Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK (25524 Views)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Evolutionism: 1:20pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
is 200k a well good paid job for a 34 years old man in this your Tinubu government?

Please don't be angry with me. Thanks.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by warrifinest1985: 1:20pm On Jan 02
My brother japa immediately, but dont go the UK because the UK is filled with old people and old buildings, i swear if you give me a free visa to the UK I wont go. Go to the US or canada instead! Because if a man comes to this world and maybe lived 90 years and died without seeing the white man land, that person soul will definately not rest in peace, his soul will roam from generation to generation.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Crafteck1: 1:20pm On Jan 02
tyinfinity:
Marry first .build a house and travel with your family if you desperately desire to leave Nigeria

Lol, kuku kill him
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by lakefist(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02
Kloenboi:
UK don full o!

Just pray for God's direction.

Which UK full?

šŸ˜‚
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Crafteck1: 1:21pm On Jan 02
warrifinest1985:
My brother japa immediately, but dont go the UK because the UK is filled with old people and old buildings, i swear if you give me a free visa to the UK I wont go. Go to the US or canada instead! Because if a man comes to this world and maybe lived 90 years and died without seeing the white man land, that person soul will definately not rest in peace, his soul will roam from generation to generation.

What a depressing statement

4 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by lakefist(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02
warrifinest1985:

Country wey u never visit or experience you they badmouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by SirLakes: 1:22pm On Jan 02
Equity15:
you guys just like to talk without facts. Which proffessor earns less than or a little above 100k?
Lol šŸ˜‚
Na wetin hin village professor dey earn be that

They just churn out figures without thinking šŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Crafteck1: 1:22pm On Jan 02
Inspirer1:
Keep your job, start a side business till it can fetch you what you earn from your job or more, get married in between, then later come back for advice...my 2cents

Wickedness, side hustle dey crash like sosoliso

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Evolutionism: 1:22pm On Jan 02
Domainer1999:
Don't keep your job and don't travel to the UK.

grin grin grin
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by fitinwell: 1:24pm On Jan 02
Emma1Oj:
of course he will be one of the cabals or was connected by one of the cabals. Because, only connection will give a 34yrs(if true) above 200k federal job when their are federal professors, medical and teachers etc in their 50's , 60's still earning less than 100k or a little abv 100k.

Bro ,.. if you see as i Shock... You no go believe am?.... And yet still plans to relocate.

Earning above ā‚¦200k in Nigeria... You are already living abroad life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Sirchiboy: 1:26pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
make i bend if he connect you
This is why Nigeria is backwards.
We don't like ourselves or want others to progress.
If we can help one another then Nigeria will be a better place to be.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Fearyourcreator: 1:27pm On Jan 02
Namaster:
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

If you have the money, LEAVE Nigeria. Don't even think twice.

There's no reason to stay in Nigeria unless you are part of the cabals.
People wey no reach you dey make money with online skill .. cus you no wan take responsibility you sha wan slave for white people yeye dey smell for all of una body ... Make una go hang for the system... Your mate are milking the financial market but una Sha want money Una no wan work for ... West dey humble many of you at the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by KrisUc(m): 1:27pm On Jan 02
Namaster:

best advice, if you begin to plan marriage with 200k, it may not carry you and your wife alone talk more of when children starts coming in. If you're able to fund your travel, please move, you can marry anytime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Fearyourcreator: 1:27pm On Jan 02
captaininiobong:
Brother, go for your studies, you can marry when you are through. It's not easy to marry, keep the woman lonely here and go there studying.

And it's not also easy securing visa for her when she isn't coming to do anything there. Or packing your family down there. More expenses and workload.

Take your time with studies, study a hot course, get employed there. If you see a white girl, impregnate her and get double citizenship.

$ will never stop running in your account
Naso e easy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ShugaSneh: 1:30pm On Jan 02
You go just open mouth waaa, off point every time, tueh
tyinfinity:
Marry first .build a house and travel with your family if you desperately desire to leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:30pm On Jan 02
Sirchiboy:
This is why Nigeria is backwards.
We don't like ourselves or want others to progress.
If we can help one another then Nigeria will be a better place to be.
OP must be related or know one of those cabals to have gotten a FG Job that pays 200k+ monthly. He won't want to connect you because he doesn't want you to be comfortable like him

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by geokay777(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02
tyinfinity:
Am against this though, cos it's far more easier and cheaper to travel as a bachelor than as a family.

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Oluwomonext212(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02
UK school fees is huge, except u want to pay a substantial amount before leaving naija. But I would advise u give a try if you have the finances and ability to endure the first one year of struggle and staggering in the UK. Because obviously your salary in naija does not encourage me to advise u to stay back, except u are already looking forward to a progression in rank and salary.

Good luck in whatever u decide.

mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by bluefilm: 1:33pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
is 200k a well good paid job for a 34 years old man in this your Tinubu government?

What will you then say about people who are unemployed in this same tinubu government?

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by ShugaSneh: 1:33pm On Jan 02
Lol, this one is obviously chatting from one local village in the bush, it's clear you haven't been to anywhere aside your village, to think this way, chai
captaininiobong:
Brother, go for your studies, you can marry when you are through. It's not easy to marry, keep the woman lonely here and go there studying.

And it's not also easy securing visa for her when she isn't coming to do anything there. Or packing your family down there. More expenses and workload.

Take your time with studies, study a hot course, get employed there. If you see a white girl, impregnate her and get double citizenship.

$ will never stop running in your account

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Aremson14(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02
In a similar situation ship have a fully funded scholarship with living costs (MSc computer science ) vs have a job that pays about 200k tech remotely

Iā€™m about to accept the scholarship and leave the job
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by 1950Mack: 1:36pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
LoL

Ignorance at his highest peak

Yet, naija top the ladder of unemployment and poverty in the world
Naija top the ladder of weak and worthless currency in the world
Naija leaders are one of the highest paid in the world while their subjects are so poor that they can't afford ordinary 3 square meal daily

If you think this country will ever get better then you're either a politician, Yahoo Yahoo or ritualist

Losers talk

Oga travel to UK and see first na... stop crying over your personal failure and frustration

You can grow rich in Nigeria if you know the cues... it's not by ritual or fraud... am a living testimony undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by deyplay: 1:37pm On Jan 02
Life is a game of chess(risk), you risk it, you might lose, you don't take risk, you might still lose. Take a greater calculated risk with much future gain and not temporary comfort. In 10 years from now, do not start regretting , how you wish you had travelled out. You are still young, youthfulness is for risk taking and adventures, and not for comfort zone. Every great man today has left good for better and better for best!! Think wise!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by MrBroke(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02
Keep the job and travel to UK, when you come back you take it back. Just make sure you keep it safe. grin. Na wisdom I cap so o

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by planetx: 1:39pm On Jan 02
UK is trash and not worth it, despite all this clueless people telling you to run to the UK. With the hostility the natives are expressing all over social media with the unending influx of migrants changing the country's demographic, you are better of staying back in Nigeria and build your career like someone suggested over time.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:40pm On Jan 02
1950Mack:

Losers talk

Oga travel to UK and see first na... stop crying over your personal failure and frustration

You can grow rich in Nigeria if you know the cues... it's not by ritual or fraud... am a living testimony undecided
Mr Ronu

We're still saying the same thing. Your country top the ladder of poverty, unemployment, weak and worthless currency in the world? Abi na lie? Statistics doesn't lie

Allow people to relocate in peace and stop discouraging them with your epistle

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Alexis11: 1:42pm On Jan 02
joebeckz:
This is what I think.

Every passing administration in Nigeria have only worsened the state of the country.
Do you wanna remain in this situation?

Do you have job satisfaction and do you earn enough after deduction monthly expenses from your salary to save at least 300- 500k?

If not.. Leave Nigeria.
Marrying will make your savings dip further every month. You will be under pressure and that wouldn't be nice. Plan to leave Nigeria to Australia or Canada or even the USA..
I don't like UK but it's a matter of choice.

One thing is certain, after you gain stability in these countries and you know what you are doing. You will save at least 1k dollars monthly after expense.

You can pick a wife from Nigeria, try to get a nice woman for yourself now. So she go through the phase with you in prayers and to support you with words of encouragement.

My reason for choosing Canada especially is because it is easier to gain stability and immigration documents faster.

UK and Australia ain't bad either.

When you finally finish your one or two year program. Come back to Nigeria and marry your fiancee that would have been with you during this phase and begin to process her papers.
She will join you as dependant.
She will also work and add to your savings as one family.
While she is in Nigeria waiting for you to get done with school. She should enrol in programs that would prepare her for the new country in relevant trade.
Hair making, etc.

If you happen to get a medically inclined lady, it is an advantage to your progress.

Age shouldn't rush you into marrying now.
Proper plan and execution will be worth your wait.

May God direct you.

Balanced.

And you are right about Canada.
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by nakoks(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
Travel to the UK o. We were like you those years and now we wished we left.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by 1950Mack: 1:47pm On Jan 02
Lifeinlight:
Mr Ronu

We're still saying the same thing. Your country top the ladder of poverty, unemployment, weak and worthless currency in the world? Abi na lie? Statistics doesn't lie

Allow people to relocate in peace and stop discouraging them with your epistle

See dis obydiot... oya de go na

Sha don't come back to wail again

Obydiots been wailing since last year's general elections

Keep hoping on government before you make it in life

Now this is an epistle, bedroom taught graduate goofing upandan

Oloshi. Anunpama

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:48pm On Jan 02
Aremson14:
In a similar situation ship have a fully funded scholarship with living costs (MSc computer science )and have a job that pays about 200 tech remotely

Iā€™m about to accept the scholarship
biko which country and how did you get it? Your Cgpa and all that

Please don't think about it twice before leaving o
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Lifeinlight: 1:50pm On Jan 02
1950Mack:

See dis obydiot... oya de go na

Sha don't come back to wail again

Obydiots been wailing since last year's general elections

Keep hoping on government before you make it in life

Now this is an epistle, bedroom taught graduate goofing upandan

Oloshi. Anunpama
Ebi Npa Wa Mr Ronu grin
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by obinnanelson04: 1:50pm On Jan 02
Namaster:

100% true for me.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neco Cordination June/July 2015 begins August 15th, 2015 / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.