Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes (15689 Views)

Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / Makarfi, Ashiru, Others Deplore El-rufai’s Poor Governance In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by SSpeter(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18
Raskimonojendor:

I have never met a southwesterner not from Lagos who claims to be Omo eko. Alot of SW born in Lagos or whose parents were born in Lagos will still tell you they are from Ilesha, Abeokuta, Oro, Sagamu, Ife, Ekiti, Owo, e.t.c They are all proud of their ancestry and origin.

Liar... Almost all my friends from other parts of the southwest obtained Lagos state of origin and they all claimed Lagos.
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by SSpeter(m): 11:29pm On Jan 18
GUNITGuy:

Fashola, Micheal Otedola are from Ikorodu, Ambode is from Epe
Go and check Amobde's state of origin when he wrote jamb
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by diego101(m): 6:15am On Jan 19
You are one of Nigerias problems

lilytender:
They are MAD. The only natives if Lagos are the Eguns, any other group claiming natives should be prosecuted for attempted usurpation.

I am an Egba man, my family came from the current Ogun State into Lagos. The Aworis are from far away current Osun. The Ijebus including the Ikorodus and Epes are never Lagos indegenes. The Kwarans who have dominated Lagos for years came from fat away because there was and there is still nothing in their state, likewise the Edos.

The Brazilian and Ivory Coast slaves that were dumped in Lagos by the slave merchants will never ever become Lagos indegenes, that is why one cursed Shinedu Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour was abusing his forefathers in Brazil the other time. Brazilians will always be Brazilians.

Only the Eguns can legitimately claim to be indegenes of Lagos. Unfortunately for the Eguns, we Egbas, the Aworis and the usurping Kwarans have relegated the Eguns because the Eguns did not embrace Western Education in time
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Nefort: 7:57am On Jan 19
Sctests:

I knew it would have been impossible to make your submission without dragging the Igbos into your problem.

Indigenes of Lagos told you migrants from Osun and Kwara to let them breathe in their state, but the only card you had to play was to go anti-Igbo, because you believe it is the only way to unite yoruba according to 'Ronu propaganda'. grin

So what happens if the country splits and there are no Igbos you can insult to unite yourselves? I guess you will go back to your intra-yoruba Kiriji wars? grin
To be honest whenever Nigeria splits that issue with come up in every major ethnic groups including in Igbo land. The Nigerian tribal politics has corrupted us and will still make us see differences even within our ethnic group.
Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by Christistruth00: 8:49pm On Jan 19
Birminghamvirgo:

Something is wrong with you... You're an Egba man from Ogun State, period! We Lagosians know ourselves.
Ogun State comprises different Yoruba sub-ethnic groups, same as Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Kwara states respectively...

Egbas are also indigenous to Lagos

Abule Egba in Lagos belongs to the Egbas

Lekki belongs to Ijebus

You can do nothing about it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Natives Deplore Domination Of Lagos By Non-indigenes by christistruth01: 5:15am On Jan 22
Egbas are also indigenous to Lagos

Abule Egba in Lagos belongs to the Egbas

Lekki belongs to Ijebus

You can do nothing about it!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Shopping For Injunction To Stop Election-rigging Probe | Sahara Reporters / Ondo Election: Women Groups Protest In Ondo East LGA (photos) / 2019: Tambuwal, Wamakko Working Against Buhari –dahiru Yabo, APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.