Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23909 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Femeazy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08
Let ur mum be. If she takes care of her body and live healthy.
The rest na secondary.
Natural beauty is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by MrSmithy: 2:49pm On Jan 08
Let your mom be please...Life is nothing without Christ and immediately you become born again nothing freaks you anymore in the secular world.

This earthly life is nothing but Vanity, so its high time we all clinch to Christ and have peace
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Jesus used an expression we all can understand by saying "He will come as a thief"..... Does using the word "Thief" to describe His coming means that it is good to become like a thief God can use anything we understand to explain something like parables to make us understand not that using it means He is okay with it. Did God opened your ears, nose for the purpose of wearing earring or nose ring Yet He opened your ear, nose, mouth, anus for the purpose of hearing, eating, perceiving, talking and defecating. After God created man, He saw it and said it was very good without opening the earlobe or the nose for the purpose of wearing earring and nose ring!!!

Jewelries, makeup/face painting has been existing during Jesus time.... So how many gold did Jesus or His followers wore when they were on earth Yet they wore cloth, foot wears etc - Wearing of gold/jewelries is never the custom of the Israelites but the heathen nations!!!

When you read bible like a novel, you will never understand it!!!

Did God clothe the Isrlaeites or not.
Did hebprovide them with food.
So why could he not have provided them with Jrwelry?
When the bible says so?

Did he ask them to collect Jewelry from the Egyptians when they left Egypt as payment for their work.
Did they wear it or not?

Did Moses command people to make a hole in the ex-slaves ear and put a ring in it?

Did Kings wear Crowns?
Is that not Jewelry.

Did God ask that Shield made with Gold be out in his temple?
Was the Ark of Convenant not made with Gold?

Is God heathen too?

Did Aaron not wear a tunic with gemstones as the High Priest?

Was the Temple not adorned in Gold?

Did Solomon not make Silver as cheap as stones when he was king?
What do you think they made with all of that?

Have you heard of the star of david?
Did people make ornaments of it or not?

Why do you wear shoes?

Why do you wear a shirt and tie?

Why do you use a Phone since Jesus did not?

SMH!
🤣
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Mayplays(f): 2:55pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:
Y'all here saying op mom is on the right track definitely won't take same sh!t if their wives for examples or mother changes the way she dresses and started looking like someone suffering and the kids cant take care of, or their husband don't take care of as the case may be, op mom have been brain washed by the one-sided preaching of some churches,

I had similar experience too, traveled home sometimes ego and meet my parent dressing shabbily in the name of being chosen, had to sit them down and talked them back to the real world, how can you dress shabbily where the daddy and mommy of the church generally overseers flies first class and wear only the best designers cloths, I even learnt some churches told her people that watching TV is a sin, what a joke😂

Abeg they should not preach the bible one sided to brainwash people, that was how one man refused to allow doctors make a blood transfusion on his heavily pregnant wife in the labour room bleeding to death in the name of our daddy in the lord say it's abomination to transmits blood from one person to another, absolute nonsense and that same daddy in the lord won't hesitate to fly his family abroad to get best treatment when they fall ill

Don't be a blind Christian that worships pastors, hid to what the bible says alone and most times ignore the one-sided preaching of some God of Man these days.

If it’s about ‘What the Bible says’ then this woman is the definition of the type of woman God described as perfect one.

No attachments
No unnecessary jewelry
A humble spirit
No desire to be seen or adored by men, only God who is a spirit being, how else do you think you’ll get his attention?

The real spirit of God has taken a hold of her. This is real ‘Christlikeness’ outwardly, not the religious symbolism most churches practice today.

Christians are actually meant not to conform to trends of the world and ‘come out from among them’, live like nomads who God directs to only preach the gospel to non believers

Christianity is not something you were born into for some of us and you do out of necessity. It is a real life style that the world will hate you for when you practice it, everyone hated Jesus because of his behavior but for his followers… Nothing has changed today for Jesus and his true followers

This is not say that half baked followers of Christianity aren’t loved by God also and won’t make heaven. But some of us are connected to Him here on earth already and can’t wait long enough for death… we don’t care about the world at all
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by merits(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

The Lord's chosen church is a church of nut people.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Calitoscassius(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
The thing be like mental illness oh. undecided
It is mental illness, once a person starts neglecting their self it is a sign of depression, deperession leads to mental illness. Some faiths are like cults they brainwash people into hopelessness. Isolating them from their families, friends and the things that makes them happy, they also make them feel guilty, guilty of looking good or enjoying their lives. Then pretends to help them become so called spiritual and all that shit.

When i used to attend church there was this very pretty Jamaican girl, big butt, breasts and nice shiny skin, when she first joined that church she was very happy, chatting to me, we even wanted to go on a date. But as soon as the pastor prayed for her and gave her that their bloody so called vision/future (pastor that cannot see his own future) she changed, began covering her face and hair, no more lipsticks and trousers or skirts she looked good and jeans and Tshirts and skirts.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 3:09pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Did God clothe the Isrlaeites or not.
Did hebprovide them with food.
So why could he not have provided them with Jrwelry?
When the bible says so?

Did he ask them to collect Jewelry from the Egyptians when they left Egypt as payment for their work.
Did they wear it or not?

Did Moses command people to make a hole in the ex-slaves ear and put a ring in it?

Did Kings wear Crowns?
Is that not Jewelry.

Did God ask that Shield made with Gold be out in his temple?
Was the Ark of Convenant not made with Gold?

Is God heathen too?

Did Aaron not wear a tunic with gemstones as the High Priest?

Was the Temple not adorned in Gold?

Did Solomon not make Silver as cheap as stones when he was king?
What do you think they made with all of that?

Have you heard of the star of david?
Did people make ornaments of it or not?

Why do you wear shoes?

Why do you wear a shirt and tie?

Why do you use a Phone since Jesus did not?

SMH!
🤣
Go back to school and learn what idiomatic expression is!!!!

When God told the Israelites to collect jewels of gold and silver it was for their payment of servitude and to provide for the construction work in the wilderness and not for them to wear them. Infact when God told them to borrow the jewels of gold and silver, He didn't tell them to wear them but to put it upon their sons and daughters for them to carry.

Are you a slave If slaves Are required to have a hole on one of their ears during the time of Moses and now we have Jesus as our master, has He subjected anyone to be slave except you want to become slave to satan where you want to subject your self to pains just to hang a lifeless metal on your ears, nose, tongues, naval etc

During the time of Christ, Christ and His followers all wore shoe, cloth, etc Yet none of them wore jewelries or any worldly adornment.

Shoe is to protect our feet when walking on the road, cloth is to cover our unclothedness!!!

What is the purpose of wearing jewelries on your body?

Phone is for communication - communication is a necessity. Phone wasn't existing in the time of Christ. And if it was existing, they would have used it.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Calitoscassius(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08
MrSmithy:
Let your mom be please...Life is nothing without Christ and immediately you become born again nothing freaks you anymore in the secular world.

This earthly life is nothing but Vanity, so its high time we all clinch to Christ and have peace
Rubbish, you and who? Is we all. Speak for yourself mate!

There are no such thing as born again, it is just jargon! Made up by unhappy hopeless humans who has failed in life.

Who da hell is christ? Christ is just an image.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Go back to school and learn what idiomatic expression is!!!!
[b]
When God told the Israelites to collect jewels of gold and silver it was for their payment of servitude and to provide for the construction work in the wilderness and not for them to wear them. Infact when God told them to borrow the jewels of gold and silver, He didn't tell them to wear them but to put it upon their sons and daughters for them to carr[/b]y.

Are you a slave If slaves Are required to have a hole on one of their ears during the time of Moses and now we have Jesus as our master, has He subjected anyone to be slave except you want to become slave to satan where you want to subject your self to pains just to hang a lifeless metal on your ears, nose, tongues, naval etc

During the time of Christ, Christ and His followers all wore shoe, cloth, etc Yet none of them wore jewelries or any worldly adornment.

Shoe is to protect our feet when walking on the road, cloth is to cover our unclothedness!!!

What is the purpose of wearing jewelries on your body?

Phone is for communication - communication is a necessity. Phone wasn't existing in the time of Christ. And if it was existing, they would have used it.

When God told the Israelites to collect jewels of gold and silver it was for their payment of servitude and to provide for the construction work in the wilderness and not for them to wear them. Infact when God told them to borrow the jewels of gold and silver, He didn't tell them to wear them but to put it upon their sons and daughters for them to carr[/b]y.

You mean this?

They carried it on their heads bah?

It's you that needs to go back to School!
🤣

Just give me until Wednesday, then I will have your time fully.

Besides, I did not say slaves, but ex-slaves.
A slave would not wear jewelry.

An ex-slave is a free man!

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by rickleye: 3:25pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

NOTHING YOU CAN DO
If I show you a picture of my mum you’d cry out !!
Money is not an issue. It’s what she listening to.
I’ve decided to love her as she is.
This is really the case of you can force a horse to the water but you can’t force it to drink water.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 3:33pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

You mean this?

They carried it on their heads bah?

It's you that needs to go back to School!
🤣

Just give me until Wednesday, then I will have your time fully.

Besides, I did not say slaves, but ex-slaves.
A slave would not wear jewelry.

An ex-slave is a free man!
You will keep being in ignorance if you keep reading the bible like a novel.

Go back to where God told them to borrow jewels of gold and silver from the Egyptians and show me where God told them to wear them

God told them put them upon your sons and daughters!!!

Now what i expect you to ask instead of arguing blindly is, how come did Aaron told them to break the earrings on their wives ears and bring them to him whereas God never told the wives to wear them rather they should put them upon their sons and daughters? That should tell you that while on their journey they later took them and wore them together with their childreb which God never commanded them to do so from beginning but since you are ignorant, how would you understand

Don't worry, any time you come, I'm waiting for you... Your ignorance needs to be exposed the more!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08
Renman:
You will keep being in ignorance if you keep reading the bible like a novel.

Go back to where God told them to borrow jewels of gold and silver from the Egyptians and show me where God told them to wear them

God told them put them upon your sons and daughters!!!

Now what i expect you to ask instead of arguing blindly is, how come did Aaron told them to break the earrings on their wives ears and bring them to him whereas God never told the wives to wear them rather they should put them upon their sons and daughters? That should tell you that while on their journey they later took them and wore them which God never commanded them to do so from beginning but since you are ignorant, how would you understand

Don't worry, any time you come, I'm waiting for you... Your ignorance needs to be exposed the more!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow!

What School did you go to?

So if I ask you to put on a shirt, it means you put it on your head?

Are you daft?

So if God asked them to put Jewelry on their Sons and Daughters, it means he asked them to put it on their heads?

🤣

So you put a gold chain or one ear-ring on a 2 year old child's head?
So he will hold one chain on his head and start walking around like Egbere.

Are you serious?!
🤣
Like really!

Does this make sense to your religion-destroyed mind?

And was there anywhere they were rebuked for wearing the Jewelry?
Rather than that, another passage mentions where God says, he himself clothed them in Jewelry, but this still does not sit with you.
You describe it as an Idiom.

I really feel sorry for you.
Really do.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 3:51pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow!

What School did you go to?

So if I ask you to put on a shirt, it means you put it on your head?

Are you daft?

So if God asked them to put Jewelry on their Sons and Daughters, it means he asked them to put it on their heads?

🤣

So you put a gold chain or one ear-ring on a 2 year old child's head?
So he will hold one chain on his head and start walking around like Egbere.

Are you serious?!
🤣
Like really!

Does this make sense to your religion-destroyed mind?

And was there anywhere they were rebuked for wearing the Jewelry?
Rather than that, another passage mentions where God says, he himself clothed them in Jewelry, but this still does not sit with you.
You describe it as an Idiom.

I really feel sorry for you.
Really do.
Put something Upon and putting on something are they thesame

So if I tell you take this chair and put it upon him, what does that mean Chaiii....English na your mate

Now read Exodus 33:5-6 and see where they were rebuked for wearing jewelries!!!

Hahahaha,.... So God came down from heaven and started clothing them physically with jewelries etc right? Chaiii.... So the jewelry you are wearing, it's God that put it on you, right Infact what about the holes, God opened them for you to wear earrings/noserings etc baa?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Ubdavis(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08
That is spiritual enslavement
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 4:02pm On Jan 08
Ubdavis:
That is spiritual enslavement
What is spiritual freedom
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fortune118005(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

You don't seem to be very bright.

Did that passage ask women not to braid their hair or wear jewelry.

Don't your women braid their hair now?

You conveniently omitted that to suit your narrative and jumped on the others.

Note the commas and semi-colons to understand what was being said.

He talked about humility and character.
Modest apparel, shamefacedness and sobriety ( whuc he says is not about clothes), but with good works.

Do women teach in Church now?

You jumped that one too.

This is Ezekiel 16, God says he adorned his Children with Jewelry.

In the Old Testament, a freed slave had an Ear-ring put on him.

Also check this link-- copy and paste in your browser:

womeninthebible.net/bible-extras/clothes-ancient

If you still believe in your nonsense with these, then I cannot help you!

I did not like your first sentence, it is very harsh.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by IkeAbuja: 4:16pm On Jan 08
Let us pretend you have sense so you want your mum to be wearing make ups and all those stuffs at her age and be looking like sugar mummy we the sugar boys are at the corner waiting to strike
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Put something Upon and putting on something are they thesame

So if I tell you take this chair and put it upon him, what does that mean Chaiii....English na your mate

Now read Exodus 33:5-6 and see where they were rebuked for wearing jewelries!!!

Hahahaha,.... So God came down from heaven and started clothing them physically with jewelries etc right? Chaiii.... So the jewelry you are wearing, it's God that put it on you, right Infact what about the holes, God opened them for you to wear earrings/noserings etc baa?

God, you are so daft!

Aren't ' upon and on' used interchangeably?

Besides wasn't 'on' used hear.

So if I say, 'put on your shirt or shoes,' it means put on your head?

Again don't be daft.

If God gives power to make wealth, can we say he made them wealthy.

Also if he gave them power to wear jewelry, can we say he clothed them in fine clothes and jewelry.

You are not very sharp is all I can say...
And it is evident in your submissions.

I am SURE you did not do very well in school.
I am also sure you cannot hold a meaninful conversation in any matter asides the scripture you claim to understand.

If you engaged in lateral thinking, it would show.
I am sorry to say it does not appear you do.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by vislabraye(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:

Three people you can't advise:
i A woman in love
ii A man that has a lot of money
iii and African mother following false prophet.

I'm not shading your the Lord's Chosen. I got this quote somewhere and it makes a lot of sense. The older a woman becomes, the more religious she becomes. And sometimes the religion will cloud their judgement.
WHo are the victims of religious frauds? Women
WHo attend church the most ? Women.
Who are the people Indaboski conduct deliverance the most ? Women
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 4:58pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

God, you are so daft!

Aren't ' upon and on' used interchangeably?

Besides wasn't 'on' used hear.

So if I say, 'put on your shirt or shoes,' it means put on your head?

Again don't be daft.

If God gives power to make wealth, can we say he made them wealthy.

Also if he gave them power to wear jewelry, can we say he clothed them in fine clothes and jewelry.

You are not very sharp is all I can say...
And it is evident in your submissions.

I am SURE you did not do very well in school.
I am also sure you cannot hold a meaninful conversation in any matter asides the scripture you claim to understand.

If you engaged in lateral thinking, it would show.
I am sorry to say it does not appear you do.
So if upon and on are used interchangeably Then what does that mean If I say you should put the chair on him Then does that mean he's wearing the chair Why didn't God said they should put the jewels of Gold and silver on the ears of their son and daughters if you think what God meant was that their sons and daughters were wearing it? And why didn't God also said the women/wives should put the jewels upon themselves if God wanted the women/wives should wear them

So you see that your blind argument doesn't hold any water!

There's no amount of exposition will free you from ignorance but prayers!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So if upon and on are used interchangeably Then what does that mean If I say you should put the chair on him Then does that mean he's wearing the chair Why didn't God said they should put the jewels of Gold and silver on the ears of their son and daughters if you think what God meant was that their sons and daughters were wearing it? And why didn't God also said the women/wives should put the jewels upon themselves if God wanted the women/wives should wear them

So you see that your blind argument doesn't hold any water!

There's no amount of exposition will free you from ignorance but prayers!!!

KJV (old English) says 'upon.'

NKJV says 'on.'

Other translations say 'on'

If you don't know that upon and on are used interchangeably, then I cannot help you.

If I say, 'put that chair on her'
Then say, 'put that necklace on her'

Would you do the same for both?

🤣

You see ehn, I can't help you!

You are a not very smart Fanatic/Pharisee

Peace!

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 5:09pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

KJV (old English) says 'upon.'

NKJV says 'on.'

Other translations say 'on'

If you don't know that upon and on are used interchangeably, then I cannot help you.

If I say, 'put that chair on her'
Then say, 'put that necklace on her'

Would you do the same for both?

🤣

You see ehn, I can't help you!

You are a not very smart Fanatic/Pharisee

Peace!
You still haven't answer the question.....

If upon and on are used interchangeably Then if I say put that chair on him, does that mean he is wearing a chair

And why did the women/wives and the men not mentioned together with sons and daughters

And besides, why didn't God mentioned ears i.e they should put them on the ears of their sons and daughters... Or does it mean their sons and daughters not have ears

Now let me shock you.....they also collected clothing from thr egyptians in addition to the jewels and God said they should put them upon their sons and daughters..... Then if you think it means that they are to put the earrings on the ears of their sons and daughters Then it means that the sons and daughters were wearing the clothing of the Egyptians too...how can a child be wearing thr cloth of an adult...how possible Hahahaha ... You see your ignorance?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Blessedarethepe(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08
Post her before and after pictures. I want to see something
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08
Renman:
You still haven't answer the question.....

If upon and on are used interchangeably Then if I say put that chair on him, does that mean he is wearing a chair

And why did the women/wives and the men not mentioned together with sons and daughters

Because you can't wear a chair?!

Or can you?

Wow!

If I say put that crown on him, will you put it around his neck?

If I say put that shirt on him, will you put it on his head?!

You are doing my head in here!
Can't you think?

About you other question, I don't know and it does not matter.
They wore ornaments is all.

You are not very logical are you.

So if someone tells me, ' come to my house tomorrow and take plenty snacks and chocolate, let you children have as much as they want'

And you see me eating chicolate later, does that mean I was not allowed to eat out of the chocolate?

And the same person that asked me to come take chocolate later brags that he fed me and my children, so much that I did not want to eat chocolate for a year.

Does that still mean I was not allowed chocolate?

You are not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

You know what, I have important things to do for now.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 5:22pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Because you can't wear a chair?!

Or can you?

Wow!

If I say put that crown on him, will you put it around his neck?

If I say put that shirt on him, will you put it on his head?!

You are doing my head in here!
Can't you think?

About you other question, I don't know and it does not matter.
They wore ornaments is all.

You are not very logical are you.

So if someone tells me, ' come to my house tomorrow and take plenty snacks and chocolate, let you children have as much as they want'

And you see me eating chicolate later, does that mean I was not allowed to eat out of the chocolate?

And the same person that asked me to come take chocolate later brags that he fed me and my children, so much that I did not want to eat chocolate for a year.

Does that still mean I was not allowed chocolate?

You are not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

You know what, I have important things to do for now.
Now let me shock you.....they also collected clothing from the egyptians in addition to the jewels and God said they should put them upon their sons and daughters..... Then if you think it means that they are to put the earrings on the ears of their sons and daughters Then it also means that the sons and daughters were wearing the clothing of the Egyptians too...how can a child be wearing the cloth of an adult...how possible Can your child wear your cloth and be comfortable or walk comfortably..Hahahaha ... You see your ignorance?

How can their sons and daughters wear all those things they collected from the Egyptians - jewels of gold and silver, rainments/clothes etc Do you know the quantity of the jewels of gold and silver they collected? Do you know the quantity of the rainments they collected too and other things they collected

Use your head! Common sense is not common!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fantazy(m): 5:46pm On Jan 08
She has realized that all those blink blink (expensive shinny wears) will not matter when she finally closes her eyes in death.

Just leave her alone let her be!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Exceed15: 5:58pm On Jan 08
pocohantas:
You think your mum isn't looking good because she stopped wearing makeup, wig and jewellery?

I thought natural is better and more beautiful?

Mummy is on the right track and I can assure you she looks beautiful in her natural state.

The reaction is expected. She had always made up all her life so her sudden change calls for attention. She's 62 , I think they should free her but my concern is her husband. Men are always visual people.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Now let me shock you.....they also collected clothing from the egyptians in addition to the jewels and God said they should put them upon their sons and daughters..... Then if you think it means that they are to put the earrings on the ears of their sons and daughters Then it also means that the sons and daughters were wearing the clothing of the Egyptians too...how can a child be wearing the cloth of an adult...how possible Can your child wear your cloth and be comfortable or walk comfortably..Hahahaha ... You see your ignorance?

How can their sons and daughters wear all those things they collected from the Egyptians - jewels of gold and silver, rainments/clothes etc Do you know the quantity of the jewels of gold and silver they collected? Do you know the quantity of the rainments they collected too and other things they collected

Use your head! Common sense is not common!!!

Didn't the Egyptians have Children?

The most prized possesions then was Jewelry-- simple.

Life over 2000 years ago was not how it is today.

You could have been bought as a slave with just a few grams of gold, that was how valuable it was.
That is even if they had it.

...and not everbody would have had valuable things.

Go to Museums the world over and see depictions of how people lived thousands of years ago.
You can also see a few surviving relics of the past.

It was Spartan at best-- very basic.

So I don't know where you get your weird ideas from.
Or you think everybody had gold, or people had it lying around like that?

I can't help you, you hear.
I say again, you are not very smart and my brain has started hurting.

But please travel, go to museums, watch channels lile Discovery and History.
Read!
Watch Documentaries!

Your lack of basic knowledge is shocking!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Ubdavis(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08
Renman:
What is spiritual freedom

I would recant this soon
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 6:41pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Didn't the Egyptians have Children?

The most prized possesions then was Jewelry-- simple.

Life over 2000 years ago was not how it is today.

You could have been bought as a slave with just a few grams of gold, that was how valuable it was.
That is even if they had it.

...and not everbody would have had valuable things.

Go to Museums the world over and see depictions of how people lived thousands of years ago.
You can also see a few surviving relics of the past.

It was Spartan at best-- very basic.

So I don't know where you get your weird ideas from.
Or you think everybody had gold, or people had it lying around like that?

I can't help you, you hear.
I say again, you are not very smart and my brain has started hurting.

But please travel, go to museums, watch channels lile Discovery and History.
Read!
Watch Documentaries!

Your lack of basic knowledge is shocking!
So God told them to collect from Egyptian children,....baa Hahahaha...... So let even assume that they also collect from Egyptian children,.... So how will those those clothes size them For example, can your cloth size me or can my cloth size you Can't you see your funny logic holds no water!!!

It's clear that God told them to collect those jewels of gold, silver and clothing from the Egyptians and put them upon their sons and daughter to help in carrying them,.... Not for their sons and daughters to wear them neither did God instruct the Israelite women to collect them and wear them on themselves!!! It's very clear but because you love to deceive yourself, you have forced your funny opinion into it!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So God told them to collect from Egyptian children,....baa Hahahaha...... So let even assume that they also collect from Egyptian children,.... So how will those those clothes size them For example, can your cloth size me or can my cloth size you Can't you see your funny logic holds no water!!!

Think bruv!

Thiiiiink!
I am sorry I cannot go on, because I am losing brain cells here.

Clothes were like tunics for children.
Bubu or Kaaba ( as Yorubas calk it).

If it did not size them, they could decided to take it or not.

What mattered most was the gold!
Clothes would wear out, gold would not.

So who cared about some foolish clothes.

Besides, the Parents obviously took things for themselves-- who wouldn't.
I do not see where they were told not to take things for themeselves?

I think only a dumbo wouldn't and if you say you wouldn't, then... you gerrit?

Also was it when they were plundering the Egyptians before escaping, that they started putting holes in their Children for ear rings?
🤣

If I imprison you for 35 years and then suddenly release you, but ask you to tak what you want before you leave... won't you grab and run.

You would also put your most prized possesion where?

On you of course-- money, your phone, your watch and jewelry if you have any.
Anything else can go into a bag.

If the bag gets lost, your valuables don't.
You keep them on yourself.

So they wore the jewelry and pinned it to their ears and noses so it would not get lost!
Such that it was not even that easy to remove when they had to.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Jewelry can be such a big deal to you.

With all the things going on in the World, Jewelry will be the most important thing to God?!

The same God that made them build him a Temple of outlandish wealth?
The same God that made his High Priest wear gems in his breastplate?

The same God that bragged he clothed his children with precious metals?

If you cannot understand, I can't help you!
Yoir mind is just dark!

When Jesus comes back with a Crown, refuse to follow him because of it.

...and so you know, I don't wear Jewelry.
Just saying.

I am not going to reply you again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.