indivualistic and irrational.
As a matter of fact, when the battle is becoming intense due to extreme shortage of resources, members of the purported group begins to cannibalize each other.

So, there is nothing like group in the real sense
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:01am On Jan 01
paxonel:
the thread title is something that can be broadly applied to any natural occurence in our day to day lives.
Pastors performing miracles or deliverances or babalawo conducting rituals for some blood money in their shrines, are things we can possibly see in churches and African traditions respectively.
Romans 8:6
So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death.
But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace

Lay all your cards on the table at the same time and leave lying face up, so to see, at first time, what all your agenda is/are

You asked a straightforward 'Do Spirits Control The Physical?' question, and was given a direct no-nonsense reply, that yes, Spirit and/or spirits do control the physical, so far, the physical submits or succumbs to the influence(s), promptings or persuasions of the Spirit and/or spirits

Kk, lets put to one side, absract spirits or Spirit, why dont you as a test, overindulge in a physical spirit, e.g. akpeteshie, and find out if or not, you'll lose control of your faculties from being under the influence spirit, e.g. akpeteshie

paxonel:
But when we ask critical questions like Do spirits control the physical? to get the right answers, it helps us not to be vulnerable to their tricks if there are any such tricks
in all these, do you assume that the thoughts comes from the spirit or the mind?
then, the posing question is:
John 16:13
But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth].
For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears
[from the Father—the message regarding the Son],
and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future].

paxonel:
Is there evidence or proof of anyone who has ever say to a mountain, be lifted up and the mountain is lifted up?
Mention the person.
He should have a name, address and if possible a comprehensive Wikipedia profile.
Oh oh grin
Mark 11:23, is simply advanced here, to show how easy scripture, can be manipulated to deceive with, or used to give one a false sense of understanding it

paxonel:
All we need is just evidence that these things are real
do you classify giving birth to a child, or digesting food or breathing air into your body system a miracle?
But Jesus didn't carry out any physical surgery on him.
He casted out the demon, therefore it was obviously a miracle he performed
Well, i think that miracles are usually required in certain situations especially when the situation will lead people to believe in God.
But any situation that has nothing to do with God or religion, such situations will definitely require physical remedy, example is surgery
Miracles are relative.

A miracle is an event, thats not explicable by natural or scientific laws, simply because, they adhere to rules and/or the laws of heaven in their first instance(s). Now when a miracle is constantly repeated on earth, it turns into a process of nature, as in, it becomes something natural, and then so become seen, as a norm or something normal.

Case in point, the Thames Tunnel, is the world's first man-made underground tunnel under a river built. It was used by pedestrians, was a shopping arcade and became a tourist attraction. Experts back then, thought that an underground tunnel underneath a navigable river is impracticable, and so, it was classed a miracle when and after, this tunnel was successfully constructed by Sir Marc Isambard Brunel. Whats the point here, the point is that, tunnels under rivers, are now ten a penny, and so thereby, their constructions arent anymore seen to be miracles

What was a miracle yesterday, doesnt necessarily remains being a miracle today or even tomorrow

paxonel:
It also instructive to note that, many of the problems we take to church for miracles require physical remedy, not spiritual remedy.
Examples are financial prosperity, protection and good health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAYIut5sVQ
00:20 | Is it religion or spirituality?
02:18 | Is there black magic?
04:39 | Cults similar to Shakahola around the world
07:37 | Religion is a multi-billion-dollar business
09:31 | African spirituality
12:28 | Prayers without action is superstition
15:08 | Ignorance leads to religious extremism

Sheer ignorances, biblical illiteracy, spiritual dullness and laziness makes sheeple run to pulpits, to organised church, to false prophets et cetera for quick fixes, short cuts

paxonel:
So if we have the vast majority of our problems that can be solved physically, it already shows that physical controls this life and not the spiritual.
When the soul doesnt have a viable spirit man to communicate, connect and tap into the Spirit, then the soul is vulnerable, and one of the consequences, will be, the physical, (i.e. the body, through lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life) will control the soul

paxonel:
Exactly, you are on point
smiley

paxonel:
you are perfectly right.
smiley

paxonel:
Using Engineering machinery and equipments can be used to achieve that
smiley

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 9:44am On Jan 01
MaxInDHouse:

I asked:

paxonel:
... knowledge and wisdom isn't the same thing.
Knowledge is, knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom, is knowing and understanding, not to put a tomato in a fruit bowl or fruit salad.

Wisdom comes from processing correctly good thinking and information, to then arrive at good conclusions and even make good judgement

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:50am On Jan 01
paxonel:

you mean, there are no members of your religious organization that were not killed in Gaza, simply because they belong to a group?
We don't believe in survival of the fittest that's totally inhumane to us so if all people are using their brains intelligently practicing what my group teaches there will be no more wars globally. That's what i'm saying.
paxonel:
knowledge and wisdom isn't the same thing.
If someone in the group claims to know the cause of HIV /AIDS and he is not applying the knowledge, then he is not wise.
These things are very possible
That means wisdom is limited to my group alone because all the people on this planet knows the importance of peace yet they're still going to war which means they're not making use of their brains like we do.
paxonel:

there is no one such group that is capable of protecting it members when the battle for the fittest arises.
The battle is usually indivualistic and irrational.
As a matter of fact, when the battle is becoming intense due to extreme shortage of resources, members of the purported group begins to cannibalize each other.
So, there is nothing like group in the real sense
Our group is doing the needful by impressing it in the minds of millions of our members throughout the world that it's insanity thinking you're wise when you know the value of peace but join killers when they're carrying weapons to kill and get killed just to prove their fitness! undecided
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by NNTR: 11:57am On Jan 01
MaxInDHouse:
The Holy Spirit is like the current of electricity that activates the believer to do God's will anytime we ought to, your soul must be receptive just like houses in a street were built but only those connected to the electric poles makes use of electricity when the current flows.

So before God's Holy Spirit can work with you you must have been a student of God's word by so doing you're connecting your soul to the current.

Unlike the power supply from humans that's not stable due to imperfection on the path of those behind it's source God's Holy Spirit is ever active no power failure you only need to connect your soul through careful reading, diligent studying, thorough meditation and fervent prayer! Proverbs 2:1-5
smiley
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01
MaxInDHouse:

We don't believe in survival of the fittest that's totally inhumane to us so if all people are using their brains intelligently practicing what my group teaches there will be no more wars globally. That's what i'm saying.
ok

That means wisdom is limited to my group alone because all the people on this planet knows the importance of peace yet they're still going to war which means they're not making use of their brains like we do.
ok

Our group is doing the needful by impressing it in the minds of millions of our members throughout the world that it's insanity thinking you're wise when you know the value of peace but join killers when they're carrying weapons to kill and get killed just to prove their fitness! undecided
ok, let's look at the summary of the article below, about your group scandals.

Let's say, the scam, theft, fraud and other crimes involving money.

A jw member that scammed another member according to this article, isn't that survival of the fittest such that the scammer won the battle or war, while the other jw member who is being scammed lost the war?

Please think before you answer

1 Like

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Jan 01
paxonel:
ok
ok
ok, let's look at the summary of the article below, about your group scandals.
Let's say, the scam, theft, fraud and other crimes involving money.
A jw member that scammed another member according to this article, isn't that survival of the fittest such that the scammer won the battle or war, while the other jw member who is being scammed lost the war?
Please think before you answer
Before i answer your question do you believe in the Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grace And Mercy / I Want To Be A God / Another Attack On Christain In Jos Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.