Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony (63591 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba / UNBEATABLE: Abia State Has Over 1000 Traditional Rulers, Claims Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

EZEAGU, trully, I havent  been to other part of Igbo land but I know for sure that most of the Igbo cultures and traditions originated from NRI and we still practice it with dignity and pride. However, I will like to know which other part of Igbo land that have a culture that you may think outshines that of Anambra peoples own??

There's no such Igbo group as Anambra, and cultures aren't to be compared and graded.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2011
Chinenyen, if you have anything to say, say it dont start ur bull.shit here!!
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by odumchi: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2011
Igbo ga egbu onweha. undecided
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
braking  cola nuts

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

castrated NGWA culture

How does this help anyone?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
ihe ejiri buru onicha

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2011
NDI NZE

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
IHE EJIRI BURU ONICHA

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
ASIKAS

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
NDI OZO

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
OZO
that little boy is so cute cheesy cheesy

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2011
EZEAGU,i do understand what you mean. . .no Igbo culture is greater than the other. . . The most recognized and glamourous Igbo cultures and traditions like ICHI OZO,ICHI IYOM(the women aspect of the ozo),IKPU ALU,IGU ARO,IGBA AFA,IGO OJI,OZO AGBALA-NZE(which is indigenious to the idemmilis),ICHI OZO NDI ICHIE,EkE,OYE,AFOR NA NKWOR,IME EGO NA IGBA NKWU NWANYI among others originated from NRI and its DECENDANTS!!
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
As for that deluded NGWA fool, I will haunt him until he denounces his IGBONESS like his IKWERRE gullible neighbors!!! We dont need anybody you have to cajole to agree he is actually IGBO!!! I trully believe NGWAS arent Igbos and so will I regard any group that so much as ask a little question about their Igboness!!! Am very sick of all these savages bringing stain to the great NRI KINGDOM that is the custodian of Igbo culture and tradition.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
achra ugo nwanyi

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by FACE(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2011
Kedu ihe kpatara na ufodu agaghi a hapu ikwutosi ndi ozo , ebe ha na ama aka mgbe obula ? Kedu ihe unu n'azo mgbe nile ? Omenala di iche iche, n'ese kwa okwu. O ya mere omenala ndi nile jiri diri be ha. Onye obula kwado omenala ha , ma kwanyekwara omenala ndi ozo ugwu. Gee egwu Pericoma gbasara omenala:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJPTBcJneMY

Nde ofe anyi na ashi na ugwu bu nkwayi nkwayi. Onye shi na nke we ka mma, o gaghariala ofe obula ga hu ife nde odo na eme na nga we ? I gaghi ino na uhu mata ife n'eme na ama. Ndughu oke nde okeyi shi na akpa agwa mana umirima ?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by AndreUweh(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2011
The current Obi of Onitsha-Obi Achebe boldly told the world in 2009 during Igbo day celebration in Enugu that Onicha people are Igbo and has no Bini blood. Since in power, he has been very supportive to Ohanaeze and other Igbo cultural associations. He has also ignored invitations from Oba of Benin for Igue celebration and Oba's 30th coronation anniversary. Long live Obi of Onitsha, Long live Onicha people, Long live Anambara people and long live Ndigbo worldwide.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by igboboy1(m): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Even the Igbo spoken in the ONITSHA,ANAMBRA axis is IDEMMILI IGBO tongue. . .ONITSHA PEOPLE need to stop feeling ashamed of who they are and embrace their lineage. . .its funny when somebody who has taken the OZO title, ODU title,AGBALANZE title and still says they are from BENIN!!! Its so sad and shameful !!!!! I wish they never spoke Igbo like the Igala people of northern Anambra,never have the rich and glamorous OZO title,never had the OTU ODU female chieftaincy tittle,never had the AGBALANZE OZO wealthy title,never had the NDI ICHIES. . . I regret that the ingrates borrowed our IDEMMILI traditions and still deny being IGbos. . .!!

Chillax, I understand what you are saying but i think igbos in the SE need to understand also that the Benin Empire had wide influence on most of us in Delta State and even up to Onitsha.

It is not out of point to for Igbos in delta state to refer to their culture that has Bini written over it. I think it would be wrong to make them deny that aspect of their history just as it is wrong for an igbo man in Delta state to say he is not igbo because at one point in history his village was paying tribute to the Oba of benin,

We have to accept that all of ALA igbo na NDI'Igbo dont have one history, ngwa people have their own, onitsha their own, ikwerre their own etc
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 06, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/565720_ADA_jpgfe364ac7bbcdad02e67ca0526d0e0215

Why is this man dressed in a woman's attire? Is that part of the ceremony, coming in tune with nature's feminine side?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by odumchi: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^

Gini mere iji ako nmadi onu?
Why do you cut on people? As if you're prettier.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 12:45am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^
u just want cs wahala abi  cheesy cheesy cheesy
so na so man dey look 4 ur eye?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 12:54am On Nov 06, 2011
chief justice[b] ekwere ekwu [/b]

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 12:55am On Nov 06, 2011
braking cola nut 2

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:30am On Nov 06, 2011
IGBO BOY, I get what you are saying. . . I am aware that Onitsha people and lots of ANIOMA groups were once part part of BENIN KINGDOM and they had some influence on the ANIOMA Igbos but I am yet to see what part of ONITSHA cultures nor traditions were actually BENIN's own. . . 80% of ANIOMA IGBOs do not have blood relation with the BENINS, contrary to what a lot INSECURE fool from there think!!
Tell me what is so BENIN about the gorgeous culture of NRI IGBO above that depicts BENIN influence ? Do you know that Onitsha and Benin has a title calls IYASERE(benin),IYASELLE(onitsha) and somebody said that it is because they are BENINS thats why they bear such name!!!!
But do you also know that the same IYASELLE was also a title name in UMUOJI(idemmili) where I came from. . . I guess we stole the BENIN TITLE FROM ONITSHA AND THEIR BENIN FATHERS!!!! Wonders shall never end!!! This people make me SICK!!!
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 06, 2011
Why is iit that we cannot really have a rational discussion about the differences amongst the Igbo clans without some people losing their minds? These pictures are worth celebrating and not to be denigrated. That Onitsha people and Anioma people have cultural affinities with the Bini is nothing but a truism. Being culturally pro Bini should not be misconstrued to be anti Igbo.

Usually during any cultural event Anioma people like to reminisce about the inherited Bini culture. It is their heritage whether some people like it or not. You may dispute how the heritage was acquired but not whether the heritage is there.

We must not forget that the foremost Igbo leader of recent time was Nnamdi Azikiwe a pan Igboist  in tune with his Bini affinity through Onitsha. So my Igbo brethren, take a chill pill and let us enjoy this thread. I am Anioma and also proud of my Igbo heritage but I am cognizant of my Bini heritage too.

These pictures are regal and reminds me of the ogbanigbe and Ine festival of Anioma mostly Ezechima clan  of Isseles, Obior, Onitsha Ugbo etc.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 2:06am On Nov 06, 2011
NRI PRIEST:
I trully believe NGWAS  arent Igbos and  so will I regard any group that so much as ask a little question about their Igboness!!!

So Onicha people aren't Igbo in your eyes then? In fact Anambra people aren't Igbo going by the way a certain Oka native insults other Igbo states.

NRI PRIEST:

IGBO BOY, I get what you are saying. . . I am aware that Onitsha people and lots of ANIOMA groups were once part part of BENIN KINGDOM and they had some influence on the ANIOMA Igbos but I am yet to see what part of ONITSHA cultures nor traditions were actually BENIN's own. . . 80% of ANIOMA IGBOs do not have blood relation with the BENINS, contrary to what a lot INSECURE fool from there think!!
Tell me what is so BENIN about the gorgeous culture of NRI IGBO above that depicts BENIN influence ? Do you know that Onitsha and Benin has a title calls IYASERE(benin),IYASELLE(onitsha) and somebody said that it is because they are BENINS thats why they bear such name!!!!
But do you also know that the same IYASELLE was also a title name in UMUOJI(idemmili) where I came from. . . I guess we stole the BENIN TITLE FROM ONITSHA AND THEIR BENIN FATHERS!!!! Wonders shall never end!!! This people make me SICK!!!

The Onicha clan is part of 'Anioma', the towns with Onicha in their name on the West bank of the river Niger are kin with the Onicha in Anambra, that's the problem with seeing traditional lands through the eyes of 20 year old states. The Benin Empire had citizens who weren't necessarily Bini, but were from Benin. The Onicha people told the Europeans that they are of Bini stock because they migrated from there.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 2:12am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Why is this man dressed in a woman's attire? Is that part of the ceremony, coming in tune with nature's feminine side?

Well, at least she isn't flaunting any droooopy titties, right?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 06, 2011
ezeagu:

Well, at least she isn't flaunting any droooopy titties, right?

LMAO cheesy God help us if she (?) did!

ak47mann:

^^^
u just want cs wahala abi  cheesy cheesy cheesy
so na so man dey look 4 your eye?

Na simple question o. So that one na female? Iyabo looks more female than her sha.

odumchi:

^^^

Gini mere iji ako nmadi onu?
Why do you cut on people? As if you're prettier.

LMAO!! grin
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 06, 2011
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 06, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/565694_ASIKAS_2_jpga538b13b379b85a040d20dcf0e814005

Orobokibo. Very robust.

She looks like a very important woman in her village's ofala ceremony. I'm guessing she's obi's first wife?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 2:34am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Na simple question o. So that one na female? Iyabo looks more female than her sha.

Iyabo looks more female, but in what specie?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 06, 2011
ezeagu:

Iyabo looks more female, but in what specie?

Ask Google grin
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by manny4life(m): 2:38am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke, Ileke, Ileke, how many times did I call you? angry angry angry

Cease and Desist from this behavior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.