Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs (38777 Views)

Tinubu Suspends NSIPA, Coordinator Halima Shehu / Tinubu Suspends Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Boss / President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Eriokanmi: 3:19pm On Jan 08
aylipple:

Okay.
Only Keyamo I can trust to some extent
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by gaskiyamagana: 3:19pm On Jan 08
slivertongue:

she is gone. The someone/ someone people want her position. All the person/people needs to do is compromise close aids to give wrong advice which will be implemented. once it is done, then the aids take it to the media as anonymous. it's an old game sadly she fell for it. The people who master minded it will soon take the ministry for their people
If you are right, other Ministers should have a confidant of his or her tribe among senior staff of his or her ministry. I suspect her aid who defended her that transfering of government money to private account is right.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ConfidentialDoc: 3:21pm On Jan 08
zed7:
Good one, it's good for the optics. Be seen to be 'fighting corruption'.

Exactly it's just optics.

The real looting is going on in the finance, power, maritime ,oil etc sectors.

Poor Betta is just a sacrificial scapegoat.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Ray369: 3:22pm On Jan 08
Sinners judging sinners for sinning differently
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by SmartPolician: 3:22pm On Jan 08
iokpebholo:
Wike please spend wisely oh cos u have more enemies than friends grin

Wike is a lion and a talkative; Tinubu will not do this to Wike grin
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by badoh(m): 3:23pm On Jan 08
seunmsg:
The right decision considering the current circumstances. Like i have always said, the federal public service is not the private sector where the CEO can do as they like. The public service is governed by laws, rules, regulations and over one thousand extant circulars. People without public service knowledge who gets appointed as ministers and heads of agencies must be extremely careful and very cooperative with the civil servants they meet on ground or else, they will run into trouble quickly.

I like Betta Edu and really wished this did not happen to her but the serious violations observed from those approvals and the fraudulent intention behind the diversion of over N500m to a private account are too much to be ignored. I hope other newly appointed political office holders would learn from her mistake. Learn the rules before approving anything. When in doubt, seek and take the advice of the more experienced civil servants. If Betty had listened to the wise counsel of the Accountant General, she won't be in this mess.
Which experienced civil servants? Don't be surprised the civil servants are the conduit pipe used in siphoning public funds. I'm sure they were the one that sold that idea to her. Infact, EFCC should probe that woman whose account was used to receive the find. There's every tendency that woman's account was receiving public funds during buhari's tenure. The permanent secretary of that ministry ought to have been suspended too. The Minister cannot do anything without the connivance of the Permanent Secretary.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by LordReed(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08
wowo2:
After the covid 19 palava she was involved in, she was still appointed as Minister!

Sack her now and let the other ministers know they can be easily disposed of if they are found wanting...something Buhari couldn't do!

Which covid 19 palava?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Paramount01(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

give him credit for what exactly?

For acting, listening to public cry and he listened. If he did not act, nothing will happen

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by adecz: 3:25pm On Jan 08
She should be handcuffed out
of the premisesโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ

Nonsense ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

This is why slay mamas shouldn't be
appointed to high office under any
circumstances..

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by ChristianMuslim: 3:26pm On Jan 08
Thumbs up.. Many like this are numerous all over Nigeria.. lets fish them out

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Tonytonex(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08
AbuAeesha:
those pple clamoring for youth to take over power should know that good leadership isn't about age.
it is the mindset!

You are not getting it.
There are things you need to know about politics. In this regard, you are off point.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Jan 08
Paramount01:

For acting, listening to public cry and he listened. If he did not act, nothing will happen

are you saying is that Tinubu would have condoned the corruption if the public didnt react?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Tonytonex(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08
Felix6:
Ok
Meanwhile confused peseiro is at it again?
Nigeria get match today?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Jan 08
Tonytonex:
You are not getting it.
There are things you need to know about politics. In this regard, you are off point.
what are the things he needs to know about politics and how do those things negate what he said about age and leadership?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by marsman: 3:29pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

how does your screenshot answer my questions?

1. which court order did Emefiele ignore?

2. how was the issue finally resolved?

3. what happened to Emefiele and what did anybody ask Buhari to do to Emefiele?
Let me be more specific. I think I am speaking to an imb.
People protested, there were pressure from APC Gov and Northern Elders Forum against emefieles policy. Despite all this nothing was done by the president to proffer a solution to this problem.

despite a court order for him to make the process easy and efficient by allowing the use of old note along with very scarce new notes, since February2023 when emefiele implemented the currency change policy till after the emergence of president Tinubu, he blatantly refused and went ahead with is life excruciating policy.

It was eventually after the emergence of the new president that Emefiele partially considered the court order .
Even if you are deaf and dumb and oblivious of what was happening then, I am sure you are not blind. What does the below picture indicate. Protest were help indicating the excruciating effects emefieles policy was having on people, despite all this buhari did not do any thing

So the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:31pm On Jan 08
marsman:

People protested, there were pressure from APC Gov and Northern Elders Forum against emefieles policy. Despite all this nothing was done by the president to proffer a solution to this problem.

despite a court order for him to make the process easy and efficient by allowing the use of old note along with very scarce new notes, since February2023 when emefiele implemented the currency change policy till after the emergence of president Tinubu, he blatantly refused and went ahead with is life excruciating policy.

It was eventually after the emergence of the new president that Emefiele partially considered the court order .
Even if you are deaf and dumb and oblivious of what was happening then, I am sure you are not blind. What does the below picture indicate. Protest were help indicating the excruciating effects emefieles policy was having on people, despite all this buhari did not do any thing

So the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.

you have not answered my questions

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Billmos: 3:31pm On Jan 08
Better way of fighting corruption not that buhari ways

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Godfather898989: 3:31pm On Jan 08
martin123:
Breaking: President Tinubu suspends the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, from office with immediate effect.

President directs the EFCC to conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of the financial transactions involving the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, as well as one or more agencies thereunder.

Full Statement:

PRESIDENT TINUBU SUSPENDS MINISTER OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION FROM OFFICE

if this woman have any iota of shame in her,she should've resigned first thing this morning......this is owing to the fact how this scandal play out over this weekend not to wait for suspension.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Yankee101: 3:32pm On Jan 08
Very very good
Arrogant people who quickly forget God favoured them

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:33pm On Jan 08
marsman:

was it the same way he did the right thing after the army dropped bombs on civilians in Kaduna?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Jan 08
Paramount01:

what did he do when the army dropped bombs on civilians in Kaduna?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by slivertongue: 3:38pm On Jan 08
gaskiyamagana:

If you are right, other Ministers should have a confidant of his or her tribe among senior staff of his or her ministry. I suspect her aid who defended her that transfering of government money to private account is right.

Public position in Nigeria is near war oo especially if one is appointed into an office with 'goodies'. Her replacement will somehow tell those behind such wrong steps. she shouldn't have taken that decision but am shocked that the accountant general okayed her request
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by marsman: 3:39pm On Jan 08
lexy2014:

you have not answered my questions

You can write so I am definitely sure, if it is at most a 4 word capacity range, you can also read. Read what I wrote again.

There you will find.
1. The court order emefiele Ignored.

2. How and when(bonus) the issue was resolved.

3. I am not obliged to answer what happened to emefiele( in what so ever context you mean it)

3ii) How the protests across the country was a demand for the President to stop the CBN governors policy of cash swap.

3iib)How the Nothern Elders Forum interview proved that indeed buhari was expected and demanded to stop emefiele but he simply refused and was.unwilling.

Again. the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Bizibi(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08
Is04970:
This is commendable. I hope she's found innocent and returned to her office soon.
When you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.
Betta Edu only reported the illegal movement of N44B in her ministry.
That's her offence.
stop giving excuses for wrong doers,stop it!!! Thank God tinubu didn't behave like his incompetent predecessor.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by OluwaJohn77: 3:42pm On Jan 08
Good for Her, She refuse to pay N POWER money
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by atiku4President(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08
aylipple:
That's the right thing to do. This should make the other Ministers sit up if they love their job.

...... if they love their jobs (not job).
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by aylipple: 3:47pm On Jan 08
atiku4President:

...... if they love their jobs (not job).

Correction much appreciated.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Jan 08
marsman:

You can write so I am definitely sure, if it is at most a 4 word capacity range, you can also read. Read what I wrote again.

There you will find.
1. The court order emefiele Ignored.

2. How and when(bonus) the issue was resolved.

3. I am not obliged to answer what happened to emefiele( in what so ever context you mean it)

3ii) How the protests across the country was a demand for the President to stop the CBN governors policy of cash swap.

3iib)How the Nothern Elders Forum interview proved that indeed buhari was expected and demanded to stop emefiele but he simply refused and was.unwilling.

Again. the same pressure that did not help you with buhari cannot help you with Tinubu. He is simply doing it because it is the right thing to do.

1. which court did Emefiele ignore?

3. who asked Emefiele to start the cash swap policy which you say buhari did not ask him to stop?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Indispensable85(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08
She won't return. Otilo ๐Ÿคฃ

It's a warning to others. Buhari never did a thing about his ministers with all the stealings. SMH
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by Feldie: 3:48pm On Jan 08
oyeb15:
It's a gang work against d minister.Some people are sponsoring d news every hour to get desired attention.

They want her out. Who is a saint in Nigeria?
they should all expose themselves. It's a big shame sha, losing a whole ministerial seat because of ordinary 500m that's not even up to $500k. E go pain am
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Betta Edu, Minister Of Humanitarian Affairs by damkin24(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08
seborrhic:
As expected.
The challenge for Tinubu now is keeping to this template because I am pretty sure he's going to be busy with scandals and corrupt deeds of his appointees as the weeks,months and years go by.
The question is:when the corrupt deed comes nearer home or cronies,will the same sledge hammer be used or he would formulate a new standard where just the broom will be used?
Na wa for you people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Extremists Storm Governor Ganduje's Facebook Page, Vow To Kill Again / Picture Of President Jonathan In Aso Rock Villa / Marilyn Okowa Set To Wed - Bridal Shower Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.