Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23901 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by kareemkamil(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08
U better do something fast, before they tell her to use ur father house to sow seed.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 7:17pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Think bruv!

Thiiiiink!
I am sorry I cannot go on, because I am losing brain cells here.

Clothes were like tunics for children.
Bubu or Kaaba ( as Yorubas calk it).

If it did not size them, they could decided to take it or not.

What mattered most was the gold!
Clothes would wear out, gold would not.

So who cared about some foolish clothes.

Besides, the Parents obviously took things for themselves-- who wouldn't.
I do not see where they were told not to take things for themeselves?

I think only a dumbo wouldn't and if you say you wouldn't, then... you gerrit?

Also was it when they were plundering the Egyptians before escaping, that they started putting holes in their Children for ear rings?
🤣

If I imprison you for 35 years and then suddenly release you, but ask you to tak what you want before you leave... won't you grab and run.

You would also put your most prized possesion where?

On you of course-- money, your phone, your watch and jewelry if you have any.
Anything else can go into a bag.

If the bag gets lost, your valuables don't.
You keep them on yourself.

So they wore the jewelry and pinned it to their ears and noses so it would not get lost!
Such that it was not even that easy to remove when they had to.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Jewelry can be such a big deal to you.

With all the things going on in the World, Jewelry will be the most important thing to God?!

The same God that made them build him a Temple of outlandish wealth?
The same God that made his High Priest wear gems in his breastplate?

The same God that bragged he clothed his children with precious metals?

If you cannot understand, I can't help you!
Yoir mind is just dark!

When Jesus comes back with a Crown, refuse to follow him because of it.

...and so you know, I don't wear Jewelry.
Just saying.

I am not going to reply you again.

So your own Bible said God told the Israelite women to collect the clothing and jewelries from Egyptian children baa

God told the parents clearly to put them upon their sons and daughters, not upon themselves...neither did God told the parents to collect and wear them!!!

Why is it still difficult for you to understand

And God clothed His children physically with precious metals, baa

And besides, how many gold/jewelries did Jesus and His followers wore in the new testament
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Mryacks: 7:35pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

She is operating at a higher spiritual level now that looks don't mean anything to her only the word of God. Remember the prophets of old like John the Baptist, Isaiah, etc....

Kpele

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 9:16pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So Esther 2:12 says Esthet painted her face, lips, eyes, nails etc for six months
leave Esther 2:12, see instances women wore jewellery in old testament

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 9:37pm On Jan 08
thatigboman:
leave Esther 2:12, see instances women wore jewellery in old testament
So it's no longer Esther 2:12 and Makeup,.... Now it is jewelry.

The women that wore jewelry in the old testament, are they Jewish women(Gods own people) or pagans?

Also show us instances where women(Christ followers) wore jewellery in the new testament if you think we can still wear jewelry under the new covenant of Christ
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by OctavianAC(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
What makes you think you knows more and are wiser than a person who doubles you in age and life experience even if she wasn't your mother?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by whyteteeth: 10:26pm On Jan 08
IkeAbuja:
Let us pretend you have sense so you want your mum to be wearing make ups and all those stuffs at her age and be looking like sugar mummy we the sugar boys are at the corner waiting to strike

You seriously need a brand new brain.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Righteousness1: 10:45pm On Jan 08
If only God can open your eyes!

Truly, being born again doesn't culminate in dressing shabbily, that's right.

But trying to pity your mum because she parted ways with those things you mentioned does not add up.

To you, she is no longer beautiful, but Heaven celebrates her everyday!

God does not look as man looks

So, get some gospel truth. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thatigboman: 10:48pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So it's no longer Esther 2:12 and Makeup,.... Now it is jewelry.

The women that wore jewelry in the old testament, are they Jewish women(Gods own people) or pagans?

Also show us instances where women(Christ followers) wore jewellery in the new testament if you think we can still wear jewelry under the new covenant of Christ
oya see it. In Revelations, the last book of the bible and the last book in new testament

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Prettychild(f): 2:58am On Jan 09
whyteteeth:

She can still be fashionable without having to use makeup or wigs. It’s the belief system there
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Taiwo20(m): 5:29am On Jan 09
Tell her to dress like the top female ministers or like wives of top pastors in her church.
C
Thank me later

whyteteeth:

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Obiedun(m): 6:00am On Jan 09
Kobojunkie:
Yes, wearing slippers and shabby clothing is natural beauty abi? undecided

Do you equally dress that way yourself --- this idea of beauty which you claim is natural for you --- or is it only when others like OP'S mother do it that you OK it? undecided
You deserved to be pity.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 7:47am On Jan 09
thatigboman:
oya see it. In Revelations, the last book of the bible and the last book in new testament
The woman here is the mother of harlot - which represent Babylon... Does that look like a follower of Christ to you

This shows you don't even know bible!!!

I repeat show us instances where men/women(Christ followers) wore jewellery in the new testament if you think we can still wear jewelry under the new covenant of Christ...Yet you are just quoting verses up and down without proper understanding!!!

Besides, have you read 1Timothy 2:9
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by tranxo(m): 9:13am On Jan 09
whyteteeth:
Heavenly race is a PERSONAL RACE. Who would have thought that the 'sinner' on the cross beside Jesus would make heaven.

Just pray that she gets salvation of her soul there, or if it's the wrong place, that God will open her eyes soon.

She is 62. At a certain age, many people start thinking about eternity.

Meanwhile, make sure you are running your own race oooo. Money may not be problem for you, but money IS NOT EVERYTHING.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 10:33am On Jan 09
tranxo:

Heavenly race is a PERSONAL RACE. Who would have thought that the 'sinner' on the cross beside Jesus would make heaven.

Just pray that she gets salvation of her soul there, or if it's the wrong place, that God will open her eyes soon.

She is 62. At a certain age, many people start thinking about eternity.

Meanwhile, make sure you are running your own race oooo. Money may not be problem for you, but money IS NOT EVERYTHING.
Do you have to wait until you are at a certain age before you start thinking about eternity Thinking about eternity starts from the time you have reached the age of accountability because death can come anytime to both young and old!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Cruzmaster: 4:32pm On Jan 09
themanderon:

Why are you lying that they don't use perfumes? So people should smell like shit? Thank God you confessed you were doing so well.

What will I gain if I lie? Ask Righteousness if Lord Chosen is using perf
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by tranxo(m): 6:43am On Jan 10
Renman:
Do you have to wait until you are at a certain age before you start thinking about eternity Thinking about eternity starts from the time you have reached the age of accountability because death can come anytime to both young and old!!!
For some people (arguably most), when they are full of life, young, and bubbling, they think life goes on forever. But at a certain age, when 20 more years is not certain, they start thinking more about putting their houses on order.

Read to understand, rather than read to comment.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by tranxo(m): 6:56am On Jan 10
I will repeat, heavenly race is a PERSONAL RACE.

You cannot effectively serve God when you have others gods in your life. The Holy Spirit will lead you to know the gods in your life you need to let go, for you not to be distracted in your pursuit for the peace of salvation.

Like the OP said, the mum used to take looking good very seriously - that may be a god in her life she needed to let go.

Meanwhile, makeup can be a god to A, but not to B.

Some of these gods may not even be sin. They are just addictions that will become huge distractions and impediments towards reaching a higher realm.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 7:17pm On Jan 10
tranxo:

For some people (arguably most), when they are full of life, young, and bubbling, they think life goes on forever. But at a certain age, when 20 more years is not certain, they start thinking more about putting their houses on order.

Read to understand, rather than read to comment.
Still there is no sense in what you just said!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 7:19pm On Jan 10
tranxo:
I will repeat, heavenly race is a PERSONAL RACE.

You cannot effectively serve God when you have others gods in your life. The Holy Spirit will lead you to know the gods in your life you need to let go, for you not to be distracted in your pursuit for the peace of salvation.

Like the OP said, the mum used to take looking good very seriously - that may be a god in her life she needed to let go.

Meanwhile, makeup can be a god to A, but not to B.

Some of these gods may not even be sin. They are just addictions that will become huge distractions and impediments towards reaching a higher realm.
So how can makeup be god to A and not to B....or is makeup a necessity...or what is the purpose of makeup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.