Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State (43743 Views)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:45pm On Jan 13
alizma:

Did you read the part that says the building is designed to carry 3,000 staff but the staffs are already 4k and above, did you read the part that says the facility (building) managers have already warn them of the implications of over stretching the capacity of the building, did you read the part that says most búanks headquarters are in Lagos and the CBN usually sends it's staffs to carry out some work in Lagos for like a month or two? Within this period of a month or two, these guy are usually paid hotel accomodations in 5 star hotels at the expense of the poor masses, imagine having 200 to 500 staffs on average every month, in different 5 star hotels in lekki, will you maintain your stand if you see the daily average cost on paper? This is 2024, borrow Sense if you need to and do everything not to remain your old version of 2023

More stories...

Story no dey finish for Nigeria nau

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Dobodobo04: 8:46pm On Jan 13
asanausana91:
next is the federal capital.

Nope. Won’t happen.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Kay25(m): 8:46pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:
Tinubu the tribal bigot is sending CBN to Lagos in what sense?

That Lagos is the Deputy FCT or what?

A place Tinubu have turned into a tribal enclave.

All banks should move their headquarters to Abuja.
Did u go to school at all 😧 i doubt it sincerely am ashamed of whatever school u camenout from cant u read that most headquarters of Nigerian banks are in lagos and they do send them from abuja to lagos and considering their safety stay in lagos aww simple English, security and minting is in lagos,if money comes it comes through lagos are so dumb that u cant reason ni

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:49pm On Jan 13
Kay25:

Did u go to school at all 😧 i doubt it sincerely am ashamed of whatever school u camenout from cant u read that most headquarters of Nigerian banks are in lagos and they do send them from abuja to lagos and considering their safety stay in lagos aww simple English, security and minting is in lagos,if money comes it comes through lagos are so dumb that u cant reason ni

Everything should be relocated to Abuja fct.

That is what Abuja is there for.

Run Lagos as your tribal enclave.

All those head office still their will be relocated to Abuja.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bitbillionaire: 8:49pm On Jan 13
Yampotatocarrot:

I also think it's a very good idea... But if I may ask,will it be logical to say that NNPC headquarters and that of oil companies should be moved to the South-south also?

I believe it'll even help ease the congestion in Lagos to an extent

Yes. NNPC and other oil companies have no business being in Lagos. it's an aberration for oil companies that carry out over 80% of their operation in the south south to shun major cities in the south south and come to Lagos to establish their head office and pay tax to Lagos. That is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:51pm On Jan 13
bitbillionaire:

Yes. NNPC and other oil companies have no business being in Lagos. it's an aberration for oil companies that carry out over 80% of their operation in the south south to shun major cities in the south south and come to Lagos to establish their head office and pay tax to Lagos. That is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Big time daylight robbery, they created the Thiiefnubu problem plaguing the nation today.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by DMerciful(m): 8:51pm On Jan 13
Is Sirika from Abuja?
Kreamie:
How's this tribally motivated FGS?

When Hadi Sirika moved all aviation parastarals to Abuja, did anyone tag it as tribally motivated when they clearly had no business being in Abuja to begin with.

Nigerians cannot just be separated from tribalism. undecided

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by DMerciful(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13
Story for the gods!

Failed leadership is responsible, not capital location
Samunique:
Nigeria has never been the same since its capital was taken from Lagos to Abuja.

Whatever fame and glory it has ever enjoyed, they all took place when Lagos was still the capital, ever since then Nigeria has been a shadow of itself.

There's something special about Lagos !!!
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by LZAA: 8:58pm On Jan 13
Samunique:
Nigeria has never been the same since its capital was taken from Lagos to Abuja.

Whatever fame and glory it has ever enjoyed, they all took place when Lagos was still the capital, ever since then Nigeria has been a shadow of itself.

There's something special about Lagos !!!
Drop that cheap shepe and shatap😄😄
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by spako4(m): 9:02pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Your hatred for Tinubu is affecting your thinking faculty

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by meekah: 9:02pm On Jan 13
Oga you no get sense ni?

post=127925708]Tinubu the tribal bigot is sending CBN to Lagos in what sense?

All banks should move their headquarters to Abuja.[/quote]
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by onadana: 9:04pm On Jan 13
Yankee101:
They’ll mess this one up
With online banking you don’t have to go to a head office to do audit
Infact most of your audits are either printouts you can get from ANY branch of the bank in the country or hard copies generated mostly from online transactions

Nah lie...be there physically..for your audit..all those online jargons can be manipulated.You need to be physically present to check the books We don't want another Dozie of fake Tingo mobile

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by joseph1832(m): 9:05pm On Jan 13
musicwriter:

Indeed, I've long theorized that moving Nigeria's capital from Lagos to Abuja was the beginning of taking away power from the people.

You see, when the capital was in Lagos with it's huge population of underprivileged citizens, people could easily register their frustration through protests directly at the government house. This is despite the governments were military regimes then.

Moving the capital to a well-off neighborhood like Abuja means that the very people feeling the worst of the government's wrong policies are no longer near the government house to register their frustration every now and then.

This is why the Nigerian government can get away with anything since then.
can you say this was a strategic move? Because I remember asking why the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja back then, I was because it's not safe for any country to have its capital in a state that has boundary with an ocean.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mubiola360: 9:08pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Why are you like this, Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria, having a close engagement within will yield a greater result, to what impact would moving them to Abuja and still send staffs to the economic hub for months risking their lives on travel ?? Just sit down , relax and digest before escalating your hatred for reason I don't know

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Ironbull: 9:13pm On Jan 13
asanausana91:
it has everything to do with tribalism. The north will answer you when the time comes.

Which North? Pls speak for yourself and don't ever mistake me for SW indegene ok, though I don't really care if you do.

North brain dey work when it comes to politics dem no dey do janjawee politics of Lamentation and bitterness, ok.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by victorDanladi: 9:13pm On Jan 13
Engr2016:

You are absolutley right. I was once a consultant to CBN and I can tell you for a fact that the staff usually benefit from travel allowances for travelling to Lagos on even mundane meetings that they could easily do via Zoom, Teams and other online meeting platforms. Secondly, most people don't even know that CBN has 2 headquarters. Abuja is their main headquarters while Lagos is the Headquarters extension unlike most other states that is just ordinary brances or regional branches. I have worked in both head offices too. The Lagos office is one of the largest and tallest high rise buildings in Marina, Lagos Island.

God bless you.
These are informations we are supposed to be reading. I HAVE KNOWN CBN HEADQUARTERS ANNEX IN LAGOS SINCE 2011...IT WAS EVEN RECONSTRUCTED BY SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI,A NORTHERNER!

Educated Nigerians are disappointments

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by victorDanladi: 9:15pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Pained IPOB go to Lagos and carry am

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by profodbaba: 9:19pm On Jan 13
Something fishy going down...

We ease students in UK with their assignments and projects writing for any levels. Reach out to Kelvin on +44 7404 432511. Rates are extremely affordable.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:20pm On Jan 13
Mubiola360:

Why are you like this, Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria, having a close engagement within will yield a greater result, to what impact would moving them to Abuja and still send staffs to the economic hub for months risking their lives on travel ?? Just sit down , relax and digest before escalating your hatred for reason I don't know
Lagos can be whatever you tell yourself without monopolising Banking Sector Head Quarters or Oil Companies Head Quarters or Seaport.

Now it is CBN that you want to steal from Abuja.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by sben2308(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13
nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/cbn-decongests-head-office-moves-departments-to-lagos/

My question is y can't an annex b built in Abuja to accommodate the growth.
Imagine Lagos saying cuz their LASTMA number is higher so wants to av another office in Kaduna .
Who does that?
A federal organization with that level of security should be in the Capital.
I believe there is more to this that they are letting on to the civilians.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by ozoneboy(m): 9:27pm On Jan 13
Kreamie:

When Hadi Sirika moved all aviation parastarals to Abuja, did anyone tag it as tribally motivated when they clearly had no business being in Abuja to begin with.

But if it was moved by a CBN led Igbo to Anambra,you will be the first to shout Tribalisnlm,now it's Lagos no problem.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by waternogetemeny: 9:29pm On Jan 13
sben2308:

My question is y can't an annex b built in Abuja to accommodate the growth.
Imagine Lagos saying cuz their LASTMA number is higher so wants to av another office in Kaduna .
Who does that?
A federal organization with the level of security should be in the Capital.
I believe there is more to this that way they are letting on to the civilians.

what is remaining for Tinubu is to remove Abuja FCT status.

All this started with the fraudulent election challenging Abuja special status.

Once Nigeria no get FCT it means Nigeria as a country dont exist.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Berankis: 9:30pm On Jan 13
Kreamie:

When the past education minister moved NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) from VI to Abuja abruptly, no one raised any tribal concerns then. Our tribal sentiments keep setting this country backwards. Its funny how Igbos will see nothing wrong when any of their kingsmen is caught in corruption web. Shebi na here we dey when late former Police IG Tafa Balogun went to jail under a Yoruba President and Yorubas did not back him up for his wrong doing, he was left to carry his cross. I am sure he never recovered from the imprisonment till he later died. But if it's other tribes, they start playing the dirty tribal game shamelessly.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by middlebelter(m): 9:31pm On Jan 13
I am from the geographical Northern Nigeria, I am strongly in support of the move. It is a saving strategy. CBN has an excellent office space in Lagos what the grumbling staff are running away from is the traffic and cost of accommodation in Lagos but most of them have a house in Abuja already.
Come and use your transfer money to buy land at Lekki.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by onuman: 9:35pm On Jan 13
asanausana91:
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria. Is Lagos the capital of Nigeria?
Fear a Yoruba man.
The north must learn their lesson.

So you now accept Abuja as part of the north.

They used to count 19 states in the north. The sin of Northern military dictators who used land mass or population figures to proliferate 20 new federating units in the northern region but allowed only 17 states in the two southern regions that formed Nigeria with the North in 1960 is what led Nigeria to be producing leaders largely decided by the northern political class.

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by youngrichnigga: 9:42pm On Jan 13
Out of station claims don finish be dat, that's why you're seeing the lamentations and resistance undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by mystery22: 9:53pm On Jan 13
This yeribas are too tribalist cos why move it to the same useless Lagos you keep asking people leave, like forcing people to come to that place called Lagos again

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Fearyourcreator: 9:55pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Cry cry baby

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Elsueno: 9:55pm On Jan 13
Provide them with suitable accommodation close to thier work palcr or pay them the equivalent in allowance.

To be honest, Lagos is pretty annoying except for people who already lived thier or grew up thier. Anybody else, especially family people wouldn't really enjoy or like that place
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Yankee101: 10:09pm On Jan 13
onadana:

Nah lie...be there physically..for your audit..all those online jargons can be manipulated.You need to be physically present to check the books We don't want another Dozie of fake Tingo mobile

How do you check the transactions in the other 36 state branches including Abuja?

Which ‘book’ is in Lagos?

You think it’s old time banking where you do debit and credit on physical ledgers? Your P&L are mostly from Kano, Port, Kaduna, Abuja and Lagos, your Balance sheet items are spread across the country and abroad in the form of assets, you cash flow is generated and spent daily across various branches and cost centers.

Are you really serious?
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by victorDanladi: 10:15pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Donates Branded Vehicles To Tinubu/shettima Campaign Organisation / 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64