Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK (25497 Views)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Tunechi5(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01
Brother na fg job you hold ohh,hold am tight,if you have enough money japa,but first hold that job

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Yankee101: 12:46pm On Jan 01
Do both
You’re entitled to study leave after a while with the fed
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Equity15(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01
Emma1Oj:
of course he will be one of the cabals or was connected by one of the cabals. Because, only connection will give a 34yrs(if true) above 200k federal job when their are federal professors, medical and teachers etc in their 50's , 60's still earning less than 100k or a little abv 100k.
you guys just like to talk without facts. Which proffessor earns less than or a little above 100k?

15 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by bdon123(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
Travel anywhere else not uk.i presently know some people in uk that are planning to return naija as they are stranded.no enough yansh washing job again to pay house rent.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Juliearth(f): 5:28pm On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.

I would advise you to stick to your beliefs. You can have it all. Explore multiple streams of income, settle with your partner and much later, your business(es) can fund your emigration.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Juliearth(f): 5:29pm On Jan 01
Namaster:
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

If you have the money, LEAVE Nigeria. Don't even think twice.

There's no reason to stay in Nigeria unless you are part of the cabals.

This is a selfish opinion. While it's true that it is never too late for a man to settle, have you thought of the damage towing this path would cause to his partner? This can only be viable if there is no relationship in view.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by stagger: 12:39pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

The UK is not the place for you.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by bjbjjo: 12:42pm On Jan 02
From canada travel ooo
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by SmartyPants(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

You need to also explain what exactly you will be doing in the UK after your studies or is it just for studies that you want to travel? Are you aware that the policies are becoming increasingly migrant-unfriendly?

You've also not stated what your financial situation is. If you can afford to make the massive investment in travelling for studies to the UK, which will cost you at least 20k gbp or 25 million naira thereabouts, from travel processing to fees over the duration of your studies, then how does the economic situation really bother you?

If you are eyeing better economic opportunities, then you should be rather asking what you can invest in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Trustedpronet: 12:43pm On Jan 02
Should I die or stay alive. Chose one

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by oliverwrites: 12:44pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

You are the one who can best advise yourself. 200K a month is very small but if you are able to increase it while still here by all means go for it. Most Nigerians who go abroad do not go their to become rich, they go there to become a middle class. I once had an offer of 10,000 euros per month from a German company, I turned it down because I never wanted to cheat on my wife and I know it will happen while over there, I sounded like a fool to my wife then, 5 years later, it has turned out to be the best decision.

Seat yourself down, calculate everything. Be honest to yourself then make a decision. Nigeria is not half as bad as people make it to sound.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Chizy12345: 12:45pm On Jan 02
japa syndrome is a good ideal. because, this year is unpredictable. japa and do whatever job you see and collecting your pounds and come back and change it to naira. you will balance yourself over night without stress

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by mrkings84(m): 12:46pm On Jan 02
Pls leave as much as possible. The country has settled you. There are over a million people waiting to occupy that vacant once u quit.

Abeg what I mean is leaving will at least be an answer to someone who's been praying for a job!....

6 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by treesun: 12:47pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Are you going on scholarship! If it is FG job, you can apply for study leave with pay or at worst without pay. If things dont go well in UK, you can return home. Please dont sell your landed property, if you have any!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Evolutionism: 12:50pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Make sure you do everything to stay back in Nigeria, marry two wives and have at least twelve children.

Since you have a well good paid job. What else are you looking for?

A bird in hand is worth millions in the forest.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by chidiakwari: 12:50pm On Jan 02
Do everything within your means to live Nigeria.

Nigeria will NEVER get better.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ufotty2001: 12:52pm On Jan 02
Namaster:
[/b]Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.[b]

na this kind advice I go follow. Now am 38yrs I never marry but financially stable.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by akanjikokoro: 12:52pm On Jan 02
I beg travel to UK if you have the mission.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Biola67: 12:52pm On Jan 02
Na you sabi, If you like wait
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Eriokanmi: 12:53pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Let me ask you this OP. After finishing your programme, what do you plan to do with your certificate? I ask this because there's no such automatic job anymore. I have a friend by the name ngozi who relocated to the UK for her master's degree in 2016. She looked for jobs in the UK as a lawyer but nothing came her way. As a fashionista that she was, she decided to set up a website where she was posting clothing and designs for people to make orders. She doesn't know how to sew clothes. Enquiries started flowing in from UK, US, Germany, Canada, etc as Nigerians in the diaspora were busy sharing her contacts.

She had one tailor at surulere before she left. She'd take measurements from interested customers and their designs and send back home to her tailor to sew. Once clothes are ready, her brother will collect them and dispatch directly to customers overseas. The business recorded huge growth and she added another tailor in Nigeria. These 2 tailors are always fully booked from January to December. They don't do anything else. They're fully committed to ngozi's jobs.
The last time we spoke, she said she makes 2,700 pounds monthly as profit. She only occupies a small room in the UK, no staff, she pays no tax, no office. Which law firm would pay her that?

No job my guy. Stay on that fed govt job and add some side business and grow it. You'd fall back on it after retirement. Don't forget that government work is less tedious. You have your time to do whatever you want. Forget all those tiktok videos those in the diaspora are sharing oo. Many I'd them would run back home if they were offered a Fed Govt job.

Marriage should be the least of your plans. Things have changed now. Within 6 years of marriage, you're done with having kids and if God now blesses you with multiple births, your house go full. Be wise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 12:53pm On Jan 02
Equity15:
you guys just like to talk without facts. Which proffessor earns less than or a little above 100k?
obviously OP is one of those highly connected cabal for him to have secured a FG Job with 200k+ salary at 34

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ppogba: 12:55pm On Jan 02
Your believe about people making it in Nigeria is not strong enough.

If it is, you will not want to leave certainty for the opposite.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by bonnyhope: 12:56pm On Jan 02
Equity15:

Don't mind the guy, even graduate assistant earn more than 100k

5 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by omoredia: 12:56pm On Jan 02
If u supported Emi Lo Kan no matter where u go to it shall never be well with you. I dey tell u bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by dimeji1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02
Stay in Naija as you can't bring your wife from January 1st.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by marvellous2222: 12:56pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

go on your knee with fasting and ask God for divine direction

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Blankstare(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02
Pls marry now, immediately take a two years study leave with your wife. While there, you will decide if you want to return or not.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ndidibabe(f): 12:57pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

With the new immigration law in UK, don't consider travelling there. Many people in the UK will be returning home from next year.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Geovanni412(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

The issue is simple

I am tired of this type of questions sha

But lemme solve it for you

Are you ready to start wiping sheet of old men ?

Are you willing to do night job?

Are you willing to change your career path to sth like Nursing?

If the answer is No to all of these, stay where you are

If the answer is Yes, then continue reading...

Before you relocate to a new area, check your qualifications and ease of adaptability

Immigration laws in UK are getting stiffer. You need sponsored job to remain in UK and to get it through 'sorting', you may spend upwards of £7,000 and even as at then, it is still uncertain.

If you must migrate to UK, get a skill, get a sponsored job. All these education routes don cast.

If you're willing to do the above things I earlier stated, about career path and care job, your focus should be more on Canada rather than UK.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Nice2023(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02
Namaster:
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

Marriage is not late for men grin grin.

Says who?

Pls,stop saying this.

Let me assume u are consoling yourself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Quebec91(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02
Nice advice!

I wonder too
motymop:
why are you running?

You are in a federal government job, why arent you patient to climb the leader and reach the top, everything takes times

Why run to the uk and be stagnant

Building your career in your government job is better than moving to the uk. in the UK, you will be stagnant and wont get social network and career progression like you do in Nigeria

Eveeything takes time but i will rather be in Nigeria with my federal job, move up the ladder, improve on myself, build my social network, retire and get a good pension

why waste your time in the Uk living an average life
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by samuelson06(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

You are even making any meaningful thing and marriage has become your major problem. This is how you end up falling into poverty. For your traveling, if the option isn't to be considered by the government over there for basic benefits, then think twice about it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Congratulatory Message From Npower / Neco Cordination June/July 2015 begins August 15th, 2015 / Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.