Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony (63493 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba / UNBEATABLE: Abia State Has Over 1000 Traditional Rulers, Claims Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 06, 2011
manny4life:

Ileke, Ileke, Ileke, how many times did I call you? angry angry angry

Cease and Desist from this behavior

Sigh. . . .Okay.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by manny4life(m): 2:44am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Sigh. . . .Okay.

I don't see anything to sigh about, I'm just telling you the honest truth.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 06, 2011
manny4life:

I don't see anything to sigh about, I'm just telling you the honest truth.
Do you see me arguining with you? I knew you were looking for an argument  undecided

I was just kidding sha. she's the most beautiful one on this thread grin wink
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by manny4life(m): 2:49am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Do you see me arguining with you? I knew you were looking for an argument  undecided

I was just kidding sha. she's the most beautiful one on this thread grin wink

You see yourself, I wasn't looking for an argument o, don't get my stance wrong. Remember what I've told you on previous threads, as you can see YOU KNOW THE SIN THAT YOU COMMITTED. Anyway,
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by manny4life(m): 2:52am On Nov 06, 2011
My advice for you is "try and leave tribal issue alone"; it's NOT healthy for anyone let alone YOU.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 06, 2011
manny4life:

You see yourself, I wasn't looking for an argument o, don't get my stance wrong. Remember what I've told you on previous threads, as you can see YOU KNOW THE SIN THAT YOU COMMITTED. Anyway,
manny4life:

My advice for you is "try and leave tribal issue alone"; it's NOT healthy for anyone let alone YOU.

List my sins and we shall start from there. Let He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at me.

*manny4life, sit down please*
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 06, 2011
manny4life:

What is tribal about questioning someone's se x? Oh dear, you're not that sensitive are you? awwww, that is really cute.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by manny4life(m): 3:00am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke,

remember I said, I won't argue but if u say you ain't arguing, let it be.

You come on an Igbo thread that celebrate an important festival to poke fun, that ain't cool, but anyway how, that's Nairaland.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 06, 2011
Poke fun? No, never me.

Will modify if that touched you that bad undecided
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 3:02am On Nov 06, 2011
ofala
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 3:03am On Nov 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What is tribal about questioning someone's se x? Oh dear, you're not that sensitive are you? awwww, that is really cute.

And from the culture that's supposed to have the most respect for elders. shocked Bullshit! cheesy
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 06, 2011
ezeagu:

And from the culture that's supposed to have the most respect for elders. shocked Bullshit! cheesy

Sh it will be bulling cheesy
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ezeagu(m): 3:07am On Nov 06, 2011
Biko, ak47mann, where's the rest of the pictures. Bring more.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 06, 2011
Plz do grin
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 3:45am On Nov 06, 2011
more

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ifyalways(f): 3:48am On Nov 06, 2011
@Ak47man,lovely pictures.Please post more.

@Nri priest,are you sure about "agbalanze" originating from Idemili?The Onicha's don't have/do Nze stuff,just Ozo and agbalanze.
So Iyom(for females) is eqivalent to "Igbu Odu" in Idemili parts?awesome!

Nri priest,Nna e nwelu ike ichi obere nwa ya ozo n'nwata na Idemili?It's done in Onicha and you have such little men bear titles like "Ozo nna ya" .It has limitations though,the little man can break kola in a gathering of untitled older men but he does not enjoy some of the ozo benefits till he becomes a full fledged man and then performs the "Imacha and egwu ozo" rites.

That lil'boy is cute.A gbulu m odu aka n'ukwu na nwata,Ify Igwe nwanyi,lolz.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:00am On Nov 06, 2011
ADA UGO

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:02am On Nov 06, 2011
IHE EJIRI BURU ONICHA ADO

Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ifyalways(f): 4:07am On Nov 06, 2011
cool

Nna gi mulu gi.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ak47mann(m): 4:27am On Nov 06, 2011
ifyalways:

cool

Nna gi mulu gi.
dalu nne thanks cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:33am On Nov 06, 2011
Ifyalways, nwannen OZO AGBALANZE originated from IDEMMILI and yes you can give your children OZO TITLE when they are still young. . . My grand father chibee mu na nwannem nke obele OZO mgbe anyi di na umuaka. . . My OZO title name was "NWADIALOR" and my younger brother "NWANO NA UKPO". . . My grand mother was a"NWANYI ODU" and numerious of my family women. . . My uncle was an "AGBALA NZE". . . I came from an -"ECHICHI" lineage. Ify, NZE is for people who havent concluded their OZO rituals. . .
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2011
Ifyalways, this is why I said the whole OZO title including AGBALANZE tiltle originated from NRI and its offspring. . . Onitsha people claims they came from the BENIN KINGDOM. . .and from what I know about the BENIN cultures and traditions because I briefly went to high school there. . . The BENIN dont have OZO title taking,AGBALANZE title,IGBA ODU,OFALA FESTIVAL nor IGO OJI. . . So, how ca ONITSHA people who supposedly settled in idemmili land in the 18th century could have gotten the culture that that wasnt theirs but exited almost a thousand years before their arrival Why didnt ONITSHA people kept their great BENIN culture ?? You like to milk a cow but u dont wanna feed it!!! Like I said earlier, ONITSHA people were never BENIN people but they CLAIM it because of their INSECURITIES!! Yet, when I look at them in this pictures and see how they are brandishing the cultures of the people they refer to as "nwa onye Igbo",without FEAR I look at them and smile MAJESTICALLY!!!Now who is your daddy Where the phuck is your BENIN culture ? Shameless goats denounce ur Igboness and go pay homage to EREDIUWA and learn their language and you should also stop ur OZO B.U.L.L.Poo!!
No offence to those ONITSHA people who know who they are like AGBOGIDI himself !!
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by otiigba1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
grin grin grin OMENA ANI IGBO AMAKA grin grin IGBO KWE ZUE NU!! IYA!!
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by otiigba1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
ifyalways:

cool

Nna gi mulu gi.
ify! kedu nke neme? grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by ifyalways(f): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2011
Haha,Iwe na ewekwa nwoke Nri a.

Nwanna welu nwanyo,Iwe nwanne anaghi eru okpukpu.Ife jikolu anyi ka nke nwelu ike itisa(ikewa) anyi.Current Obi of Onicha sometime ago boldly disassociated himself(and Onicha) from the age long Benin Myth.

Nwadialor,wetuo obi!

@Oti Igba,afa gi a na-ato m amu.A din nma,kedu maka gi?Onye ife i cholu i nyem?lolz
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
Mr. NRI please take a chill pill that I previously prescribed. This thread is not about whether Onitsha people are Igbo or not. It is about their culture. You seem very upset as indicated by Ifyalways.

Cool it now-I have not seen any person here that says Onitsha is not Igbo. Nevertheless,  you have no basis to dispute the fact that Onitsha and other Anioma people have hybrid Igbo and Bini Cultures. Trust me I know this for a fact. I have a hybrid fiirst name that reflects these two cultures.

Enjoy this thread or proceed to create another thread where you can spew your venom about how  Onitsha has occupied idemili land and borrowed Nri/Ndemili culture. You may also create a thread to discuss why Onitsha people called you "Nwa onye Igbo" because this seems to have riled you and made you very angry.  However, this thread is not about you or your beloved Ndemili/Nri. It is about the colorful Ofala festival in Onitsha.

Mind you the Nri monarch may be held in high esteem but the most recognized Igbo monarch by people all over Nigeria is the Obi of Onitsha. He is the número uno by far. And the current Obi is very accomplished.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by otiigba1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
ifyalways:

Haha,Iwe na ewekwa nwoke Nri a.

Nwanna welu nwanyo,Iwe nwanne anaghi eru okpukpu.Ife jikolu anyi ka nke nwelu ike itisa(ikewa) anyi.Current Obi of Onicha sometime ago boldly disassociated himself(and Onicha) from the age long Benin Myth.

Nwadialor,wetuo obi!

@Oti Igba,afa gi a na-ato m amu.A din nma,kedu maka gi?Onye ife i cholu i nyem?lolz
nsogbu adilor, ife obuna icholu, kpor ya afa mge nye gi ya lol,  wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by AndreUweh(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
omonuan:

Mr. NRI please take a chill pill that I previously prescribed. This thread is not about whether Onitsha people are Igbo or not. It is about their culture. You seem very upset as indicated by Ifyalways.

Cool it now-I have not seen any person here that says Onitsha is not Igbo. Nevertheless, you have no basis to dispute the fact that Onitsha and other Anioma people have hybrid Igbo and Bini Cultures. Trust me I know this for a fact. I have a hybrid fiirst name that reflects these two cultures.

Enjoy this thread or proceed to create another thread where you can spew your venom about how Onitsha has occupied idemili land and borrowed Nri/Ndemili culture. You may also create a thread to discuss why Onitsha people called you "Nwa onye Igbo" because this seems to have riled you and made you very angry. However, this thread is not about you or your beloved Ndemili/Nri. It is about the colorful Ofala festival in Onitsha.

Mind you the Nri monarch may be held in high esteem but the most recognized Igbo monarch by people all over Nigeria is the Obi of Onitsha. He is the número uno by far. And the current Obi is very accomplished.

The bolded part is very debatable. The Asagba of Asaba seems to be edging it over Obi of Onitsha recently. May be you can start a thread with a pool in relation to the bolded.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by meonbooty: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
Are Ibos this ugly in real life?
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by AndreUweh(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
meonbooty:

Are Igbos this ugly in real life?
Get out of this thread stinking pig.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by aljharem3: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
daalu ak47mann. Nice pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/565828_ADA_UGO_jpg9b6a413cd2775d2124f4b71a0568c25a

What I find intriguing is the similarity in the way the woman dress.

people of yoruba, Igala, edo and Igbo dress similarly.
Re: Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
alj_harem:

daalu ak47mann. Nice pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/565828_ADA_UGO_jpg9b6a413cd2775d2124f4b71a0568c25a

What I find intriguing is the similarity in the way the woman dress.

people of yoruba, Igala, edo and Igbo dress similarly. 

I always prefer 'standing aloof' to watch/read most  comments to threads here on N/L but you are always a profound responder even when you joke. Yes, these people celebrating are actually descendants of Oduduwa, look at the names of the chieftain titles , they are all of Yoruba origins.

I know they would disagree but the truth will not be deterred. call a rose by a thousand names, it would still smell like a rose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aramide Shekinat Celebrates Her 40th Birthday / Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) / African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.