Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State (44398 Views)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bitbillionaire: 8:16pm On Jan 13
It's tempting to read tribalism into this plan. But let's be realistic, since most banks and other financial institutions have their head office in Lagos, I think it makes sense and saves cost for departments of CBN responsible for for banks' supervision to be moved to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by blaise26abj(m): 8:17pm On Jan 13
Yankee101:

I can almost guarantee you Lagos is very very congested

Of course Lagos state is very very congested. Their office in Lagos is likely not congested. Unless You know more than CBN ?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:21pm On Jan 13
bitbillionaire:
It's tempting to read tribalism into this plan. But let's be realistic, since most banks and other financial institutions have their head office in Lagos, I think it makes sense and saves cost for departments of CBN responsible for for banks' supervision to be moved to Lagos.
All should have move their Head Office to Abuja or pay the associated cost.

Like i said no excuse warrant such move.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by zoghys: 8:24pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

mynd44 rule 2

Bleep u and rule 2. You should have been banned long before this because of your stinking ethnic bigotry.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:24pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:
OBJ was president he did not relocate CBN to Lagos or Ogun.

Yaradua was president he did not relocate CBN to Kano

GEJ was president he did not relocate CBN to Port Harcourt or Calabar

Buhari was president he did not relocate CBN to Kano or Katsina

It is the thief that have yorubanize the CBN and Finance ministry that want to relocate it to Lagos.

Seun rule 2 and 3 violation.
This one must be banned or else your new rules are worthless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Elidrisy20: 8:25pm On Jan 13
If dem like make dem carry the state capital to Lagos
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:26pm On Jan 13
I wont waste my time exchanging insult with bigots that have come to defend the treasury looter from their tribe.

I will simply pass you unto the mods.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by PHAYOL81: 8:26pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:
Tinubu the tribal bigot is sending CBN to Lagos in what sense?

That Lagos is the Deputy FCT or what?

A place Tinubu have turned into a tribal enclave.

All banks should move their headquarters to Abuja.

Hhmmmm, the greatest economist of our time. Your suggestion is unique. So you would take a banking sector away from the commercial centre and expect excellent service to all the major customers domiciled therein and good turn over. Some certain banks are hq'ed in ABUJA, you should compare their market penetration to their counterparts down south. Sometimes hate don't let someone think better.

Bliss4Lyfe:

Lagos is a big fat nothing.

It is now a tribal enclave.

All head Office that are still their are just waiting to start paying heavy fines.

Ain't here to trade insults but that submission of yours is bound to turn the sector into a calamitous fall or underperformance. That truth may be bitter though.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:27pm On Jan 13
PHAYOL81:

Hhmmmm, the greatest economist of our time. Your suggestion is unique. So you would take a banking sector away from the commercial centre and expect excellent service to all the major customers domiciled therein and good turn over. Some certain banks are hq'ed in ABUJA, you should compare their market penetration to their counterparts down south. Sometimes hate don't let someone think better.

Lagos is a big fat nothing.

It is now a tribal enclave.

All head Office that are still their are just waiting to start paying heavy fines.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Menclothing: 8:28pm On Jan 13
Most of the bank’s headquarters are in Lagos. The CBN usually sends staff from Abuja to work in Lagos for like one to two months and return to the head office.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13
bitbillionaire:

I also think it's a very good idea... But if I may ask,will it be logical to say that NNPC headquarters and that of oil companies should be moved to the South-south also?

I believe it'll even help ease the congestion in Lagos to an extent

4 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:31pm On Jan 13
Yampotatocarrot:

I also think it's a very good idea... But if I may ask,will it be logical to say that NNPC headquarters and that of oil companies should be moved to the South-south also?

I believe it'll even help ease the congestion in Lagos to an extent

ALL the Oil companies Head Office are suppose to be in Abuja if not Asaba or Calabar in SS, those areas are usually calm.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:31pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:
OBJ was president he did not relocate CBN to Lagos or Ogun.

Yaradua was president he did not relocate CBN to Kano

GEJ was president he did not relocate CBN to Port Harcourt or Calabar

Buhari was president he did not relocate CBN to Kano or Katsina

It is the thief that have yorubanize the CBN and Finance ministry that want to relocate it to Lagos.

Just listen to this tribal hypocrite.

Seun rule 2 violation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by ebenholer2(m): 8:31pm On Jan 13
I am sure the bigots will not like this most especially the OBIDIENTS, and Igbos. They will value bigotry over efficiency and productivity.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Engr2016: 8:32pm On Jan 13
FreeStuffsNG:
“What is happening now at the CBN is likened to a company with over 500 staff and say 200 used to go to work in other states and return to the head office. It is not out of place for the company to relocate them fully to that state to work and increase their safety and productivity,” he said.

This is very common with most of the Federal Government agencies and it's a form of wasteful avenue to keep getting travel allowances, hazard allowances and estacodes.

Even Unity Bank that used to have its headquarters in Abuja had to move to Lagos when they realised the wastages in moving between Lagos and Abuja routinely and spending so much to keep idle stuff in Abuja.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

You are absolutley right. I was once a consultant to CBN and I can tell you for a fact that the staff usually benefit from travel allowances for travelling to Lagos on even mundane meetings that they could easily do via Zoom, Teams and other online meeting platforms. Secondly, most people don't even know that CBN has 2 headquarters. Abuja is their main headquarters while Lagos is the Headquarters extension unlike most other states that is just ordinary brances or regional branches. I have worked in both head offices too. The Lagos office is one of the largest and tallest high rise buildings in Marina, Lagos Island.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by geokay777(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe
3 much of sense no go kee you
All bank should move to Abuja,,,,, just like that grin
post=127925708:

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Danzakidakura(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13
Baba, wan suck oil, Jagaba twale Sir.
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:36pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

mynd44 rule 2 Seun Rule 2 and 3
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Yankee101: 8:37pm On Jan 13
blaise26abj:

Of course Lagos state is very very congested. Their office in Lagos is likely not congested. Unless You know more than CBN ?
CBN has 36 major offices all of which can accommodate a large number of staff besides other operational buildings and staffing quarters. They control AMCON and other related entities with large half empty buildings in Abuja too.

In the federal civil service you don’t make money by salary, you make money from allowances on travel, estacode, outside posting etc. The federal government moved federal operations from Lagos to abuja decades ago primarily due to congestion

All the banks also have major regional offices in Abuja, Infact Jaiz bank has its head office in Abuja, keystone as phb had its head office in kaduna, so the movement has nothing to do with proximity but to reduce their power and allowances. You can audit any major Nigerian bank from Zamfara, Sokoto or Oyo, it doesn’t matter, once you have a branch connected to their server. Banking supervision is the most powerful unit in the CBN because they control all the banks. Their Director is also the most powerful after the CBN head. That’s why you still hear voices like Moghalu in the public space as loud as Soludo or Sanusi.. You move them out, you move their Director out too, you cut their income down, you clip their wings and keep them away from Abuja where all the political power is. I didn’t want to have to do a long explanation cos I was expecting a lot of people know these already but apparently not

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 8:37pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Tribal hypocrite.

mynd44 SEUN rule 2
Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:41pm On Jan 13
Chatting -shit that you are moving CBN to Lagos because banks have their headquarters in Lagos.

All those banks either pay fine or move their headquarters to Abuja.

Nigeria dont have two capital city and no state is in competition with Abuja over FCT status.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by bitbillionaire: 8:41pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:
All should have move their Head Office to Abuja or pay the associated cost.

Like i said no excuse warrant such move.

Making all the banks to move their head office to Abuja would be another way to go about it. But do you know what it would cost the banks to buy land and start building new befitting head office from scratch in Abuja after spending hundreds of millions, if not billion, to build the one they already have in Lagos? So I think what CBN is doing is more cost effective.

Moreover, don't forget that Lagos is a commercial centre of Nigeria. So banks naturally find it more profitable to have their head office in Lagos than any other city in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13
bitbillionaire:

Making all the banks to move their head office to Abuja would be another way to go about it. But do you know what it would cost the banks to buy land and start building new befitting head office from scratch in Abuja after spending hundreds of millions, if not billion, to build the one they already have in Lagos? So I think what CBN is doing is more cost effective.

Moreover, don't forget that Lagos is a commercial centre of Nigeria. So banks naturally find it more profitable to have their head office in Lagos than any other city in Nigeria.

More stories for the gods.

Lagos is a big fat nothing to Nigeria.

It is a tribal enclave.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State by alizma: 8:44pm On Jan 13
Bliss4Lyfe:

Did you read the part that says the building is designed to carry 3,000 staff but the staffs are already 4k and above, did you read the part that says the facility (building) managers have already warn them of the implications of over stretching the capacity of the building, did you read the part that says most búanks headquarters are in Lagos and the CBN usually sends it's staffs to carry out some work in Lagos for like a month or two? Within this period of a month or two, these guy are usually paid hotel accomodations in 5 star hotels at the expense of the poor masses, imagine having 200 to 500 staffs on average every month, in different 5 star hotels in lekki, will you maintain your stand if you see the daily average cost on paper? This is 2024, borrow Sense if you need to and do everything not to remain your old version of 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Police Helicopter Arrives Benue. See Reactions (Photos) / Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years. / Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.