Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes (15694 Views)

Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / Makarfi, Ashiru, Others Deplore El-rufai’s Poor Governance In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by christistruth01: 3:06pm On Jan 18
Rahkman:
you Proudly denigrating lagos indigenes,when this lagos indigenes begin selling all their lands to igbos now,you will start crying igbos are buying up lagos

Do you see your Arrogance

Lagos Lands are Leased not bought

And it can be revoked if you are a nuisance like you are being now

It can be revoked if you don't pay the Yoruba Owners their Land rent

It can be revoked if you use their Land for Criminal purposes

It can be revoked if the State needs the Land

It can be revoked if it is discovered that the Lease was acquired using Fraudulent information or funds

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by OgaRico(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18
Be it as it may, it is worthy of note that, we are all migrants.

I am not sure of what 'Indigene' means but I know what the word 'Indigenous' means.
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by bong4(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18
lilytender:
They are MAD. The only natives if Lagos are the Eguns, any other group claiming natives should be prosecuted for attempted usurpation.

I am an Egba man, my family came from the current Ogun State into Lagos. The Aworis are from far away current Osun. The Ijebus including the Ikorodus and Epes are never Lagos indegenes. The Kwarans who have dominated Lagos for years came from fat away because there was and there is still nothing in their state, likewise the Edos.

The Brazilian and Ivory Coast slaves that were dumped in Lagos by the slave merchants will never ever become Lagos indegenes, that is why one cursed Shinedu Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour was abusing his forefathers in Brazil the other time. Brazilians will always be Brazilians.

Only the Eguns can legitimately claim to be indegenes of Lagos. Unfortunately for the Eguns, we Egbas, the Aworis and the usurping Kwarans have relegated the Eguns because the Eguns did not embrace Western Education in time

Read what you wrote and take note of the words in bold. If I deduce from your write-up, then it means Lagos has been governed by non-indigenes. Think very well and tell us if you aren't as "cursed" as the "Shinedu Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour" you are pouring aspersions on.

4 Likes

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Eriokanmi: 3:08pm On Jan 18
lilytender:
They are MAD. The only natives if Lagos are the Eguns, any other group claiming natives should be prosecuted for attempted usurpation.

I am an Egba man, my family came from the current Ogun State into Lagos. The Aworis are from far away current Osun. The Ijebus including the Ikorodus and Epes are never Lagos indegenes. The Kwarans who have dominated Lagos for years came from fat away because there was and there is still nothing in their state, likewise the Edos.

The Brazilian and Ivory Coast slaves that were dumped in Lagos by the slave merchants will never ever become Lagos indegenes, that is why one cursed Shinedu Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour was abusing his forefathers in Brazil the other time. Brazilians will always be Brazilians.

Only the Eguns can legitimately claim to be indegenes of Lagos. Unfortunately for the Eguns, we Egbas, the Aworis and the usurping Kwarans have relegated the Eguns because the Eguns did not embrace Western Education in time
Good and sit down. Egun people should take hold of badagry and environs. Badagry is just a fraction of lagos. Where would you put the aworis?

4 Likes

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 18
Problem no dey finish cheesy
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by yahoodetector: 3:09pm On Jan 18
One of them is from Ogun who was governor of Lagos state and is currently in Abuja is among the impersonators

2 Likes

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by omoredia: 3:10pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

Hehe na pikin wey fail like u dey fight for inheritance wey no be him own. Mugu

5 Likes

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Bayajjidda: 3:10pm On Jan 18
Elemosho478:
The journalist or useless blogger that wrote this is only interested in pushing propaganda to generate views.

The statement the group released was different from what the useless blogger wrote.

They requested for the Chief of Army staff to look into how some northerners wanted to use Lagos slots to enter the army, there was no where other South west states or anything like that were mentioned in the statement but blogger will do anything to generate traffic these days even if they have to twist an harmless statement and make it as controversial as possible.

Are all SWers indigenous to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by bong4(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18
Eriokanmi:
Una don dey wake up abi. When we told you to join hands with us, you were busy shouting awa lokan, celebrating someone who came all the way from iragbiji and suddenly became lagosian by default.

They can't even name one governor that is even from Lagos. The present Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly isn't from Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Biglittlelois(f): 3:15pm On Jan 18
Seun why is this on front page? The headline is totally different from the details in the article.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Ofemannnu: 3:15pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

lol
Did the Eguns too spring from the soil?
Everybody came from somewhere.
Most Yorubas including the Aworis,Kwarans etc came from Ife.
Most people who claim Lagos indigenes are the first Yorubas to arrive in Lagos.
If you come to Ogudu, Oba Fashola who is the king came from Kwara (his fore,forefathers).
They mingled with the Aworis,married one another but never forgot their history.
Most of the returnees to Lagos were originally either from Oyo,Ẹgba etc until they were brought to Lagos after being freed from slavery.
Lagos was 5 local govt initially but later expanded into becoming 15 local govt.
Some Western regioners were included.
Lagos has become to the Yorubas like oil is to the Niger Deltans.
My dad told me that the Kwarans were the first main developers of Lagos,buying lands in swamps,deserted places and developing them.
Even the first executive governor,Lateef Jakande was from Kwara.
The problem was that the acclaimed indigenes,Aworis,didn't quickly go into politics like their other Yoruba brethren.
If it were not for these people,non Yorubas would have taken over Lagos.
We should tread softly and go into politics so as to be in positions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:17pm On Jan 18
Bayajjidda:

Are all SWers indigenous to Lagos?
Nope. But South Westerners not indigineous to Lagos do not claim to be from Lagos. Everyone has agbole (compound) which is used in identifying ancestry in the SW. Even, there are agboles all over Lagos from Ojodu to Ishaga to Lagos Island to Lekki.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:20pm On Jan 18
yahoodetector:
One of them is from Ogun who was governor of Lagos state and is currently in Abuja is among the impersonators
And so what. No one fought for Lagos more than Awolowo and he is a proud Ijebu man from Ikenne in Ogun state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by porthouse7(f): 3:20pm On Jan 18
Rahkman:
you Proudly denigrating lagos indigenes,when this lagos indigenes begin selling all their lands to igbos now,you will start crying igbos are buying up lagos
and when Lagos state start demolishing the canal you calling land you start crying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by DMerciful(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18
You're not an indigene of Lagos!
Elemosho478:
The journalist or useless blogger that wrote this is only interested in pushing propaganda to generate views.

The statement the group released was different from what the useless blogger wrote.

They requested for the Chief of Army staff to look into how some northerners wanted to use Lagos slots to enter the army, there was no where other South west states or anything like that were mentioned in the statement but blogger will do anything to generate traffic these days even if they have to twist an harmless statement and make it as controversial as possible.
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by yahoodetector: 3:21pm On Jan 18
Raskimonojendor:

And so what. No one fought for Lagos more than Awolowo and he is a proud Ijebu man from Ikenne in Ogun state.

And a war criminal too.
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:21pm On Jan 18
yahoodetector:

And a war criminal too.
In the imaginary country called Biafria, but not in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by porthouse7(f): 3:22pm On Jan 18
UnknownT:
They termed a native, a son of the soil Igbo cos he contested election angry
that fool is more Igbo than Yoruba, the guy hate Yoruba and can’t speak or think yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by sukkot: 3:22pm On Jan 18
cry we real lagosians are tayad

eyo eeeee oooo eyo eeeeee eyo babantawa tofi golu nshere awa ole sobe nibode odile

1 Like

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by NextUK: 3:25pm On Jan 18
The Akiolu that seat on the throne in Lagos island is he also Egun ?

We're the Eguns also the original settlers in Mushin Shomolu Surulere Ketu etc ?

lilytender:

1 Like

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Beniyke1: 3:26pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

imagine! And all of you will be shouting “our Lagos! Our Lagos!!” even when many you don’t even know where you come from and how you and your forefathers landed in Lagos.

Look at how he is also talking disrespectful about the real indigenes of the land. Good enough you recognized them as the real owners of the land and not you all.

If other people call Lagos “no man’s land” now which it has actually proven to be you all will starting crying blood.

1 Like

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:27pm On Jan 18
sukkot:
cry we real lagosians are tayad

eyo eeeee oooo eyo eeeeee eyo babantawa tofi golu nshere awa ole sobe nibode odile
Stop bastadizing the Yoruba language. Thank you

Fixed for you below:
Eyo o
Ara'le eyo o
Eyo o
Ara'le eyo o
Eyo baba t'awa
Ti nfi goolu sere
Awa o ni san wo onibode
Odi ile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Bayajjidda: 3:27pm On Jan 18
Raskimonojendor:

Nope. But South Westerners not indigineous to Lagos do not claim to be from Lagos. Everyone has agbole (compound) which is used in identifying ancestry in the SW. Even, there are agboles all over Lagos from Ojodu to Ishaga to Lagos Island to Lekki.

So who claims to be from Lagos if not other SWers?
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by sukkot: 3:29pm On Jan 18
Raskimonojendor:

Stop bastadizing the Yoruba language. Thank you

Fixed for you below:
Eyo o
Ara'le eyo o
Eyo o
Ara'le eyo o
Eyo baba t'awa
Ti nfi goolu sere
Awa o ni san wo onibode
Odi ile
cheesy grin
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Throwback: 3:30pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

Wetin concern Egun with Lagos?

Does Egun boundary in Lagos extend beyond Badagry?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:30pm On Jan 18
Bayajjidda:

So who claims to be from Lagos if not other SWers?
I have never met a southwesterner not from Lagos who claims to be Omo eko. Alot of SW born in Lagos or whose parents were born in Lagos will still tell you they are from Ilesha, Abeokuta, Oro, Sagamu, Ife, Ekiti, Owo, e.t.c They are all proud of their ancestry and origin.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Birminghamvirgo(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

Something is wrong with you... You're an Egba man from Ogun State, period! We Lagosians know ourselves.
Ogun State comprises different Yoruba sub-ethnic groups, same as Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Kwara states respectively...
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 3:33pm On Jan 18
Creeper:

You can tell this accursed chimp isn’t Yoruba - he’s from the desolate pigsty in the SE. No real Yoruba person would call, Eguns, who are refugees from Abomey, the real indigenous people of Lagos.

The Eguns arrived in Badagry during the reign of King Ghezo, as guests of Oyo empire, after their homeland was sacked by Dahomey and they were received by the Aworis.

Anyway, a lot of you idiots that post nonsense online whilst being impostors are going to be dealt with soon. The guy, Tinubu, who gave you Nigerian internally refugees leverage in Lagos is now in Abuja and the indigenous people of Lagos are going to right his wrongs in due course.

And it’s either going to be by force or through legal means. If we have to kill a lot of you bastards to reduce your obsession with Lagos - we shall do it.
Truth be told, Tinubu brought that liberal rubbish nonsense. grin
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by GUNITGuy: 3:33pm On Jan 18
lilytender:

Egun are what .....Just the Fraction of Lagos state ....
As if we are not seeing Eguns from Benin Republic also taking citizenships of Lagos Nigeria....This are. Issues Lagos is facing ....Infact it got to a point the National I.D card stop issuing the card for People in Badagry...
.Just like Fulanis and Hausas in Niger are Claiming Katstina automatically becoming Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Ra.pe Newly Wed In Ogun / Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG / It’ll Be Disastrous If Tinubu Does Not Probe Buhari – Attahiru Bafarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.