Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs (38682 Views)

Tinubu Suspends NSIPA, Coordinator Halima Shehu / Tinubu Suspends Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Boss / President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by dmbb: 2:31pm On Jan 08
The first good thing from the forger

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DaddyJapan(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
When you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.
Betta Edu only reported the illegal movement of N44B in her ministry.
That's her offence.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. cool
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by MissIndependent(f): 2:32pm On Jan 08
Long overdue. cool

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by FireUpNow(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08
Las las dem go meet for some coded things.

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Dapson73(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08
iokpebholo:
Wike please spend wisely oh cos u have more enemies than friends grin

You have a point there. Meanwhile, when its comes to digging down on someone secret, give it to Sahara Reporters.

Thanks to Mr President,
Dr Beta Edu, why not learn from our loving daddy, Prof Yemi Osibanjo, as much as enemies tried to rope him, they always come back to refute their cooked up stories against him.

Im so sad, that you didn't do well as a youth, which we expected you to be a youth ambassador in this administration .

Although, i will not blame you too much because i understand how you can be easily lured to corruption when you're holding such sensitive positions .

But I wish it never happened.

8 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Smartguyboy(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08
I can place a bet she will be replace by a south-west

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Khyrvxjzy: 2:35pm On Jan 08
Myhusband:
she goofed big time, money she suppose steal small small she won steal am once, if she had succeed, she would have end up in abroad

progress of this country is not praying solution, it's integrity driven Solution

criminal
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by OsunOriginal: 2:35pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
That's her offence.

Which corruption was she fighting? Is she the EFCC or ICPC chairperson?

She should be able to prove the illegal movement of 44B if truly it happened. And the question is, who did she report this movement to? To the president or EFCC?

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by loswhite(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08
Blaze14k:
Exactly this is what we expect to see. I swear if this man maintain this approach he will eventually earn my trust someday
Of what use is your trust to jagaban.....lol. He will win another election without u so your trust is not important to him.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DaddyJapan(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08
ZKOSOSO:
Victim of the situation

I am not happy about this news

Most beautiful minister in history who was about to hold a ladder 🪜 that would benefit muo.... am sad..

Nah beauty we wan chop?

Meanwhile...

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by JuanDeDios: 2:35pm On Jan 08
seunmsg:
The right decision considering the current circumstances. Like i have always said, the federal public service is not the private sector where the CEO can do as they like. The public service is governed by laws, rules, regulations and over one thousand extant circulars. People without public service knowledge who gets appointed as ministers and heads of agencies must be extremely careful and very cooperative with the civil servants they meet on ground or else, they will run into trouble quickly.

I like Betta Edu and really wished this did not happen to her but the serious violations observed from those approvals and the fraudulent intention behind the diversion of over N500m to a private account are too much to be ignored. I hope other newly appointed political office holders would learn from her mistake. Learn the rules before approving anything. When in doubt, seek and take the advice of the more experienced civil servants. If Betty had listened to the wise counsel of the Accountant General, she won't be in this mess.
But there are reports that she was trailed by credible allegations of financial impropriety (read stealing) as a commissioner in Cross River. So why do you like her and why did President Tinubu appoint her?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Sucolee(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08
Oyedepo will plead on her behalf.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by marsman: 2:38pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

simply because of public pressure. normally, Tinubu no send. he appointed as way to "settle" her because of the role she played in his election as APC women's leader
Lmao... same public pressure that could not make buhari do anything to emefiele. You guys should calm down now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by JuanDeDios: 2:39pm On Jan 08
s
Beremx:
Very good.

Let her remain suspended till investigation is completed. Tinubu must not tow the part of Buhari when dealing with corruption.
He has already. Remember there are NYSC members serving in his cabinet. Once you give the impression that "anything goes" in your government the Beta Edus will start showing their true colours.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by planetx: 2:40pm On Jan 08
She was too desperate, like she felt she might not be there for long so she decided to secure her future by stealing big.

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Mitsurugi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
That's her offence.

He that comes to equity must come with clean hands
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Ebeano49(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08
Very good! Let the search light be extended to all ministries. I'm told it's not limited to Betta Edu. These guys are just sharing money amongst their friends and cronies! Abuja is the place where people can become a billionaire overnight for doing nothing. Just cross paths with a politician, you are made!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by mercyland93(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08
Mr Tinubu is not that Buhari who doesn't know about anything going on in his government ( because he won't suspend or sack anyone despite people's call)
But Jagaban won't take that from you. As a minister get ready to be probe once you are corrupt.

9 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 2:43pm On Jan 08
marsman:

Lmao... same public pressure that could not make buhari do anything to emefiele. You guys should calm down now cheesy

what happened to Emefiele and what did anybody ask Buhari to do to Emefiele?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by GloriousGbola: 2:45pm On Jan 08
Ishilove:

He who comes with equity must come with clean hands. You can't fight corruption when you're corrupt. You will get dragged, chewed and spat out by the agents oiling the machine of corruption

It is just a silly narrative being bandied about. Betta Edu has been in govt since her university days as part of SUG. The brazen thievery is the action of a hardcore authority thief.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by gloryman91: 2:46pm On Jan 08
Not only right but the best thing to be done exposing the thieves despite her campaign sponsorship on social media especially Bro Rasheed.

Beta Halimah and Saidyah what comes to mind ?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by aguluobi: 2:46pm On Jan 08
Mechonu !

Beremx:
Very good.

Let her remain suspended till investigation is completed. Tinubu must not tow the part of Buhari when dealing with corruption.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by RayRay06677(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08
When the govt is trying so hard to show that it's not sleeping with corruption
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ejieddy: 2:47pm On Jan 08
Wike is next
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Fiscus105(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08
ddippset:
Lol

She only reported the illegal movement of 44 billion.
That's her only offence😪😪😪

So paying 500 million into a private account is not an offence?

Stop all these pls, it's normal for her to report such illegality , doing that shouldn't be yardstick for her to do illegality herself.

Govt business must be conducted strictly according to established code and conduct.

Nigeria has enough rule and laws to make things right, but bending the rules by individual is what turn Nigeria to jungle.

Go and update urself about misappropriation of govt fund.

Govt money that is meant for official car, you used it to build govt office. Hope u know it's an offence.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08
I never supported Tinubu. But he has earned my thumbs up to him. The lady was even arrogantly insisting she was right to have done what she did.

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by marsman: 2:48pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

No worry? You go soon understand. grin
After the supreme court ordered that the old naira should be accepted as a legal means of transaction and emefiele blatantly ignored. After the cries, tears and protests by the people what did buhari do about it?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by aguluobi: 2:48pm On Jan 08
You'd rather they love the Pandora Criminal Peter Obi who looted the destiny of your fathers n mothers into his daughter Gabrielle's Pandora account ?

The last time I check Tinubu as not stolen a dime from your father.

BossGerald:

You love a Chicago bound drug kingpin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08
RayRay06677:
When the govt is trying so hard to show that it's not sleeping with corruption
What point are you trying to prove. If she wasn't suspended you will complain waaaaaaaa. Now she has been suspended, you are still talking waaaaaaaaa

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by DMerciful(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08
Tinubu/Gbaja are the people driving the corruption. Betta Edu is just the fall woman.
Beremx:
Very good.

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by EmperorCaesar(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08
LesbianBoy:
Thief dey suspend thief grin grin grin grin

We joke alot in this country!

Ask yourself why she had the mind to steal in the first place? Simple because tinubu is an ole too

Will she have stolen if Peter obi was in charge? Never! tongue

Does this even make sense to u

So he shouldnt have suspended her, right?

U people are enemy of the state and u care less about the country

God pass u... I think i know the shape of your head cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 2:49pm On Jan 08
marsman:

No worry? You go soon understand. grin

marsman:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) / Godwin Maduka Rejects Anambra Election Results, Calls For Fresh Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.