Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan (4955 Views)

Northumbria University Deposit / Who Knows Northumbria Jobs Solution? / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Welcomme: 9:04pm On Jan 17
004gist:

See flexible payment plan.. My God. embarassed
How much is the total fee?
Same with hull. Someone I know hasn't paid anything since they arrived from Nigeria and they are still breathing fresh air.

University of Edinburgh same thing.

Each night I cry my eyes out. Why did I chose this school for God's sake
I actually paid 4500 from naira with black market then another 4000 here with black market.
Chai which amounts to over 13 million naira
Bro, you have tried. Ignore all those guys yarning dust up there. If you were in my school, you would have finished paying your tuition fee. It's insensitive of them to change the agreed payment
plan. I saw a guy from your school on twitter lamenting too.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fastseo: 9:32pm On Jan 17
justwise:

20m is about £15K which is far less than what you need to study in the UK. Where is that money you presented to the embassy during the visa application? That is the point, you played yourself and now paying the price.

15000 dollars is about 24 million.

It's not easy to get that in Nigerian economy let's be frank.

Even me also in UK, I came with less than that but with flexibility in payment plan I de alright.

That UK thread you saw there booming do u think they have complete funds?
Ghanaian, Nigerians etc even Indians don't always come with complete fund. Since dependant was banned how far with the thread?
Like someone said.. Let them do block account if they are serious.

Finally it seems you have lost touch with reality Nigerian forgetting that over 90% now stay below poverty line.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fastseo: 3:59am On Jan 18
justwise:

So if 90% of Nigerians commit the same crime what do you do? Encourage and feel sorry for them when reality catch up with them? Organise pity party for them because they are victim of their own fraud?
. Stop playing...
Many schools here we even hold ur certificate and allow u to finish then only get certificate once you clear your fees.

Life no too hard but the weh u carry am for head.
Last last one naira no fit fall from your hand to take help anyone in need in that UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by TWoods(m): 4:35am On Jan 18
004gist:

I did research and asked people going or scholing there. They confirmed they spread payment based on negotiations.
But the school said they stop that this year.
It seems their projected revenue fell due to ban on those bringing their spouse so they turn aggression on we.

You did "research", not by speaking with the school directly to fully understand their payment plan, but other students who have no power to change the school's payment plan?

This is like telling your professor I did my research by reading Wikipedia.

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by TWoods(m): 4:48am On Jan 18
fastseo:

How many UK citizens de go school up to MSc grin
Enter their university you will understand that without Indians, Nigerians, Ghanaians, few Chinese are holding their university.

In my class no one British all are Nigerians except few Indians... No pure white wink

I would hazard a guess and say you probably don't see them because you are attending a poorly ranked school that none of them would waste their money on. Somehow the UK has trained lawyers, engineers, doctors, and scientists... where do you think they are attending school? Oxford perhaps... which I doubt has a payment plan you can afford.
Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by TWoods(m): 4:52am On Jan 18
fastseo:

15000 dollars is about 24 million.

It's not easy to get that in Nigerian economy let's be frank.

Even me also in UK, I came with less than that but with flexibility in payment plan I de alright.

That UK thread you saw there booming do u think they have complete funds?
Ghanaian, Nigerians etc even Indians don't always come with complete fund. Since dependant was banned how far with the thread?
Like someone said.. Let them do block account if they are serious.

Finally it seems you have lost touch with reality Nigerian forgetting that over 90% now stay below poverty line.

The laissez-faire attitudes of you and the OP are why more than 90% of Nigerians will remain below the poverty line for decades to come. Those Brits didn't build their country by lying on immigration forms and justifying it by saying everyone does it.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fastseo: 5:05am On Jan 18
TWoods:

I would hazard a guess and say you probably don't see them because you are attending a poorly ranked school that none of them would waste their money on. Somehow the UK has trained lawyers, engineers, doctors, and scientists... where do you think they are attending school? Oxford perhaps... which I doubt has a payment plan you can afford.

grin
Big man piking don come.
Can I drop my aza
We rise by lifting others up
Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Kennyliga112: 8:46am On Jan 18
004gist:

Those that graduated from there last year they gave them over 9 installment.
Payment was soft
yes I know , Takking about the new payment plan now.
Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Jorussia(m): 9:42am On Jan 18
TWoods:

The laissez-faire attitudes of you and the OP are why more than 90% of Nigerians will remain below the poverty line for decades to come. Those Brits didn't build their country by lying on immigration forms and justifying it by saying everyone does it.
I think this is
unnecessary, the guy only made a benign post
to warn intending applicants from Nigeria. Its
even possible some of u castigating him have
done worse immigration infractions.He neither killed nor rob anybody.

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 10:48am On Jan 18
Kennyliga112:
yes I know , Takking about the new payment plan now.
The new payment plan now na die
Nigerians from humble background who wish to work n pay should please avoid

Even though you have a dependant who works full time it's hard to meet this payment plan

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 10:50am On Jan 18
TWoods:

Go back and read the post again..
I was referring to Nigerians who don't have the full fees but will work n pay their fees.

I know you are from a super high rich home so just read and pass. u must not comment on all threads just read n pass

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by TWoods(m): 7:01pm On Jan 18
004gist:

Go back and read the post again..
I was referring to Nigerians who don't have the full fees but will work n pay their fees.

I know you are from a super high rich home so just read and pass. u must not comment on all threads just read n pass

The point you are assiduously refusing to admit - your indication that you have full fees and did not need to resort to work and pay your fees was the very basis for your visa being approved. How then do you blame the school for a bait and switch?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 7:11pm On Jan 18
TWoods:

The point you are assiduously refusing to admit - your indication that you have full fees and did not need to resort to work and pay your fees was the very basis for your visa being approved. How then do you blame the school for a bait and switch?

I said pass me man. Stop quoting me.

We aren't in the same class or level.
See your mouth like full fees... Where can you work to raise 40 million plus in Nigeria.

Do you understand what you are saying? Full fees+ living expenses plus others fees is above 40 million.

It's like you are from a wealthy family... Can I send my account so you lend me money... Yeye de smell

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by TWoods(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18
004gist:

I said pass me man. Stop quoting me.

We aren't in the same class or level.
See your mouth like full fees... Where can you work to raise 40 million plus in Nigeria.

Do you understand what you are saying? Full fees+ living expenses plus others fees is above 40 million.

It's like you are from a wealthy family... Can I send my account so you lend me money... Yeye de smell

When you applied for your visa, you indicated you had sufficient funds to cover full fees + living expenses. You complaining now is a waste of your time. You should have done what others did - find schools that provide scholarships or fellowships to cover your bills or find cheaper schools. Also make sure you extend your "research" to calling your school directly rather than relying on anecdotal experiences.
Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Zahra29: 9:00pm On Jan 18
fastseo:

How many UK citizens de go school up to MSc grin
Enter their university you will understand that without Indians, Nigerians, Ghanaians, few Chinese are holding their university.

In my class no one British all are Nigerians except few Indians... No pure white wink

That's because the citizens target top rated universities, Russell group and the like, while most Nigerian and Indian immigrants typically look for the cheapest schools. Cheap and highly ranked are mutually exclusive when it comes to university education.

The UK is a classist system in many ways and the name and reputation of your university matters to most Brits and top employers. Go to LSE, Imperial College, Kings College, University of Birmingham, Warwick university ,etc etc and you will find many many "pure whites"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fastseo: 6:12am On Jan 19
Zahra29:

That's because the citizens target top rated universities, Russell group and the like, while most Nigerian and Indian immigrants typically look for the cheapest schools. Cheap and highly ranked are mutually exclusive when it comes to university education.

The UK is a classist system in many ways and the name and reputation of your university matters to most Brits and top employers. Go to LSE, Imperial College, Kings College, University of Birmingham, Warwick university ,etc etc and you will find many many "pure whites"

grin pure white abi... Whites from US, other European countries.
I know what I am saying. I am in the UK.
Most stops at BSC and their likes.
Remove all those international students and see those big names crying for funds

Stop degrading Nigerians..
The average UK can't bring huge chunk of money for a project.
Like in Nigeria. You see someone wakes up. Take 60 million to be building houses. Here what they do is to keep building credit score.. And you do that by buying on credit n never default throughout your pay date.
Who brings money to buy car in UK? For where.. Once you have good credit score.. Banks, auto shops will be begging u to come take a car . They might give you 20,000 pounds car and spread the payment over 20 years. You see someone paying 80 pounds in a month for a car

Talk of houses, school etc if you don't have a soft payment plans that runs into years... Then forget it.
This very reasons are why the universities are hungry for international students that provide immediate funds

Have you seen them all over the TV begging the government not to drive away foreign students?

Even the parliament acknowledged that foreign students brings over £41.9 billion to the UK economy each year.... I mean in a single year.. They can't achieve that with UK student that can't bring in immediate funds into the sector

Most of those students are from Nigeria, India, etc which they called their biggest market

DE play

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 9:23am On Jan 19
What the oldies are doing to the OP is quite unfair. The guy only opened a thread to warn others not to fall into the trap. He isn't begging for money or whatever. It takes a lot for him to come out with his story and I think it's a service most should be grateful for.

The few times I come to this forum, I see a lot of people who try to warn others about the japa craze. They try to sound the alarm that not all is as it seems but they're tagged bad belle and enemies of progress who don't want others to get there or that they've failed at getting visas hence the hate. I've wanted to lend my voice to it but I don't have time or energy for Internet toxicity which is so rife on this forum.

You guys should pls give the guy a break. He didn't kill person. The UK that gives everyone Visa knows they need the money. They also know people will not have the money immediately otherwise, why not insist on full payment before they come? Of course they will lose customers that's why. You gave someone a repayment plan and you now change it in the middle of the game, haba!!

You 'established' japarians should chill pls. That's how when one poster called Funclub (or what's his name) opened a thread, using his real experience to ask guys to think twice about embarking on japa, they almost lynched him here.

OP, just try and hang in there. I pray for you to get a way out. I hope you break free soon.

9 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:
What the oldies are doing to the OP is quite unfair. The guy only opened a thread to warn others not to fall into the trap. He isn't begging for money or whatever. It takes a lot for him to come out with his story and I think it's a service most should be grateful for.

The few times I come to this forum, I see a lot of people who try to warn others about the japa craze. They try to sound the alarm that not all is as it seems but they're tagged bad belle and enemies of progress who don't want others to get there or that they've failed at getting visas hence the hate. I've wanted to lend my voice to it but I don't have time or energy for Internet toxicity which is so rife on this forum.

You guys should pls give the guy a break. He didn't kill person. The UK that gives everyone Visa knows they need the money. They also know people will not have the money immediately otherwise, why not insist on full payment before they come? Of course they will lose customers that's why. You gave someone a repayment plan and you now change it in the middle of the game, haba!!

You 'established' japarians should chill pls. That's how when one poster called Funclub (or what's his name) opened a thread, using his real experience to ask guys to think twice about embarking on japa, they almost lynched him here.

OP, just try and hang in there. I pray for you to get a way out. I hope you break free soon.

Nigerian problem is not really the politicians, our problem is people like you and there are many of you hence the danger ahead.

You people will go to any length to defend fraudulent activities, you hate the truth because you are used to abusing the system, its normal for many of you to use backdoor to achieve your aims.

The op cheated to get a visa and now paying the price for his fraudulent act and many of you are here ignorantly defending him.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 9:51am On Jan 19
justwise:

Nigerian problem is not really the politicians, our problem is people like you and there are many of you hence the danger ahead.

You people will go to any length to defend fraudulent activities, you hate the truth because you are used to abusing the system, its normal for many of you to use backdoor to achieve your aims.

The op cheated to get a visa and now paying the price for his fraudulent act and many of you are here ignorantly defending him.

Mr moderator, go and rest like the OP told you.

You talk too much a lot of times and your toxicity is very grating. Are you not one of those who attack people who come to warn others about the pitfalls in the desperation of japa?

If you're used to fraud or brought up with fraud, not everyone has your experience. What's pinching you? The guy is already suffering the effects of his bad judgement and he's warning others, what exactly is killing you in that? He's warning people for goodness sakes.

You just talk down on anyone you see. What exactly is your problem?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by justwise(m): 10:48am On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:

Mr moderator, go and rest like the OP told you.

You talk too much a lot of times and your toxicity is very grating. Are you not one of those who attack people who come to warn others about the pitfalls in the desperation of japa?

If you're used to fraud or brought up with fraud, not everyone has your experience. What's pinching you? The guy is already suffering the effects of his bad judgement and he's warning others, what exactly is killing you in that? He's warning people for goodness sakes.

You just talk down on anyone you see. What exactly is your problem?

You and your likes, you and many who only cry when they won stupid price for playing stupid game.

I will keep ringing this and i couldn't careless how you feel. The op is not warning anyone about japa, he is blaming the school for demanding for their money.

Where is the money he presented to the embassy during the visa application? That is the real issue here. If he has that money then he wouldn't have any prob with the school changing payment plan.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 11:45am On Jan 19
justwise:
[/b]

You and your likes, you and many who only cry when they won stupid price for playing stupid game.

I will keep ringing this and i couldn't careless how you feel. The op is not warning anyone about japa, he is blaming the school for demanding for their money.

Where is the money he presented to the embassy during the visa application? That is the real issue here. If he has that money then he wouldn't have any prob with the school changing payment plan.

Once again, like the OP said, go and sit down. You're a toxic individual who thinks too highly of himself and if nobody has told you before, I'm telling you now.

You're such a child. What's with the "you and your likes"? You know me from somewhere? Your clairvoyant powers told you I'm also seeking funds to pay fees? What ignorant arrogance envelops you when you see folks in dire straits come to sound a note of warning to others not to toe their paths? Shouldn't you be amplifying his warnings? What kicks do you get with the high sounding nonsense you always go on with? Kicking someone already down? He doesn't have the money. He's obviously trying to raise the money. What will you now do? Hang him or give him firing squad?

The guy is honest enough to realize what happened to him and he's empathetic enough to try to warn others. Give him a break biko.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fullclub: 12:07pm On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:

You called my mention... Hello and good morning.

Justwise is that kind of person that can't render finanacial assistance to anyone around. There was no unprintable name he didn't called me. Am sure he don't pick any of his relative calls from where he is.

Finally I have gotten a job and things are smoothening and I have gotten used to the system.I wil give another thread after my schooling

To all hustlers who want to change the narrative... We will all be alright, have the thick skin and keep pushing.

10 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:

Once again, like the OP said, go and sit down. You're a toxic individual who thinks too highly of himself and if nobody has told you before, I'm telling you now.

You're such a child. What's with the "you and your likes"? You know me from somewhere? Your clairvoyant powers told you I'm also seeking funds to pay fees? What ignorant arrogance envelops you when you see folks in dire straits come to sound a note of warning to others not to toe their paths? Shouldn't you be amplifying his warnings? What kicks do you get with the high sounding nonsense you always go on with? Kicking someone already down? He doesn't have the money. He's obviously trying to raise the money. What will you now do? Hang him or give him firing squad?

The guy is honest enough to realize what happened to him and he's empathetic enough to try to warn others. Give him a break biko.

you are obviously full of nonsense and its clearly written all over the bs you wrote here. I don't need a prophet to tell me the sort of individual you are and i will keep saying this.

You and your likes are enablers, the op will not get my sympathy because he did not see anything wrong in what he did. His actions were intentional. Again the school did nothing wrong.

This nonsense you are supporting has led to harsher visa rules for all foreign students, schools are now punishing even students who genuinely fall on the hard side financially.

I laughed when i read post from naive individuals like you attempting to insult me each time i speak against fraudulent characters like the op.

Over 15yrs i have helped countless numbers of Nigerians and non-Nigerians students with their visa issues both here and off nairaland without collecting a penny not even a gift from them and i have never met and refused to meet a single one of them when they get here.

You are not ashamed to admit that almost 90% students commit visa fraud and you expect the school to lenient.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 12:58pm On Jan 19
justwise:

you are obviously full of nonsense and its clearly written all over the bs you wrote here. I don't need a prophet to tell me the sort of individual you are and i will keep saying this.

You and your likes are enablers, the op will not get my sympathy because he did not see anything wrong in what he did. His actions were intentional. Again the school did nothing wrong.

This nonsense you are supporting has led to harsher visa rules for all foreign students, schools are not punishing even students who genuinely fall on the hard side financially.

I laughed when i read post from naive individuals like you attempting to insult me each time i speak against fraudulent characters like the op.

Over 15yrs i have helped countless numbers of Nigerians and non-Nigerians students with their visa issues both here and off Nigeria without collecting a penny not even a gift from them and i have never met and refused to meet a single one of them when they get here.

You are not ashamed to admit that almost 90% students commit visa fraud and you expect the school to lenient.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the cognitive ability to understand my posts on this thread. As a mod, one would assume that spending years here would have equipped you with the ability for logical reasoning.

Only a man with limited intellect will misconstrue my empathy for him as support for whatever he did to have the situation he's in now.

If you're not willfully blind, you'll see my efforts to assist Nigerians on the study in Finland thread. Are you or Seun paying me for it? Where on that thread did you see me support illegality? Show me one post I have on that thread where I asked or suggested anybody commit fraud?

If you're surrounded by fraudsters, that's your funeral. Don't tar me with the brush you've been bathing with since only God knows when.

You won't stop me from having empathy for someone who fell into avoidable issues because of desperation. Desperation that people like you encourage when you tag every skeptic of the 'japa craze' a hater

6 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19
fullclub:

Justwise is that kind of person that can't render finanacial assistance to anyone around. There was no unprintable name he didn't called me. Am sure he don't pick any of his relative calls from where he is.

Finally I have gotten a job and things are smoothening and I have gotten used to the system.I wil give another thread after my schooling

To all hustlers who want to change the narrative... We will all be alright, have the thick skin and keep pushing.

Post evidence to support that false claim, everything i said about you is out in the open, so quote that unprintable name i called you.

Now to other silly comment you made...my Nigerian bank account is like a payroll system, i look after my immediate and extended family and friends because they are my propriety.

Last words to you, make sure that the next thread you are going to start will warn prospective students not do cheat themselves during visa application, that is the only sort of thread i will support 100%

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 1:08pm On Jan 19
fullclub:

Yeah it's you I was referring to.

I almost cried reading all the very harsh comments they threw your way on that thread. How can these folks be so heartless? Mistakes have been made and you've obviously learned your lesson which is why you came to warn people yet these sanctimonious folks still wanted to pile on your misery. I'm very happy to hear that you've emerged strong out of it. I hope you keep on soaring.

I wanted to come to UK too but my hubby blatantly refused sponsoring me there because in his words "UK education is simply a business with no human touch and it'll soon cast". I went elsewhere with my kids and my husband sponsoring us from Nigeria so I don't have to face the issues you guys are facing.

I wish the OP a resolution and I hope all intending japa folks will not always think everyone advising caution is a hater. I'm happy my husband refused to be swayed by the fanciful stories we were reading and watching online. Maybe I'd have been wallowing in depression too.

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by AfahaAbia(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19
justwise:
[/b]

I was wondering about this too. That guy is not telling the truth. After using borrowed blocked funds to get visa, he is now here crying foul!!! That is how allot of them will regret cheating the system. Desperation leads to biting your finger in regrets

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19
AfahaAbia:

I was wondering about this too. [b]That guy is not telling the truth. After using borrowed blocked funds to get visa, he is now here crying foul!!! [/b]That is how allot of them will regret cheating the system. Desperation leads to biting your finger in regrets

No brainer! That is exactly why i can't stand thread like this, they will never tell naive Nigerians like Outstandingmam the truth but rather blame the school or Nigerian govt.

If you cheat willingly or not admit that then warn others not to do the same.

I will not encourage anyone to come to the UK for studies now unless you are coming for research program as the new immigration rules bit harder all thanks to Nigerian and Indian students specifically.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Outstandingmam: 1:58pm On Jan 19
justwise:

No brainer! That is exactly why i can't stand thread like this, they will tell naive Nigerians like Outstandingmam the truth but rather blame the school or Nigerian govt.

If you cheat willingly or not admit that then warn others not to do the same.

I will not encourage anyone to come to the UK for studies with now unless you are coming for research program as the new immigration rules bit harder all thanks to Nigerian and Indian students specifically.

Mr, I'm not a naive Nigerian. I know what obtains. I've been traveling outside Nigeria for vacations as a secondary school student before I thought of going for higher studies so spare me that patronizing tone.

My issue with you and your likes is your huge empathy deficit. I always wished to join my voice to the threads that are opened to warn about unbridled desire to just leave Nigeria but the penchant to tag us as haters prevented me. Imagine how you came swinging into my comment? I don't like Internet arguments and I deliberately avoid them

Nigerians believe they can do anything and it's just not true. This OP and others like him made errors which they shouldn't make. The urge to game the system is in most Nigerians because we hardly follow the rules. I'm a stickler for rules but will I throw my child away because he broke the rules?

He has made his mistakes, he is stewing in it now, why do you think you need to turn the knife? What benefit is it to you? Or to him? Depression is real. I'm only being my brother's keeper pls.

UK as a japa route don cast. That's the basic truth. If you don't have the funds, forget about it. Yesterday I learned that a guy staying in an estate close to ours sold his 3 bedroom fine house for 40m (ordinarily, 60m is too cheap for such) to go to the UK because his wife got care job. They're back to Lagos now hiding from everybody. I can't imagine being in the same shoes with that family but I'm sure they were warned but refused to hear.

6 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fullclub: 2:21pm On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:

Yeah it's you I was referring to.

I almost cried reading all the very harsh comments they threw your way on that thread. How can these folks be so heartless? Mistakes have been made and you've obviously learned your lesson which is why you came to warn people yet these sanctimonious folks still wanted to pile on your misery. I'm very happy to hear that you've emerged strong out of it. I hope you keep on soaring.

I wanted to come to UK too but my hubby blatantly refused sponsoring me there because in his words "UK education is simply a business with no human touch and it'll soon cast". I went elsewhere with my kids and my husband sponsoring us from Nigeria so I don't have to face the issues you guys are facing.

I wish the OP a resolution and I hope all intending japa folks will not always think everyone advising caution is a hater. I'm happy my husband refused to be swayed by the fanciful stories we were reading and watching online. Maybe I'd have been wallowing in depression too.

Actually most people don't really tell what they passed through here they only say things when they going has smoothen out and this has lead a lot to make terrible mistakes.
I wont advice anyone to come to UK now through education... I mean those coming through Japa.

People should put a break to it or look elsewhere.

Am happy you are doing well with the choices you have made

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by fullclub: 2:27pm On Jan 19
Outstandingmam:

Mr, I'm not a naive Nigerian. I know what obtains. I've been traveling outside Nigeria for vacations as a secondary school student before I thought of going for higher studies so spare me that patronizing tone.

My issue with you and your likes is your huge empathy deficit. I always wished to join my voice to the threads that are opened to warn about unbridled desire to just leave Nigeria but the penchant to tag us as haters prevented me. Imagine how you came swinging into my comment? I don't like Internet arguments and I deliberately avoid them

Nigerians believe they can do anything and it's just not true. This OP and others like him made errors which they shouldn't make. The urge to game the system is in most Nigerians because we hardly follow the rules. I'm a stickler for rules but will I throw my child away because he broke the rules?

He has made his mistakes, he is stewing in it now, why do you think you need to turn the knife? What benefit is it to you? Or to him? Depression is real. I'm only being my brother's keeper pls.

UK as a japa route don cast. That's the basic truth. If you don't have the funds, forget about it. Yesterday I learned that a guy staying in an estate close to ours sold his 3 bedroom fine house for 40m (ordinarily, 60m is too cheap for such) to go to the UK because his wife got care job. They're back to Lagos now hiding from everybody. I can't imagine being in the same shoes with that family but I'm sure they were warned but refused to hear.

The thread I put out there saved a lot who would have made a terrible mistake coming to UK. Preventing them from selling off their property at give away.
I know of someone who is well paid, wife well paid. Left his job, [b]sold his house half [/b]the price, sold his car, sold his wife car then came to UK last year. He is with me here . He hasn't seen a stable job. Job he saw only worked one month and off. Wife also searching for job.

So people should put a break... I mean Japa people. If you are going there to school and return then go
Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by Zahra29: 3:36pm On Jan 19
fastseo:

grin pure white abi... Whites from US, other European countries.
I know what I am saying. I am in the UK.
Most stops at BSC and their likes.
Remove all those international students and see those big names crying for funds

Stop degrading Nigerians..

I am not degrading Nigerians, I was correcting the falsehood that most whites are not interested in further education.
My point is that if you don't see any whites in your university, then perhaps you need to take a look at the ranking and reputation of your school.
I know many Brits, personally and on a professional level, who are highly educated and qualified. Which demographic do you think occupies the boards and executive levels of most institutions in the UK? Or do they rely on immigrants to train and lead them?

You don't have to put down others (especially with patently false statements) to make Nigerians look better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Use 1million Naira To Secure Travel Documents And Visa to U.S.A / What Is The Best Way To Get To Ekiti From Abuja / New USA VISA Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.