Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? (11390 Views)

The New International Building Materials Market In Enugu South LGA (Pictures) / Between Provisions Store And Building Materials Business / Nearness To Market Vs Nearness To Raw Materials:Which Is Key To Siting A Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by TugOfWar: 3:04am On Jan 04
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

You mean Abj or Lagos?

Ok noted, which of the two business ideas do you have prior knowledge on?

Whenever you decide on the one to go for, first learn it. You need to learn it and know about the business to a good extent.

Again, put into consideration the location of the business premise you will be getting.

For example, if you rent a shop in an already developed part of Lagos, building materials won't be too promising in such area compared to developing areas, building materials will sell well in areas that are developing, let's say areas like Ibeju-Lekki, epe, ikorodu etc.

Cosmetics business is actually not for the weak because of the expiry nature of the products/commodities, unlike building materials which have long expiry dates, which can afford you to pass through the growing stage with less pressure/worry. My reason for this is that you can't escape that period, the first few years of starting a new business, I mean that period where you grow customers and all that, so it is easier in building materials line than cosmetics line.

Again, don't invest all your money at once, invest part and as time goes on, invest the rest gradually.

Lastly, be prayerful and avoid women, most especially when you just started.

Reason for putting PRAYERFUL in bold is because of the popular statement "You can't sit on the fence" in this scenario, you just have to strong in whatever you do because of the challenges that will come your way either from the business itself or from competitors or from some people due to envy/jealousy.

Bro, I remember when I started mine, I remember nights that I cried after closing business for the day, imagine looking at your shop filled with goods but sales dey poor, but God has been very good and faithful to me and my loved ones.

I'm wishing you the best in your business when you finally decide on which one to do.
thanks
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by BALLOSKI: 7:32am On Jan 04
TugOfWar:
Good day nairalanders
I am just 25 and I want to start up a business
Having cosmetics and building materials in mind, I don't really know which I should go for
Which one moves faster
My budget is 8 million naira

Use your money to buy gold or land, something that appreciates in value overtime - as leaving your Naira in your account would mean it could lose value. Then take your time to go and learn the details of the business(s), then come back to it after 1 year later or so. By then you can sell what you have bought now and invest in your business.

For gold accessories to increase in value weight, they have to be worn. You can wear your thing to sleep every night. Make sure you don't let anybody know about your gold possession.
Re: Cosmetics Or Building Materials, Which Is More Lucrative?? by Jeyun: 8:49am On Jan 04
Odidigboigbo:
You know nothing about any of the businesses. In any business, locations matters a lot, that does not change the facts that cosmetic is a daily business unlike building materials; or do you want to tell me that cosmetic is more lucrative thank Building material? You that is saying what you know, prove me wrong with a constructive argument.
In cosmetic business, the imagine for selling one items is not more than #200, #500 some times 50 Naira but in Building materials such as Plumbing or roofing sheets, margins can go as high as 5000 but is not a daily stuff.
u don't know what u are saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Happening On The Ikorodu Axis? / Diamond Bank Appoints Chris Ubosi As New Non-executive Director / Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.