Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23910 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My FiancΓ©e Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:39pm On Jan 08
reddingtonblack:

Why will you even think something "Natural" or conventional is a crazy preference

You prefer artificial to natural instead of sticking to your preference you parade yourself as better off .. thats lame

Dress pass Idris Elba or jenner kardashian won't earn you chair next to God, smelling lazarus made heaven

can't make sense of anything you spewing bro, come to my church in unilag n see people dress, even MFm wey carry fire for head people dress elegant.

Don't sit in one place and make lame generalization, the Agbada nd shoe my pastor wore yesterday still dey my head, if you don't come out you will only see life from the angle you are holed up

Please don't quote me when u don't understand what u are quoting, I was referring to op rant about his mother shabby and raggy dressing in the name of church one sided preaching

I love natural pass you self, but wearing rags and dressing shabbily isn't part of dressing natural, it's plain madness, your general overseers and their family don't dress shabbily, so don't be brainwashed

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Dpaulie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08
Your mummy is old enough to have seen it all... she's trying to spend the rest of her life to be close to her own creator in her own best knowledge to do it. leave mama alone..... HEAVEN MATTERS!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08
themanderon:

Your mother has found Christ so its natural for her to do away with the things of the world. Beauty has different standards for different people so if she has peace within herself for how she looks who are you to question her?
I have seen billionaires and millionaires in the Lords chosen who maintain a modest lifestyle and don't go around dressing loudly.
We are the light of the world as Christians and we must not conform to the beauty standards of a dying morally decayed world.
I pray the Lord opens your eyes to see. Those attachments and all is like telling God he did not make you the way you want. People are white, black, Hispanic, Arabs and Asians for a reason. Each one should maintain their identity and not try to look like the other. Stay black if you are black and white if you are white.

Billionaires in Chosen?

Like who?

Dangote, Bua or Adenuga?

I guess you don't shave your armpits or use deodorants too?

You most likely would have some B.O
It is what it is.

Even Monkeys groom themselves.

If God wanted us to be as he made us, why do we clip our nails, brush our teeth, have showers?

So if a women goes bald, she cannot wear a wig because it is not her hair.
Or if a woman has hair that is difficult to maintain, like the black womans' curly hair?

You would rather she cut it, than wear weave-on?

Pharisee!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fortune118005(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Esther 2:12 CEV
The young women were given beauty treatments for one whole year. The first six months their skin was rubbed with olive oil and myrrh, and the last six months it was treated with perfumes and cosmetics. Then each of them spent the night alone with King Xerxes.

You are welcome

What version is this?

Show me where Esther wore them in a King James Version.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by themanderon: 12:46pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Billionaires in Chosen?

Like who?

Dangote, Bua or Adenuga?

I guess you don't shave your armpits or use deodorants too?

You most likely would have some B.O
It is what it is.

Even Monkeys groom themselves.

If God wanted us to be as he made us, why do we clip our nails, brush our teeth, have showers?

So if a women goes bald, she cannot wear a wig because it is not her hair.
Or if a woman has hair that is difficult to maintain, like the black womans' curly hair?

You would rather she cut it, than wear weave-on?

Pharisee!

I don't have time for people like you in this new year. Read and pass if it makes no sense to you. The things of God is foolishness to them that perish.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by zcee: 12:49pm On Jan 08
Your mum otilo
Once you enter most of these churches they will definitely trap you if you don't use your head..
Females are their main target because they know they be easily manipulated

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 12:50pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

What version is this?

let me help him show u

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 12:51pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

What version is this?

Even the version he quoted is talking about "treatment"....this has to do with treatment of their skin - applying oil etc for their skin to look good. These does not have anything to do with makeup(painting the face, lips, nails etc)....just like taking our bath, applying vaseline(treatment) etc on our skin
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08
themanderon:

I don't have time for people like you in this new year. Read and pass if it makes no sense to you. The things of God is foolishness to them that perish.

🀣

We go enter heaven together, so you know!

Your body will scratch you when you see people adorned in jewelry.

Moreso aren't aren't the streets of heaven paved with gold?

Or will you only be walking on bush-path?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by kunle75(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

Your mom has been inducted into those church.
I don't know what to say aelf
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:53pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

What version is this?

Esther 2:12
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by obailala(m): 12:54pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
LORD'S CHOSEN?!!! Forget abourrit! grinπŸ€£πŸ˜…
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 12:54pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:
let me help him show u
How does this relate to Makeup/Face painting and wearing jewelry
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:55pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Even the version he quoted is talking about "treatment"....this has to do with treatment of their skin - applying oil etc for their skin to look good. These does not have anything to do with makeup(painting the face, lips, nails etc)....just like taking our bath, applying vaseline(treatment) etc on our skin

You ignore the part where it was written cosmetic treatment, what do you think that means !?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:
let me help him show u

Oga no mind them.

They used to make the women lie over cane chairs and have incense put under them.

After they do this for months, the women will only smell like the incense.

Or do they think the King of the World in those days would have married an Mgbeke?

🀣

I just tire!

What is sinful in smelling good?!

What?!

I can used air-freshner in a room, but cannot use deodorant on my body?
🀣
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:57pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:
the blood transfusion own are sabbath people, and I think with jehova witness.
That's how one my sabbath friend that could barely walk refused to take medication. That he only takes roots. He survived shaa. But till date has not gotten married, despite he's very successful. Which girl will marry a man that doesn't take drugs, no blood transfusion and locks himself up at home every Saturday.

Chao them don brainwash the guy πŸ˜…
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 12:57pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

You ignore the part where it was written cosmetic treatment, what do you think that means !?
What is comestic treatment
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Bukolaolamipo: 12:58pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

I believe She is caught up in a cycle of religious delusions that keep her from wanting to take care of herself as she used to.... not an easy problem to disconnect those caught in them. This is not atypical of the particular cult you said she is a part of there. There are over 47000 cults denominations within the religion of Christianity and each with varying levels of delusions to offer. Lord's Chosen offers its members delusions on the level found with dangerous cults. The only way I think to break such is to prove the falsehood of the particular delusions which she holds to. lipsrsealed
Omor my momma too, imagine my mom telling my brothers she wants to follow them to her barber
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:59pm On Jan 08
Renman:
What is comestic treatment

Self explanatory πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:01pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Self explanatory πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
So cosmetic treatment means painting your face, eyes, lips, nails etc, right
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Dinieoj(f): 1:01pm On Jan 08
At 62, what kind of weavon and wig do you want her to continue wearing, she's trying to reconnect to her creator try and understand her, in as much as she's looking neat and smells nice. Please respect her wish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 1:05pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So cosmetic treatment means painting your face, eyes, lips, nails etc, right

Don't always talk ignorantly, try to make a little research every now and then, have a nice day cool

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fortune118005(m): 1:07pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Esther 2:12

‭‭Esther‬ ‭2:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[12] Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifying of the womenwink

This is King James Version, the version that all churches use to preach their sermons. There is no place here where Esther wore gold or make-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Blakjewelry(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08
pocohantas:

I am all for females looking good and modest. But less than two months ago, Nairaland males gathered to tell us women look more beautiful and approachable with their natural hair. They said we should go back to the days we rocked afro, kiko and allback. OP's mum is rocking her thread (kiko). I want to believe she is looking beautiful and I am surprised you think women without artificial hair look unkempt and uncatered for. Many NL guys said that is the kind of babes they love.
Going natural Doesn’t mean you should go old school na. Me I love ladies natural hair infact I like the feel of it but it doesn't mean you should leave the hair rough or go plait them grandma thread style. Though I sometimes see reasons with the women folks because they do complain that natural hair is hard to care for. On the makeup aspect I love semi natural makeup, like those that matches your skin tone with nice lipstick and eye make up to match not those masked type make, it is totally disgusting.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 1:08pm On Jan 08
Renman:
How does this relate to Makeup/Face painting and wearing jewelry
are u asking? Am I the one that wrote Esther 2:12?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 1:10pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:

Abeg ignore them, they have been deeply brainwashed nah them dey worship their pastor even if their pastor say make them eat grass they do so without asking questions

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by temitimx19(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08
DKM123:
It will take a while for her to come back to her true self. Hypnosis from Christ Chosen is super strong...

It will take another pastor to talk her out of it. They have given her a prophesy that has scared her to de@th.

I know someone who joined the church and was told that her loving father is behind her setbacks. Not long after she joined the church her father died. Till today, she believes the church helped her k!ll her father through fasting and prayers.
OMG
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by berepiki(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08
Please don't be bothered... Only be thankful that your mom has found the right path to eternal rest... Read Prov. 18:1... Separation from the fashion of this evil world is great gain... The most important thing is that, she should be neat... NATURAL BEAUTY is PURE BEAUTY
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:16pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Don't always talk ignorantly, try to make a little research every now and then, have a nice day cool
Don't you think you are highly ignorant here

Answer my question and stop beating around the bush...Besides, the word cosmetic is a broad.

We are talking about cosmetic treatment - Does cosmetic treatment means painting the face, lips, eyes etc
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by reddingtonblack: 1:16pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Please don't quote me when u don't understand what u are quoting, I was referring to op rant about his mother shabby and raggy dressing in the name of church one sided preaching

I love natural pass you self, but wearing rags and dressing shabbily isn't part of dressing natural, it's plain madness, your general overseers and their family don't dress shabbily, so don't be brainwashed

Maybe you should go back n read your comment, Op was complaining about is mom but you made it more like general issue
which one is natural dressing again, Lmao grin grin you be goat wey dem born with cloth, you beta drink water n think b4 talking

Make i burst ur head i won't mind Nigerians swapping "Greed" for "shabby dressing" sef
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:17pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:
So Esther 2:12 says Esthet painted her face, lips, eyes, nails etc for six months
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

‭‭Esther‬ ‭2:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[12] Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifying of the womenwink

This is King James Version, the version that all churches use to preach their sermons. There is no place here where Esther wore gold or make-up.

Read, research...

Read about ancient middle-eastern culture.

It says she had 12 months of purification according to the manner of women.

They bathed this woman in PERFUME for a WHOLE YEAR.
A WHOLE YEAR!

When she entered a room, it smelled good.
When she left a room, for a long time afterwards, it smelled good.

The prepared her for a whole year to meet the King, for one night.

So if thr women of that time wore jewelry and painted their faces, and the Bible says she was prepared in that manner (of women), how come Esther did not?

Even the Men wore jewelry.
Their Crown was jewelry.
Their Armour had jewelry
Their swords had jewelry.
Some of them wore ear-rings.

How much more their women.

Read, oga.
Read about history.
Travel...see the world.
See other cultures.
Watch Documentaries
Google things!
Watch Youtube.

Don't be narrow minded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Make The Sweetest Healthy Zobo Without Sugar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.