Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK (25519 Views)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Wizman423: 12:58pm On Jan 02
If you like, advise this person from now till tomorrow, he/she know what to do regardless of the advice given. grin

6 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ppogba: 12:58pm On Jan 02
Eriokanmi:
Let me ask you this OP. After finishing your programme, what do you plan to do with your certificate? I ask this because there's no such automatic job anymore. I have a friend by the name ngozi who relocated to the UK for her master's degree in 2016. She looked for jobs in the UK as a lawyer but nothing came her way. As a fashionista that she was, she decided to set up a website where she was posting clothing and designs for people to make orders. She doesn't know how to sew clothes. Enquiries started flowing in from UK, US, Germany, Canada, etc as Nigerians in the diaspora were busy sharing her contacts.

She had one tailor at surulere before she left. She'd take measurements from interested customers and their designs and send back home to her tailor to sew. Once clothes are ready, her brother will collect them and dispatch directly to customers overseas. The business recorded huge growth and she added another tailor in Nigeria. These 2 tailors are always fully booked from January to December. They don't do anything else. They're fully committed to ngozi's jobs.
The last time we spoke, she said she makes 2,700 pounds monthly as profit. She only occupies a small room in the UK, no staff, she pays no tax, no office. Which law firm would pay her that?

No job my guy. Stay on that fed govt job and add some side business and grow it. You'd fall back on it after retirement. Don't forget that government work is less tedious. You have your time to do whatever you want. Forget all those tiktok videos those in the diaspora are sharing oo. Many I'd them would run back home if they were offered a Fed Govt job.

When people ask for a nice Nigerian, I will point in your direction.

Why you dey tell blind person say rain dey fall?

A dreamer wants to his his federal job and you are here preaching for him like Baba Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by boxypane(m): 12:59pm On Jan 02
The odds are quite simple, I'm sure you're dating who you want to marry already, coz looking for such over here after Japa na play o! You'd earn better doing smaller jobs than your salary here but that depends on how you can cope with surviving and studying. But really, if you believe Naija na place to hit big, bro do online masters from here.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Sirchiboy: 12:59pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
Can you connect me with the job the pay 200k and above

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by 1950Mack: 12:59pm On Jan 02
How many times will people learn say London na scam... my padi wey japa with 20million two years ago return last October begin wail like say onions enter him eyes.... you get rich quicker in Nigeria than obodoyibo... if you don't gerrit then try it... experience is a professor... he teach my ni.g.g.a wella grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by maasoap(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.

Think long and hard before you choose to japa. And make sure that whatever decision you take, you won't give room for regrets even if the result is not up to your expectations

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by israelmao(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02
Having a job with great security here in Nigeria that pays you N200k per month is not bad and I believe you can as well secure postgraduate degree of you choice here in Nigeria though studying in UK could afford you opportunity to work alongside but remember the hurdles that come with obtaining green card after your study visa expires and come to think of it the new minimum wage is coming there's every possibility that you'll earn more than what are earning now.Earn your postgraduate degree here and settle down here in Nigeria being a federal civil servant also afford you opportunity to access some loan which you can add up to one you've already saved up for business establishment.If going to UK is your desire you can still apply for further studies in the nearest future.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:02pm On Jan 02
Evolutionism:

Make sure you do everything to stay back in Nigeria.

Since you have a well good paid job. What else are you looking for?

A bird in hand is worth millions in the forest.
is 200k a well good paid job for a 34 years old man in this your Tinubu government?

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by erico2k2(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Bross E be like say u na village people dey temper with your Wifi,Japa like yesterday right now. N200k ke when you need N30m to build and average house and rising

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by rapheal5(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

I know you have too much pressure on you, you already have serious relationship and you trying to consider marriage because you don't want to lose her....I just want you to know do what ever you can, not to go broke. Because if you go broke that woman you don't want to lose will lose you...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by lexy2014: 1:05pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

pls stay in Nigeria after all like you said you can make it in Nigeria despite all odds

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:05pm On Jan 02
1950Mack:
How many times will people learn say London na scam... my padi wey japa with 20million two years ago return last October begin wail like say onions enter him eyes.... [b]you get rich quicker in Nigeria than obodoyibo... [/b]if you don't gerrit then try it... experience is a professor... he teach my ni.g.g.a wella grin grin grin
LoL

Ignorance at his highest peak

Yet, naija top the ladder of unemployment and poverty in the world
Naija top the ladder of weak and worthless currency in the world
Naija leaders are one of the highest paid in the world while their subjects are so poor that they can't afford ordinary 3 square meal daily

If you think this country will ever get better then you're either a politician, Yahoo Yahoo or ritualist

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02
1950Mack:
How many times will people learn say London na scam... my padi wey japa with 20million two years ago return last October begin wail like say onions enter him eyes.... you get rich quicker in Nigeria than obodoyibo... if you don't gerrit then try it... experience is a professor... he teach my ni.g.g.a wella grin grin grin
Dem scam the guy, 20m should give him rights in the UK

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by maasoap(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02
Jewessgratitud3:
Don't give yourself hypertension. Do your calculations first to know if your current income can sustain a small family in this economy and still afford you a business of your own. If yes get married and start a family. If no, go further in your studies abroad, get a better job then look for a wife and marry.

If you choose to go abroad make sure you already have a job and accommodation waiting so you don't get stranded and start regretting your move .
He wants to go with student visa just like many others. Without dependant who will be working full time to support him, he's likely to regret his decision if he chooses to go.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by lagabush(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02
If u can raise over 20 million without borrowing loan don't bother urself going uk. You are leaving your comfortability and peace of mind for uncertainty. The only reason I will support that is if u study health line or highly educated tech skills. If u do t have any of the two and u did not have a viable skills don't bother ur self, this advise is from experience gathered in d so called journey of life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Konjiboii: 1:06pm On Jan 02
Set up a business in Nigeria and enjoy your federal perks, abroad don cast
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by qtx(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02
Domainer1999:
Don't keep your job and don't travel to the UK.
Chai! What is this sef? shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by BloomingDale(f): 1:08pm On Jan 02
UnfairLife7:
That is your own view too. If you like give birth before 25 that doesn't make you better than someone that gives birth at 50.

Poverty isn't about imagination, it is reality. Nigeria top the ladder of poverty, unemployment and weak currency (exchange rate) in the world

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:10pm On Jan 02
Sirchiboy:
Can you connect me with the job the pay 200k and above
make i bend if he connect you

4 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Mrbenny001: 1:11pm On Jan 02
Some people are advising a single guy earning 200k not to travel to UK if you gat the means.. I'm stunned..my brother Japa if you can now..once your married..it's harder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by qtx(m): 1:12pm On Jan 02
tyinfinity:
Marry first .build a house and travel with your family if you desperately desire to leave Nigeria
What is the essence of the house when they relocate?
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Flier: 1:13pm On Jan 02
Wizman423:
If you like, advise this person from now till tomorrow, he/she know what to do regardless of the advice given. grin
That is it! They have already decide but just came online to satisfy their ego
Even tho abroad isn’t easy and it’s not for everyone,it’s better to go there if you are not making at least 500k a month in Nigeria
Go there,make enough money and come back to start a business
Abroad isn’t where you can stay forever as most Nigerians believe.Its a waste of one’s life

4 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by kabanayol9(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

My brother, travel out, also get a Nigeria woman to marry over here, i am not saying you should go with her, it's optional though not compulsory whenever you are ready you will always get a good woman to marry.
Before leaving that good job of yours, ensure your overseas package is ready and confirmed bro, we are agemates, i wouldn't want anything bad for you.
Above all pray to GOD Almighty to lead and direct you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Wotowotoman: 1:14pm On Jan 02
Eriokanmi:
Let me ask you this OP. After finishing your programme, what do you plan to do with your certificate? I ask this because there's no such automatic job anymore. I have a friend by the name ngozi who relocated to the UK for her master's degree in 2016. She looked for jobs in the UK as a lawyer but nothing came her way. As a fashionista that she was, she decided to set up a website where she was posting clothing and designs for people to make orders. She doesn't know how to sew clothes. Enquiries started flowing in from UK, US, Germany, Canada, etc as Nigerians in the diaspora were busy sharing her contacts.

She had one tailor at surulere before she left. She'd take measurements from interested customers and their designs and send back home to her tailor to sew. Once clothes are ready, her brother will collect them and dispatch directly to customers overseas. The business recorded huge growth and she added another tailor in Nigeria. These 2 tailors are always fully booked from January to December. They don't do anything else. They're fully committed to ngozi's jobs.
The last time we spoke, she said she makes 2,700 pounds monthly as profit. She only occupies a small room in the UK, no staff, she pays no tax, no office. Which law firm would pay her that?

No job my guy. Stay on that fed govt job and add some side business and grow it. You'd fall back on it after retirement. Don't forget that government work is less tedious. You have your time to do whatever you want. Forget all those tiktok videos those in the diaspora are sharing oo. Many I'd them would run back home if they were offered a Fed Govt job.

Marriage should be the least of your plans. Things have changed now. Within 6 years of marriage, you're done with having kids and if God now blesses you with multiple births, your house go full. Be wise.

You are seriously asking which law firm will pay her 2700 pounds? You really think 2700 pounds is good money? You must be a villager.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by rhythyson: 1:14pm On Jan 02
Let me know if you have anything for sale I beg
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Jewessgratitud3: 1:15pm On Jan 02
maasoap:

He wants to go with student visa just like many others. Without dependant who will be working full time to support him, he's likely to regret his decision if he chooses to go.

That was why I made that last statement because to survive there as a student only allowed to work 20 hours, its not going to be easy but if he has things sorted out to a large extent from here before going, it would lessen the stress.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by SirLakes: 1:16pm On Jan 02
I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds.

What else do you want to hear?

Abi this one dey craze nii

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by fred04(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02
Baba leave this shithole country. How much is 200k ??
200k is not even equal to 200 pounds. Bro if you have a sure link to japa, no think twice as long it's legit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:16pm On Jan 02
Wotowotoman:

You are seriously asking which law firm will pay her 2700 pounds? You really think 2700 pounds is good money? You must be a villager.
Don't mind them. Many hustle abroad will pay far more than that at the end of the month

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by yetmao: 1:16pm On Jan 02
dhope:

But success is all about running after or pursuing money through lifetime? I am sorry to say ure in the category of young Nigerians that need proper orientation about life mission. Some of them are into yahoo yahoo here pursuing money without purpose while the few educated are pursuing japa without direction. Early raising of children (if ure not a papa) is worthwhile for those who understand the purpose of marriage. Although it is meaningless to those who believes they can just pick a white girl to impregnate in order to get a foreign citizenship. Before you tell me something about poverty, it only exist in your mind or imagination.

As in telling me that a civil servant collecting 200k as salary is not successful.

When person no struggle to see job, he will be thinking like life is easy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by obas01(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02
Note: everything is not about money,
Just that money is one of the important things of life.

200k monthly salary will be something you will earn daily in the UK in the next 7 months, if Nigeria system goes the way it's going and the UK implement the propose new minimum wages ( it's going to be a sad reality my brother).

Pray never to regret any of Ur decisions u are to make this year 2024, Align Ur will to the wil Of God Ur creator.
Those who have found the will of the creator and work in it never regret.
Try Jesus.

Hope I will make sense, if only to just 1 person.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by BigDawsNet: 1:18pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

Don't think twice.. start planning on securing your addmission.. and get it started...

Tho UK studies with new xchange rates will cost over 13m now... so be prepared

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neco Cordination June/July 2015 begins August 15th, 2015 / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.