Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff (17934 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Mull Tariff Increment / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by outoftheworld: 8:33pm On Jan 01
Evil men in power
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by raddyworld: 8:33pm On Jan 01
Are u sure
And my meter has being sounding timm timn since 31st.
I understand this might be hard. But I think we pray that God should favour me irrespective of which tribe and leader is ruling.
In every ruling for the past 60yrs. Some people will be favoured and some won't, it is a down time for someone while upliftment for another.
When cement is 6k that is when some got the money to build.
Time and Chances matters according to the bible
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Angelfrost(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01
Greenfaces:

Especially in benin city. Cave.

I visited Asaba recently, and I almost wept!

A whole capital of Delta state literally swimming in chronic darkness.

BEDC is a joke!!!

2 Likes

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Dshocker(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01
It is a welcomed development ✅✅✅
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by TruthsFM: 8:34pm On Jan 01
johnbullthe2rd:
no be lie
yes soo
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by happney65: 8:35pm On Jan 01
Make them sha give me prepaid metre. If they like make them increase am as long as I won't be paying for estimated billing for darkness like have been doing

1 Like

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Cregon: 8:37pm On Jan 01
I have been enjoying 24hrs light for about 2 months now. It's really amazing.
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Greenfusion: 8:37pm On Jan 01
And tinubulation continues
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Brushstrokes20: 8:37pm On Jan 01
👀👀👀👀The shyyythole from fry pan to FIRE 🔥🔥🔥

But when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE 💯✅
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by chidi2003(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01
CameroonPepper:
Tinubu will stop at nothing to kill all Nigerians
The APC followers protesting during Goodluck Jonathan's government, over bad governance - can now see where we landed today!

1 Like

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:38pm On Jan 01
Oga tinubu said we should endure the hardship.
It is well
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Pio44: 8:39pm On Jan 01
We dey ready ooo increase to 200% 2024 go hot
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by GreaterFuture(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01
People seem very fine and calm
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Entanglement: 8:40pm On Jan 01
TruthsFM:
More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As DisCos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff On Jan 1

While the pains of fuel subsidy removal still linger, the confusion surrounding a planned electricity tariff increment starting from January 1, 2024 has compounded the worries.

It was gathered that the officials of the Nigeria’s Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) held a virtual emergency meeting recently to formalise and perfect the planned tariff increase.

A source in one of the DisCos, who claimed anonymity, confirmed the development to Daily Trust on Sunday.

The source said: “All has been perfected for the new tariff to take effect from the first of January, 2024.

It is now left for various electricity distribution companies to enlighten their customers on new developments.”

The source said the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had already invited distribution companies for a meeting on the development.
He expressed fear that while it is mandatory for electricity distribution companies to regularly evaluate tariffs every six months, the recent increase would meet customers’ dissatisfaction.

“In fact, we were perturbed by the short notice and how we would reach out to our customers about the increase,” he said.
Asked how much the increase would be, the source said, “No idea so far, but the uncertainty has put us in a difficult situation.”

Recall that in November 2023, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu stopped the implementation of the electricity tariff, insisting on a power sector subsidy.

Speaking on Tinubu’s directive on electricity tariff hikes, the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, said, “The power sector is an industry that is very sensitive to any leader.

“You cannot jump overnight and implement the cost-reflective tariff. I can tell you that till today, the government still subsidises power”.

https://www.osundefender.com/more-hardship-looms-for-nigerians-as-discos-set-to-increase-electricity-tariff-on-jan-1/
Yoruba nation how market grin
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by NaijaCover(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01
Hmmmmmm
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Lovenorth: 8:43pm On Jan 01
Tinubu is not a useless president grin
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by EleventhWeirdo: 8:45pm On Jan 01
SultanOfAbia:
Come to lagos
Yoruba People go dey beg up and down
Omo everybody dey beg me money for road.
Some come to me speaking Yoruba
I just dey laugh grin grin grin
Go and meet Tinubu... Mumu people

But this December, since I come village
Nobody don beg me anything.. Why?

All men for my side dey chop their choppings and having a good time. Nobody dey beg around

Why be say na Ronu people dey feel the hardship 10X more than SS and SE

All these senseless lies and concoctions just to massage your cur$ed 1p0b bl0ck0s? They will soon chase refugees like you back to your godforsaken enclaves
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by sematec(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01
the govt knows how to fleece nigerians of the money easily and they are not creating jobs
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by grandstar(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01
TruthsFM:
There’s much hardship in the land already. No one is a stranger

If you were asked to provide a service in which you were unable to make a profit, what would be the quality of yoyr service delivery? It would be poor.

The Discos have long complained that the amount they charge for power is not market reflective.

Due to this, they are owing the Gencos and are under investing in equipment and capacity.

Deregulated pricing as was done in the telecoms industry is what is needed in the power industry. Let them set their own prices.

With a market reflective price, they will be encouraged to expanding the capacity of their networks and power supply will improve tremendously.

I am certain the present price increase has the unseen support of the president

4 Likes

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by ClearFlair: 8:48pm On Jan 01
We are teaching Peter Obi a lesson grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Usmanovic95(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01
If this present government have a modicum of shame,I think they should admit they are clueless already.Everyone knew buhari was clueless,but how can his successor outdo him when it comes to cluelessness.
BAT had the easiest job at hand when he was handed the mantle. Stop the rot till he can proffer the ultimate solution to our challenge but rather the situation is just becoming worse on a daily basis with no end in sight.

1 Like

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Antoeni(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01
To Be Honest , My Son Has Nothing to Offer Nigerians . Says Tinubu's Mum

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Olarewaju89: 8:53pm On Jan 01
SultanOfAbia:
Come to lagos
Yoruba People go dey beg up and down
Omo everybody dey beg me money for road.
Some come to me speaking Yoruba
I just dey laugh grin grin grin
Go and meet Tinubu... Mumu people

But this December, since I come village
Nobody don beg me anything.. Why?

All men for my side dey chop their choppings and having a good time. Nobody dey beg around

Why be say na Ronu people dey feel the hardship 10X more than SS and SE

You are far from sense.

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Didijiji: 8:54pm On Jan 01
What has APC progressively done in the last 9 years?

increase in pains, death, hardship and agony

How many more years do they need to give us the CHANGE they promised to give?
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Will205: 8:54pm On Jan 01
Welcome to 2024!!!! angry
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Bluntemperor: 8:55pm On Jan 01
freemanq:
Their Evil plans won't succeed

But this report have been denied,na!
What is the basis of Price increased by Non-Performing Institution like DISCOS?

1 Like

Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Radicalhost: 8:57pm On Jan 01
TruthsFM:
More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As DisCos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff On Jan 1

While the pains of fuel subsidy removal still linger, the confusion surrounding a planned electricity tariff increment starting from January 1, 2024 has compounded the worries.

It was gathered that the officials of the Nigeria’s Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) held a virtual emergency meeting recently to formalise and perfect the planned tariff increase.

A source in one of the DisCos, who claimed anonymity, confirmed the development to Daily Trust on Sunday.

The source said: “All has been perfected for the new tariff to take effect from the first of January, 2024.

It is now left for various electricity distribution companies to enlighten their customers on new developments.”

The source said the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had already invited distribution companies for a meeting on the development.
He expressed fear that while it is mandatory for electricity distribution companies to regularly evaluate tariffs every six months, the recent increase would meet customers’ dissatisfaction.

“In fact, we were perturbed by the short notice and how we would reach out to our customers about the increase,” he said.
Asked how much the increase would be, the source said, “No idea so far, but the uncertainty has put us in a difficult situation.”

Recall that in November 2023, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu stopped the implementation of the electricity tariff, insisting on a power sector subsidy.

Speaking on Tinubu’s directive on electricity tariff hikes, the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, said, “The power sector is an industry that is very sensitive to any leader.

“You cannot jump overnight and implement the cost-reflective tariff. I can tell you that till today, the government still subsidises power”.

https://www.osundefender.com/more-hardship-looms-for-nigerians-as-discos-set-to-increase-electricity-tariff-on-jan-1/

It's have been increased already, I bought units of 10k and got 95.7kwh just today. Ekedc have increased their already.
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Papayaayasager(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01
Bring it on and end us finally...we are now use to suffer
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Rejouir: 8:59pm On Jan 01
Agbado boys, this 2024 will be a very long year grin, Your foolishness is out of this world. I feel for the soft at heart who would listen to the cry of these fools who voted tinubu out of tribal bigotry. Better hold tight to your money.
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by Burgermotors: 9:01pm On Jan 01
Let them come with the bills na all of us go dance the Disco
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by jaxxy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 01
useless government
Re: More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:
I have not seen any Minister of Tinubu doing anything reasonable in this administration....

Just giving excuses, throwing blames and waiting for Nigerians to react before they come out and address the media.

Just imagine the silly excuse Adelabu is giving.

When Jonathan wanted to sell power sector, we warned him and his supporters who gave him 100% backing that all of us would be in it together. Today, we're paying far more for the same darkness.
In my area, DISCO said we're enjoying power supply for 20 hours a day grin grin grin, hence 100 naira per unit tariff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Scandal Of Census Figures / Seven Boko Haram Members Die In Explosive-laden Vehicle / Peter Obi Meets With EU Ambassadors (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.