Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State (44210 Views)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by zelnababa(m): 5:44am On Jan 14
Lolz, the incentive and allowance they enjoy when they send them to Lagos for one or two months Will not allow them to be happy to transfer permanently to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bigcasava1(m): 5:47am On Jan 14
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bigcasava1(m): 5:49am On Jan 14
Kreamie:
How's this tribally motivated FGS?

When Hadi Sirika moved all aviation parastarals to Abuja, did anyone tag it as tribally motivated when they clearly had no business being in Abuja to begin with.

Nigerians cannot just be separated from tribalism. undecided
Abuja is the Federal capital territory that's where it's meant to be.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Ofemannnu: 5:51am On Jan 14
Maybe spiritualists can give us an easy answer as to why the Whites brought the capital to Lagos.
Since the capital was moved to Abuja,Nigeria has spiralled downward exponentially.
Let us see what is going to happen with the movement first.
All what we seek is the growth of Nigeria and Nigerians.
The world is all about the physical and the spiritual.
The spiritual comes top and governs the physical.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bigcasava1(m): 5:52am On Jan 14
Helpfromabove1:
Any move that will give Naira value is very much welcome
value as in Lagos state generates element that improves currency value
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Kreamie(m): 6:10am On Jan 14
- Where’s the aviation hub of Nigeria please?
- Shouldn't the parastatals be close to hub for effective communication and synchronization?
- How do we intend to cut cost in governance with the parastatals miles away from the hub and paperwork need to be sorted?

Riddle me these please?
bigcasava1:
Abuja is the Federal capital territory that's where it's meant to be.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by remiopash: 6:26am On Jan 14
Bliss4Lyfe:
Tinubu the tribal bigot is sending CBN to Lagos in what sense?

That Lagos is the Deputy FCT or what?

A place Tinubu have turned into a tribal enclave.

All banks should move their headquarters to Abuja.

Suegbe..Do you know how much it will be saved if that is implemented ? No need to pay them travelling allowances or estacodes to if they are permanently transferred since the headoffice of those banks are in Lagos..That is why most the workers are against the directive .

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by dappydozzy(m): 6:27am On Jan 14
Bliss4Lyfe:

Did you even go to school, you analyse issues from ethnic perspectives, Banks headquarters are located in economic and financial capitals. How many of America's biggest banks are situated in Washington, DC. Also take a look at China, their biggest banks are located in Shanghai, as well as the International financial centre in Hongkong. For the fact that justifiable reasons were given for this relocation, there is nothing to fuss about. The employees at the head office are over bloated than its installed capacity. So always have the right information and deep knowledge and shun ethnic sentiment before coming to Nairaland to talk trash.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by ariesbull: 6:48am On Jan 14
Tribalism in its finest and in a subtle way ....

Abuja is more spacious than Lagos...what do they mean decongest ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by chinwe77: 6:50am On Jan 14
just one office yet billions are been stolen away then imagine what will happen at lagos office when there is a dual CBN control and monintoring..shit hole of a countryjust one office yet billions are been stolen away then imagine what will happen at lagos office when there is a dual CBN control and monintoring..shit hole of a country...
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bluntemperor: 7:56am On Jan 14
asanausana91:
I believe those foolish northerners are regretting their Muslim Muslim ticket.
Infact, Tinubu should just move the federal capital to Lagos..

Between Lagos and Abuja:
Why are you pained now,a tribal gigost
like you?
When your Buhari spent 8- years,doing nothing and destroyed the economy,you are enjoying it, because he is a Northerners and you think all Northerners love to see Nigeria go down in Committee of Nations? No, except few-elites like you who is always crying -wolf when there is none!
• What is CBN doing with Over 4000 Staff? What manners of Special Services are they Offering or selling- are these not overbloating Staff , draining Nigerian Purse?
• When NPA moved their headquarters to Abuja initially,Sebi,there is Ocean and High Sea Waters for the Ship to bearth and land in Abuja and why did they come back to Apapa or why can't you use Computer to monitor their progress,in High Sea Waters? Awon olodo!
• the other lady up there reason through anus ' let ALL Banks move their Headquarters to Abuja'- can you see low life thinking- and how much of the Banking System do you know?
Can you maintain those Headquarters- without Businesses?
• Dangote Refineries too should be producing in Abuja, because Abuja na Capital! Do you know the large Numbers of Waters those Machines used every minutes?
That is why Serious business men think in Progression Growth, unlike those that dwellings in ethnic bigots baselines and you wander,why their Own States remained undeveloped!
These are the Nigerians with tribalism in their blood and can't diffentiate between a Financial Capital( Lagos) and Political Capitals( Abuja)- all over the World!
I have been to Abuja several times and you can see that nothing is going on , except to share our National Resources or build Houses here and there,just show me progress,since your leaders- ran to Abuja without preparation ,during the political rascality,how far you have prosper and what Productions you have made,in Abuja since!
• Lagos State will never slow -down and you can see New Horizons here- New Airport ( Lekki),New Sea Ports,New Lekki Peninsular Hubs and New Lekki Economic Development Growth and the New Towns Railway- intercity,moving in different directions!
So,for CBN Staff, that are used to cheapy Traveling Estacodes, coming to Lagos,is like you are likely to increase our Population and inconvenient us,so you can stay put there in Abuja doing nothing,as usual,because,Lagos Kolo ,Kosi- re- ibikan!
Lagos de Kanpe!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Dynamicboss: 8:16am On Jan 14
ecolime:
Why was their new Lagos head office built in the First place? Sanusi Lamido even fitted it with an helipad. The building is wasting away till date. I still have pictures of their empty offices with me as I speak.

They are better off situated in Lagos than Abuja because almost all Banks are headquartered in Lagos.

One key function of CBN is Banking services supervision. You can't do that effectively when your H/O is in Abuja.

These CBN guys travel down to Lagos almost everyday and then raise crazy expense claims on Travel, flight, hotel Accomodation, local estacodes to the tune of several millions.

These leakages should be plugged.

N.B: My position is not borne out of tribalism.

#Bitter fact

These 3 agencies absolutely have no business in Abuja.

1. CBN - Lagos[/color]
2. NNPC - Lagos or portharcourt[color=#990000]

3. FAAN (Aviation)
- Lagos[color=#990000][/color]

Thank you and their location should be based on economic viability at the red comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by AsomughaChuks05: 9:22am On Jan 14
There is nothing tribal about this move. It makes sense and should be commended. Lagos is still the financial capital of Nigeria where at least 80% of banks are headquartered and boasts of the most branches of commercial banks compared to any other location. It therefore needs closer CBN presence and supervision than any other state in Nigeria including the FCT.

Even the NNPC moved some of its departments like the Nigerian Gas Company, NPDC, NCMDB and NNLG to the Niger Delta where the oil is produced.

President Tinubu and Olayemi Cardoso should be commended for their foresight.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by fayomim: 9:36am On Jan 14
ecolime:
Why was their new Lagos head office built in the First place? Sanusi Lamido even fitted it with an helipad. The building is wasting away till date. I still have pictures of their empty offices with me as I speak.

They are better off situated in Lagos than Abuja because almost all Banks are headquartered in Lagos.

One key function of CBN is Banking services supervision. You can't do that effectively when your H/O is in Abuja.

These CBN guys travel down to Lagos almost everyday and then raise crazy expense claims on Travel, flight, hotel Accomodation, local estacodes to the tune of several millions.

These leakages should be plugged.

N.B: My position is not borne out of tribalism.

#Bitter fact

These 3 agencies absolutely have no business in Abuja.

1. CBN
2. NNPC
3. FAAN (Aviation)

I made mention of this one time ago, there are some HQ that has no business in Abuja.....for instance, Ministry of Agriculture should be moved to Benue state or where food is massively produced in the country.

NNPC should be moved to the south south

i dont know what they are all doing in abuja....everyone wants to be in abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by sulaak(m): 9:42am On Jan 14
Kreamie:

When Hadi Sirika moved all aviation ministries, agencies & parastarals to Abuja, did anyone tag it as tribally motivated when they clearly had no business being in Abuja to begin with.

Very well said.

The fact that all the commercial banks, major ports, primary stock markets and oil company headquarters are in Lagos state has been lost on the tribalist

”Most of the bank’s headquarters are in Lagos. The CBN usually sends staff from Abuja to work in Lagos for like one to two months and return to the head office.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Apel147(m): 9:42am On Jan 14
Empty heads full for here eh! What has the relocation of some departments in the CBN for to do with tribalism? As e dey Abuja wetin you gain from am? Mtsweeeeeen!

Bliss4Lyfe:

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Glassysea(m): 9:44am On Jan 14
No issues about this, he did the right thing
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 9:46am On Jan 14
Ironbull:

Honestly it so annoying turning everything to tribalism. When the Federal capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja then it wasn't tribalism but now just splitting over-populated govt office is now tribalism.

Anyone not please with the move can resign and go to his hometown where only angels lives there.
Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass, and has this mammoth population. Don't you think the FCT is better as the capital.

More so, no country builds its capital close to the sea, it's for military reason. Abuja is more like the centre of Nigeria.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 9:51am On Jan 14
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Between Abuja and Lagos which of them should be decongested? grin grin
I wonder my bro.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:00am On Jan 14
Mandate1:

More so, no country builds its capital close to the sea, it's for military reason. Abuja is more like the centre of Nigeria.
About half of the countries in the world have capitals close to the sea
Many of you just open your mouths ignorantly to talk nonsense with confidence

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 10:02am On Jan 14
blaise26abj:

If they pick one up now , people will say they are wasting resources when they have sparsely populated offices in the state . If the management decides to send some of the staff there , good ! Nigeria saves money instead of acquiring a new building

Nowhere did I imply they have only one building. That particular building is congested . That’s my point .
but Lagos is also congested. How do we intend to develop other states in the federation when we keep sitting govt offices in Lagos. Aside the seat of govt. Other govt parastatals should be sited close to the source of raw materials. That's the only way this argument makes sense.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 10:08am On Jan 14
Yankee101:

I can almost guarantee you Lagos is very very congested
Lagos is not congested, it's choked.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bluntemperor: 10:12am On Jan 14
dappydozzy:

Did you even go to school, you analyse issues from ethnic perspectives, Banks headquarters are located in economic and financial capitals. How many of America's biggest banks are situated in Washington, DC. Also take a look at China, their biggest banks are located in Shanghai, as well as the International financial centre in Hongkong. For the fact that justifiable reasons were given for this relocation, there is nothing to fuss about. The employees at the head office are over bloated than its installed capacity. So always have the right information and deep knowledge and shun ethnic sentiment before coming to Nairaland to talk trash.

Well said,bro!
Everything in Nigeria is usually about - I Before Others!
We are very Unpatriotic in our thinking and that is why Nigeria cannot fly easily, even where there are genuine ideas and intentions - that is why some MIDAS-Min and Depts- are just so Corrupt because they see those instructions as their own food basket!
Very Shameful Indeed!

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 10:12am On Jan 14
Gamesmart:

Your foolishness is poor.

If you were not daft, you would realise Lagos is Nigeria's commercial centre by a great mile and is the location of most Banks and financial activities the CBN is responsible for.

If you were not daft, you would realise sending staff to work away from home, paying for flights, hotels and per diem for weeks & months is a huge cost, drain on resources and a significant waste of public funds that could have gone into the education system and make you less daft!

I curse the God that put me in the same country as foools like you! E no go better for that God!
so what is NNPC doing in Abuja? Is there oil well in Abuja? This your argument is flawed. If you're trying to decongest an office premises in Abuja, you can decongest it to another state, not Lagos that is choked. CBN can actually make a legislation to mandate banks to build a mini head office in Abuja for close monitoring and inspection. With time everyone will align.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Mandate1: 10:19am On Jan 14
aribisala0:

About half of the countries in the world have capitals close to the sea
Many of you just open your mouths ignorantly to talk nonsense with confidence
Lagos is not close to the sea. LAGOS is on the sea.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Shattuck(m): 10:31am On Jan 14
Kreamie:

When Hadi Sirika moved all aviation ministries, agencies & parastarals to Abuja, did anyone tag it as tribally motivated when they clearly had no business being in Abuja to begin with.

I think it the move makes sense, about the tribalism thing, looking at recent event where Lagos is being used to taunt and Shame other tribes you can't 💯 percent blame other Nigerians for feeling some kinda way about it, Lagos has always been built by all Nigerians, but some folks desperately try to erase the contribution of other Nigerians.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:32am On Jan 14
Mandate1:
Lagos is not close to the sea. LAGOS is on the sea.

What did you say?

Mandate1:

I do not think you are thinking before you talk
Is being "on the sea" whatever distinction you are trying to make militarily better than being "close to the sea"

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by YorubaDemonswag: 11:02am On Jan 14
BabaRamota1980:
When Obi becomes President he can move any headquarter he wants to Anambra. But for now, 1st citizens of Nigeria are talking, we move however we like. 3rd class occupants of Nigeria can wail all they want.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Ironbull: 11:06am On Jan 14
Mandate1:
Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass, and has this mammoth population. Don't you think the FCT is better as the capital.

You are totally out of the point. We are talking about bringing tribalism into splitting a govt parastatal.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by stampo: 11:50am On Jan 14
It's a very good move.

All parts of the country is supposed to have a major headquarter of government ministry.

Example. In South Africa, they have the legislative arm of government in Cape town while the executive stay in Johannesburg.

We have a similar situation in Bayelsa State today where a department of NNPC is domiciled in Yenegua..

It's not a big deal..

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Gamesmart: 11:55am On Jan 14
Mandate1:
so what is NNPC doing in Abuja? Is there oil well in Abuja? This your argument is flawed. If you're trying to decongest an office premises in Abuja, you can decongest it to another state, not Lagos that is choked. CBN can actually make a legislation to mandate banks to build a mini head office in Abuja for close monitoring and inspection. With time everyone will align.

You are a cretin.

How does the fact NNPC is based in Abuja or Nigerian Police headquarters is based in London or UN headquarters is based in Bermuda triangle make my argument flawed that it makes sense for CBN to reduce cost by posting some staff who frequently work in Lagos to Lagos?

The stupidity of you people in debating is the 8th Wonder of the World.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by kunle4toyeyaho: 12:35pm On Jan 14
ariesbull:
Tribalism in its finest and in a subtle way ....

Abuja is more spacious than Lagos...what do they mean decongest ?
Are they talking about space or talking about decongesting operation at the Abuja. It makes sense to transfer the banking supervision dept to Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Boko Haram Attacks UN Helicopter, Kills Two In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.