Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Do Spirits Control The Physical? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Spirits Control The Physical? (1235 Views)

How Do Spirits Exist? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / The Spiritual Controls The Physical (16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by PoliteActivist: 8:39am On Jan 04
paxonel:
i will follow the suggestion PoliteActivist gave.
For the purpose of clarity, here are the definitions of these four words: Spirit, Spiritual, thought and Physical from Oxford dictionary as they relate to what we are discussing

SPIRIT :
a supernatural being or essence of such
SPIRITUAL :
of or relating to sacred matters
THOUGHT :
an individual act of thinking or product of thinking
PHYSICAL :
having material existence : perceptible especially through the senses and subject to the laws of nature

From these definitions you will see that :
1.The words spirit and spiritual do not have the same meaning
2. The word spiritual relates to sacred matters: Example is the illustration i gave to you concerning Adeboye as a spiritual father
3. The word thought is thinking of the physical mind and has nothing to do with spirits : that's why i declined responding to all those your questions in the first place. Because I was thinking, what exactly is the relationship between spirit and thought?
4. The word physical also encompasses senses in which thoughts of the mind falls within.

Have i answered all your questions now? grin
*Politeness*
Bottom line: we have NO WAY of knowing if a supernatural exists. It is possible everything in our reality has natural explanations - only that we don't yet know what some of them are.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Bottom line: we have NO WAY of knowing if a supernatural exists.
not really!
There are physical evidences

It is possible erything in our reality has natural explanations - only that we don't yet know what some of them are.
very true
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by KnownUnknown: 12:26pm On Jan 04
paxonel:

What are these physical evidence of the “supernatural”?
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04
KnownUnknown:

What are these physical evidence of the “supernatural”?
you will only see that when you have interest in studying religious books
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by PoliteActivist: 4:36pm On Jan 04
paxonel:
not really!

very true
*Politeness*
😆The statements go together! If you say one is "very true" you have automatically agreed with the other!

We are not even sure the natural exists the way we perceive it, talkless of the supernatural!🤣
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by Maynman: 6:36pm On Jan 04
What are "spirits"?
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by KnownUnknown: 6:43pm On Jan 04
paxonel:

Which implies things that happen within religious mythology are spiritual.
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by KnownUnknown: 7:55pm On Jan 04
paxonel:

Spiritual thing?
https://www.nairaland.com/7958259/moment-nigerian-man-walked-water#127780658
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04
KnownUnknown:

Which implies things that happen within religious mythology are spiritual.
that is how religious people ostensibly present it to the world.
But in the real sense, unknown to them there are real evidences/facts about the validity of the Christian holy book called the bible.
It will take only an intelligent religious research to unvail these evidences
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by KnownUnknown: 11:21pm On Jan 04
paxonel:
that is how religious people ostensibly present it to the world.
But in the real sense, unknown to them there are real evidences/facts about the validity of the Christian holy book called the bible.
It will take only an intelligent religious research to unvail these evidences

What are these evidence? You must have made this intelligent religious research to be confident enough to make these claims.

1 Like

Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by paxonel(m): 5:30am On Jan 05
KnownUnknown:

What are these evidence? You must have made this intelligent religious research to be confident enough to make these claims.
it will make no meaning to you, except you have been familarized with the content of the book.
You will just be like someone who is being thought cybersecurity when you don't even understand back-end coding, or someone who is going to law school when he doesn't understand literature.

Even intelligent pastors who are considered great pastors by the people, are really finding it difficult to grasp the reality of the book. That explains why the religion is currently in a state of quagmire in terms of intelligent or factual representations of it teachings and everyone are teaching what suits their desire thereby the offshoot of millions of Christian denominations with their own peculiar doctrines.which is truly a huge problem.
And that is why they cannot explain to atheists who had truly wanted to know.

Like i have said, it will take your desire to know atleast the basics, before i can start explaining. Otherwise, all my explanation will make no meaning to you
Re: Do Spirits Control The Physical? by KnownUnknown: 12:27pm On Jan 05
paxonel:
it will make no meaning to you, except you have been familarized with the content of the book.
You will just be like someone who is being thought cybersecurity when you don't even understand back-end coding, or someone who is going to law school when he doesn't understand literature.

Even intelligent pastors who are considered great pastors by the people, are really finding it difficult to grasp the reality of the book. That explains why the religion is currently in a state of quagmire in terms of intelligent or factual representations of it teachings and everyone are teaching what suits their desire thereby the offshoot of millions of Christian denominations with their own peculiar doctrines.which is truly a huge problem.
And that is why they cannot explain to atheists who had truly wanted to know.

Like i have said, it will take your desire to know atleast the basics, before i can start explaining. Otherwise, all my explanation will make no meaning to you

All I requested was evidence, which you imply is known..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proove It! Is Quran Really God's Word And Not Man's / Question And Answers / MFM Rewards 77 First Class Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.