Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23904 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by theophorus(m): 12:05pm On Jan 08
62+yrs old Grandma na hin you dey complain say she no dey dress well?

Abeg who she wan dey dress well for?
Person wen don see this Life say nothing dey there, na hin you want make she still dey wear Wig and Makeup?

Okay, buy some bump-short, Waistbeads, plastic bra and Brazilian hair for her so that she can look like those Irresponsible 18yrs old girl wen dey scatter leg for street.

You better face your Life and leave Grandma to dey her lane cos she is closer to "changing address" now than 20yrs ago.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:06pm On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:
You're def into momcest because TF nigger

I hope you forking kys

U 're sick in the head

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by GanagiBitrus: 12:06pm On Jan 08
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Deogratiasfx: 12:06pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

At 62 what do u want again? Leave her and let her do what gives her fulfilment. Besides what people call unattractive dressing are:
No wig/attachment
No make up/ eye lashes
No showing of breast/cleavage
No short gown or revealing clothes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Vadese1: 12:07pm On Jan 08
So you assume everything is wrong with your mom because she is nolonger wearing jewelry and doing expensive hair . That is how a true Christian supposed to behave. She is at the right direction. Your mom is pursuing her heavenly race. Please don't distract her.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Cruzmaster: 12:08pm On Jan 08
I used to attend that church. In holiness, deeper life is still a learner. We are not even allow to sit among women in the church. Make and female stay one part. You dare not use attachment, weavon or anything on your hair. You dare not use perfume, paint nails etc Omoh I later commot o. Buh my life during that time is a testimony. I was doing so well. Is good to serve God!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Chimookigwe: 12:09pm On Jan 08
ObaOfYorubaLand:

Why did you collect money to tarnish image of a church?

Why are you demarketing a church on nairaland? Who is your paymaster?

I believe you're a member of redeemed church therefore not surprised this came from you.

You go cry taya
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by TheBillyonaire: 12:10pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

She has been mentally infected by a mind virus, an AI modeled to infect the logical faculties of the mind and leave the other hemisphere for subliminal suggestions and command of just anyone with a control over her mind.

Relocate her from where she is to a location where there are no 'spiritual' churches.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by kuntash: 12:10pm On Jan 08
be wise and stop being used by the adversary to the propagation of the gospel.

she is living her life and I believe not forcing it down on you. did she, your dad or yourself come to this world at the same time or even together? carry your cross and stop creating unnecessary heat to trend. your mum this your mum that!

deal with family matters in a family way and not bring it to the media !

whyteteeth:

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by bong4(m): 12:10pm On Jan 08
ObaOfYorubaLand:

Why did you collect money to tarnish image of a church?

Why are you demarketing a church on nairaland? Who is your paymaster?

I believe you're a member of redeemed church therefore not surprised this came from you.

Should we now conclude that you also collected money to tarnish the image of the Redeemed Church?

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by princetom1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08
ZekeYeager:
So modest dressing is now a form of entrapment?

Have u seen these people? U can look good naturally at any age bt they just don't take care of their self, seems like a thing to dem to look tattered and all that
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by StrongAlphMale: 12:12pm On Jan 08
ufotty2001:
The same thing with my sister.. I wonder how many go take approach her..

You need to reach out to your sister asap for her sanity to be restored.

The situation with the op's mom is understandable because she's already an old woman of 62, so no need for any make up or too much dressing. Na old woman she be already.

But you see the case of your sister, she might end up becoming 44 and yet no single man go approach her. Men are moved by what they see. Tell her to avoid religion and start dressing like a lady should! (Not walking around naked oo) make she dress smart and sharp and not like an old woman

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by siant: 12:12pm On Jan 08
You need to post the picture of your mom, make we see. Since you weren't hesitate to post picture of the church.
Idiot.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by RenaissanceGuy: 12:15pm On Jan 08
You can talk to your Mum that she can still be a born again Christian that she now is, whilst still appearing very attractive, and without having to go go back to her former wigs, attachments and makeups.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ZekeYeager: 12:15pm On Jan 08
Go back and read the story. She's complaining that her mom no longer wears designer clothes and jewelry or uses expensive wigs. Her mom is trying to be modest in a Biblical sense.

princetom1:

Have u seen these people? U can look good naturally at any age bt they just don't take care of their self, seems like a thing to dem to look tattered and all that
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by qtx(m): 12:15pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:

So you want your mom, after seeing the light, to join you back in polishing flesh, leaving the soul? What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul? You better join your mom to serve God; you think the end is still far away, right? hmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ufotty2001: 12:16pm On Jan 08
StrongAlphMale:

You need to reach out to your sister asap for her sanity to be restored.

The situation with the op's mom is understandable because she's already an old woman of 62, so no need for any make up or too much dressing. Na old woman she be already. True. Thanks

But you see the case of your sister, she might end up becoming 44 and yet no single man go approach her. Men are moved by what they see. Tell her to avoid religion and start dressing like a lady should! (Not walking around naked oo) make she dress smart and sharp and not like an old woman
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by themanderon: 12:16pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:

Your mother has found Christ so its natural for her to do away with the things of the world. Beauty has different standards for different people so if she has peace within herself for how she looks who are you to question her?
I have seen billionaires and millionaires in the Lords chosen who maintain a modest lifestyle and don't go around dressing loudly.
We are the light of the world as Christians and we must not conform to the beauty standards of a dying morally decayed world.
I pray the Lord opens your eyes to see. Those attachments and all is like telling God he did not make you the way you want. People are white, black, Hispanic, Arabs and Asians for a reason. Each one should maintain their identity and not try to look like the other. Stay black if you are black and white if you are white.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ibinaboonline: 12:17pm On Jan 08
She's making sense? You obviously missed the sarcasm.
Wawelexy:

You are making sense today

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Pootle: 12:19pm On Jan 08
those churches uses some powers outside what they preach to cage and keep prey in bondage, some use brainwashing as a tool to continue having ppl in as followers, something on synagogue on bbc made the headline this morning
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 12:19pm On Jan 08
That sect called choose are worse than cultists. What?!
I remember when my cousin that was a choosen pastor died and we went for his burial.
Wake keeping, we put secular music, they shouted abomination! We told our cousins to give us beer, they say no way, we say no way. We went and bought alcohol for ourselves that night and drank.
The following day, choosen took over. Took over everything. Except for us family members that stayed under the family canopy, the rest of our villagers were bounced out. The did the service that lasted over 4 hours, buried their member, shared take away rice to their members (they came prepared) and left. They were more than 1000. Meanwhile their GO Muoka came the previous with a powerful SUV and 3 armed hefty guards.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fiscus105(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08
The most BRAINWASHED Christian globally are people attending Christ choosen.

Using entire members to advertise his church business.

How can a rational human being would be traveling from Lagos to Abuja, afre dressing well and coperately, let say SUIT attire, he now wear apron as overall.

......and this is APRON that carries particular church name and logo.

Wherever you go, they see the name of the church, if by chance they asked u about it, u also give sweet talk about the church product.

Which other marketing strategies good and free than that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by themanderon: 12:23pm On Jan 08
Cruzmaster:
I used to attend that church. In holiness, deeper life is still a learner. We are not even allow to sit among women in the church. Make and female stay one part. You dare not use attachment, weavon or anything on your hair. You dare not use perfume, paint nails etc Omoh I later commot o. Buh my life during that time is a testimony. I was doing so well. Is good to serve God!

Why are you lying that they don't use perfumes? So people should smell like shit? Thank God you confessed you were doing so well.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fortune118005(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Well I don't buy in that crazy idea of natural hair bullish!t, women should dress good and looking less attractive and dressing like someone in a refugee camp won't make you any closer to God, you can look your best and still serve God fervently.

Even Esther in the bible dressed so beautifully, wore gold and make up, it was in the bible and God was pleased with her and favoured her, those so called pastors won't show their members this part of the bible oh, nah make them dey wear rags and reflecting jacket advertising their church is what they are best at.

Even Jesus Christ himself allowed a woman to use the most expensive perfume on him in the bible, and when the oversabi disciples try to stop the woman, Jesus Christ told them to let her be.

So any one against dressing good in the name of going to church is totally brain washed

Show me where Esther wore gold and makeup in the Bible..

Moreover, perfume is different from jewelleries. You can look good without jewelleries as a woman.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by henryadex(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08
What has the world to offer you at the end of your sojourn here on earth
A shroud
A casket
A 4/6 grave

Your mom is wise to be un deluded by fantasies
Borrow from her wisdom
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by DKM123: 12:28pm On Jan 08
It will take a while for her to come back to her true self. Hypnosis from Christ Chosen is super strong...

It will take another pastor to talk her out of it. They have given her a prophesy that has scared her to de@th.

I know someone who joined the church and was told that her loving father is behind her setbacks. Not long after she joined the church her father died. Till today, she believes the church helped her k!ll her father through fasting and prayers. Imagine strangers who never cared for her till adulthood like her father did telling her he is the enemy and she believed them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HEBEI: 12:30pm On Jan 08
She has stopped looking good to you, but to God she is good.

Oga free that woman. Even if she overdresses, you go still complain, saying; " she don dey chase men".
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 12:32pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

Show me where Esther wore gold and makeup in the Bible..

Moreover, perfume is different from jewelleries. You can look good without jewelleries as a woman.

Esther 2:12 CEV
The young women were given beauty treatments for one whole year. The first six months their skin was rubbed with olive oil and myrrh, and the last six months it was treated with perfumes and cosmetics. Then each of them spent the night alone with King Xerxes.

You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 08
You Dad should sit her down and give her ultimatum!

If she does not like, she should leave.
Or better still, go and marry Choses Pastor.

Because that was not whom he married and you cannot act anyhow without agreeing with you Partner.

No sentiments, no emotions.
Women can be stupid atimes and need a hard reset.

I live abroad and I see Women in their 70s/80@ still looking smashing-- painted nails, small heels, nice hair, smelling good...

That is me sha, I will not let myself go and my Partner should ALWAYS put in the needed effort.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by reddingtonblack: 12:37pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Well I don't buy in that crazy idea of natural hair bullish!t, women should dress good and looking less attractive and dressing like someone in a refugee camp won't make you any closer to God, you can look your best and still serve God fervently.

Even Esther in the bible dressed so beautifully, wore gold and make up, it was in the bible and God was pleased with her and favoured her, those so called pastors won't show their members this part of the bible oh, nah make them dey wear rags and reflecting jacket advertising their church is what they are best at.

Even Jesus Christ himself allowed a woman to use the most expensive perfume on him in the bible, and when the oversabi disciples try to stop the woman, Jesus Christ told them to let her be.

So any one against dressing good in the name of going to church is totally brain washed

Why will you even think something "Natural" or conventional is a crazy preference

You prefer artificial to natural instead of sticking to your preference you parade yourself as better off .. thats lame

Dress pass Idris Elba or jenner kardashian won't earn you chair next to God, smelling lazarus made heaven

can't make sense of anything you spewing bro, come to my church in unilag n see people dress, even MFm wey carry fire for head people dress elegant.

Don't sit in one place and make lame generalization, the Agbada nd shoe my pastor wore yesterday burst my head, if you don't come out you will only see life from the angle you are holed up
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 12:37pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:
Y'all here saying op mom is on the right track definitely won't take same sh!t if their wives for examples or mother changes the way she dresses and started looking like someone suffering and the kids cant take care of, or their husband don't take care of as the case may be, op mom have been brain washed by the one-sided preaching of some churches,

I had similar experience too, traveled home sometimes ego and meet my parent dressing shabbily in the name of being chosen, had to sit them down and talked them back to the real world, how can you dress shabbily where the daddy and mommy of the church generally overseers flies first class and wear only the best designers cloths, I even learnt some churches told her people that watching TV is a sin, what a joke😂

Abeg they should not preach the bible one sided to brainwash people, that was how one man refused to allow doctors make a blood transfusion on his heavily pregnant wife in the labour room bleeding to death in the name of our daddy in the lord say it's abomination to transmits blood from one person to another, absolute nonsense and that same daddy in the lord won't hesitate to fly his family abroad to get best treatment when they fall ill

Don't be a blind Christian that worships pastors, hid to what the bible says alone and most times ignore the one-sided preaching of some God of Man these days.

the blood transfusion own are sabbath people, and I think with jehova witness.
That's how one my sabbath friend that could barely walk refused to take medication. That he only takes roots. He survived shaa. But till date has not gotten married, despite he's very successful. Which girl will marry a man that doesn't take drugs, no blood transfusion and locks himself up at home every Saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.