Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK (25427 Views)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by mistacoco2: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by tyinfinity: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
Marry first .build a house and travel with your family if you desperately desire to leave Nigeria

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by dawnomike(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

For some days now I have been on a serious dilemma whether to resign from my federal government job that pays me above N200k for my current position and migrate to the UK or stay in naija and set up a business to augment my salary. I will be 34 years next year, I feel traveling to the uk for studies next year September will delay my chances of getting married, as I have planned not exceeding 34 years without getting married.

I belong to the school of thought that believes can make it in Nigeria despite all odds. However, considering the economic realities of the country, I have recently contemplating of japa and maybe get a Nigerian lady for marriage after my studies.

Please I earnestly need matured advice from you guys to know how to start the coming year.
It is your decision to make... But if my opinion is to go by. Pls leave the country.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Namaster: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

If you have the money, LEAVE Nigeria. Don't even think twice.

There's no reason to stay in Nigeria unless you are part of the cabals.

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Domainer1999: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
Don't keep your job and don't travel to the UK.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by captaininiobong(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
Brother, go for your studies, you can marry when you are through. It's not easy to marry, keep the woman lonely here and go there studying.

And it's not also easy securing visa for her when she isn't coming to do anything there. Or packing your family down there. More expenses and workload.

Take your time with studies, study a hot course, get employed there. If you see a white girl, impregnate her and get double citizenship.

$ will never stop running in your account

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by mistacoco2: 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
captaininiobong:
Brother, go for your studies, you can marry when you are through. It's not easy to marry, keep the woman lonely here and go there studying.

And it's not also easy securing visa for her when she isn't coming to do anything there. Or packing your family down there. More expenses and workload.

Take your time with studies, study a hot course, get employed there. If you see a white girl, impregnate her and get double citizenship.

$ will never stop running in your account
thanks

15 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Jayboi(m): 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
If you have the means Japa. By the time u get married on that salary u ll realise it's not much. Unless, u ll get a lady equally working and can augment Ur salary. Factors like Ur present grade level matters too. If u are around 12, u may need to reconsider japa because of Ur prospects.

32 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Inspirer1: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
Keep your job, start a side business till it can fetch you what you earn from your job or more, get married in between, then later come back for advice...my 2cents

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by mactoni91(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

This is me too

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Fredfr33zy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyinfinity:
Marry first .build a house and travel with your family if you desperately desire to leave Nigeria

OP, take this advice. This is exactly what I intend to do.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by motymop: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
why are you running?

You are in a federal government job, why arent you patient to climb the leader and reach the top, everything takes times

Why run to the uk and be stagnant

Building your career in your government job is better than moving to the uk. in the UK, you will be stagnant and wont get social network and career progression like you do in Nigeria

Eveeything takes time but i will rather be in Nigeria with my federal job, move up the ladder, improve on myself, build my social network, retire and get a good pension

why waste your time in the Uk living an average life

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Aladine(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
Take study leave and see how it goes

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by WilsonBright935: 12:24am On Jan 01
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by FatherCHRISTMAS: 12:58am On Jan 01
You should consider your future in terms of comfort and education before you even consider marriage on the same scale.
Its more reasonable if you maintain your job, save and establish a business... But if you want to hit the risk bigger, you may quite your job but proceed to the UK.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by arthurwillia(m): 1:21am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

I hope you have familiarized yourself with the new Visa rules in UK 😀 before embarking on that journey
We sef wey dey here dey rugged am o

18 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by AfahaAbia(m): 1:50am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

With the bolded up there I can see that you're a joker!! Is getting married a success in life?? You better think about making your life better by moving abroad instead of this Una Africa mentality about marriage

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Kloenboi: 2:03am On Jan 01
UK don full o!

Just pray for God's direction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by johnog4sure: 2:15am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

since you said you want to get married, next year then no need travelling
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Ireportlive: 2:45am On Jan 01
Take your annual vacation this year, and get a tourist or visit visa to UK, get a very cheap return ticket and travel for vacation and site seeing

If after a week or 2 relating with Nigerians in UK and seeing the true picture, if it's worth it, then process a student visa,

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by dhope: 4:41am On Jan 01
AfahaAbia:

With the bolded up there I can see that you're a joker!! Is getting married a success in life?? You better think about making your life better by moving abroad instead of this Una Africa mentality about marriage
But success is all about running after or pursuing money through lifetime? I am sorry to say ure in the category of young Nigerians that need proper orientation about life mission. Some of them are into yahoo yahoo here pursuing money without purpose while the few educated are pursuing japa without direction. Early raising of children (if ure not a papa) is worthwhile for those who understand the purpose of marriage. Although it is meaningless to those who believes they can just pick a white girl to impregnate in order to get a foreign citizenship. Before you tell me something about poverty, it only exist in your mind or imagination.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Herkim(m): 5:41am On Jan 01
Bro don't consider marriage for now, if you have the means to travel out of this country please do.

Sincerely Nigeria economy is not friendly due to previous and present govt policies.

You can go ahead and finish your studies abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Ubycare: 6:12am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

One pound as at today is above N1500. Think about it!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by UnfairLife7(m): 6:34am On Jan 01
dhope:

But success is all about running after or pursuing money through lifetime? I am sorry to say ure in the category of young Nigerians that need proper orientation about life mission. Some of them are into yahoo yahoo here pursuing money without purpose while the few educated are pursuing japa without direction. Early raising of children (if ure not a papa) is worthwhile for those who understand the purpose of marriage. Although it is meaningless to those who believes they can just pick a white girl to impregnate in order to get a foreign citizenship. Before you tell me something about poverty, it only exist in your mind or imagination.
That is your own view too. If you like give birth before 25 that doesn't make you better than someone that gives birth at 50.

Poverty isn't about imagination, it is reality. Nigeria top the ladder of poverty, unemployment and weak currency (exchange rate) in the world

24 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by 247man: 6:47am On Jan 01
tyinfinity:

Haa
Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by joebeckz(m): 7:54am On Jan 01
This is what I think.

Every passing administration in Nigeria have only worsened the state of the country.
Do you wanna remain in this situation?

Do you have job satisfaction and do you earn enough after deduction monthly expenses from your salary to save at least 300- 500k?

If not.. Leave Nigeria.
Marrying will make your savings dip further every month. You will be under pressure and that wouldn't be nice. Plan to leave Nigeria to Australia or Canada or even the USA..
I don't like UK but it's a matter of choice.

One thing is certain, after you gain stability in these countries and you know what you are doing. You will save at least 1k dollars monthly after expense.

You can pick a wife from Nigeria, try to get a nice woman for yourself now. So she go through the phase with you in prayers and to support you with words of encouragement.

My reason for choosing Canada especially is because it is easier to gain stability and immigration documents faster.

UK and Australia ain't bad either.

When you finally finish your one or two year program. Come back to Nigeria and marry your fiancee that would have been with you during this phase and begin to process her papers.
She will join you as dependant.
She will also work and add to your savings as one family.
While she is in Nigeria waiting for you to get done with school. She should enrol in programs that would prepare her for the new country in relevant trade.
Hair making, etc.

If you happen to get a medically inclined lady, it is an advantage to your progress.

Age shouldn't rush you into marrying now.
Proper plan and execution will be worth your wait.

May God direct you.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Rickmann: 9:16am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

If you earn well ,stay back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by franchasofficia: 9:39am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
Hello guys,

If you don't have at least 16million naira saved, don't think of going to the UK for study, instead use the money to buy a care job or stay back in Nigeria, save more and plan to Japa to other EU countries by 2025/2026.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Emma1Oj(m): 10:19am On Jan 01
Namaster:
Forget marriage. Marriage is NEVER late for men.

If you have the money, LEAVE Nigeria. Don't even think twice.

There's no reason to stay in Nigeria unless you are part of the cabals.
of course he will be one of the cabals or was connected by one of the cabals. Because, only connection will give a 34yrs(if true) above 200k federal job when their are federal professors, medical and teachers etc in their 50's , 60's still earning less than 100k or a little abv 100k.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by mistacoco2: 10:34am On Jan 01
Emma1Oj:
of course he will be one of the cabals or was connected by one of the cabals. Because, only connection will give a 34yrs(if true) above 200k federal job when their are federal professors, medical and teachers etc in their 50's , 60's still earning less than 100k or a little abv 100k.
and who said I got the job at 34 years? Read and comprehend!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Emma1Oj(m): 10:48am On Jan 01
mistacoco2:
and who said I got the job at 34 years? Read and comprehend!
You read what I wrote and comprehend and use your tongue to count your teeth. Only connection will give you such opportunity so early.

Mind I'm not against your age, job or connection. I just need you to comprehend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK by Jewessgratitud3: 11:51am On Jan 01
Don't give yourself hypertension. Do your calculations first to know if your current income can sustain a small family in this economy and still afford you a business of your own. If yes get married and start a family. If no, go further in your studies abroad, get a better job then look for a wife and marry.

If you choose to go abroad make sure you already have a job and accommodation waiting so you don't get stranded and start regretting your move.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neco Cordination June/July 2015 begins August 15th, 2015 / N-power Deployment Issue Resolved. / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.