Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 - Business (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 (109979 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GhulamOctaFX(m): 11:16am On Apr 05
Jashub:
Would you advice me to use their trading platform or meta trader?

Hi!

Thanks for taking interest in Octa and our services. Octa is a global Forex broker, providing it's service in over 150 countries. We have been offering our financial investment services since 2011 and abide by international laws and standards, ensuring that our clients are provided by a safe and secure trading environment.

If you are new to trading, we suggest you subscribe to our official YouTube to benefits from the enormous pool of educational videos and webinars. Once you have learned the basics, you can even practice on our demo accounts. For any further queries, please contact us via live chat or email us at support@octafx.com. We are always available for you.

Kind regards,
Octa Rep.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 11:40am On Apr 05
GabsonFX2:
I took 550.0 pips ish on that US30 yesterday crash on my new 100K funded account with fundednext. I knew I would be on air for 6 hrs ish, so I shorted it and set a SL and TP. As soon as I descended, I checked and saw TP taken just after 6 hrs. I was wowed! $5,500 bagged on that single 6hrs trade.

This' absolutely tremendous. Owo yapa! E ka bo o

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 12:05pm On Apr 05
Lanshile:
I swear I don tire

There is nothing bad in struggling before making it but the struggle in fx don dey too much

Most of us here are struggling to make it in this game and is not like we are not working hard enough but Only God and the devil understand what is going on in this market
Yesterday's move that caught me off guard has explained everything
We are just spectators in this game
If not for the fact that I only trade with limit order and 1 trade at a time I dont know the level of loss I would have incurred

We will definitely make it but pending the time we make it let's endeavor to write wetin we dey face

I actually learnt my lesson yesterday and I learnt a new thing and yeah loss is part of the game but the Nigerian system did not program us to accept loss that much
50 dollar is more than the minimum wages now tell me how much u are willing to lose before milk and honey start to flow
Oloribu Chelsea whey I dey support that suppose to make me happy whey I dey bad mood still dey lose
Things dey for this life I swear

Be courageous, boss. One day . .

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 12:13pm On Apr 05
Lanshile:

I no dey counter u
I really hope samfelly will organize another challenge so as to see all the things uve explained here

Na how we go take dey see our various performances (on a leaderboard) I still dey look for. Make all the Avatars of fx dey warm up o grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigle(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05
samfelly:

Na how we go take dey see our various performances (on a leaderboard) I still dey look for. Make all the Avatars of fx dey warm up o grin

Mi sef don do press up taya, fxblue really spoil show for person and forexfactory or myfxbook no even get the feature sef

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 12:52pm On Apr 05
This MFFx guy na comedian grin. A whole The Ghost in the Machine na him him dey yab

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Leckney: 12:58pm On Apr 05
RIP in advance,if you know ,you know 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 1:04pm On Apr 05
I'm buying gu, follow me at ya own risk grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 1:12pm On Apr 05
Davigle:

Ogami you are absolutely right sir, I am struggling with information overload because I consume a lot

Then trim down and purge yourself a little. Less is More

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by kellybently(m): 1:13pm On Apr 05
The key parameter that drive NFP, Average Hourly Earnings, it's alway come out very late. just hold on for it before you make your trade decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 1:21pm On Apr 05
NFP no dey hot like before na CPI don take over the tearing of shirts and boxers grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigle(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05
kellybently:
The key parameter that drive NFP, Average Hourly Earnings, it's alway come out very late. just hold on for it before you make your trade decision.

Your head dey there coupled with unemployment rate. I like to call them the three musketeers ie. NFP, unemployment rate and average hourly earnings
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by GabsonFX2: 1:50pm On Apr 05
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

I really hope that you all followed this call - it was brutal and went to -$4100. Gold short went all opposite, I did as I said before, I went to M5 to do my thing. Now all trade closed and I'm now on positive overall today. $98

I will return on standby to see when next I will short gold. But today, I won.

GabsonFX2:
I have gone down to H4 to short gold; let's see if I can go ahead of time in picking the gold swing short.

Gold shorted.
SL = 2301.17
TP = Open, but the indicated TP is placed just incase of news spikes.

PS: NFP is a game changer, its outcome could change the bias; so I'm using good risk-money management.

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 2:02pm On Apr 05
GabsonFX2:

I really hope that you all followed this call - it was brutal and went to -$4100. Gold short went all opposite, I did as I said before, I went to M5 to do my thing. Now all trade closed and I'm now on positive overall today. $98

Congrats, chief

Na you dey inspire man dem

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PriceActionZ: 2:27pm On Apr 05
GabsonFX2:

Good for you bro. grin grin
Me, i gambled all the my prop profits i made this week on my gold today, $150, i don loose am, am back to reset. on standby again.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Jesusmyking(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05
Petah:
you can deposit below $5 dollars.
I once deposited #5,000 on fbs using the local bank. It worked. It was around 3. Something dollars. I traded NzdUsd. And Eurusd. It is best you deposit $5 dollars to have enough equity for flaoting before markets moves in your favour.
All the best to.

1300 naira is minimum deposit and you can deposit via bank tranafer

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by F1re(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05
Scalped on the 1min today.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by F1re(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05
PriceActionZ:

Me, i gambled all the my prop profits i made this week on my gold today, $150, i don loose am, am back to reset. on standby again.

Bro, you've passed phase I and II?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PriceActionZ: 2:40pm On Apr 05
F1re:

Bro, you've passed phase I and II?
noo, i mean my new prop challenge acnt i just bought this week. Its 6k account.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Godwinlabaran70: 2:48pm On Apr 05
THIS US30 IS SO DULL TODAYS... wHATSUP
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 2:54pm On Apr 05
If trading many pairs is giving you headache and no profit

Maybe it is not for you, I have tried both ways (trading 1 pair per acct) and trading multiple pairs

And this is my observation,

Anytime I am trading two pairs say eurusd and xauusd, my mind will always make me want to take the same trade on both pairs

It's either i go long on both pairs or I go short on both pairs

I found it difficult to think of both pairs as independent entitities.

So, for someone like me, it is better for my sanity to trade one pair (eurusd) alone and not bother with correlation but rather focus on using appropriate stop loss for the acct and proper timing management.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 3:01pm On Apr 05
GabsonFX2:

One question, chief. Can you not buy when it's buying and as well, sell when it is selling? Or is that a totally wrong form of trading?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by NaMe4: 3:34pm On Apr 05
Geovanni412:
If trading many pairs is giving you headache and no profit

Maybe it is not for you, I have tried both ways (trading 1 pair per acct) and trading multiple pairs

And this is my observation,

Anytime I am trading two pairs say eurusd and xauusd, my mind will always make me want to take the same trade on both pairs

It's either i go long on both pairs or I go short on both pairs

I found it difficult to think of both pairs as independent entitities.

So, for someone like me, it is better for my sanity to trade one pair (eurusd) alone and not bother with correlation but rather focus on using appropriate stop loss for the acct and proper timing management.

The two pairs you mentioned correlate positively and only increases your risk if you take same trade (bias) on both.
Your portfolio should contain pairs or assets which have negative or no correlation.

eg DXY (Dollar Index) and Gold correlate negatively.

When the Dollar gets weak, due to fear, the big boys such as Institutions, etc invest in gold to keep their money safe.
In times of uncertainty eg war, natural disasters, pandemics, investors would also tend to buy gold in order to reduce risk exposure.

With News releases which show the US economy is improving eg the NFP release today, the USD (DXY) will be favoured (bought), while Gold will stall or be sold off.
For a retail trader, you need to know the mid- to long-term effects of these news, economy, etc then marry it with Technicals (notably Price Action). Best in the mid- to long-term; Higher Time Frames, then scale down to Lower Time Frames for safer entries and minimal drawdowns.

If DXY is favoured, it's best to select a second currency which is fundamentally weaker than the Dollar such as the JPY, as price movements in favour of the Dollar would be stronger and more sustained. Anything which causes the Dollar to be relatively weak compared to the JPY is already an indicator that Gold would be the asset of interest by big investors.

A pair such as the GBP/USD comprises two strong currencies; except high impact events in favour of one against the other occurs, basically this kind of asset show limited price movements.

An example of an asset which has minimal or no correlation with the DXY is Crude Oil.
It is affected majorly by regional news and events relating to OIl-producing Countries eg wars, pandemics, natural disasters, economic health of the country or region.
Basically, for Crude Oil, these are looked out for in addition to technical analysis.
But I don't advise traders with mini accounts to trade Crude Oil, especially if it's to be leveraged as it usually has high margins with most brokers.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PriceActionZ: 3:37pm On Apr 05
PriceActionZ:

i don get half of it back. back to $75 profits. on standby mode. Assuming i didnt reduce my lot seize self, i for don make $250. But we move..

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05
NaMe4:

The two pairs you mentioned correlate positively and only increases your risk if you take same trade (bias) on both.
Your portfolio should contain pairs or assets which have negative or no correlation.

eg DXY (Dollar Index) and Gold correlate negatively.

When the Dollar gets weak, due to fear, the big boys such as Institutions, etc invest in gold to keep their money safe.
In times of uncertainty eg war, natural disasters, pandemics, investors would also tend to buy gold in order to reduce risk exposure.

With News releases which show the US economy is improving eg the NFP release today, the USD (DXY) will be favoured (bought), while Gold will stall or be sold off.
For a retail trader, you need to know the mid- to long-term effects of these news, economy, etc then marry it with Technicals (notably Price Action). Best in the mid- to long-term; Higher Time Frames, then scale down to Lower Time Frames for safer entries and minimal drawdowns.

If DXY is favoured, it's best to select a second currency which is fundamentally weaker than the Dollar such as the JPY, as price movements in favour of the Dollar would be stronger and more sustained. Anything which causes the Dollar to be relatively weak compared to the JPY is already an indicator that Gold would be the asset of interest by big investors.

A pair such as the GBP/USD comprises two strong currencies; except high impact events in favour of one against the other occurs, basically this kind of asset show limited price movements.

Go and look at eurusd and xauusd chart from Mar 27- April 4

How many days did both of them move in the same direction?

Correlation doesn't work the way you think, chief.

If it was that easy, everybody would be a day trader rather than a swing trader or position trader.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by F1re(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05
PriceActionZ:

noo, i mean my new prop challenge acnt i just bought this week. Its 6k account.

Okay, I thought you got funded.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by NaMe4: 3:45pm On Apr 05
Geovanni412:

Go and look at eurusd and xauusd chart from Mar 27- April 4

How many days did both of them move in the same direction?

Correlation doesn't work the way you think, chief.

If it was that easy, everybody would be a day trader rather than a swing trader or position trader.

Exactly what I'm saying. The easiest approach should be in the mid- to long-term. The period you mentioned is only a week. During such periods, you may have such negatively correlating assets 'moving in the same direction', but as time elapses the true biases prevail (Triggered by News) and this is where day traders/short-term traders lose money.

What I wrote earlier was basically a Swing Trading approach though.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by F1re(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05
Godwinlabaran70:
THIS US30 IS SO DULL TODAYS... wHATSUP
Come to the big league bro
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05
NaMe4:

Exactly what I'm saying. The easiest approach should be in the mid- to long-term. The period you mentioned is only a week.

You need to understand that most traders in this forum utilise 10-30 pips as stop loss

These are not mid to long term traders

Mid to long term is where you are using 100 pips -200 pips as stop loss, if we are 150 here, maybe 1 or 2 people have that as their system

Do you understand the reality now?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PriceActionZ: 3:54pm On Apr 05
F1re:

Okay, I thought you got funded.
NO. i dont have money to be wasting buying challenges up and down. i am being careful with my selections of trades with proper mm that wont hurt my account. This only one i have, i want to carefully build it, may be i can compound the profits, if am able to pass the stages and make profits. Only if.....i am able.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Donsheddy: 4:12pm On Apr 05
Honestly we need to find a solution to this fx problem

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by peteregwu(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05
peteregwu:
On Brent, could we see it drop deep down? 🤞🤞

Closed Brent in loss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (234) (Reply)

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? / For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc

Viewing this topic: Cashhy11, iemfQ and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.