Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony (63565 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba / UNBEATABLE: Abia State Has Over 1000 Traditional Rulers, Claims Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by nduchucks: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2011
biko, who financed this ceremony? lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
ndu_chucks:

biko, who financed this ceremony? lipsrsealed
The Ofala Festival is an annual celebration of the cultural values and heritage of the Onitsha people, which reflects the bond between them and the celebration of a renewed hope for peace and prosperity in Onitsha Kingdom. The Ofala Festival is a unique, colourful tradition that celebrates coronation anniversaries of the kings and commemorates important events in order to create life-giving stories, hope, and a sense of purpose. It is the biggest traditional festival in the south east. It marks the climax of new yam celebrations in Igbo land. The event is usually celebrated in the second week of October. It is also an event that offers the poor, in some parts of Igbo land, the opportunity of making the highest money in the year.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
ihe ejiri buru onicha

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
chief nwa ude aja.

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
About two years ago one of Jackson brothers visited obi of onicha during his ofala

you can goggle it cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
These pictures also shows how really selective some ppl are when they post pics of their town and compare it to Ibadan. One would think this took place in Ibadan, see the rooftops and surroundings undecided
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

These pictures also shows how really selective some ppl are when they post pics of their town and compare it to Ibadan. One would think this took place in Ibadan, see the rooftops and surroundings undecided

Majority of people in Onitsha don't live in those building with rusty roofs. I think that's like the cultural part of the city. Onitsha is as modern as they come. Though with dirt all over.

@POST
I love the offala festival. It has recieved international popularity that the Jackson brother attended the even last year or last two years. can't remember now.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Majority of people in Onitsha don't live in those building with rusty roofs. I think that's like the cultural part of the city. Onitsha is as modern as they come. Though with dirt all over.

@POST
I love the offala festival. It has recieved international popularity that the Jackson brother attended the even last year or last two years. can't remember now.

With dirt all over huh?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

With dirt all over huh?

Yeah, Onitsha is a dirty city. Anyone who has been there knows that. Although it's relatively excusable since the city has the largest market in Africa. Most commercial or market towns in Nigeria are dirt eg Aba, lagos, Onitsha etc.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
lleke idi those place is not onicha town center those places you see rusty roofs are ime ogbe meaning inside onicha village  cool cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
afam4eva:

@POST
you are right one of the Jackson brothers came i think about two years ago

i have witnessed obi ofala so many times even when i was small cheesy
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Chyz2: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Very Beautiful. . .When is the festival held?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Very Beautiful. . .When is the festival held?
B/W first to second week of October cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2011
NDI OGENE

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Though much urbanisation work is required in the East particularly cities like Onitsha, the houses in the pic look standard, for habitation.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
chief osita duru

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
onicha ado

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Chyz2: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
ak47mann:

B/W first to second week of October cool

I must attend. cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
chief
Chyz*:

I must attend. cool
NO PROBLEM, I THINK THEIR ARE CULTURAL   SIMILARITIES WITH ONICHA PEOPLE AND ANIOMA PEOPLE
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
chief emeka maofuna-anya

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by andresia(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
biko, who financed this ceremony?

Telecom giant, Glo, helped in sponsoring it as part of its corporate social responsibility.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
wonder why moderator don't put things like this on front page cool cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by chy101: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
My brother kedu ije? Anambrans will continue to maintain the lead.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
chy101:

My brother kedu ije? Anambrans will continue to maintain the lead.
UDO DI NWANNE cool well anambra state is blessed both human and natural resources cool
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by chy101: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
I will be waiting for you this xams in Awka when you will land in Onitsha.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
chy101:

I will be waiting for you this xams in Awka when you will land in Onitsha.
i will definitely hook up with you, am coming to akwa capital just that my girl friend always following me any were i go, she cant let me be, cheesy she taking me to owerri to see her dad cheesy cheesy don't worry i dey GRA onicha, when i come back from owerri i will be free,she will let me enjoy a bit before she grab me again grin grin

i was around doing OFALA this year, but i came for business it was quick visit thou.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by meonbooty: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
See as dem ugly, with ugly looking unshaved hair coming out of every orifice.

God I thank you for not punishing me with Ibo ancestry. I will forever praise your name.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
meonbooty:

God I thank you for not punishing me with Ibo ancestry. I will forever praise your name.
blazay mind urself cool cool cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by chino11(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2011
ak47mann:

i will definitely hook up with you, am coming to akwa capital just that my girl friend always following me any were i go, she cant let me be, cheesy she taking me to owerri to see her dad cheesy cheesy don't worry i dey GRA onicha, when i come back from owerri i will be free,she will let me enjoy a bit before she grab me again grin grin

i was around doing OFALA this year, but i came for business it was quick visit thou.

Owerri/Imo girl ? : My hand no dey oo  grin grin. Tread carefully, though we will be praying for you.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Torch1(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2011
meonbooty:

Otule, Ikebe, Anu mpama, Anu ohia, Amadioha gbapiakwa gi isi ebe ahu.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by totorimi: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2011
Onitsha a city full of themost deadliest criminals, bad roads and dirty surrounding how can they still be having Ofala festivals how will visitors coming for the ceremony get there. What about their safety. It is a shame how we abandon the main issues and pretend that all is well. What is Ofala with out a good ambience and security of lives and property. I think the peopl of Onitsha, their Obi, their governor and their president should all their people should go an bury their faces in shame for inviting the whole would to go through the horror called Onitsha to come and watch Ofala. Is it the deadly potholes we are going to see or is it the madness at upper Iweka a major gateway to the eastern states. Nigerians stand up and demand for your right. Yes it is your sweat, your taxes, send away all mediocres in leadership position. Enough of useless exultation of mediocrity. What is Ofala without a good ambience. Or is it that after the Ofala inside Obis palace, visitors will go back and wade through gullies and potholes. Enough of the insult to the Nigerian psychy and the embarrassment to the whole world.
Given this ceremony would have beena great tourist attraction but the inability of the rulers to make Onitsha a place of attraction has made it a disaster. Please show me something else.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by redsquare(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2011
Ife eji abu Onitsha erika! Colorful pictures. How i miss the Ofala festival. Heading back to Naija next october for the Ofala. Igwe Agbogidi, ana m ekene.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) / Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.