Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,165 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs (38776 Views)

Tinubu Suspends NSIPA, Coordinator Halima Shehu / Tinubu Suspends Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Boss / President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08
Nwaokunkpara:
Tinubu Should also suspend himself

For what? Think before you write pls

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by VULCAN(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08
Hahaha.

You asked a very insightful question.

ddippset:
Lol

She only reported the illegal movement of 44 billion.
That's her only offenceπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

So paying 500 million into a private account is not an offence?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by id4sho(m): 3:05pm On Jan 08
loswhite:
Of what use is your trust to jagaban.....lol. He will win another election without u so your trust is not important to him.
Gbammm, my thoughts too. Very soon, massive sacking and dealing with crooks will begin

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Johnnyplus01k(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08
E neva happen for the past 8years, even Jonathan no suspend. Promising government

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08
Alexlalax1:
Can a demon cast out demon? When one don't have nothing to offer, you about blaming the people around you..... Clueless government!!!

Can u see your comment is different from other reasonable people, pls check your brain

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ddippset(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08
Fiscus105:

Stop all these pls, it's normal for her to report such illegality , doing that shouldn't be yardstick for her to do illegality herself.

Govt business must be conducted strictly according to established code and conduct.

Nigeria has enough rule and laws to make things right, but bending the rules by individual is what turn Nigeria to jungle.

Go and update urself about misappropriation of govt fund.

Govt money that is meant for official car, you used it to build govt office. Hope u know it's an offence.
This person cannot read.

Read again what I posted,, this time more carefully ,,and then apologize to me.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by adicius: 3:07pm On Jan 08
Well done Mr president πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ. Bravo. This is the right thing to do and right way to show leadership. We salute you.

The haters will criticize regardless. They are so filled with hate that they will even side with the devil against you.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08
oyeb15:
It's a gang work against d minister.Some people are sponsoring d news every hour to get desired attention.

They want her out. Who is a saint in Nigeria?

Let start now, let everybody be careful because your enemy might be your best friend

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Colicee(m): 3:08pm On Jan 08
Too bad of her
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08
AbuAeesha:
those pple clamoring for youth to take over power should know that good leadership isn't about age.
it is the mindset!

Ask Kogi people

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Will205: 3:09pm On Jan 08
Fucking Audio Suspension
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08
felg:

I'm very glad he did the right thing. The lady just messed up her young career

And she went to shilo to even give thankgiving, anyway let the report comes out first

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Bluntemperor: 3:10pm On Jan 08
aylipple:
That's the right thing to do. This should make the other Ministers sit up if they love their job.

That means,the situation is deeper,like COVID-19,and she must have dip her hands in the cookijar!
This is too early and again
we say young - Men and Women!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by slivertongue: 3:10pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
When you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.
Betta Edu only reported the illegal movement of N44B in her ministry.
That's her offence.

she is gone. The someone/ someone people want her position. All the person/people needs to do is compromise close aids to give wrong advice which will be implemented. once it is done, then the aids take it to the media as anonymous. it's an old game sadly she fell for it. The people who master minded it will soon take the ministry for their people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by stagger: 3:11pm On Jan 08
This woman has brought disgrace on herself and our church. I am really saddened by this development.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by spencekat(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08
maestro299:
I don't understand why people are masturbating on this issue. All of them are thieves. From Tinubu down to the most obscure council chairman in Yobe state.
They dey talk say na who dey catch be thief.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by VULCAN(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08
It's obvious you are not based in Nigeria.

Emefiele worked hand in hand with the cabal around Buhari - he made them billionaires, even if he killed someone in broad daylight he would not have been removed.

marsman:

Lmao... same public pressure that could not make buhari do anything to emefiele. You guys should calm down now cheesy
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ozo13(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
When you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.
Betta Edu only reported the illegal movement of N44B in her ministry.
That's her offence.
story.Did she transfer 500ml into a private account.yes or no.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

simply because of public pressure. normally, Tinubu no send. he appointed her as way to "settle" her because of the role she played in his election as APC women's leader

Pls if he knwo remove her watin you people go do? Give him credit if he do the right thing, forget all this bad belle
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by spencekat(m): 3:13pm On Jan 08
Image123:
Betta Edu was slack. These young people and women given opportunities should not allow the old guards to rubbish them so easily. See person wey just share testimony oh.
It is a pity.She may come back. What do you think?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ConfidentialDoc: 3:14pm On Jan 08
eliyke:
Confirm,others go sit-up..if tinubu do well I applaud am

Who will make tinubu sit up now ?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:14pm On Jan 08
blaise26abj:

I no go lie . I am impressed . This is the way it should be . Accountability! And quick investigation ! Now do same for any male politician that does nonsense too . Choose a powerful one sef . So that they can sit up and deliver .

I still don’t like Tinubu . I just want a great country

Many people don't like him but many people like his style of govt, Ask Elrufai, after 8 years you will leave to share the testimony.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by marsman: 3:14pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

which court order did Emefiele ignore and how was the issue finally resolved?

what happened to Emefiele and what did anybody ask Buhari to do to Emefiele?
despite a court order for him to make the process easy and efficient by allowing the use of old note along with very scarce new notes, since February2023 when emefiele implemented the currency change policy till after the emergence of president Tinubu, he blatantly refused and went ahead with is life excruciating policy.

It was eventually after the emergence of the new president that Emefiele partially considered the court order .
Even if you are deaf and dumb and oblivious of what was happening then, I am sure you are not blind. What does the below picture indicate. Buhari was asked to intervene and force emefiele to obey the court order. He did not, reason for article below. Even his own supporters and kinsmen called him out for not acting and calling the CBN gov to order.

So the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Sensiblerealist: 3:14pm On Jan 08
Yinmu. Dem don use the eye small girl clear road. I. This Nigeria ehn, almost everyone is a thief. See the so called youth collecting flight tickets to nonexistent airport and DTA. Chaiii

aylipple:
That's the right thing to do. This should make the other Ministers sit up if they love their job.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Tonytonex(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08
martin123:
Breaking: President Tinubu suspends the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, from office with immediate effect.

President directs the EFCC to conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of the financial transactions involving the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, as well as one or more agencies thereunder.

Full Statement:

PRESIDENT TINUBU SUSPENDS MINISTER OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION FROM OFFICE

This one is not too familiar with the way things are done in the government.

Somebody don cook for her, and she fell for it.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Image123(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08
spencekat:
It is a pity.She may come back. What do you think?

If she's not guilty and vindicated, why not? i have a soft spot for the young, but they must not abuse office but show distinction.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:16pm On Jan 08
Paramount01:

Pls if he knwo remove her watin you people go do? Give him credit if he do the right thing, forget all this bad belle

give him credit for what exactly?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Tonytonex(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08
seunmsg:
The right decision considering the current circumstances. Like i have always said, the federal public service is not the private sector where the CEO can do as they like. The public service is governed by laws, rules, regulations and over one thousand extant circulars. People without public service knowledge who gets appointed as ministers and heads of agencies must be extremely careful and very cooperative with the civil servants they meet on ground or else, they will run into trouble quickly.

I like Betta Edu and really wished this did not happen to her but the serious violations observed from those approvals and the fraudulent intention behind the diversion of over N500m to a private account are too much to be ignored. I hope other newly appointed political office holders would learn from her mistake. Learn the rules before approving anything. When in doubt, seek and take the advice of the more experienced civil servants. If Betty had listened to the wise counsel of the Accountant General, she won't be in this mess.
well said. I concur 100%.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:18pm On Jan 08
marsman:

Even if you are deaf and dumb and oblivious of what was happening then, I am sure you are not blind. What does the below picture indicate. Buhari was asked to intervene and force emefiele to obey the court order. He did not, reason for article below. Even his own supporters and kinsmen called him out for not acting and calling the CBN gov to order

from the screenshot, did it say that anybody asked buhari do something to Emefiele?

what happened to Emefiele and what did anybody ask Buhari to do to Emefiele?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Jan 08
marsman:
despite a court order for him to make the process easy and efficient by allowing the use of old note along with very scarce new notes, since February2023 when emefiele implemented the currency change policy till after the emergence of president Tinubu, he blatantly refused and went ahead with is life excruciating policy.

It was eventually after the emergence of the new president that Emefiele partially considered the court order .
Even if you are deaf and dumb and oblivious of what was happening then, I am sure you are not blind. What does the below picture indicate. Buhari was asked to intervene and force emefiele to obey the court order. He did not, reason for article below. Even his own supporters and kinsmen called him out for not acting and calling the CBN gov to order.

So the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.

how does your screenshot answer my questions?

1. which court order did Emefiele ignore?

2. how was the issue finally resolved?

3. what happened to Emefiele and what did anybody ask Buhari to do to Emefiele?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: Tinubu Not Fit To Rule But Feels Entitled / Extremists Storm Governor Ganduje's Facebook Page, Vow To Kill Again / Picture Of President Jonathan In Aso Rock Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.