Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? (11350 Views)

The New International Building Materials Market In Enugu South LGA (Pictures) / Between Provisions Store And Building Materials Business / Nearness To Market Vs Nearness To Raw Materials:Which Is Key To Siting A Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by FitCorper: 10:49am On Jan 03
grin
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:51am On Jan 03
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

Oga, say what you know.

Both are good and have money in them depending on what you transacting with but location, discipline, focus and perseverance/endurance are what matters.
You know nothing about any of the businesses. In any business, locations matters a lot, that does not change the facts that cosmetic is a daily business unlike building materials; or do you want to tell me that cosmetic is more lucrative thank Building material? You that is saying what you know, prove me wrong with a constructive argument.
In cosmetic business, the imagine for selling one items is not more than #200, #500 some times 50 Naira but in Building materials such as Plumbing or roofing sheets, margins can go as high as 5000 but is not a daily stuff.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Delphi(m): 10:52am On Jan 03
Cosmetics have battery limit- Almost all cosmetics products have 'best before' dates as they expire. Just a few building material that expire (like cement) while others appreciate as time goes on. Building material business is better off for me.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:53am On Jan 03
Fatbam005:
what sane individual comes online seeking public opinions about what to do against self discovery.

That is the problem with you lots. You don't know what people go through, you don't even know what pushed them to come online to seek for advice.

About 4 years ago, I came online to seek for advice on which business to do with the funds(less than a million as of then) I have with me then.
And I'm someone born into a business family o, surrounded fully by businessmen and businesswomen but then I was confused and needed one or two advises from people.

So, it might not even be suggestions on business choice but on how to go about it.

Although, I did not follow any of those suggestions that I got on the post later on but I was able to pick one or more important lessons/infos from the list of advises that people gave me.

Today, God have been faithful to me.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Nature33: 10:53am On Jan 03
Japa is more lucrative.
local gov or lock-up shop will frustrate ur bizness.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by zcee: 10:54am On Jan 03
Omihanifa:
Let me just tell you one thing for free. If you decide to go into sales of building materials, just know that you have to be very spiritual. Either you follow God or you go dey do jazz (evian)

One of the most dangerous business to do in nigeria nah building materials business because almost all of the major guys belong to an occultic group and if you decide not to join them, them go frustrate your life
Oga na capital lie
Pure lie
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:54am On Jan 03
Delphi:
Cosmetics have battery limit- Almost all cosmetics products have 'best before' dates as they expire. Just a few building material that expire (like cement) while others appreciate as time goes on. Building material business is better off for me.

You are right on that, that is one valid point.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Samirana360(m): 10:55am On Jan 03
All for foundation, building and painting
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Javalord000(m): 10:56am On Jan 03
It all boils down to your target market and the one that feels like you van one day create a brand out of in the future, IMO
But if you can get some business experts and study the market more, that'll be better
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Omihanifa: 11:00am On Jan 03
zcee:

Oga na capital lie
Pure lie

Go to dei dei market (building material section) popularly know as new site. Try and get a shop there and stock it up with goods. Start trading with your ordinary self undecided if that shop last up to 2years come back here and insult me.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Donedeal1(m): 11:00am On Jan 03
Building materials is better

Choosing the right section.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Kevineleven(m): 11:11am On Jan 03
Op i will suggest that you split the money in two, there is nothing more lucrative than bet9ja where jobless Nigerian youths go to spend the little that they have, with the hope of becoming millionaire.
Start a big comfortable bet9ja shop so that people can relax and watch football match too.

Then invest the other half into cosmetics biz.

4 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by clearcrystal: 11:11am On Jan 03
Dont do cosmetics,we've been there before,except you want to go into whole sales which is capital intensive.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:12am On Jan 03
Odidigboigbo:
You know nothing about any of the businesses. In any business, locations matters a lot, that does not change the facts that cosmetic is a daily business unlike building materials; or do you want to tell me that cosmetic is more lucrative thank Building material? You that is saying what you know, prove me wrong with a constructive argument.

Get out of my mention joor.

You and someone you don't know will be having an argument, next thing you will say is "you know nothing about blah blah blah."

I can tell you categorically that every business depends on how much you invested in it.
You can't compare someone transacting with let's say 50m in building materials to someone transacting with 20m in cosmetics, same way you can't compare someone transacting with 20m in building materials to someone transacting with 50m in cosmetics.

But when it comes to comparison to which one has more money in it overall, Mr Man cosmetics is more money intensive than building materials.
What is building materials beside cosmetics, if you want to compare a business that is money intensive to cosmetics, you should be mentioning Electricals, electronics, Pharmaceuticals and the like and not building materials, taah gbafuo osiso.

I have handled both businesses and I know first hand, one of my people is the biggest and top dealer in building materials line in his state, he has won several awards from different companies as the top customer in his region(consisting of numbers of states), prior to starting my business, I was involved in managing his business temporarily.

And now I am running my own business, and I also know people in both businesses.
When I compare both of them together, cosmetics requires more capital than building materials, full stop.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:13am On Jan 03
clearcrystal:
Dont do cosmetics,we've been there before,except you want to go into whole sales which is capital intensive.

Tell them o
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Blazadenise(m): 11:15am On Jan 03
Funny you want to in business you don't really know much about... You just want to smile off your investment
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by ariesbull: 11:17am On Jan 03
Cosmetics..women will always make up and buy cream but get ready for NAFDAC and SON
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Chinedumejoooo: 11:17am On Jan 03
Building materials remain the best,if you have the money but for cosmetics is okey,if you can produce some yourself.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by ariesbull: 11:18am On Jan 03
TugOfWar:
Good day nairalanders
I am just 25 and I want to start up a business
Having cosmetics and building materials in mind, I don't really know which I should go for
Which one moves faster
My budget is 8 million naira

oga keep your money...I doubt if you are Igbo

I will advise you go and learn the trade for at least 6 months to a year

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by emperor4love(m): 11:19am On Jan 03
Learn de trade first
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Nicepoker(m): 11:22am On Jan 03
So at just 25 you have 8 million naira. grin then you are now confused on what to do with it
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Southwestidiot: 11:23am On Jan 03
TugOfWar:
Good day nairalanders
Having cosmetics and building materials in mind, I don't really know which I should go for
Which one moves faster

Building materials
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Nice2023(m): 11:24am On Jan 03
visaclick:
Who building mater Help my friend go for cosmetics. How many people are building houses these days abi emilokan no reach yourself ?

I dey laugh u.

U think because u can't build a house,therefore no one is building.

Shallow thoughts.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Thomasankara(m): 11:26am On Jan 03
[/color]if you deal with politicians and A list actresses,then. cosmetics, but if your audience is the general populace, building materials abeg[color=#770077]
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by deavicky(m): 11:30am On Jan 03
How do you manage to think of two businesses that do not have any connection.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by cobby14(m): 11:31am On Jan 03
Building materials is cool but cosmetics is better. It’s even better if you partner with already thriving cosmetics business
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:36am On Jan 03
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

Get out of my mention joor.

You and someone you don't know will be having an argument, next thing you will say is "you know nothing about blah blah blah."

I don't like doing this but I will do it for clarity and I won't go more than that.
FYI, I am a businessman who deals in one of those businesses he mentioned, and I deal in it big time, I supply, I sell wholesales, I am companies representatives, even those that buys from Lagos buy from me, there are products you can get only from me directly in the whole state, I will soon be importing some products directly by the Grace of God.
In my city or state, I'm one of the top dealers in it.

I can tell you categorically that every business depends on how much you invested in it.
You can't compare someone transacting with let's say 50m in building materials to someone transacting with 20m in cosmetics, same way you can't compare someone transacting with 20m in building materials to someone transacting with 50m in cosmetics.

But when it comes to comparison to which one has more money in it overall, Mr Man cosmetics is more money intensive than building materials.
What is building materials beside cosmetics, if you want to compare a business that is money intensive to cosmetics, you should be mentioning Electricals, electronics, Pharmaceuticals and the like and not building materials, taah gbafuo osiso.

I have handled both businesses and I know first hand, one of my people is the biggest and top dealer in building materials line in his state, he has won several awards from different companies as the top customer in his region(consisting of numbers of states), prior to starting my business, I was involved in managing his business temporarily.

And now I am running my own business, and I also know people in both businesses.
When I compare both of them together, cosmetics requires more capital than building materials, full stop.
You see your life, you just wake up and rant without saying anything that is directly related to what the OP is enquiring of. Who is asking you the one that is more capital intensive? Op already said he has 8m to invest and asked for best between Cosmetic and Building materials to go for. All you could do is just to rant without providing me wrong that building materials is more lucrative than cosmetic. I have mentioned the difference between the two businesses based on his capital, that should be your line of argument. Not how "you own the entire supply chain of all the business in Nigeria"
I'm not suprise, people in that side of the Country are known for bragging
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Greenfaces: 11:38am On Jan 03
TugOfWar:
Good day nairalanders
Which one moves faster

25 years is not just though. I know a lot of people who didn't make it up to 25.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Justiceleague1: 11:38am On Jan 03
Burob regular conehead grin:
Definitely cosmetics, there is a reason why yorubas in naija are rated the number 1 skin toner nation in Africa.

We love to bleach skin in Naija.

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Greenfaces: 11:39am On Jan 03
ImoleNaija:

What is just about 25?
Exactly. Show off. Which one be just 25.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by deavicky(m): 11:40am On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:
Go for cosmetics because it can sell anywhere but building materials is kinda seasonal and you need the right location easily accessible to customers.

Women, men, and children use cosmetics every now and then so it's a fast selling business if you know what kind of products move or are more in demand. Maybe you might want to do your research on this so you know what to stock up on.

cosmetics are sold almost everywhere, people this day goes to such places alot. Eg all the these super stalls like shop rite and its kind. Even a provision shop around the area still sell one to two type of cosmetic.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Smartguyboy(m): 11:41am On Jan 03
1) Don’t go into business you don’t know anything about, can you mix cream? Are you familiar with perfumes?

2) Business is all about foresight, because others are doing it and you want to do it, location matters a lot , I have seen people who open shops they did not sell anything till the shop expired and they pack out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Make Nigeria Self-sufficient In Food Production – Dangote / FOREX Debt: CBN Owing Only Five Banks, Says Cardoso / For Those Interested In Shoe And Palm Slippers Making(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.