Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? (12437 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / Don't Marry Someone You're In Love With - Reno Omokri Advises / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by TheBrotherhood: 4:37am On Jan 18
Me: NO
If they can leave their parents,who am I that they can’t leave?🤷

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:42am On Jan 18
No na

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Mokason288(m): 4:43am On Jan 18
I will marry very very well

A lot of parents still need parenting

157 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by rdsco(m): 4:45am On Jan 18

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by larryking78(m): 5:07am On Jan 18
There are good parents and there are other parents that can obstruct marital blessings.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Reminderz: 5:23am On Jan 18
not recommended... find out the reason why they are no longer in terms with their biological parents... you would find out most of them have stupid reasons and unreasonable excuses...

and besides, you would want to marry into a stable and loved family... not scattered ones... unless the person is truly an orphan, then you have nothing to worry about...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Fisiryorh(m): 5:25am On Jan 18
Yes...

No be the parents I dey marry...

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by AchrafHakimi: 5:27am On Jan 18
It's even the best.

Nigerian marital problems are extended family related.
Less complicated if you're dealing with one person.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Klinxmanz(m): 5:48am On Jan 18
No,because there would be a time in the marriage that parental advice and assistance would be needed!!..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by superCleanworks(m): 6:15am On Jan 18
You want to start a family with someone who has a fractured sense of family? Risky.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Waffarianman(m): 6:32am On Jan 18
Mokason288:
I will marry very very well

A lot of parents still need parenting

True talk alot of parents need parenting advice

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by YoungLionken(m): 7:56am On Jan 18
Well, it depends on the situation or what led to it. But in most cases, it doesn't end well..

Normally, it's disrespectful to disown one's parents (except it's really worth it), if your partner could do that, then it's just a matter of time before she replicates same in your home or to your parents...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Demigod22: 8:17am On Jan 18
I can comfortably marry someone like that when the reason for excommunicating her parents is concrete and logical. I will gladly marry her.

For me, I can stay five years without hearing from my biological mother and I won't be bothered. I can't even tell her I love you, the words won't come out of my mouth. We don't have relationship, we only tolerate each other. She has never been there for me and the only time I had the opportunity to know her, she is not the loving mother.

Well, for my auntie, that's my father's younger sister, she is my world and my favorite. She is the one that have always been going extra mile for me, and whenever the idea of parents occur to me, she is the one I always see.

In this situation, I expect my partner to understand that what happened between my mother and I won't affect our marriage, because I will always be there for her and my children.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by revolt(m): 9:26am On Jan 18
Ruuuuuunnnnñnnnn.... thats a loose cannon. Ull b next

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Greystone: 9:53am On Jan 18
I wouldn’t.
I declined to date a friend years ago for this reason.
Despite living in the same town with her mother, she doesn’t speak or visit her mother at all. Used to live on her own.
Huge red flag to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Musty112: 11:59am On Jan 18
For one who value my own parents, It will be a bit hard. At least try to maintain a basic level of relationship with your parents not minding whatever they are. Parents can be a test in this life, how you fare in that test is an important matter before God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by tollyboy5(m): 11:59am On Jan 18
wink

Any girl wey no dey at peace with her father na Japa!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by jmoore(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18
Do you know the reason?
A father that molested his daughter.
And you think that's not a good reason to cut ties?

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Nokio2: 12:01pm On Jan 18
So I go carry myself enter generational curse..what a balablu logic
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by DrAda(f): 12:01pm On Jan 18
No
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by b3llo(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18
Yes. Some parents are terrible and very toxic. One has to stand up to their madness and wrongdoing.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by arms8022: 12:02pm On Jan 18
TheBrotherhood:
use Never

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Nokio2: 12:02pm On Jan 18
That is people like ngige and elrufai
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by casualobserver: 12:03pm On Jan 18
rdsco:

What if their parents are toxic?
Even for your sakes?

Like someone said earlier if you can abandon your parents you can abandon anybody.

As for your question about toxicity, even marriages become “toxic” If you cannot manage your parents “toxicity” and accept they are your parents, then when your marriage becomes “toxic” in your eyes you will walk.

Marriage is about responsibility not about convenience, if you are not responsible with your parents, you will not be responsible in marriage.

Finally if your parents are truly toxic, you are likely toxic yourself. The psychological damage to you is done and you can’t run away from yourself, so if anything it’s more reason one should avoid marrying someone who abandons so called “toxic” parents. It’s a clear advertisement that “I am toxic”.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Nursepepeye(f): 12:03pm On Jan 18
TheBrotherhood:
you no go pay bride price again be that na, na you go double as parent and husband

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by jaxxy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18
Not a big deal bt depends on the reason.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Greenfaces: 12:04pm On Jan 18
No oooooooo

It's better I hear that the parent did this or that or that but she still respects them, try to forgive and help them at old age even though she disapproves of their choices in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Skillsnigeria: 12:04pm On Jan 18
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by MadamExcellency: 12:04pm On Jan 18
Breaking ties with your family is evil. That they are toxic and hate me doesn't mean I should reciprocate as such. I wouldn't change my goodness and character for yours. It wouldn't happen. I am good and will remain a light in darkness.

There is a difference between disagreeing with your family and breaking ties a family which consists of father, mother, siblings and kins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by ukaface(f): 12:05pm On Jan 18
NO

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by jude33084(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18
nope
Re: Would You Marry Someone Who Has Broken Ties With Their Parents? by Badgers14: 12:07pm On Jan 18
TheBrotherhood:

It depends on why?

It is not a straight answer, you have to dig deep to understand why they broke ties with their parents , then think if their reason is "reason " enough before making a decision.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? / I Am Not Attracted To My Bf / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.