Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? (23521 Views)

My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / Human Rights Activist In The House Pls Help My Lil Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by brain54(m): 11:51am On Jan 17
Wait o...

You want him to play with boys.

That's gay!
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:52am On Jan 17
youngreva:
You are obviously…JEALOUS of him.

You’re a a twisted mf

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 11:53am On Jan 17
allthingsgood:

Not every male likes football
he doesn't have to like football. He is still at the formation stages and at this stage, they can be programmed to like whatever. From getting him a soccerball; he would automatically starts attracting boys in his hood and from their he starts making friends with them unintentionally. So playing soccer or making him love it is not the goal but attracting BOYS.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Henix(m): 11:53am On Jan 17
DivinegiftofGod:
Please stop him now because he has gay tendencies.

That was hoy one boy was always playing with us girls and before long he started behaving like a girl. He would clap his hands and gesticulate like a girl anytime he and someone is quarreling. We didn't know about gay then. It was later after we had come off age, I realized that boy was gay.

Take him to all boys boarding school let him go and mingle with boys like him.

And u think boys boarding school wouldn't do him more harm than good?

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 11:54am On Jan 17
brain54:
Wait o...

You want him to play with boys.

That's gay!
that's the right thing to do at 10. Plz stop the shit of gay. He is trying to get a solution

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by allthingsgood: 11:55am On Jan 17
betshopagent:
he doesn't have to like football. He is still at the formation stages and at this stage, they can be programmed to like whatever. From getting him a soccerball; he would automatically starts attracting boys in his hood and from their he starts making friends with them unintentionally. So playing soccer or making him love it is not the goal but attracting BOYS.

But what if the boys he attracts are gay Then what you are trying to avoid is what u will now use your hand to start
Leave the poor boy alone pls

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Tonyfx: 11:56am On Jan 17
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone.

Also looking out for the best way possible to handle this, need advice from mainly parents please.

Thanks.

Personally I think he's just trying to socialize among his peers and unfortunately his peers are females let's not forget that games and computers isn't socializing. I'd suggest you take him out even if it's for ice cream 🍦 let him feel relaxed then have a brotherly conversation with him about it and from there you would know how to advice him better. Just my opinion. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by allthingsgood: 11:57am On Jan 17
DivinegiftofGod:
Please stop him now because he has gay tendencies.

That was hoy one boy was always playing with us girls and before long he started behaving like a girl. He would clap his hands and gesticulate like a girl anytime he and someone is quarreling. We didn't know about gay then. It was later after we had come off age, I realized that boy was gay.

Take him to all boys boarding school let him go and mingle with boys like him.

70% of the boys in all boys school experience homosexuality at different stages.
Infact, the fastest way to make a child explore homosexual tendencies is to send him to all boys school. where do u think all their youthful virile sexual energy goes to? Prayer Lol

3 Likes

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by lolu2019: 11:58am On Jan 17
chijiokecosmos:
I don't comment on rubbish posts.
u just did.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 11:59am On Jan 17
allthingsgood:

But what if the boys he attracts are gay Then what you are trying to avoid is what u will now use your hand to start
Leave the poor boy alone pls
at this age you hardly see boys whom are gay. It's rare so we work with mostly what is attainable. It's also what most of us experienced.And also, his making friends with boys would balance the equation. It would not completely void his relationship with girls.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Bullfallo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17
Guy follow your mind and instincts. Its very important.

Just follow as your mind is telling you. When i was young I wasn’t comfortable playing with girls. Those of my friends who always play with girls turn out to be woman wrapper. Like gossiping and trait behavior that is not common among men.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by lolu2019: 12:01pm On Jan 17
betshopagent:
good advice.better,he enroll him in a football club.boarding school won't change him from behaving like a girl.if he is gay,he will meet people like him at the hostel.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Bluffly: 12:01pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone. This festive season, I traveled to my family house and noticed something.

We rented out the 2 bedroom in our compound to this couple with a little girl around 4 year old I think.

Understand that my lil Bro (10) is the last born, so he stays with my Mom and 3 other of my sisters including the eldest. He is very close to our last sister (13), they do literally everything together.

So I noticed whenever our last sister plays with this our neighbour's kid, my lil Bro leaves whatever he's doing to join them. He grew up with the ladies in the house though cos My dad is late so I'm more like the father figure now. I don't live with them, the 2nd boy (17) lives with me and is in the university at my state of residence. This is a new estate we moved into and unlike our former estate where he goes out to play with his peers at the play ground, this one is very quiet and more like OYO (on your own).

Normally, there's a gaming console in the house and also a desktop computer, put them all in the house last year, he could make use of that whenever he's bored but he choose to play with the girls. My Mom doesn't have a problem with that but I don't want him to start behaving like a girl or something, so I'm considering putting him in a good boarding school cos he's too young to come stay with me at the moment.

Also looking out for the best way possible to handle this, need advice from mainly parents please.

Thanks.
He needs people like him to interact with you said you bought game consoles. Are those games human being
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by CalmElder(m): 12:02pm On Jan 17
I will be worried too.
Growing up in the midst of women with a female neighbor as playmate is not the ideal childhood for a boy.

How is he going to experience male aggression, boy talk, hunting, male sporting activities, learning to stand up for himself if he remains with your mom?

Whatever your heart is telling you to do, listen to it.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by tishbite43: 12:03pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone. This festive season, I traveled to my family house and noticed something.

We rented out the 2 bedroom in our compound to this couple with a little girl around 4 year old I think.

Understand that my lil Bro (10) is the last born, so he stays with my Mom and 3 other of my sisters including the eldest. He is very close to our last sister (13), they do literally everything together.

So I noticed whenever our last sister plays with this our neighbour's kid, my lil Bro leaves whatever he's doing to join them. He grew up with the ladies in the house though cos My dad is late so I'm more like the father figure now. I don't live with them, the 2nd boy (17) lives with me and is in the university at my state of residence. This is a new estate we moved into and unlike our former estate where he goes out to play with his peers at the play ground, this one is very quiet and more like OYO (on your own).

Normally, there's a gaming console in the house and also a desktop computer, put them all in the house last year, he could make use of that whenever he's bored but he choose to play with the girls. My Mom doesn't have a problem with that but I don't want him to start behaving like a girl or something, so I'm considering putting him in a good boarding school cos he's too young to come stay with me at the moment.

Thanks.
The boarding school might be worse o
Picture him being gay
I can only advise you to train him yourself. Let him attend a mix school. And when you are free, take to where he can play football with kids.
Boarding school is very dicey. One, he might be sexually bullied or he'll lose confidence around women.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Kaido: 12:03pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:

Not that Sir, I was just thinking if I could balance things up with him.
Don't know if you understand.
I understand you. He is a modern kid.

I have a 13 years old nephew that behaves same. Plays with lil girls of 7-11, watches Nickoledeon and Disney shit. I don vex tire but modern kids are wired differently.

When I was 13, I have started listening to Hip-hop, watching Channel O, MTV, playing Sega Mega Drive and cartoon network was awesome then. I rolled with lil homies my age, we stomped orchards to pluck orange & mangoes. At about the same age, we went out to hunt for honey after reading "The Adventure of Souza" our faces were swollen up from bees sting. I fvcking miss my childhood.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by ObalendeCMS: 12:06pm On Jan 17
Your lil bro might easily be emasculated later in future if you do not do something about this soon.

Or he may end up being a baby father in the near future.
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by brain54(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17
betshopagent:
that's the right thing to do at 10. Plz stop the shit of gay. He is trying to get a solution
OK then seriously...

When you were 10 did you not enjoy playing with females? (assuming you are a guy)

Except he is molesting or showing other signs of "female tendencies" I see nothing wrong with playing with the opposite sex at his age or any other age for that matter.

People worry about unnecessary issues these days!
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by kendological(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:

Thanks.
Don't project your insecurities on an innocent boy.
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17
lolu2019:
good advice.better,he enroll him in a football club.boarding school won't change him from behaving like a girl.if he is gay,he will meet people like him at the hostel.
well said but I will not advocate for football club because to me that's EXTREME. Because, it would be like joapardizing his career. He should only be sent to football club or academy if he has the talent or if he has gr8 passion for it. I would only recommend the OP gets him a ⚽ ball and he should be allowed to play with those boys when comes around to play with him.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17
brain54:

OK then seriously...

When you were 10 did you not enjoy playing with females? (assuming you are a guy)

Except he is molesting or showing other signs of "female tendencies" I see nothing wrong with playing with the opposite sex at his age or any other age for that matter.

People worry about unnecessary issues these days!
at that age I had lots of female friends and boys too. It was well balanced.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by lolu2019: 12:14pm On Jan 17
betshopagent:
well said but I will not advocate for football club because to me that's EXTREME. Because, it would be like joapardizing his career. He should only be sent to football club or academy if he has the talent or if he has gr8 passion for it. I would only recommend the OP gets him a ⚽ ball and he should be allowed to play with those boys when comes around to play with him.
ok,I just used football as an example.it can be any other sports or music.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by nathpope(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17
And you think taking him to a boarding school would be a good idea?
I cld sense you are trying to prevent the situation whereby your brother turns a (fe)male or starts doing female stuffs.

Boarding school is the haven of such practices you are trying to avoid.

Be wary..

Cooolme:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by dreamwords: 12:15pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:

Thanks.
you forgot to tell us your age as well after telling us the age of every one in your story,
we are wating
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by betshopagent(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17
lolu2019:
ok,I just used football as an example.it can be any other sports or music.
ok
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Theweekend: 12:15pm On Jan 17
yomi007k:

Putting him in boarding school is a good idea.

It will help him mix with guys and be more independent. When he gets home he can mix with the girls so everything will be balanced.
u and mixing eh
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by The1960writer: 12:16pm On Jan 17
I see no problems here, he's been human - in trying to interact with those he finds relatable in his environment - you do not expect him to search for grannies in the area to relate with. If there were boys around for him to play with, I bet he would go out to play with them. Allow him some freedom, do not stifle that child's cognitive development.

The question that comes to mind is, why does this make you uncomfortable? What are your childhood issues that has formed that mindset in you? Deal with them and you will see, that that boy has no problem. I've watched a boy grow among females, his dad was abroad. Even in church, he was among female ministers. Today, he is a preacher and I have never seen an alpha male like that guy. What you become in life is your choice.

Regarding your boarding school plan, have you considered if it's best for him or what you want is what is most important? From my experience in a boarding school decades ago, life there has its pros and cons. You won't be there to watch him, will you? You won't be there for him when he's been bullied to the point that he hates school. You won't be there when a senior boy with homosexual tendencies tries to lure or browbeat him into becoming his 'babe'.
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Edusouls(m): 12:16pm On Jan 17
Kai Kai take him to boarding school to mingle with fellow boyz and become like a boy he is, small time the terrible spirit of women would possess him and he would start doing bad things and he may turn into something else in future, act fast
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by brain54(m): 12:16pm On Jan 17
betshopagent:
at that age I had lots of female friends and boys too. It was well balanced.
OP didn't state that he avoids males...

It's just what is available for him to interact and play with in that neighborhood.

I enjoyed playing with female kids growing up... Even though I was a bit shy around them.

Boys will always be boys... Except he starts showing other signs then nothing to worry about!
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Lightorder: 12:19pm On Jan 17
immortalcrown:
You have not specifically pointed out what is wrong with he playing with the girl. Are you hiding something here? Saying that he may begin to behave like girls is very silly. How many boys that grew up in the midst of girls behave like girls? And what guarantee do you have that a boarding school will not corrupt him?
no mind am .Na to bite am for head dey hungry me
Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by allthingsgood: 12:20pm On Jan 17
betshopagent:
at this age you hardly see boys whom are gay. It's rare so we work with mostly what is attainable. It's also what most of us experienced.And also, his making friends with boys would balance the equation. It would not completely void his relationship with girls.

clearly you dont know what you are talking about. Most gay men will tell you they knew they were gay from childhood.

The truth is that, if that boy is gay, nothing you do in this world will change it. You cant "correct" nature.
But that said, playing with girls does not mean he is gay or will even act girly.
Remember that all foetuses start out as girls. i see no reason why children cant innocently play as they like, without you adults foisted your poisoned intentions on them.

2 Likes

Re: My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? by Lightorder: 12:23pm On Jan 17
Cooolme:

What brought this one now?
Did you see me mention something like this?
You're weird.
Oga, he asked a very wise question. Sexual molestation is the only fear that could prompt that your question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.