Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . (35437 Views)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos / Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History / Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Forbes Highest Paid NBA Players 2018 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by RealAAdekunjo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17
An inspirational video. It depicts everything that success comprises. However, why didn't he visit his father's family? Why was it only his mother's side he had a lunch with?
Is it that once a man is dead, his line of family becomes alienated?

1 Like

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by itsIYKE(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17
PROUDIGBO:

Hope you two sides don't start dragging the poor boy and tear his arms off in the process! sad
His only Nigerian name is Ugo short for ugochukwu…. Don’t know what you are talking about
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Sleekfingers: 1:53pm On Jan 17
Tonididdyx:
He will surely be back as you see that swallow... "He won't forget it in a hurry! "

Are there no Nigerian restaurants in Greece?
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by obaidan: 1:54pm On Jan 17
a yoruba man and an igbo woman came together to make magic, but the dunce on nairaland are always fighting each other... u are there shouting he is igbo, No he is yoruba, yoruba lagba, igbo amaka, do you not feel dumb to yourself that the person on whose matter u are displaying your stupidity is proud to represent both tribes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by PoloG: 1:55pm On Jan 17
itsIYKE:
Where did you see Adetokumbo in his name grin……e pain am……you clearly saw Ugo short for ugochukwu which is his only Nigerian name undecided …….now cry me a river
his name is giannis adetokunbo but spelt in greek form.

he is a proud yoruba blood and not an omo igbo tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Emman08: 1:55pm On Jan 17
He should thank God his parents left Nigeria. If they remained, he'll only be known as "dogo" or that tall guy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Sleekfingers: 1:56pm On Jan 17
aspabay:
He is 100 % Yoruba.
Adetokunbo is the surname but misspelled in Greece as Antetokounmpo

The family has changed their name .
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17
sukkot:
Very sad story in how his dad and his mother hated each other’s culture and were trying to impose their own respective culture on the children. He said his dad would get angry if his mom tried to teach him Igbo and his mom would get angry if the dad tried to teach him Yoruba and because of that he never learnt any Nigerian language because he didn’t want to let any of his parents down by learning the others language and culture. Such a toxic environment.

Amebo, where did you hear this one!? Or you think it's not normal for children born abroad not to know how to speak their mother or father tongue? You have Nigerian families abroad whose parents are from one ethnicity, yet their kids don't speak their language! They may understand it, but it's hard to find the children speaking it fluently! Have you heard the boxer Joshua speaking Yoruba? Yet either both his paents are Yoruba....or his Mother is and his Dad isn't Nigerian, i can't remember now!

3 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by sukkot: 2:00pm On Jan 17
PROUDIGBO:

Amebo, where did you hear this one!? Or you think it's not normal for children born abroad not to know how to speak their mother or father tongue? You have Nigerian families abroad whose parents are from one ethnicity, yet their kids don't speak their language! They may understand it, but it's hard to find the children speaking it fluently! Have you heard the boxer Joshua speaking Yoruba? Yet either both his paents are Yoruba....or his Mother is and his Dad isn't Nigerian, i can't remember now!
buy data and watch the video bro. Everything I said I got from Gianni’s own mouth in the video

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Beverlyjean(f): 2:02pm On Jan 17
aspabay:
He is 100 % Yoruba.
Adetokunbo is the surname but misspelled in Greece as Antetokounmpo

Well..he chose igbo instead...cos he came out from an Igbo woman's womb... And he speaks abit of Igbo and ate Igbo food

2 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:04pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
yes. Ugochukwu sounds like the name of an animal.

Here's yet another accomplished Ugochukwu! Does he look like a 'animal' to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC445rBA0C0?si=vbnPxrn4WtK-cTAz

1 Like

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Beverlyjean(f): 2:04pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
when did giannis adetokumbo become unpleasant sounding ugochukwu?

Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy mukina2

Another tribal bigot spotted

3 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Beverlyjean(f): 2:07pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
yes. Ugochukwu sounds like the name of an animal.

Seun Nlfpmod dominique mukina2
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Beverlyjean(f): 2:08pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
it is the father i blame for marrying from that cursed tribe

Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy mukina2

U can see this tribal bigot

2 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by jaxxy(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17
Nice
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Maynmaynmayn: 2:12pm On Jan 17
ATEAMS:
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
So what's the purpose of it all after you die?
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Af0nja: 2:19pm On Jan 17
Lol home ke? He should go to the slums that's home
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by KosiGee(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
Great omoluabi putting the race on the world map cool

UGO
A homecoming story.

The name is Ugo. Those closest to him know him by that name.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by KosiGee(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
it is the father i blame for marrying from that cursed tribe

The name is Ugo. Deal with it.

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by AyakaDunukofia: 2:25pm On Jan 17
I wonder what the bigots would say if Giannis expresses interest in politics of Lagos in the near future. Would he be castigated for being 50 PERCENT ANAMBRA IGBO FROM ATANI?

Idioots everywhere?

4 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by Misterone: 2:25pm On Jan 17
itsIYKE:
Welcome home Ugochukwu……Igbos are great
Can Yoruba parents have an Igbo child?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:41pm On Jan 17
Misterone:
Can Yoruba parents have an Igbo child?

The guy is of both Yoruba and Igbo heritage!

3 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by wiseoneking: 3:04pm On Jan 17
PoloG:
He bears Igbo name Ugo that is ugochukwu: meaning Gods honor. All his brothers bears igbo names too. Igbo mother I think and probably Igbo grand mum too.?intermarriage between Omoluabi men and Igbo women always produce a stronger Omoluabi kids. The rate is extremely high. There is now fifty percent chances of having great Omoluabi children who are half Omoluabi and Igbo bloodline. They full here in the US. Most Omoluabi men here married SE women. The rate is high.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by trappatoni(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17
obaidan:
a yoruba man and an igbo woman came together to make magic, but the dunce on nairaland are always fighting each other... u are there shouting he is igbo, No he is yoruba, yoruba lagba, igbo amaka, do you not feel dumb to yourself that the person on whose matter u are displaying your stupidity is proud to represent both tribes.
They have problem on this nairaland oo...he has come to naija...simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by obaidan: 3:27pm On Jan 17
trappatoni:
They have problem on this nairaland oo...he has come to naija...simple
very simple. I wonder the job of moderators on this forum
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by obaidan: 3:40pm On Jan 17
PROUDIGBO:

Actually What Giannis himself said is an indication of that subtle rivalry(maybe not as unhealthy as it is on nairaland). When talking about the agabda and fabric, He said for once in his life he was able to put together where his dad and mum are from together, without feeling like he's letting one of them down, and believe me if a man has to live his life with 2 persons he loves and it feels like identifying with one is letting the other down, then it is truly going to be toxic. But then I think we should focus on what is important for the guy, which is coming back to NIGERIA and meeting his extended family
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by CJStarz: 4:04pm On Jan 17
Which part of Igbo land is he from,pls? Anyone to tell?
Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by pquaver(m): 4:11pm On Jan 17
PoloG:

His father is yoruba the momis igbo.. So is more like chinedu rhodes vivour...

So omoluabi annd igbo amaka to d world.. More like

3 Likes

Re: ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . by HBB1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17
wiseoneking:
He bears Igbo name Ugo that is ugochukwu: meaning Gods honor. All his brothers bears igbo names too. Igbo mother I think and probably Igbo grand mum too.?intermarriage between Omoluabi men and Igbo women always produce a stronger Omoluabi kids. The rate is extremely high. There is now fifty percent chances of having great Omoluabi children who are half Omoluabi and Igbo bloodline. They full here in the US. Most Omoluabi men here married SE women. The rate is high.

Most...?
Like 51% and above?

That's a very bogus lie!

...and marriage between Omoluabis produce weak children?
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong: Tottenham’s Coach Said I Will Never Make It As Footballer / 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) / PSG Opens New Offer For Cavani Just To Allow Neymar Take Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.