Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About (32826 Views)

3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria / Get Quick Loan To Pay House Rent From Page Financials / How Do I Increase My House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mandate1: 3:08pm On Jan 16
ceejayluv:

Govt has built some low cost housing estates but they End up being hijacked and sold by "cabals" in govt.
then they dint build anything.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Kingdavid579(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16
morgan100:
Recently my family and I moved to Abuja and getting accommodation has been a serious issue. Not that there is no accommodation, however, the cost is something else. We tried Orozo, hell.
I have some brand new house in Orozo for you 250k.. Google Dayeb Nigeria Limited

3 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by dhoncesar(m): 3:10pm On Jan 16
Rent here in Lagos is something else.... Somewhere around abuleegba, my younger brother stays in a two bedroom flat and paid 600k yearly. While my younger sister who just got a room self apartment paid 850 total package while yearly is 650k

In same area I saw a 2bedroom for 1.2m

House owners just tend to upgrade their building and put prices on them while some buildings are still the old school type which are still expensive as well... I don't think 30-50k salary can help build a future . That's why most youth of now are looking for work with accomodation . May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by OBTMOS(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16
ATEAMS:
No try Abuja....

U go cry .
Omoh then increase my rent from 750 to 900k this year for Gwarimpa
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mcslize: 3:11pm On Jan 16
JasonNOTStatham:
Depends on location (school area, rural and suburban seems doable)

Bedsitter 70-150K +

1 BR 90 - 180K +

2 BR 170- 300K +

Still... minimum wage (35K) won't be feasible for rent in solid 6 figures.

These rents you posted will only be feasible for old houses. A standard bed sitter with POP, standard kitchen cabinet, heater and wardrobe, you won't even see it for 250k.

There was 1 spacious 1 bed room flat somebody posted in one WhatsApp group I am in. It goes for 620k including every other fees. Actual rent was 450k.

The apartment is fine though. So, it's worth it. But those fees up there, can only be possible for old houses with those old asbestos ceilings.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Kaiser20: 3:13pm On Jan 16
Earthquakes:
Once you build your own
You can decide to lease it out for free. smiley

But by the way Nigeria has the cheapest house rent in the world, my one-month rent in Canada is my 3 yrs rent in PH.

But yes you can always find a way to make the money unlike in Nigeria.
You no serious
You Dey play. Just imagine comparing PH with Canada bills

3 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 3:14pm On Jan 16
JasonNOTStatham:
Depends on location (school area, rural and suburban seems doable)

Bedsitter 70-150K +

1 BR 90 - 180K +

2 BR 170- 300K +

Still... minimum wage (35K) won't be feasible for rent in solid 6 figures.

Sto'playing, the cheapest 2 bedroom I have come across in my city is 350k and some of them na half tiles.
Most of the good ones starts from 400k.

And the place is not even an industrialize or heavily populated city o.

Them increase one of my paddy house rent from 300k to 700k last year December after doing small renovation just to justify the stew pead increase.

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Shikena(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16
Greed-driven.

You can mention all the basic laws of economics influencing this but the main fuel is the greed of a typical myopic Nigerian who doesn't care how his/her actions affect everybody.

A groundnut seller will double the price because dollar rate increased, you import am?

A vehicle importer will ship a car to Nigeria & some idiots will add all sorts of ridiculous costs making it impossible to sell at affordable price.

Someone will build rental properties with his sweat & many are lining up for their share each time a lease is done, all the cost is transferred to the renter.

We are our own worst enemies. Greedy fools.

3 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Akinpresident: 3:19pm On Jan 16
You can rent 2 bedroom flat with dining and visitors toilet at Trade More estate in Umuahia Abia state for 175k annually. Unless maybe the landlord added a little extra benefit, it could reach 180 or maybe 200k.
And yes, there's water there, there's security as well. The estate is also close to the main market, it's actually 5mins drive.

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by LeeSmart: 3:20pm On Jan 16
A friend of mine had relocate back to the north with his family last year February due to to high increment in rent by port-harcourt landlords..... I will forever remain grateful to my parents for surprising me with a fully furnished 3 bedroom apartment in port-harcourt as my wedding gift.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Tooreda: 3:21pm On Jan 16
chccho:
If u feel house rent here is too high u can try UK, USA, South Africa

See nonsense comparison.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mcslize: 3:22pm On Jan 16
JasonSleek:
You and me both. Lol! my current rent price is a COMPLETE steal! The facilities/price ratios are too good to be true! in places like even surulere, na 2M+ i for dey pay.

That's because you rented directly from the house owner. If you pass through agents, they would have inflated the price for you.

Nigeria agents are wicked.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mcslize: 3:26pm On Jan 16
ravensckar:
It's just getting started o. Sometimes, I wonder how the upcoming generation will 'breathe'.

Around Sangotedo area where I currently stay (Close to BLENCO), a decent Room & Parlour self contain used to be 450K-500K per annum. Now, it's around 650K-700K. 2 bedroom flat then used to be 700K-750K, it's now 900K-1M.

I had a quarrel with my landlord late last year about the Compound Gate & pumping machine. Baba dey threaten me with Quit Notice. Meself dey shout for am sey I no send. After scouting for houses nearby and hearing the price, na me use my two leg go make peace. It's now I know why the other tennants have remained loyal. cheesy cheesy

Lagos landlord no be anybody mate. cheesy cheesy
May God help me to finish my house too this year, I don tire to dey pay rent and still dey act humble.

Yours is even good. You've even started building yours. What about people that haven't even bought common nails let alone plot of land where they will build.

Thank God o.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mcslize: 3:30pm On Jan 16
Tonididdyx:

E still dey
Eg Edo.

Which Edo? All those old Edo houses right? Edo people that don't like building good houses for tenants to rent. It's recently some persons have started building modern standard houses that come with basic features like POP, kitchen cabinet and wardrobe. Old houses full Edo.

1 Like

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Ericejeg: 3:33pm On Jan 16
Don't be deceived. Know your income and choose location to live.

Lagos has many local government, but everybody want to live in island, surulere or lekki environment. I bet you 30year u won't achieved anything in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by chccho(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16
Tooreda:

See nonsense comparison.
Carry your nonsense comment comot here... If u want cheap rent go your village...
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Franklyspeakin: 3:35pm On Jan 16
Vote better president una say no. It is well

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Mcslize: 3:37pm On Jan 16
Nijimog:
what area in egbeda has good light and water

Because most agent lie a lot about getting good houses for somebody, just to collect your money

After Nigeria politicians, fear Nigeria agents. Ask them if they have a 1 bed room flat with pop, kitchen cabinet and wardrobe in Sabisa forest, they will surely tell you YES, they have. I need this in Sabisa forest o. They will answer Yes na. We have enough. You can choose the one u want. Is it not in Sabisa forest you need it? We get up to 3 there. You will have to choose.

The next question is what's your budget? But it's when they take you to the house you will know most agents are liars and wicked. They will go and show you one old house with no pop.

Make these agents dey fear God sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Timeshalltell(m): 3:40pm On Jan 16
Rent for Naija cheap sef. For Gh, room and parlor self contained. Lowest na 400k.

3 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Franklyspeakin: 3:43pm On Jan 16
God bless you.
Flier:
Go and build house if it’s easy,cost of building materials is now multiply by 3
The worse is you can never make the money you used to build the house back in 20 years.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Sirseedorf(m): 3:43pm On Jan 16
After devil, politician na Nigeria agent remain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16
koladebrainiac:
Paid for my house rent in Ibafo for room and parlour self contain for , total package 280 felt like a steal they pursued me from Lagos A single bedroom self contain 350k total package 480k 2x2 room o wit not running water

Unless you are self-employed or you work from home.

Your transport expenses will be more than the 200k you saved by paying for accomodation at Ibafo

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Oyindamolah: 3:47pm On Jan 16
Nazgul:

170-300k for 2 bedroom flat in Nigeria?

Wake up bro, we're 2024 not 2014.

You won't even see a standard 2bedroom flat for 300k in Abakaliki sef.
E dey joor
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by scarra: 3:48pm On Jan 16
Rent has really been exorbitant especially in Lagos. Rent will be said to be 500k then the total package will round up to atleast 850k especially with the agents you find on social media platforms and that excluding the inspection fee they charge on properties that’s not theirs. Things are definitely getting worse and I don’t think there is an end in sight to this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Oyindamolah: 3:48pm On Jan 16
Nijimog:
Renting house has become a big issue for low income earners in the country.

Landlords on their part are not helping issues, they are just increasing rent at any slightest inflation being conveyed.

E sure me say a lot of people go reach village this year, the way things are going

1) To the elders with experience, how do u navigate or cope

2) Where in Lagos can an individual rent a good house(with good light and good water facility)

3) like how much an individual need to get a good house in Lagos or any state in naija

Some of us are just managing

This life is not 4 the weak

Suggestions, criticism are welcomed...

Mods put the post in the right section
Your annual income should not be more than 10% of your rent. Save 20k monthly and you would pay your rent.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Procashtips(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16
Earthquakes:
Once you build your own
You can decide to lease it out for free. smiley

But by the way Nigeria has the cheapest house rent in the world, my one month rent in Canada is my 3 yrs rent in PH.

But yes you can always find a way to make the money unlike in Nigeria.

And your 1 month salary is?
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by koladebrainiac(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16
emmanuelewumi:

Unless you are self-employed or you work from home.

Your transport expenses will be more than the 200k you saved by paying for accommodation at Ibafo
its just 4 hundred naira go -come for my tfare, e no far from my house
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by adubam(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16
morgan100:
Recently my family and I moved to Abuja and getting accommodation has been a serious issue. Not that there is no accommodation, however, the cost is something else. We tried Orozo, a good one-bedroom flat goes for 400k, which was high, we tried one-man-village after Maraba going to Masaka, same story. My budget was even 250 to 300k, Omo, I am frustrated already.

Funny enough, the houses that can go for 300k won't have running water, ancient houses that you will have to spend money on to renovate.

And you see those Abuja agents, most of them will have a special place in hell. They have shown me shege.

Up until now, we have not been able to secure an apartment.

Try Dagbana Jikwoyi. Good houses but a bit inside but far more closer than Orozo and better than Maraba, One-man-village in terms of traffice flow

1 Like

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Procashtips(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16
Flier:
Go and build house if it’s easy,cost of building materials is now multiply by 3
The worse is you can never make the money you used to build the house back in 20 years.

Any house that wasn't built within the last 10 yrs should not be collecting the same rent with recent houses.

Makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by jmoore(m): 3:53pm On Jan 16
I hope those lamenting about house rent are not same people mocking those still living in their father's house.

6 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by aspabay(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16
Sonnobax15:
grin
Should we blame the landlords?

Hell no!!! You can't blame them when cost of building materials is steadily increasing...
P

Lame excuse. Do they get to rebuild their houses again every year?

3 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:56pm On Jan 16
That small money wey you get better enjoy it alone today, na the one wey you chop you go carry cross over to the other side! The govt is very wicked and I am against them! Enjoying myself everyday!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Moment 6-Storey Building Collapsed In Banana Island, Lagos (Video) / Plots Of Land @ Oakwood Park Estate Near RCCG Redemption Camp Nigeria (Pictures) / Prices Of Doors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.