Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' (38174 Views)

How My Father, TB Joshua Abused Me – Ajoke, Daughter Had Outside Wedlock / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts / Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by Shattuck(m): 10:24am On Jan 15
[quote author=Buharism101 post=127944132][/quote]ok I will try an get more understanding of Islam and it's teachings
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by MySolace: 11:50am On Jan 15
CJStarz:

Ok, granted she confronted her father in good faith back then, why is she still scandalizing the man in death? No good child does that,at least out of the respect of the fact that he was her FATHER! What does she hope to gain from all these? She's seeking vendetta because he didn't treat her well or what?
Even God isn't in her support this time around.
It's not da way. In dis world, it's garbage in garbage out. U reap wot u sew.
She created d beast in d gal. She lost every iota of fatherly bond with him, lost d fear, and possibly lost d respect cos of how she was treated. But I believe all worked in God's will. And don't b mistaken, she granted d interview wen the man was even alive... Some people even believe d man gave up ghost wen he learnt of d interviews.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by FuckTheMod: 6:04pm On Jan 15
ceejay80s:

Do u need to go this far to insult all because u want to prove a silly point, continue....it's coming to u too
Do you need to make silly point without prove?
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by braveheart008(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15
CJStarz:
She's a bad 'daughter'. Imagine going to your father's office to confront and shout at him.
Your bad character got you all the beatings.
Why are you in hiding?
Which good daughter speaks so I'll of her father in death?
Bad child .. if at all TB Joshua was your dad, his spirit will torment you.
You should be ashamed of yourself

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by CJStarz: 2:27am On Jan 16
braveheart008:

You should be ashamed of yourself
Come up with a stronger argument and stop being infantile
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14am On Jan 16
OLAADEGBU:

"He kept all of us in slavery, total absolute slavery. Ajoke was bold enough to confront him. I see her as a hero"
Emmanuel
Former church insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3AajVu3c5s
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by drsibz66(m): 6:42am On Jan 16
D4gmail1:

Hahahaha. I can feel your religious pain. Your papa aka fake prophet without integrity is exposed and as the defender of the universe you are doing what you know how to do best. Ajoke needs no introduction, she is TB Joshua's daughter. You can hit your head on the rock if it does not go well with you. LOL 😂

YOU HAVE A VERY LOW IQ AND YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. EVEN IF FOR EXAMPLE DNA SAYS OTHERWISE YOU WILL STILL NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THE POSSIBILITY THAT RESEMBLANCE ISNT ENOUGH TO CONFIRM PATERNITY.
ILLITERATE.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by D4gmail1: 7:34am On Jan 16
drsibz66:

YOU HAVE A VERY LOW IQ AND YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. EVEN IF FOR EXAMPLE DNA SAYS OTHERWISE YOU WILL STILL NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THE POSSIBILITY THAT RESEMBLANCE ISNT ENOUGH TO CONFIRM PATERNITY.
ILLITERATE.

Dear Keyboard warrior. Hahahaha, i know your type, you can say this because you hide behind a screen. All the same go and lick your wounds. No matter the name you try to call me, Your magician a.k.a con-man has been exposed long before BBC.

Your bible says "If the blind lead the blind, they both fall into a ditch".

If you have not figured this out yet, then you are delusional.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Jan 16
BBC iPlayer
Disciples: The Cult of TB Joshua

A shocking journey into a maze of manipulation and terrifying abuse perpetrated by one of the most powerful religious figures of the 21st Century

Watch now on BBC iPlayer (UK only) or on the BBC Africa YouTube channel (outside UK)

BBC iPlayer
BBC Sounds

World of Secrets - The Disciples

A nine-episode season - a shocking journey into a maze of manipulation and terrifying abuse

Listen now on BBC Sounds

Sixteen of the former disciples we interviewed, including Rae, provided first-hand testimony of sexual assault or rape by Joshua. Many say it happened frequently - as much as two to four times a week - for the duration of their time in the compound. Some described violent rapes which left them struggling to breath or bleeding.

Many believed they were the only ones being assaulted and did not dare share what was happening to them with the other disciples, as they were all encouraged to report on each other.

According to Victoria, who asked us to change her name for safety reasons, and who spent more than five years in the compound, other sexual assault victims were often hand picked by Joshua from the church congregation.

She says she was picked out while attending the church's Sunday school, and says she was raped in Joshua's private quarters a few months later, after her parents entrusted her into his care. She was then recruited as a resident disciple.

Victoria says Joshua ordered some of his most trusted Nigerian disciples to help identify new victims. The group was informally known as the "fishing department" and she says it ultimately coerced her into joining.

Another disciple involved in similar recruitment was Bisola.

Bisola says she was forced by Joshua to select young women for him to abuse

"TB Joshua asked me to recruit virgins for him… So that he could bring them into the disciple-fold and disvirgin them," she says.

She participated because of both "indoctrination" and threats of violence, she says, adding she herself was repeatedly raped by Joshua.

A number of women say they were under the age of legal of consent - which is 18 in Lagos state - when they were sexually assaulted or raped. This offence can lead to the death penalty in Nigeria.

Jessica Kaimu, now a broadcast journalist in Namibia, says she was just 17 and a virgin when Joshua raped her in the bathroom of his penthouse, within weeks of her becoming a disciple.

Jessica Kaimu says she was repeatedly raped by TB Joshua

"I was screaming and he was whispering in my ear that I should stop acting like a baby… I was so traumatised, I couldn't cry," she says.

Jessica says this encounter was repeated again and again, throughout the five years she spent as a disciple. Her account mirrors that of other women who spoke to the BBC, and also of accounts by four of Joshua's male personal servants who were given the job of clearing up the physical evidence of this abuse.

Many of the details of our interviewees' accounts are too graphic to publish. They include multiple first-hand accounts of women being stripped naked, and raped with objects - including one woman who says it happened to her twice before the age of 15.

"It was so painful, he violated me," the woman, who asked to remain anonymous, says. "Words cannot properly express it. It scarred me for life."

A number of interviewees who say they were raped and became pregnant by Joshua, explain how they were also then given forced abortions inside the compound - in an area known as the "medical department" or "clinic".

"It would all be done in secrecy," says Sihle, a South African former disciple, who says she had three forced abortions in the church.

"You are given a concoction to drink and you get sick. Or they put these metal pieces in your vagina and they extract whatever. And you don't know whether they're [accidentally] pulling out your womb."

Sihle wept throughout her interview, as did Jessica who says she was given five forced abortions.

Bisola says she witnessed "dozens" of abortions during her 14 years inside the church. At times, she says she would climb to the highest floor of the compound and cry, begging God to save her.

The disciples served Joshua's every need. They gave him massages, helped him dress, sprayed perfume when he entered the room. They placed plastic gloves on his hands so he could eat his food without touching a crumb.

Rather than call him by his name, they were all encouraged to address him as "Daddy." It's not uncommon for a Nigerian pastor in the Pentecostal tradition to be addressed this way, but the disciples say it was a term Joshua insisted on.

"My mind was like it had been shaken," says Anneka. "There was no cognitive clarity at all... Reality was skewed completely."

The physical design of the compound deepened their disorientation.

Rae proselytising for Synagogue Church of all Nations in one of their broadcasts - the disciples say they worked unpaid for the church for long hours each day

"It was a maze of staircases," says Rae.

In 2014, the construction cost lives. A six-storey guest house built for international guests collapsed, killing at least 116 people.

A subsequent local government report found structural failure and shoddy building work to be the cause of the collapse. No-one has ever been prosecuted.

Some of our interviewees told us they believe the death toll was significantly higher than reported, explaining that a number of Nigerian nationals who had been working on the guesthouse were not listed as victims, and that church members had botched rescue attempts and hidden bodies at night.

They say Joshua also prevented the emergency services from assisting rescue efforts in the immediate aftermath, ever aware of his public profile.

His grip on communication was always tight, our sources say.

Rae says it was only after she left that she realised that her family and friends had been sending her emails. She had never received them.

Joshua restricted disciples' access to phones and email accounts, our interviewees say.

"He wanted to control everybody, everything," says Agomoh Paul. "What he was really scrambling for [was] the control of people's minds."

The disciples say they were made to work, without pay, for long hours each day - running all aspects of the megachurch. All say sleep deprivation was routine, with lights left on in the dormitories at night.

Anneka says they never had more than four hours of sleep at a time.

Scoan continues to thrive today, under the leadership of Joshua's widow, Evelyn

If anyone was caught napping without permission, or contravening any other of Joshua's rules, they would be punished. Nineteen former disciples described witnessing violent attacks or torture within the compound, carried out by Joshua or on his orders.

Other disciples described being stripped and whipped themselves, with electrical cables and a horse whip known as a koboko. Among those allegedly targeted in this way were trainee disciples as young as seven.

The compound in Lagos had 12ft-high [3.7m] walls and armed guards. But what really kept the disciples there was the fanatical loyalty he generated, and deep-rooted fears instilled by Joshua about what might happen to them if they did escape.

"It was a psychological prison," says Rae. "It's extremely difficult to understand how somebody can go through psychological abuse to the extent that they lose their critical thinking."

"SCOAN fits the definition of a cult rather precisely," says Dr Alexandra Stein, an honorary fellow at the University of Sussex and member of The Family Survival Trust, which raises public awareness of cult groups.

She has encountered multiple SCOAN survivors, and says Joshua isolated his victims, putting them through "coercively controlling processes of stress, fear, guilt and shame". She adds this meant they became too frightened to leave.

All the BBC interviewees spoke of "brainwashing", "indoctrination" and "mind control" - and many described life as a disciple under Joshua as like being in a "cult".

Rae says for her, it is the psychological torture that has left the deepest scars. She says Joshua subjected her to a form of punishment known as "adaba" for two years, during which she was forbidden from leaving the compound, and nobody inside was allowed to talk to her.

"I was basically in total isolation… I had a complete breakdown," she says. "I tried to commit suicide five times."

Rae is now back in the UK after 12 years in the Scoan compound

In being pushed to the brink, something cracked in Rae's mind. Twelve years of indoctrination began to unravel.

"He made a huge mistake, he lost control of me," she says.

While travelling with the church on a tour to Mexico, Rae slipped away from the disciples. She never went back.

Her life is now very different. But she has to live with the disappointment that there is no way to hold Joshua to account.

"TB Joshua dying before facing justice for the atrocities he committed, has been deeply frustrating. It's only added to the gross sense of injustice felt by all of us as his victims."

We contacted SCOAN with the allegations in our investigation. They did not respond to them, but denied previous claims against TB Joshua.

"Making unfounded allegations against Prophet TB Joshua is not a new occurrence… None of the allegations was ever substantiated," they wrote.

Additional reporting by Maggie Andresen, Yemisi Adegoke and Ines Ward

BBC
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by drsibz66(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16
D4gmail1:

Dear Keyboard warrior. Hahahaha, i know your type, you can say this because you hide behind a screen. All the same go and lick your wounds. No matter the name you try to call me, Your magician a.k.a con-man has been exposed long before BBC.

Your bible says "If the blind lead the blind, they both fall into a ditch".

If you have not figured this out yet, then you are delusional.

If you cannot swear with your life that he is fake then STFU. Stupid, idiotic , unexposed, myopic, deluded and sentimental black man that judges a man based on hear say. How about hearing from the accused ? Oh sorry he is dead, dead men can't defend themselves so what ever anyone says goes. Bring facts and evidences if you want people to believe your story not going to BBC to concoct stories and then expect every body in the society to swallow it. Until then keep quiet.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by D4gmail1: 3:25pm On Jan 16
drsibz66:

If you cannot swear with your life that he is fake then STFU. Stupid, idiotic , unexposed, myopic, deluded and sentimental black man that judges a man based on hear say. How about hearing from the accused ? Oh sorry he is dead, dead men can't defend themselves so what ever anyone says goes. Bring facts and evidences if you want people to believe your story not going to BBC to concoct stories and then expect every body in the society to swallow it. Until then keep quiet.

Sorry o, Magican's defender. Tell your shrine management, sorry I meant church management if you think you have one, to go to BBC to defend themselves.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by ifeco4(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16
naturefellow:
he's a dundee! TB is late. But SCOAN is still around.
More importantly, truth must be told.

And Scoan will definitely be using the same strategy.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41am On Jan 18
I AM HAPPY TB JOSHUA DIED & HIS LEGACY DESTROYED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuwx-iKrds
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:45am On Jan 18
Ajoke Is 100 % TB Joshua's Biological Daughter, Here Is Why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHc901Ys1VA
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46pm On Jan 19
Prophet T.B Joshua Exposed By Daughter, Disciples & Prayer Warriors Over Rituals With Virgins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE1GHM3n6y8
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21
I WAS WITH TB JOSHUA, I LIVED WITH HIM. HE IS NOTHING BUT SATAN...SAYS REV. JIMOH SULAIMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieCvPCA0wE
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by Chukwuka319(m): 6:53am On Jan 23
kokoA:
I guess your definition of answered prayers is having a billion in your account and yes I am married to the most peaceful wife any man can wish for and we can afford the basic things of life in excess.
Congratulations to you, brother.It is really a great privilege meeting and marrying a woman who will bring you peace, and support you in life,not all these Jezebelic women we have these days.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21am On Jan 28
Exclusive Interview With TB Joshua's Ex-Disciple | I Was The First To See Ajoke | Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKQYbyfDyo

The resemblance with her father is striking. cool
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07
TB Joshua: Why We Petitioned & Invited Govt to Investigate - Bisola Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY68JhehLZI
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50am On Feb 12
ifeco4:

And Scoan will definitely be using the same strategy.

That is their foundation. cool
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16
The Cult Of TB Joshua - Our Generation's Most Evil Pastor?
Isaiah Saldivar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvekdeUsHmc

Man of God? Or predatory cult leader? A ground-breaking investigation into the world famous televangelical preacher, TB Joshua, told by the people closest to him: his Disciples.

Two young women in Britain watch a VHS tape that will change the course of their lives forever: a Nigerian preacher can apparently heal the sick, cure cancer and AIDS. They decide to visit his church in Lagos to meet him. Joshua invites the teenagers to become his disciples, joining dozens of other young people who live on the church premises and do his every bidding. But life as a disciple isn’t what they imagined.

A shocking journey into a maze of manipulation and terrifying atrocities – perpetrated by one of the most powerful religious figures of the 21st century. This new major investigation contains detailed first-person testimony and historical footage as the series delves into the experiences of those who were wooed by the world-famous pastor into his religious cult, only to suffer devastating consequences. Twelve survivors go on record, speaking out together for the first time.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Feb 19
Responding to the Allegations Against Mike Bickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTSlCI6J7C4
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15
Late TB Joshua - More Dark Secrets Revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-C--YCRuU
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by aspabay(m): 5:26pm On Apr 19
MySolace:

I've seen her in their pictures... E dey online.

Wait, are u doubting she's d daughter of TB Joshua?

If she's not, dats d first thing the family would refute...

She is not his daughter.
Re: TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19
aspabay:

She is not his daughter.

Ajoke’s Truth Cannot Be Drowned By Manipulative Videos From SCOAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6DEJ_tZZI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Pastor Gives Church Members Beer During Deliverance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.