Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs (38647 Views)

Tinubu Suspends NSIPA, Coordinator Halima Shehu / Tinubu Suspends Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Boss / President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by peleson1: 2:22pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
When you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.
Betta Edu only reported the illegal movement of N44B in her ministry.
That's her offence.

Let them conduct the investigation.

The reason I think made her move on he money to private accounts may be to share the money to targetted people but there will always be stealing somehow.

As for the other Buhari minister, that one na confirm ole buruku.
She will rot in jail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by wowo2: 2:23pm On Jan 08
After the covid 19 palava she was involved in, she was still appointed as Minister!

Sack her now and let the other ministers know they can be easily disposed of if they are found wanting...something Buhari couldn't do!

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ddippset(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
That's her offence.
Lol

She only reported the illegal movement of 44 billion.
That's her only offence😪😪😪

So paying 500 million into a private account is not an offence?

12 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by NewDea4: 2:23pm On Jan 08
On top all the fûck wey Ayade fūck this girl, na here e for end?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by aylipple: 2:23pm On Jan 08
We used to say something about giving a "premature" testimony in Church; that's what just happened to Betta Edu.

She didn't wait a year to see how things would unfold before she went to give testimony to a global audience. With this suspension, she can kiss goodbye to getting any appointment from credible international organizations; locally sef, the circumstances surrounding her suspension from office would always hang on her neck like an albatross.

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Xinox: 2:23pm On Jan 08
I am so sad😢

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by LegacyB: 2:23pm On Jan 08
Good that’s the President I voted for.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Ishilove: 2:24pm On Jan 08
Suspension is not enough. There needs to be tougher punitive measures to deter potential thieves.

Beautiful unarmed robber

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by NAC1666: 2:24pm On Jan 08
martin123:
Breaking: President Tinubu suspends the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, from office with immediate effect.

President directs the EFCC to conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of the financial transactions involving the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, as well as one or more agencies thereunder.

Full Statement:

PRESIDENT TINUBU SUSPENDS MINISTER OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION FROM OFFICE

Just because she paid for a flight to kogi airport?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by FreeStuffsNG: 2:24pm On Jan 08
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Omoejigbahe(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08
Buhari would have left her

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Ttipsy(f): 2:24pm On Jan 08
Suspend Abi sack ?

She should resign
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by kalemy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08
I'm beginning to like this Tinubu of a president

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08
Victim of the situation

I am not happy about this news

Most beautiful minister in history who was about to hold a ladder 🪜 that would benefit muo.... am sad..

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by LegacyB: 2:25pm On Jan 08
peleson1:

Let them conduct the investigation.

The reason I think made her move on he money to private accounts may be to share the money to targetted people but there will always be stealing somehow.

As for the other Buhari minister, that one na confirm ole buruku.
She will rot in jail

I agree with you partially. But there’s no excuse for her to move money to private account Abeg!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by OsunOriginal: 2:25pm On Jan 08
martin123:
Breaking: President Tinubu suspends the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, from office with immediate effect.

President directs the EFCC to conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of the financial transactions involving the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, as well as one or more agencies thereunder.

Full Statement:

PRESIDENT TINUBU SUSPENDS MINISTER OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION FROM OFFICE

When last did I hear good news like this in Nigeria? Keep it up, Pre Tinubu... We may not have made a wrong choice after all

8 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by TUTU147: 2:26pm On Jan 08
Way to go, I think the president is beginning to act as I expected.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by kingsleefolli(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08
Many of them in the system let pray to God to expose people behind the suffering of this nation.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Ishilove: 2:27pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
That's her offence.
He who comes with equity must come with clean hands. You can't fight corruption when you're corrupt. You will get dragged, chewed and spat out by the agents oiling the machine of corruption

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Artiiclebeast: 2:27pm On Jan 08
She should go and explain at shiloh.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Deadlytruth(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08
AbuAeesha:
those pple clamoring for youth to take over power should know that good leadership isn't about age.
it is the mindset!

. This is exactly the comment I wanted to make on seeing this topic on Front Page.
The fact that the youngest of all the ministers just appointed is the first to be nailed for sleaze should be enough evidence that this recent fixation with cumpulsory youthful takeover of power is baseless and that age bears no correlation with ability to govern well.

15 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by nedekid: 2:27pm On Jan 08
Myhusband:
she goofed big time, money she suppose steal small small she won steal am once, if she had succeed, she would have end up in abroad

progress of this country is not praying solution, it's integrity driven Solution
You know no how much be exchange rate? 1m pounds na ₦1.5b.
So when them de "grab" money, na hundreds of millions and billions you go de hear. If she wan buy correct flat for London, no be like eg 800k pounds she go need? cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by fidelmarshal199: 2:27pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
That's her offence.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by id4sho(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08
Breakfast served tongue
I expected this, still Monday though. My president is working grin

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by okorogodwin4(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08
Beta edu shame!!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by luminouz(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08
Demigod22:
I used to admire this woman, the way she is young and doing it but this gross financial misconduct, though expected but came too soon is absolute turn off.

Her suspension won't mean anything to others, corruption runs in the vein now.
Goan sit down jor...Cho Cho Cho like parrot..

Which kain demigod you be?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Eriokanmi: 2:29pm On Jan 08
After much pressure.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by loswhite(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
That's her offence.
Lol you want to fight corruption when you are also corrupt...lol.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Pravedk: 2:29pm On Jan 08
The moment I saw the news I know she is a goner.

If you know Tinubu well you'd know that he'll use her to set an example.

Whether for the glam or he meant it is another thing.

I'm sure the woman didn't make use of seasoned civil servants. They will tell her writing to the AGF in that instance is a wrong move.

However two things are clear:
1. She blew the cover of the social investment hajiya under her that stole 44Billion, the hajiya or her people in turn blew her nyash.

A loss loss for two thieves.

2. Beta Edu is probably the kind of oga that steals and act as if he/she is the cleanest- those types civil servants will deal with. If you a thieving minister, eat, let the civil servants under you eat.

You never know how those officers can secure files very well if they are carried along in the stealing. Small investigation and fire will burn the whole office. No try a well oiled civil servant.

For those of you that are thinking why I'm i talking as of it's ok to steal in Govt.

Let me kindly remind you that Nigeria is a crime scene grin

I dedicate shegiya banza by Muhammadu Buhari to her. Great jam, make she use the lyrics hold body

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DaddyJapan(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08
Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation - the gift that keeps on giving cool

"Praise the Lord, Praise the lord! My name is Dr. Betta Edu, I came to thank God last year at Shiloh 2022. I prayed and told God that by the next time I come to next year Shiloh, I want to be a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“On the last day of Shiloh, just as I was walking out I saw Papa, Bishop David Oyedepo, and I went to greet him as usual, and I whispered to him, Papa I need you to pray for me. I just have one prayer request. And he said what is it? I said I want to come back to Shiloh in 2023 as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he put his hands on my head and said it is done.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/649976-oyedepo-prayed-for-me-to-become-minister-betta-edu.html

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by askdek(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08
Thought she was prayed for at Shiloh by Oyedepo to become a minister?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Eriokanmi: 2:30pm On Jan 08
aylipple:
That's the right thing to do. This should make the other Ministers sit up if they love their job.
Other ministers are like her. Look at them from top to bottom. The head na baba of all corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shina Peller Picks APC Nomination Form / Despite Court Order, Nnamdi Kanu Addresses Pro-biafra Crowd / I’m “reasonably Satisfied” With Buhari So Far — Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.